Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
We welcome back our VA Partner: Jes of JIVASph to our team! | Fall Season events are IN for Lacrosse players!!! | Join our Lacrosse Forum Community | Advertise & Generate more organic supporters for your business
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Northeast Select Lacrosse
by Team BOTC -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,795
Posts398,721
Members2,637
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 78 1 2 74 75 76 77 78
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #449348 9 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Preds B has a serious chance to win AAA. They gained a bunch of Carroll Manor kids and I believe is a serious threat. Tell me your thoughts.
They picked up a serious defender from Carrol manor and will be a perfect fit and lead the defense in games, also there faceoff guy is a serious threat and is a well rounded player. and honestly i could see them winning

First question would be tell me who will be in AAA before picking a winner but I would assume until proven otherwise True NOVA is class of AAA. I heard TMD added a few pieces so they may be a threat.
Last year true nova lost to Carrol manor in overtime during the regular season, also they haven't beaten anyone under 150 in the rankings but that doesn't disprove that they could win again. team Maryland has an excellent faceoff guy but other parts of the team aren't looking so strong and might be a burden on the team, but then again all you need is a good faceoff guy to win a game.

NOVA went 9-0 in AAA last year, and probably added kids. They will be the favorites to win AAA again this year.

True NOVA has nothing to proof playing in AAA. By the end of last year they ran over everyone (no one was within 6 goals the last 4-5 weeks of Hoco) - But, the one poster is correct. Their closest win was in week 2 when they beat Carroll Manor in OT. They are trying to move up to Elite and play with the big boys to see if they belong - they are in a fight with 2-3 other teams that want to move there or remain in Elite - at the end of last year they were ranked higher than the Predators. They did pick up some kids. Mostly of the pick ups were former VLC kids that played with TC last year and decided the trek over to Annapolis wasn't worth it.

To move up to Elite someone would have to drop out and I don’t see any of those teams dropping.

If everything was equal (and I understand that they aren't) HOCO should work like a relegation system. Outside of the Elite division, HOCO generally works like that. I also understand Elite programs try to sway the system to their favor. But, why should Preds stay because they did exactly what last year? Winning HOCO AAA playoff champions two years ago (when they weren't even the regular season champs)?. The only reason the Preds moved up last year was the implosion of the VLC team. Team 91 should be in the same boat too - 2 wins in 3 years? I also understand that MM (like CM and others) have a great deal of input on this.

At a minimum some of these bottom teams should have play in games - should be something like NOVA, 91, DCE (remember they are around this year), and Preds.

There is surely lots of back room negotiating going on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with HOCO in the 2029 elite division this upcoming year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449356 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No amount of flexibility will ever be good enough for Holdback Dad.

2 years older than everybody else is allowed? Well what if his son misses that deadline by only 17 weeks?? Do you expect the kid to have to play with others his own age???
Can you believe they make them play against older kids in school? Someone should do something about that. It's not fair, right mom?

Nice try, Holdback Dad! But most people in a 2029 league expect to see 13 year olds, maybe a few 14 year olds. Not you rolling up with your kid/player driving.

This is common sense to most people, actually.

I feel for parents who's kids are on the bubble and not quite able to compete with the more skilled, bigger and faster kids. This is your last year to play the victim, make sure to get it all out while you can.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449364 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 years older than everybody else is allowed? Well what if his son misses that deadline by only 17 weeks?? Do you expect the kid to have to play with others his own age???
Can you believe they make them play against older kids in school? Someone should do something about that. It's not fair, right mom?

Nice try, Holdback Dad! But most people in a 2029 league expect to see 13 year olds, maybe a few 14 year olds. Not you rolling up with your kid/player driving.

I feel for parents who's kids are on the bubble and not quite able to compete with the more skilled, bigger and faster kids. This is your last year to play the victim, make sure to get it all out while you can.

Couldn’t the same be said for a parent holding his kid back because their child can’t compete on age?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449369 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't help but feel for the holdback dads in the DMV once high school ends and their sons don't end up at a better Ivy or top D1 program. All that work, only for what? How does little J feel knowing he was held back and still didn't make the cut? Instead, he's riding the bench at Lehigh or Butler. Only a few holdbacks get recruited into those top programs each year—probably less than 100 from a lot of holdbacks—while competing against thousands who weren’t held back. Best case scenario, Holdback Dad got to enjoy the glory days of watching Johnny dominate younger players in youth leagues. Oh and that last year of HS when Johnny the college freshman holdback got to compete against HS players. Man I bet that feels good ! Good Luck .

Last edited by Team BOTC; 8 hours ago. Reason: Name Dropping is prohibited
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody hit a nerve. LMAO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449372 7 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds B has a serious chance to win AAA. They gained a bunch of Carroll Manor kids and I believe is a serious threat. Tell me your thoughts.
They picked up a serious defender from Carrol manor and will be a perfect fit and lead the defense in games, also there faceoff guy is a serious threat and is a well rounded player. and honestly i could see them winning
That Carroll Manor defender rode bench. I ain't worried about him.
their were two that went one rode bench one played the whole game

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449373 7 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn’t the same be said for a parent holding his kid back because their child can’t compete on age?
I don't think it's the kids that can't compete on age that should worry you. It's the ones who can, but still hold-back that should keep you up at night. Imagine losing a middle school lacrosse game. Oh the horror!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449380 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First question would be tell me who will be in AAA before picking a winner but I would assume until proven otherwise True NOVA is class of AAA. I heard TMD added a few pieces so they may be a threat.
Last year true nova lost to Carrol manor in overtime during the regular season, also they haven't beaten anyone under 150 in the rankings but that doesn't disprove that they could win again. team Maryland has an excellent faceoff guy but other parts of the team aren't looking so strong and might be a burden on the team, but then again all you need is a good faceoff guy to win a game.

NOVA went 9-0 in AAA last year, and probably added kids. They will be the favorites to win AAA again this year.

True NOVA has nothing to proof playing in AAA. By the end of last year they ran over everyone (no one was within 6 goals the last 4-5 weeks of Hoco) - But, the one poster is correct. Their closest win was in week 2 when they beat Carroll Manor in OT. They are trying to move up to Elite and play with the big boys to see if they belong - they are in a fight with 2-3 other teams that want to move there or remain in Elite - at the end of last year they were ranked higher than the Predators. They did pick up some kids. Mostly of the pick ups were former VLC kids that played with TC last year and decided the trek over to Annapolis wasn't worth it.

To move up to Elite someone would have to drop out and I don’t see any of those teams dropping.

If everything was equal (and I understand that they aren't) HOCO should work like a relegation system. Outside of the Elite division, HOCO generally works like that. I also understand Elite programs try to sway the system to their favor. But, why should Preds stay because they did exactly what last year? Winning HOCO AAA playoff champions two years ago (when they weren't even the regular season champs)?. The only reason the Preds moved up last year was the implosion of the VLC team. Team 91 should be in the same boat too - 2 wins in 3 years? I also understand that MM (like CM and others) have a great deal of input on this.

At a minimum some of these bottom teams should have play in games - should be something like NOVA, 91, DCE (remember they are around this year), and Preds.

There is surely lots of back room negotiating going on.

While what you are saying makes a lot of sense, history shows that for whatever reason some teams get a pass. What exactly has DCE accomplished over established AAA teams to deserve a play in spot? Essentially BLC from AAA with maybe a few additional players. They have done play ins in the past and it is possible NOVA gets that chance, but the whole thing seems more political than based on anything else. Teams change so much from year to year with additions/subtractions that basing it on last year alone can be a challenge. Fall can be used to some extent but that isn’t always a good barometer either with kids playing multiple sports and missing fall events-results are not always indicative of what you will see in the Spring.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449389 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard he lacks stick skills and is a slow player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This website is a joke, all the people who comment are butthurt holdback parents who cry about their children! Get a life bozo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the Dad of a reclassified kid, I am not afraid to say that my kid is better than everyone else. I am proud of my boy, and I am for reclasses playing. I reclassified my son so he could get a big scholarship at McDonough. My boy is going to tear it up this season! If you are mad, just admit that my son is better. Go crabs! All these people on this website are mad that Crabs is better than the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449395 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the Dad of a reclassified kid, I am not afraid to say that my kid is better than everyone else. I am proud of my boy, and I am for reclasses playing. I reclassified my son so he could get a big scholarship at McDonough. My boy is going to tear it up this season! If you are mad, just admit that my son is better. Go crabs! All these people on this website are mad that Crabs is better than the other teams.
I agree!! My son is a reclass and let me say this has benefited him significantly. My son is 6'3 195 and already has received Division 1 offers from the likes of LIU, and various other schools. I love my son, and I think these rules regarding a kid only 1 month older than the cutoff date. These butthurt parents are scared that their precious children will get dominated by the likes of superior children like mine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449397 3 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best 2028 team playing as a 2029 for sure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449398 2 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree!! My son is a reclass and let me say this has benefited him significantly. My son is 6'3 195 and already has received Division 1 offers from the likes of LIU, and various other schools. I love my son, and I think these rules regarding a kid only 1 month older than the cutoff date. These butthurt parents are scared that their precious children will get dominated by the likes of superior children like mine.

If he was “superior” he wouldn’t need to reclass….

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #449400 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This website is a joke, all the people who comment are butthurt parents who cry about their children! Get a life bozo!
Fixed that for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the rampant reclassing going on with Crabs and Preds, True Chesapeake appears to be trying to restock with even more out of state kids. A year after adding the top 6 VLC players, TC is now bringing in more Virginia and even a North Carolina kid (#22 is from True NC LKN) this year. I saw at least 5 helmets that didn't belong to MD area clubs on that squad this weekend. Amazing what people will do to try to win hoco. Sadly, the True Mid Atlantic squad went 0-3 on the day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 78 1 2 74 75 76 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard