Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts398,034
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Anonymous #448675 Yesterday at 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone here join a "national" team? What's the difference between that and a club team?
The national team is for the parents ego and no development. The club team is supposed to be for the kids and development. But to each their own

My older son has played a “national team” and had a great experience. We didn’t take it too seriously, he met some great kids from other regions and we had a good time with the parents. Yes, there was a cost to it but overall the experience itself was actually pretty good. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Team BOTC #448679 Yesterday at 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, regional/national teams are a head scratcher. Look at the 2026 teams that are committing to college now, half are from out state anyway. And all those kids are on ONE club team, I would venture to guess. These national/regional teams are sold as “super teams”…and none of them would ever beat the top Express and 91 teams by time the HS years come. Just find a team from a reputable club that has dedicated coaches, and all will be well. And make sure there is time to play other sports. Your son is not missing out of anything in the lax world. Long Island by playing on 2nd team. It is already so saturated in club that the next revenue stream is creating national and regional teams because clubs can’t expand further east anymore. Remember this is a business. And the key measure of success amongst the clubs, again, in my opinion, is wins vs losses and college commitments. Go on each club page and look at each clubs commitment list and see who develops the best talent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448681 Yesterday at 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone here join a "national" team? What's the difference between that and a club team?
The national team is for the parents ego and no development. The club team is supposed to be for the kids and development. But to each their own

My older son has played a “national team” and had a great experience. We didn’t take it too seriously, he met some great kids from other regions and we had a good time with the parents. Yes, there was a cost to it but overall the experience itself was actually pretty good. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.
Sounds like poster above is correct. You wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, but what about your son? Did he get better at lacrosse or did you pay for him to have friends? Have a look at 90 % of the scores from all age group's and tell me how that’s good lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard