Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
We welcome back our VA Partner: Jes of JIVASph to our team! | Fall Season events are IN for Lacrosse players!!! | Join our Lacrosse Forum Community | Advertise & Generate more organic supporters for your business
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,800
Posts399,003
Members2,637
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 80 1 2 76 77 78 79 80
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This thread is about as exciting as Jerry Springer episode. Keep it coming. May he rest in peace. Jerry Jerry Jerry.

If Jerry were still with us, I’d pitch him a show idea: Holdback Drama: Lacrosse Edition. Picture this—a couple with an entire family of holdback kids, but the real action? One parent’s having an affair with a ‘non-holdback’ parent on the sidelines while garbage-talking her own kids’ lacrosse stats. And just when things hit a fever pitch on stage, enter King Crab, mouth a snapping, stoking the tension. The audience would be packed with non-holdback parents, cheering for the chaos. Now that’s a show worth watching!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The plan is that the Elite clubs will be leaving HOCO and creating their own league which will be following the USA Lacrosse guidance.

Starting next spring (i.e. 2025 season)? Or at some point in the future?

I thought some of the elite teams were who pushed back against instituting the age guidelines, so why would they leave?
Only one pushed back..... FCA!
Good for FCA!

Here's what I heard...

Originally, hoco ruled that 29's would be age verified for the 7th and 8th grade seasons.

Then someone (Crabs) complained that they didn't know that when they decided to cheat and hold their kids back and that it wasn't fair so hoco caved and reversed the decision making the 29 age group a 27 month window.

Then FCA/ML/NL/Hawks and TC all said they would boycott Hoco this spring if they didn't reverse their reversal.
Considering your first sentence is verifiably full of alternative facts (the new rules were up until just days ago), we have to imagine the rest is also incorrect.

I think it is more likely that someone (FCA) didn't get the talent they wanted, so now they're trying to change the rules to suit their notoriously whiney parents.

Only whining I am hearing here is from the holdback supporters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's nice that the county get so much money from HoCo. Eventually it seemed like with so many for profit companies having teams why would they rely on a gov't run league. Just natural to split off. And maybe they get real sponsors and better venues.

Better venues? Troy is not exactly a repurposed baseball field. Would love to hear what you think would be better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449644 Yesterday at 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The plan is that the Elite clubs will be leaving HOCO and creating their own league which will be following the USA Lacrosse guidance.

I thought some of the elite teams were who pushed back against instituting the age guidelines, so why would they leave?
Good for FCA!

Here's what I heard...

Originally, hoco ruled that 29's would be age verified for the 7th and 8th grade seasons.

Then someone (Crabs) complained that they didn't know that when they decided to cheat and hold their kids back and that it wasn't fair so hoco caved and reversed the decision making the 29 age group a 27 month window.

Then FCA/ML/NL/Hawks and TC all said they would boycott Hoco this spring if they didn't reverse their reversal.
Considering your first sentence is verifiably full of alternative facts (the new rules were up until just days ago), we have to imagine the rest is also incorrect.

I think it is more likely that someone (FCA) didn't get the talent they wanted, so now they're trying to change the rules to suit their notoriously whiney parents.

The change to the 27 month window was posted this summer. It was a departure from the rules that hoco passed out last year. Give that the only team that brought down a bunch of 9th graders is Crabs, it’s not a reach to assume Crabs and Crabs parents cried that HOCO wasn’t depriving them of their opportunity to cheat.

I guess after that loss to predators, they had to do something.

The rest of the clubs complained and eventually hoco caved to the pressure. Now crabs parents are @ChillLaxin hurt that their high school aged kid won’t get a chance to actually look good on the field while playing against middle schoolers.

As for FCA, I’m guessing your kid got cut from them at some point. I have no idea if they will be good or not this year. They struggled last year but did go 2-1 at the next level tourney.

None of this really matters because neither the cheating crabs or FCA will be hoisting the hoco trophy this year.

Maybe you should hold your kid back a second time. I’m sure he will look even better playing against those 30’s.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449645 Yesterday at 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also purely coincidental that reclassing is a major problem in lacrosse but not in sports like soccer and hockey where ages are strictly verified.

Hockey is an interesting comparison.

Most college hockey players don't start college until later in life/after playing some form of post graduate hockey or competing in juniors. I'd imagine the college coaches enjoy it because they get to recruit young men who are 19-21 years old, when it's much easier to determine what type of athlete they will be. The later recruiting cycle coupled with the strict age verification seems like a decent model to change the demand side of things (i.e. college recruiting), which in theory would relieve some of the supply side stress (i.e. holding a young athlete back because of perceived/real benefits).

I'm sure there are still plenty of problems in the hockey world, but maybe their model is in some ways superior to what's currently going on with lacrosse. Or not.

Canadians dont go to college, so they dont mind the extra years playing Hockey till they get recruited to play Hockey.

Aside from that, Soccer and Hockey both go by age. As does every other sport in HOCO besides lacrosse.
It is the right way to go . Sept 1 is logical age to start in MD as it aligns with school system but Hockey and Soccer do Jan 1 and have no problems .
The biggest problem I see with any of that is,, how will the holdbacks get an advantage ?

Nailed it.

As I see it, we’re doing a public service to all of the delusional holdback dads who are convinced their below average athlete son will get recruited when they watch him play against prepubescent kids.

Holdback dad is going to have a rude awakening when his kid isn’t recruited and little champ will forever feel like a failure for sacrificing everything to make his father proud of him yet coming up short.

Far better to make holdback dad face the reality that his kid just isn’t that good now and let him learn to love his son for other reasons. As a plus, his kid can simply play sports for fun and avoid the lifetime of therapy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #449646 Yesterday at 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's nice that the county get so much money from HoCo. Eventually it seemed like with so many for profit companies having teams why would they rely on a gov't run league. Just natural to split off. And maybe they get real sponsors and better venues.

Better venues? Troy is not exactly a repurposed baseball field. Would love to hear what you think would be better.

Use the college stadiums. Put it on streaming. This is America's premier youth lax league. Act like it. Look at Texas and youth football. They have radio, tv, sponsors. Outside of the games there's no events, kickoffs, clinics. We the parents through the clubs are subsidizing howard county's entire rec. that's nice but certainly not getting back what $ we put in. I don't live in howard county. There's not even a hoco league t-shirt you get out of that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449647 Yesterday at 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for FCA!

Here's what I heard...

It's definitely not coming from the moms complaining and trying to change the rules Nailed it.

Did anyone else notice that US Lacrosse is forcing the U16 team to play the U18 team this weekend? How can they get away with this madness?! That's not fair!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449649 Yesterday at 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for FCA!

Here's what I heard...

Just run it like MYLA. Failure to comply with the rules will allow them to compete, but result in disqualification from playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449656 Yesterday at 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for FCA!

Here's what I heard...

The change to the 27 month window was posted this summer. It was a departure from the rules that hoco passed out last year. Give that the only team that brought down a bunch of 9th graders is Crabs, it’s not a reach to assume Crabs and Crabs parents cried that HOCO wasn’t depriving them of their opportunity to cheat.

I guess after that loss to predators, they had to do something.

The rest of the clubs complained and eventually hoco caved to the pressure. Now crabs parents are @ChillLaxin hurt that their high school aged kid won’t get a chance to actually look good on the field while playing against middle schoolers.

As for FCA, I’m guessing your kid got cut from them at some point. I have no idea if they will be good or not this year. They struggled last year but did go 2-1 at the next level tourney.

None of this really matters because neither the cheating crabs or FCA will be hoisting the hoco trophy this year.

Maybe you should hold your kid back a second time. I’m sure he will look even better playing against those 30’s.
This guy here knows how to write some parody. Bravo

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #449658 Yesterday at 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Spring league for my 8th grader, who ia a year older because he did a pre first year. He wants to play with kids his age. So I am guessing a spring league for 9th graders. He has played for a top 30 Elite/AAA team before moving to the area. Any Suggestions? Looking in the BAltimore Metro area.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #449669 Yesterday at 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This banter between adults is really embarrassing. We are using kids as our pawns in a sport we don’t play, as a vehicle to make ourselves feel better, and a place where we are teaching our kids to be jerks. No matter how old they are or what team they play for. You are seen acting like this on this forum and it’s seen on the sideline. Way to go! High five! Maybe the site needs to go down again.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449672 Yesterday at 10:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Spring league for my 8th grader, who ia a year older because he did a pre first year. He wants to play with kids his age. So I am guessing a spring league for 9th graders. He has played for a top 30 Elite/AAA team before moving to the area. Any Suggestions? Looking in the BAltimore Metro area.
No such thing. He'll have to sit out and watch for a year to pay for your obvious attempt at cheating.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449675 14 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use the college stadiums. Put it on streaming. This is America's premier youth lax league. Act like it. Look at Texas and youth football. They have radio, tv, sponsors. Outside of the games there's no events, kickoffs, clinics. We the parents through the clubs are subsidizing howard county's entire rec. that's nice but certainly not getting back what $ we put in. I don't live in howard county. There's not even a hoco league t-shirt you get out of that.

You have a grand vision, you should pitch it to Ricky.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449681 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he was born in summer and did prefirst , it looks like he can play in HOCO , even though I am actually confused on what the cut off is now.

If he is born before that and older, Play on your MIAA Junior High school team . Most MIAA teams have them. You must be in MIAA as only MIAA schools call it a prefirst . The public schools call it holding him back in Kindergarten .

Until about 10 years ago, this is what all the private school players did that were prefirsts or heldback, They didnt play in youth lacrosse as it was by age. Played with their MIAA JH school teams or practiced with JV team. Frankly back then even the notorious Crabs only went by age and their teams were some of best in country.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449684 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is this cheating. The question states that the kid want to play on age. Lots of anger hear.

Like Reply Quote
Page 78 of 80 1 2 76 77 78 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard