@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 4th Grade Boys (2032 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.
Columbus Day on tourney machine. Igloo in B division. No way that's right.
Originally Posted by Anonymous

they lost kids heard a few went to 91/ jesters / s2s

too much daddy ball will do that

It’s 4th grade lacrosse. You’re kidding right?
Let’s leave the igloo coach alone. He’s a good guy and means well.
By 11th grade 91 will be number #1period!

they lost kids heard a few went to 91/ jesters / s2s

too much daddy ball will do that

It’s 4th grade, who do you think should coach them, John Danowski? Get a grip mom.
91 is already #1 in this age group
Please explain how 91 is #1 so we all can get an idea of your ranking philosophy.
See dude they can’t accept it! When they hear 91 they have to attack because they know who will be on top one way or another!
See dude they can’t accept it! When they hear 91 they have to attack because they know who will be on top one way or another!

On top of what? Why not be happy your little kid is playing, there is a very good chance he won’t play past elementary school.
Your in the vortex that’s called lacrosse! If your kid is playing travel at this age be prepared for a lot of years sitting on the sidelines freezing and roasting!
Lots of talent spread out across a few teams, 91 and S2S improved their roster. Igloo still strong, with Legacy and Rebels close behind. These teams all have good coaching, should be a lot or close games this fall.
Lots of talent spread out across a few teams, 91 and S2S improved their roster. Igloo still strong, with Legacy and Rebels close behind. These teams all have good coaching, should be a lot or close games this fall.

Agree, several good teams to watch in this age group.

My God, what shallow lives, it’s kiddie lacrosse.

Then why are you taking time to comment??

Because you’re pathetic and it’s still kiddie lacrosse.

You sound a little triggered, calling people pathetic for talking about youth lacrosse on a youth lacrosse board. If it bothers you so much not sure why you waste your time here.
Columbus Day tourney 2
solid brackets, S2S and Moose Lax should win their brackets.
Columbus Day tourney 2
solid brackets, S2S and Moose Lax should win their brackets.

s2s lost a few kids
Some to jesters and 91
Won’t be as good

I Believe The Igloo "Arctic Wolves" are Igloo's 2nd/ B Team. The Winter Soldiers are not listed in that particular tournament.
Originally Posted by LIDAD31

I Believe The Igloo "Arctic Wolves" are Igloo's 2nd/ B Team. The Winter Soldiers are not listed in that particular tournament.

**Correction: I'm Mistaken. I posted in the wrong age group... Sorry
Originally Posted by LIDAD31

This is a 32 thread bud not 31
91 lost to igloo in OT last time they played. 91 should have won and then they took a few of Igloos best players. Seems like common sense to say they are team to beat
By 11th grade 91 will be number #1period!

By 11th grade the 91 roster will be full of reclasses and older kids from out of state. Check out the older boards and you’ll see.

You sound a little triggered, calling people pathetic for talking about youth lacrosse on a youth lacrosse board. If it bothers you so much not sure why you waste your time here.

Triggered??? You’re rating little boys on an anonymous site, you think that’s normal? And as for wasting time, it’s like driving past a horrific accident, you can’t help it. And like that, this is sad, and so are you.

Triggered??? You’re rating little boys on an anonymous site, you think that’s normal? And as for wasting time, it’s like driving past a horrific accident, you can’t help it. And like that, this is sad, and so are you.

You are definitely triggered. No one is rating anyone just talking about teams to watch on a youth lacrosse chat board. Not sure why you’re so wound up about that. You should take it easy, it’s not a big deal.
Anyone care to tackle the Gorilla in this room?
Interesting results from the Columbus Day Invitational this past weekend. Igloo, Rebels and Legacy all went 1-1 vs each other in blow outs. Whalers (?) 4-0 in the other division. Should make for a competitive year.

You are definitely triggered. No one is rating anyone just talking about teams to watch on a youth lacrosse chat board. Not sure why you’re so wound up about that. You should take it easy, it’s not a big deal.

I’m amazed at what incredible clowns you all are. I don’t even have a kid in this age, but my God you don’t even get it, you’re rating them and their teams like pro scouts, worrying about who is coaching them, it’s baby lacrosse! Over half of them won’t be playing in HS.
You don’t have a child this age and you’re on the forum? Now I’m scared…
My son plays in this age group and we are now worried he may not have a team next week.
Why wouldn't your son have a team next week?
Interesting results from the Columbus Day Invitational this past weekend. Igloo, Rebels and Legacy all went 1-1 vs each other in blow outs. Whalers (?) 4-0 in the other division. Should make for a competitive year.

Not sure who the Whalers are, but they looked legit.
Lot’s of good talent at the age, would have thought MooseLax would have faired better on Columbus Day.
Lot’s of good talent at the age, would have thought MooseLax would have faired better on Columbus Day.

Yes, Whalers are a town team, so Mooselax loosing to them isn’t a great look for them.

Probably not nearly as scared as your kid is of disappointing his dad on the field. Great job ruining your sons fun experience because you’re desperate to get attention. You must be so proud of yourself.

Why is it that people go to the darkest places with this? It’s usually these posters who are having these weird thoughts themselves which is why they are “scared”

In reality, there is a whole wealth of lax experienced individuals out there who can contribute info to a forum. There are also genuinely interested people because they coach, or they have kids they have either moved on or up and coming, or parents who have club affiliation or maybe they are just interested in lax in general.

What worries me more are posts like this that go directly down the “creeper” route. Says more about you than anyone else. Lighten up francis.
Can we get back to talking about lacrosse on this lacrosse message board?

How did Rebels, Igloo and Legacy all end up losing to each other last weekend?
Schedule was not good. Igloo and Rebels had to play back-to-back, while Legacy did not in round Robin. The Rebels had to play again back-to-back in Chip. Rebels 2 Back-to-back, igloo one, all loses. 32's should never be scheduled back-to-back. Big lost of 3 is Legacy. they were 1-2 with NO back to backs.
Igloo lost first game in 2 years to a Long Island team in this age group. Surprised rebels aren't pounding chest or igloos haters not highlighting as much
Yes, the real takeaways are that Rebels and Igloo are closely matched - each lost to the other when it was their team’s turn to stay on the field and play back to back games.

Legacy had no back to back games and was able to beat Rebels when Rebels had to play them right after their Igloo game, but Legacy lost to Rebels in the following game when had Rebels a break between games.

Basically, the scheduling [Censored] for Igloo and Rebels, but helped Legacy.
Igloo lost first game in 2 years to a Long Island team in this age group. Surprised rebels aren't pounding chest or igloos haters not highlighting as much

Parent on the team, and I think this Rebels group is pretty grounded and has some big goals. Don't expect to hear much from them (unless it's an impersonator)

Parent on the team, and I think this Rebels group is pretty grounded and has some big goals. Don't expect to hear much from them (unless it's an impersonator)

Agree, a lot of the Rebels “chest pounding” comes from trolls just trying to stir the pot, not anyone actually affiliated with the team.
Rebels parents are far from grounded - ha. From what I’ve seen probably the worst parent behavior from parents of any team. Rebels are average, Igloo had an off game, it happens
Rebels parents are far from grounded - ha. From what I’ve seen probably the worst parent behavior from parents of any team. Rebels are average, Igloo had an off game, it happens

Ok, Igloo dad…….
Yes, the real takeaways are that Rebels and Igloo are closely matched - each lost to the other when it was their team’s turn to stay on the field and play back to back games.

I watched the legacy games against my son's team (rebels) and a little bit against igloo (our tent was next to the field). legacy had a couple great players, but nothing seemed to be clicking and they were extremely inconsistent. maybe we lost because we played back to back games but my biggest Takeaway watching the tournament, is that legacy has a legit goalie. though he struggled against igloo. he made some big times saves in their win against us in our first game. And the second game against us, he kept them in the game. Their offense may be had one shot in the first half and at halftime the score was 4-0 (i think) thanks to him. He drew a penalty while carrying the ball in the second half. He continued to keep the team in the game but we were able to score a couple of goals on unsettled situation in the last minute, but i wanted to give credit to a player on another team, when even though we beat them, he deserves some recognition as being a very very solid 4th grade goalie.

I watched the legacy games against my son's team (rebels) and a little bit against igloo (our tent was next to the field). legacy had a couple great players, but nothing seemed to be clicking and they were extremely inconsistent. maybe we lost because we played back to back games but my biggest Takeaway watching the tournament, is that legacy has a legit goalie. though he struggled against igloo. he made some big times saves in their win against us in our first game. And the second game against us, he kept them in the game. Their offense may be had one shot in the first half and at halftime the score was 4-0 (i think) thanks to him. He drew a penalty while carrying the ball in the second half. He continued to keep the team in the game but we were able to score a couple of goals on unsettled situation in the last minute, but i wanted to give credit to a player on another team, when even though we beat them, he deserves some recognition as being a very very solid 4th grade goalie.

Hey mom, “we” didn’t do anything, your little kid did.
Ha, Legacy goalie Mom enters the discussion.

Ok, Igloo dad…….

Let’s be honest, I’m from here and lost Long Island parents aren’t grounded
Good riddance Igloo 32 coach, well done by the Igloo organization, the right move as the lacrosse community knows. Doubtful that guy and his kids land anywhere meaningful.
Igloo is the premier team & we will see it oct 4.
Premier 4th grade team - congrats!
Wow Rebels Shut out 91 in pool play. Then 91 played much better in final. Rebels down 2 with minutes left. Score 2, tying goal with a second left. rebels win in OT. 91 daddy ball at it best, they had 28 kids.

The Legacy goalie mom coming on here and pretending to be a Rebels parent who is in complete awe of her son has got to be the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this forum!
I hear 91 have 8 dad coaches who run around the sidelines yelling at their own kid….. At what point does 91 fo a proper AA team based on talent?
Rebels are much better than 91. They killed them in first game and played awful in 2nd one and still beat them. Is igloo already losing players bc of the coaching situation. 91 had an aggressive pole who was wearing an Igloo helmet.

Well, this didn’t age well…..maybe wait until the season actually starts before declaring your son’s team is the best next time…
I don’t know whether the bigger meltdown was the 91 meltdown on the field or the 91 parent meltdown on the sidelines. After months of convincing themselves that they were the best team on LI, they got spanked by Rebels - twice!

Saddest part was watching the 91 bench - at least 27 kids on that roster and 2/3 of them didn’t set foot on the field in either game. Parents, don’t drink the 91 kool-aid, it does your kid no good to stand on a sideline and watch his team loose, doesn’t matter whether he’s wearing a 91 helmet or not; clearly 91 does not equal champs.

There are a number of competitive teams in this age group. Find a club with a reasonable roster size. Your son will be a better player in the long run for it.
Yes. 91 only played about half of their 27 kids. Kid with igloo helmet never left field. Not sure how that is fair for kids actually on the team more than a few days. 91 is a joke.
It’s the business of travel lacrosse, the best kids play, but you take max number of kids to collect $$. On a highly competitive team, won’t have more than 13/14 see time, kids that don’t play in tourneys become practice players at a high cost. Agree with above, kids need to be on the field to improve. For those that haven’t educated themselves on 91, please ask questions of parents that have had their kids there.
Just to be straight, igloo’s 2032 coach is one of the best to come through the organization that has built two incredible teams. Track record speaks the truth.
It’s just the luck of the Draw! It’s like rolling Dice!
LOL - Imagine being in a culture which a mom thinks it is okay to run on the field during the game to check the cages ------ Welcome to 91 Lacrosse! nothing but TOXIC!
Ah, another parent who’s kid didn’t get picked at 91 tryouts!
Just to be straight, igloo’s 2032 coach is one of the best to come through the organization that has built two incredible teams. Track record speaks the truth.

Igloo 32 coach hasnt built anything has joined some teams and has jumped organizations lol. Fact check
LOL - Imagine being in a culture which a mom thinks it is okay to run on the field during the game to check the cages ------ Welcome to 91 Lacrosse! nothing but TOXIC!

LMFAO no way this happened? Where's the video proof?
91 doesn't seem to do a good job picking if they're losing 9-0 to the rebels
Ah, another parent who’s kid didn’t get picked at 91 tryouts!

From the looks of that sideline looks like they took everyone from tryouts! 28 kids on a 4th grade team, not very selective.
It happened- after she got kicked out by the ref. Embarrassing for 91 and the poor kids had to stand in the pouring rain. She found her way back on in a change of clothes.
Props to being inventive!
91 sound like a disaster - ha - but they have cool swag and bumper stickers
Please explain how 91 is #1 so we all can get an idea of your ranking philosophy.
He is just talking about your little pond.
There are about 6 teams from MD that are better than anything you have up that way.
Okay Spanky keep dreaming !

LMFAO no way this happened? Where's the video proof?

Examples of poor parent behavior , is when I wish clubs would just refund the money and ask families to move on.
Round 2 of Igloo, Rebels, and 91 at the Tristar AA division.
Really sad LI people can’t get it. Maryland will dominate 2032.

Great division should be some fun!
Looks like Rebels and Shore have already switched schedules and divisions for Tristar. So much for that idea.
Rebels to B division…….
No idea why schedule change, nothing to do with Rebels. Looks like those 2 divisions are equal. I would THINK 91, got them moved out. If they lost again, that would make for a long winter.
No divisions on TourneyMachine for 32's.
No divisions on TourneyMachine for 32's.

Looks like they're separated by colors.
Someone other than rebels asked to not play them. This is a joke that schedulers would do this
Divisions aren’t even lol, Rebels with 3 other second tier teams - Rebels Nation can’t be happy

Great division should be some fun!

Put them back! We want to see 91, Igloo and Rebels go!! DO IT. S2S looking a fish out of water
Rumors swirling that Rebels couldn’t pull a few of the 5th graders they usually rely on for Tristar
Rumors swirling that Rebels couldn’t pull a few of the 5th graders they usually rely on for Tristar

The Rebels boys are strong and skilled and it’s cute that you think they would be 5th graders, but nope, just talented and tenacious 4th graders.
Ok Rebels mom……
Think she said it best, 4th graders! Who cares about 2032. So much will change. Kids who are good now will disappear in 3 years and then kids who are good in 7th will disappear by 10th. Just enjoy it, time with your kid. Maybe 1 of these kids will make it to Duke. 1….
Good to know what teams? So we can see you weeping when we come
Don’t be salty S2S had a good run last year. You begged out and we stepped up. Did your ego get crushed because I was glad when we got put into that bracket.

No 5th graders coming down lol. I have a kid on the 2031s and they definitely wouldn't go down even if asked. Plus they made all the teams register with US lacrosse for age verification.
Think she said it best, 4th graders! Who cares about 2032. So much will change. Kids who are good now will disappear in 3 years and then kids who are good in 7th will disappear by 10th. Just enjoy it, time with your kid. Maybe 1 of these kids will make it to Duke. 1….

Wrong, kids who are good now are because they the best athletes at this age and will always be athletes. What will happen is others will develop and become players, that are not the best players now,but the better players aren’t going to disappear.

Wrong, kids who are good now are because they the best athletes at this age and will always be athletes. What will happen is others will develop and become players, that are not the best players now,but the better players aren’t going to disappear.

Will slightly disagree. While I do agree the best athletes get a great head start puberty is the great equalizer and I’ve seen time and time again that the biggest strongest athletes when they are young are caught up to by many by sophomore year and because they relied on their athleticism when they were younger they didn’t quite develop to their full potential. But I don’t disagree that if they don’t burnout, they do stay relevant at the older ages.

Of course some will. It’s a time honored tradition, just because a kid is great now has no bearing on his future. If he’s a runt he’s not going to be much of anything sports wise.
Ha!!! Wrong! Not how it works. Maybe 1 or 2 but the superstars in 4th grade are rarely the same come 10th grade, Fact. Puberty and physical play severely impact the psychological aspect of the game and very few make it to the other side. But the Napoleon rebels parents can keep telling themselves their little 4th grader is the best. Bettter to be humble and enjoy the ride rather than bank on that scholarship to UVA.
Looks like some coaching changes for Igloo…..
New head coach
Overall 32 coaches across the board weak, Igloo was among the weakest
Igloo coach was awful. His removal is 5 years too late. Hundreds of kids lost the chance to enjoy this sport.
91 has 7 coaches, S2S and Legacy 6, and Igloo 5, when does this end?
Rebels 3-4 that’s a good number. Only one parent
Nobody cares about the Rebels, 2-3 decent players will move to 91. Fact
Why move to a team they smacked- u have to move on. Try developing players. 91 means nothing in youth lacrosse on LI
I know folks detest 91, and typically that is always the case when a team is atop almost all age groups, but with that said, there is no better program in terms of development. Just need to ask anyone at 91 who has left another program albeit Igloo, Express, Rebels, Legacy, etc. 91 makes kids better, simple fact, very few programs come close. Rebels parents can beat their chest over wins at this age, but in 2-3 years they wont even come close. 91 is the best product on the street, track record exists, 24 Wolfpack, 25 Shock commits are undeniable. Unfortunately the Rebels have zero commits worth speaking of, think it might be time to open your eyes.
I know folks detest 91, and typically that is always the case when a team is atop almost all age groups, but with that said, there is no better program in terms of development. Just need to ask anyone at 91 who has left another program albeit Igloo, Express, Rebels, Legacy, etc. 91 makes kids better, simple fact, very few programs come close. Rebels parents can beat their chest over wins at this age, but in 2-3 years they wont even come close. 91 is the best product on the street, track record exists, 24 Wolfpack, 25 Shock commits are undeniable. Unfortunately the Rebels have zero commits worth speaking of, think it might be time to open your eyes.

The landscape is changing quickly - Rebels wasn’t even around when the Shock and Wolfpack boys were young.

Express and 91 were in a completely different league than any other LI teams back then and they steamrolled everyone. Valor is not the same type of team that those were.

It’s good that there’s more competition between the clubs now. Better to have 3 or 4 competitive clubs who keep decent roster sizes than 2 clubs who overload their teams, so kids are wasted on the sidelines. Hope Express can actually start to put a decent team together in this age group.
We have kids on both Express and Rebels and can say there is a stark difference on how Rebels treats their B clubs compared to their A. They should really invest more in their B clubs as they pay the same. They consistently give them less tournaments less practices, poor communication and always a delay on gear. This is most likely why parents pull their kids. Our child with Express got his great almost immediately and we ordered through their New Balance site. Rebels still hasn't given gear. Both haven't given helmets yet though.
We have kids on both Express and Rebels and can say there is a stark difference on how Rebels treats their B clubs compared to their A. They should really invest more in their B clubs as they pay the same. They consistently give them less tournaments less practices, poor communication and always a delay on gear. This is most likely why parents pull their kids. Our child with Express got his great almost immediately and we ordered through their New Balance site. Rebels still hasn't given gear. Both haven't given helmets yet though.

Express is a much much better club IMHO.

Express is a much much better club IMHO.

I have kids in both clubs and completely disagree. Rebels is offering significantly more for their younger teams. However, I do agree with the original complaint about uniforms. My son’s Express uniform was delivered over a month ago, still waiting on the Rebels uniform.

91 doesn’t develop talent, they recruit talent. They also drop talent when it no longer fits the bill. So your 4th grade superstar better stay that way, make sure he’s growing proportionate to his age, he maintains that speed and he better lay off the chocolate cake or his time on 91 will be limited.

This couldnt be more far from the truth.
91 doesn’t develop they get good kids moving there to play on a better team. Yes they draw from a large pool of talented kids. And they are very good at most ages. Bc people are fine with their kids playing 4 mins a game and putting the #1 finger up at the end.

If they were so good at developing their B teams would be a filter for the kids to move up. Instead most A kids get tired of playing 4 mins a game and drop down to b team
That’s not developing kids. That’s being able to pull from larger number of kids at tryouts

Fact!
91 also get kids from all over country, brings them to tourneys only. How can a parent that kid goes to every practice only to give his spot to out of state kid. Go look at commits and where they’re from. It’s sad, but true they do not care at all. Every business has a life, nothing lasts forever. They are definitely going down, then out. That’s a fact, Jack.

This couldnt be more far from the truth.
91 doesn’t develop they get good kids moving there to play on a better team. Yes they draw from a large pool of talented kids. And they are very good at most ages. Bc people are fine with their kids playing 4 mins a game and putting the #1 finger up at the end.

If they were so good at developing their B teams would be a filter for the kids to move up. Instead most A kids get tired of playing 4 mins a game and drop down to b team
That’s not developing kids. That’s being able to pull from larger number of kids at tryouts

Fact!

This is definitely a Fact. There is a huge drop off and whats fool is if most of these clubs did spend as much time developing their second team it wouldn't really be a B team. (Coming from a parent with a kids on both A and B at different age groups here).
No love for 91 as they have consistently beaten us but from a recruitment standpoint they (and express) do really well. Maybe it is because they poach kids, maybe they develop their own kids, maybe the caching is decent, maybe it’s all 3 or none. Either way by the time you get to high school they have the best track record of recruiting and playing in the best tournaments.

If you don’t care about recruiting or high level recruiting my advice would be to not go to 91 or the top express team. Play for someone else, enjoy this time and after high school lax becomes a faded memory
No love for 91 as they have consistently beaten us but from a recruitment standpoint they (and express) do really well. Maybe it is because they poach kids, maybe they develop their own kids, maybe the caching is decent, maybe it’s all 3 or none. Either way by the time you get to high school they have the best track record of recruiting and playing in the best tournaments.

If you don’t care about recruiting or high level recruiting my advice would be to not go to 91 or the top express team. Play for someone else, enjoy this time and after high school lax becomes a faded memory

You’re not actually writing about recruiting 4th graders are you? Do you truly believe your kid is getting recruited by a big time school? Do you know that 7% of all HS athletes play college sports. 2% play D-1, that’s 1 out of every 57. Recruiting in 4th grade, what a clown show.
Why did Rebels drop to the B division, didn’t they beat all of those teams in the A division a few weeks ago??

You’re not actually writing about recruiting 4th graders are you? Do you truly believe your kid is getting recruited by a big time school? Do you know that 7% of all HS athletes play college sports. 2% play D-1, that’s 1 out of every 57. Recruiting in 4th grade, what a clown show.

Actually no. I said the opposite. I said go have fun and live life. But if your recruiting is your goal by the time you get to HIGH SCHOOL (not 4th grade) then these clubs have a track record. My kids just finished their recruitment the last two years and they played for teams that got beaten consistently by both 91A and B teams. So I’m not sure why you are fixated on getting recruited in 4th grade. In all honesty, lax is not a good path for recruitment at all and chances are slim to play at a high level. But as you well know there are plenty of lax parents who will stay on that train and their best bet is to hook up with a club that has a proven track record and that’s express and 91
Why did Rebels drop to the B division, didn’t they beat all of those teams in the A division a few weeks ago??

Yes, they beat those teams. No, they’re not in the B division. Tournament directors were moving teams around, looks like they ended up with one big A division and one small B division.
Jesters Black VS Archers
What’s the story with Jesters?
Could not agree more. Tons of kids quit the sport or left igloo bc of him. Wonder why igloo waited so long to do the right thing.
All these weak divisions.

Meanwhile the Annapolis Hawks play up in their elite tournament, and defeat '31 teams.

MD teams doing it right.
No body here on Island cares about your HOLD backs playing up. They are basically playing in right age then. Hawks hawks, go away do not come back another day.
No body here on Island cares about your HOLD backs playing up. They are basically playing in right age then. Hawks hawks, go away do not come back another day.

These parents are a bunch of elite donkeys! Enjoy little man
Jesters 2-0 playing Archers 2-0
Shore 2 Shore 2-0 playing Igloo 1-1

Rebels big win over 91 4-1
91 big win over igloo 4-0
Jesters Black VS Archers

Was definitely not as advertised by the Jesters bunch....
10-0 Archers- # 1 on island. Everyone else can play for 2nd place

How long before the better players go to 91 or Express?

How long before the better players go to 91 or Express?

Keep saying they and keep seeing it not happen. It’s not 2019 anymore.
rebels 33-32-31 AA tristar 9-0 / 31 A 3-0 / 30,29 AA 2-1. No one is leaving rebels. 91 and express are becoming dinosaurs
People thought Jesters could run with Rebels? Come on.
rebels 33-32-31 AA tristar 9-0 / 31 A 3-0 / 30,29 AA 2-1. No one is leaving rebels. 91 and express are becoming dinosaurs

That’s actually impressive
Rebels lost to Legacy and Igloo Columbus Day weekend so guess you are ignoring those loses
Rebels looks awesome at youth level, I think people know they are future but I’m not giving it yet
Rebels are a joke. Better players will leave. But you can keep pounding your chest while little Johnny celebrates their goals. Ride is over soon.
5 teams separated themselves as AA teams so far this fall, Rebels seem atop the group as of now, 91, Igloo, S2S and Legacy can win on any given day. Not another team on LI close to that group. You would think 91 gets better as they release kids from their top team that are better suited for their second team. Some volatility at Igloo, but still very talented. These 5 will have some great games this year.
Rebels lost to Legacy and Igloo Columbus Day weekend so guess you are ignoring those loses

Rebels lost those games because of the schedule. They lost those games because they had to stay on the field twice and play back-to-back games. They beat both of those teams that same day when they weren’t playing back to back games.

Rebels ends the fall season clearly on top in this age bracket. All the teams will be working hard this winter and we’ll see who comes out on top in the spring.
5 teams separated themselves as AA teams so far this fall, Rebels seem atop the group as of now, 91, Igloo, S2S and Legacy can win on any given day. Not another team on LI close to that group. You would think 91 gets better as they release kids from their top team that are better suited for their second team. Some volatility at Igloo, but still very talented. These 5 will have some great games this year.

91 Will get better as they add out of state kids. Igloo is in flux, could blow up.

And beat them. They went 1-1 vs both teams, and lost on the back 2 back. Each team that weekend lost on their back 2 back games, tough at that age. Rankings can always change but the top 4 are pretty clear.
rebels did lose on Back to backs against legacy and Iglioo. They also smoked them the other 2 games they played.
To me it looks like tough competition between all the top teams. Not sure if the posts claiming "all the top teams can play for 2nd place" are trolling or if the poster is legit mentally ill. Either way it's not a great look for the Rebels and I wouldn't want to share the sideline with that type of parent.

These boys are lucky they have each other to compete with one another and make each other better.
91 against Rebels have scored in Goals total in 3 games. Thats one for each coach. Guess the one holding stat book, was not very busy!
To me it looks like tough competition between all the top teams. Not sure if the posts claiming "all the top teams can play for 2nd place" are trolling or if the poster is legit mentally ill. Either way it's not a great look for the Rebels and I wouldn't want to share the sideline with that type of parent.

These boys are lucky they have each other to compete with one another and make each other better.

It’s not a rebels parent
Think as kids on the end of the rosters of those top 5 teams move, they could go to Express East, they will join MooseLax, 91b, to form the B bracket. Express will be able to pull some top kids from other teams to eventually get into try top tier.
rebels did lose on Back to backs against legacy and Iglioo. They also smoked them the other 2 games they played.

only thing worse then rebels is their parents.
always talking and every game sideline altercation

that’s ‘not where i want to give my money too

The way it begins is with losses, which will slowly come over time and that is fine. Those other teams will all build out talent and add better players. Then people start contemplating moves. I have seen happen over and over. I wish it wouldn’t, but it just does. But try to break that trend. Usually the first mistake that is made is when younger teams that are very good, really don’t add better players out of loyalty and difficulty of making cuts at this age. Plus the other teams will carry large rosters to get the best 10. I totally respect the loyalty and cutting kids, but this is a business of winning, above all else. Again, I hope I am wrong. But won’t believe otherwise until I see it happen more. 2024 Taz was one of the only exceptions that I have seen. That team held together over a long period of time.
Legacy Tax added a lot of out town kids, plenty of their kids boarded flights to get to tournaments
91 parents awfully quiet this weekend. Wonder if those parents were told to hold their tongues or their kids will be penalized. Those parents are full of verbal abuse on the sidelines.
Rebels looks awesome at youth level, I think people know they are future but I’m not giving it yet

They are definitely very fun to watch, saw several new helmets on their club. Sad they can't give their kids new helmets and already months in.
It’s a great day to Be a Outlaw!
It would have been nice if some of those teams got put in the other bracket. All the Express teams could have battled it out. Just saying keep it competitive for all.
This is 4th grade we are talking about, right? 9 year olds?
Rebels pounced yesterday, well done by those boys, hard work pays off, no club practices more and it shows.
Rebels had the best skill level of the teams last weekend, they are doing something right.
Rebels had the best skill level of the teams last weekend, they are doing something right.

Great. They got a good core and are obviously working hard. But imho, now is the time for the play in the best tournaments next summer. Not local events.

Great. They got a good core and are obviously working hard. But imho, now is the time for the play in the best tournaments next summer. Not local events.

Why? Other than little kids having fun and learning, why is now the time?

Why? Other than little kids having fun and learning, why is now the time?

Its just MD dads posting here because they are tired or Crabs playing Crabs and gas is expensive for them to drive to LI
Although Rebels look very good, don’t think 91 and Igloo that far off. Also think S2S and Legacy best HC, after that it’s a very steep drop off to the B bracket. Think 91B and Express become relevant and create another tier with those kids that are either itching for more playing time from the rosters above or from talented kids on B level rosters. This has been the trend for the past 10 years, wouldn’t expect it to change with this age. The house hold name programs will continue to dominate nationally. Strong age group, good to see. MD in for a rude awakening
Rebels are not a top 5 in this age group. Please stop. The only thing you are correct about, 91 and Express will dominate this age group for years to come.
Rebels are not a top 5 in this age group. Please stop. The only thing you are correct about, 91 and Express will dominate this age group for years to come.

Archers beat all the top teams this fall. They beat 91 3
times.

Your comment is just silly. Rebels are undeniably at the top of this age group this fall. 91 will continue to work and I’m sure they will be strong by spring. Hopefully, Express eventually can get out of the B brackets, but it’s going to take work and they’re going to have to try to attract some top kids from these other clubs. At Tri-Star all the Express teams were the low level teams, not a good look for that club.

times.

Your comment is just silly. Rebels are undeniably at the top of this age group this fall. 91 will continue to work and I’m sure they will be strong by spring. Hopefully, Express eventually can get out of the B brackets, but it’s going to take work and they’re going to have to try to attract some top kids from these other clubs. At Tri-Star all the Express teams were the low level teams, not a good look for that club.

Every comment about top teams in little kid lacrosse are pathetic and silly. The only “not good look” is adults eating and judging little boys playing a sport. It’s a sad thing. Thank God it’s anonymous, you’re laughable.
Rebels will phase out soon enough. 2 years from now their parents will be on here arguing how their kid is on 91 B and they should be in top brackets. Matter of time
Remember when the 2030 Rebels Aces were the greatest team ever assembled, willing to play anyone, anywhere? Lolol
Same story, different year
28, 29, 30. And soon enough rebels 31 and 32. Shadows and dust!
Looks like someone is pretty intimidated by the success Rebels is having. Who cares? They’re in 4th grade and are a hardworking, well-coached team. Good for them.
Nobody cares about the Rebels, thing of the past in a year or two. Best players will leave for NLF teams, matter of time. Enjoy it now
Nobody cares about the Rebels, thing of the past in a year or two. Best players will leave for NLF teams, matter of time. Enjoy it now

Nobody cares about 4th grade lacrosse period. You better all enjoy it now, statistically your kid will not be playing in HS and almost certainly not in college. So try to enjoy little boy lax.
NLF teams will absorb all talent, rest of teams will be B level

It’s 4th grade pal, relax.

Eventually, the model of adding other teams' top talent instead of developing your own will not work.

Eventually, the model of adding other teams' top talent instead of developing your own will not work.

Seems to work well for college programs

They continually take the best players without developing their own

Also, even though many parents don’t want to hear it, many kids plateau and stop developing for one reason or another. It doesn’t matter how many clinics, privates, showcases, tournaments, play days, indoor practices, box leagues, speed lax, outdoor practices etc etc. Some kids just don’t progress further.
Most high schoolers can’t shoot low to high like #10 and #24 do on Rebels. My kid isn’t on that team but those two are fun to watch 👏🏻👏🏻.
Rebels have older kids, that’s a fact.
Most high schoolers can’t shoot low to high like #10 and #24 do on Rebels. My kid isn’t on that team but those two are fun to watch 👏🏻👏🏻.

4th graders shoot better than HS players….What HS teams do you watch?
Rebels def cheat. But again who cares. Those same players won’t stick around. If there are any good players on the rebels they will leave soon enough for better development.
Rebelles are turrible. They will forever stay up north where the wins are easy, and they can shoot the same 3 fish in a barrel.

Annapolis Hawks Next Level and the rest of the MD teams would wipe the floor with them.

times.

What’s not a “good look” is an adult woman discussing little kid lacrosse like it means something other than fun. Get grip sweetheart.
Rebels are all grade and age eligible. The express 91 will take over is getting old. They are dinosaurs, no body is running to them. By the way 91 had 28 players, and I’d be surprised if 2 or 3 could make rebels. See ya all in the spring. Rebels will be practicing training 2-3 times a week all winter. What does your club do?
Rebels Aces went from top team to irrelevant the last year…I guess enjoy your last year as a “power team”
Someone drinking the Rebels cool aid- must be new to the youth lacrosse scene
Rebels are all grade and age eligible. The express 91 will take over is getting old. They are dinosaurs, no body is running to them. By the way 91 had 28 players, and I’d be surprised if 2 or 3 could make rebels. See ya all in the spring. Rebels will be practicing training 2-3 times a week all winter. What does your club do?

They just recruit better players. They play in the top events. And usually are the only LI clubs with 5 star recruits. That is what they do.
Check out the 5 stars , how many actually from LI. 91 going down Rebels going up. Get over it
There are life cycles to clubs. Just think back 10-15 years ago (or more). Some of the biggest and best clubs were LI Sting, Metro team, Team Long Island, Outlaws, FLG, Lightning and others (Most don't even exist anymore, and many here probably never even heard of them).

There will always be new teams that come along, most don't stay, but the ones that do are good for the competitive landscape of club lacrosse. Competition is good. Rebels have done a great job breaking into the market. Time will tell what happens over the coming years, but it's pretty clear who the top 5-6 clubs are on Long Island. If you ask the question in 5 years, 10 years who are the top clubs the answers will be different. If you look back to when 91 and Express started, they started by having good YOUNG teams, and they kept them together.

The interesting part about the Rebels (And the owner pointed this out to me), almost every major club on Long Island, and probably in general, started with a dad, his son(s), and a good group of kids (91 with spallinas/mules, Express with Chanenchuks and Schriebers, Igloo with Black Ice and Alexander). The Rebels have young ownership and no kids that are even old enough to play club lacrosse. You have to imagine when they do the landscape will change a bit in their favor.

This is how I would rank the current "Big 6" clubs, will be interesting to see how this changes moving forward, but to assume all good players will go to 91/express would be wrong.

High School
Tier 1: 91/Express
Tier 2: Igloo/S2S/Legacy/Rebels
Tier 3: Everyone else

Youth
Tier 1: Rebels/91
Tier 2: Legacy/Igloo
Tier 3: Express/S2S
Tier 4: Everyone else
The top clubs in the end won’t be different. And not every good player will leave the other clubs for one of those.

Why won’t the top clubs be different in the end? Proven track records of recruitment success and money.

91/Express both have proven to be successful in the recruitment to top schools. And everyone knows this, not just Long Island parents. That’s where the money part comes in. Look at the older grades of both clubs: out of state parents with means to do so are placing their kids on those clubs during the recruitment years because of the track record of success in the recruitment arena.
The top clubs in the end won’t be different. And not every good player will leave the other clubs for one of those.

Why won’t the top clubs be different in the end? Proven track records of recruitment success and money.

91/Express both have proven to be successful in the recruitment to top schools. And everyone knows this, not just Long Island parents. That’s where the money part comes in. Look at the older grades of both clubs: out-of-state parents with means to do so are placing their kids on those clubs during the recruitment years because of the track record of success in the recruitment arena.

Or is the recruitment success tied to them grabbing the out-of-state top kids, touting their commitments? If they were so good at recruiting, why dont they just keep their LI kids, why do they have to bring in out of staters?

91/Express both have proven to be successful in the recruitment to top schools. And everyone knows this, not just Long Island parents. That’s where the money part comes in. Look at the older grades of both clubs: out-of-state parents with means to do so are placing their kids on those clubs during the recruitment years because of the track record of success in the recruitment arena.

Or is the recruitment success tied to them grabbing the out-of-state top kids, touting their commitments? If they were so good at recruiting, why dont they just keep their LI kids, why do they have to bring in out of staters?

Boom Roasted
Check out the 5 stars , how many actually from LI. 91 going down Rebels going up. Get over it

I guess you haven’t seen latest IL player rankings…just dealing with facts. The best players come from the top clubs.

You realize something like 1-3% of kids will make D1 at any level? Even less will get to the top tier schools in D1. So your team of 25 kids with those odds would be lucky and defy all odds to even have 2 kids at that level. The teams in question are looking to have 10-15 of those per year. They have to go outside LI for that. Business first.
Rebels notoriously play kids up not down, unlike a lot of clubs. Rebels 2032 team has multiple 2033s, and all of their 32s are age eligible. You guys are fool. Talking about kids.
Igloo not better off without their fired coach
Hawks are cheaters!
Fogo and midfielder two grades older that’s fool!
What happened to Igloo. Lost twice at NAL and dumped into consolation lost game? That was surprising to me.
Igloo lost some good players and their coach. Not really surprising at all
Rebels didn't show up to play manhasset town team tonight. They were going to lose that game. Manhasset is stacked. Has igloos and 91 best players plus a ton of other talent.
Makes sense, isn’t the Manhasset HC the hammerhead Igloo ran out of town?
Rebels didn't show up to play manhasset town team tonight. They were going to lose that game. Manhasset is stacked. Has igloos and 91 best players plus a ton of other talent.

That game already happened in a fall tournament. Wasn’t pretty for Manhasset.
Igloo coach who was fired is not the Manhasset HC.

Rebels are a joke at every age group, go away.
Rebels beat up Igloo easily at this age…..
Not sure beating igloo is much to brag about. They are horrendous. Partly because they allowed that Hammerhead of a coach to play only his cronies. Igloo and the Rebels will become irrelevant within the next year.
Hearing north shore boys taking their talents to 91 or Express.
Not sure beating igloo is much to brag about. They are horrendous. Partly because they allowed that Hammerhead of a coach to play only his cronies. Igloo and the Rebels will become irrelevant within the next year.

It’s little kid lacrosse, there is literally nothing to brag about at all. Over half your kids will become irrelevant very shortly within this sport.
91 will continue to add the best talent, no resson to think this age group will be any different than the others. Legacy, Shore, Express, and Igloo will always be part of the AA group, after that you have a bunch of B clubs battling for those kids that don’t make the AA teams to fill out the B bracket. It may not look like this in 4th grade yet, but this is how it always plays out with rare exceptions. There are a lot of B clubs local that will be fine for most.
91 will dominate this age group. The 2-3 rebels kids that are any good will move there next year. Then the rest of the rebels fall into the B group where they belong. Cycle of LI lax life.
Hearing north shore boys taking their talents to 91 or Express.

What clubs are they leaving?
S2S and Legacy part of AA group, thanks for a good laugh
91 and Rebels have had some really close games over the last year. I am looking forward to watching them play again in the spring. 91 Valor beat a super tough BBL Black over the weekend who just a week prior won the NAL Fall Invitational beating Dukes Elite, Sweetlax Florida, and the Annapolis Hawks (Igloo Yettis were in the tournament too).
91 Valor used older kids, confirmed
Hope there is proof. Tough accusation. Going to say it’s false. Valor doesn’t need to do that.
Rebels crushed 91 and have never lost too them. Yes they used 31’s
what 91 does is permitted under age verification rules.
"Rebels crushed 91 and have never lost too them. Yes they used 31’s"

Yes they have beaten 91 but they did take them to sudden death in two of those games, one of which an argument can be made that it shouldn't have gone to sudden death.

What's with the hostility though? Rebels are a great team, no need to disparage another team of kids in order to prove that.
BBL not that great at this age. Older teams are very good.

No its not, you cannot use kids from an older grad year even if they are age eligible.
This parent is in for a rude awakening when their child is older. There are no rules. And if you think there are every club violates them. Grad year and age have no meaning in youth lax. Wild West.

No its not, you cannot use kids from an older grad year even if they are age eligible.

91 already had a roster of 28 kids with 2/3 of the team not getting on the field. If they’re really pulling down “age eligible” players from the grad year above that means even more
kids are pushed onto the sidelines. That stinks for those boys.
Didn’t happen. Fake news. Trolls
It's always the same group of kids on Valor, never had a 2031 kid jump in. If you are going to make those types of accusations you shouldn't do it from an anonymous account coward.
91 100 percent had 31's play, and they still lost. Sad but true
They def didn’t Titans were across the way playing at the same time No 31s played with Valor
91 100 percent had 31's play, and they still lost. Sad but true

Who cares? What’s it mean? They’re babies playing a game. Likely your son won’t even be playing in HS. Let them have fun.
91 cheating in 4th grade already? Don’t believe it, would be a few years ahead of schedule
91 cheating in 4th grade already? Don’t believe it, would be a few years ahead of schedule

No one cares, it’s kiddie lax
Nothing worse then Cheating. 91 should be better than that
Nothing worse then Cheating. 91 should be better than that

No one cares about baby lax. Relax mommy
Yes. 91 only played about half of their 27 kids. Kid with igloo helmet never left field. Not sure how that is fair for kids actually on the team more than a few days. 91 is a joke.

4th grade and let’s win at all costs and not care about the kids that don’t play. I get it and playing does not have to be even and people do want to win, I do. But no excuse not to get a kid a shift or two. Today’s coaches in youth sports don’t understand that confidence comes from playing time and they really can make a positive impact with little impact. And parents sacrifice so much in time and money, only to watch their kid be a good teammate. Speaking from experience, your son will be so much happier and a better player in HS, if you find a team that he plays on. Playing time, in meaningful minutes, is so critical to player development.
Good points, but who's to Blame. The Directors and coaches? I do not think so. It's the parents with Horse blinders. Why do they pay so much to watch kid not play. Travel clubs are a business, that losing hurts. Find a better fit.
Good points, but who's to Blame. The Directors and coaches? I do not think so. It's the parents with Horse blinders. Why do they pay so much to watch kid not play. Travel clubs are a business, that losing hurts. Find a better fit.

Yes, it’s the coaches position on playing time and the parents who choose to accept to situation. And their money and time, so how they want to spend is up to them. So I am not judging, just an observation.

Yes, it’s the coaches position on playing time and the parents who choose to accept to situation. And their money and time, so how they want to spend is up to them. So I am not judging, just an observation.

It’s little kid lacrosse, please stop.
Looks like heading into the spring, there is a strong AA bracket for this age group, Rebels, 91, Igloo, Shore, and Legacy will be battling it out this year, with Rebels looking the strongest (assuming their on age). A and B bracket seems blended together, 91B and Moose Lax seem to be top of that tier. Lots of other teams will make some noise in the A/B bracket, but none are close to AA.
Rebels 32!!!!
Only thing worse than rebels is rebels parents
Legacy 32 is a b team at best
Rebels 32 will fall apart soon Program is known for dismantling by 6th grade The top 2-3 players will want to play on better teams and be coached by real coaches
It’s the same story year after year, all talent consolidates to 3 teams, will be 91, Express and pick another team, likely Shore to Shore. The other teams, Igloo, Legacy, Rebels, will be solid, probably with a core of kids who are from certain towns. Rest of the teams will be glorified town teams with sub par coaching.
All the Rebels bashing is a Joke. Not only are they best 32 team, they are the best organization. The haters are just so jealous, and your kids cannot compete at that level. No one is leaving, best players will be looking to be on Archers, if they cut it.
Spoken like a true 32 parent, absolutely clueless how this all plays out. Rebels will be a skeleton of themselves in 2 years. All roads lead to the NLF and 91/Express. Reality hurts but its how it works. Have a fun season, start sending emails to 91 coaches now so your son gets some visibility.
Facts.
Legacy, Shore to Shore and Rebels have the best mix of coaching and playing opportunities at this point.
If they can keep their coaching and talent together, add other talented kids, they will compete despite the eventual build out of 91 and Express. Your going to get kids from some of these other fringe programs that have talent that will realize they need to be playing more with kids with similar talent and for programs that put them on the field in NAL, NLF, etc events. Plenty of fringe programs out there with a few talented kids.
Legacy, Shore to Shore and Rebels have the best mix of coaching and playing opportunities at this point.
If they can keep their coaching and talent together, add other talented kids, they will compete despite the eventual build out of 91 and Express. Your going to get kids from some of these other fringe programs that have talent that will realize they need to be playing more with kids with similar talent and for programs that put them on the field in NAL, NLF, etc events. Plenty of fringe programs out there with a few talented kids.

They won’t add that’s the reality- they will slowly fade to 91/express
Didn’t Rebels play a tourney in NJ this winter ?
Exactly, read any age group thread, same story year after year. 3rd - 5th some team think they have the next great team, then 91/Express take interest in 5th/6th grade then those teams get dismantled. There will be another team or two that keeps a core together and competes, remains to be seen who.
Rebels have strongest ‘32 team. Why would they dismantle to weaker teams?
Rebels parents are so thick and inexperienced at the game. Rebels will disband by 6th grade as players will leave for better teams and coaching. As you get older visibility becomes important and the Rebels have none. All roads lead to 91 and Express. Reality
Express+91=Dinosaurs. It’s a new generation, and Rebels are the go too.
You must be new to LI lax, lol.
Nothing to concern yourself with, really.
Rebels ‘32 have nothing to worry about; they’ll stay together and succeed year after year, as history has shown.
91, express, Shore to Shore, Igloo, Rebels, Legacy, doesn’t matter, every kids situation different, if you consider your kid a serious lacrosse player and he loves to play at the highest level, if your not on one of those LI teams your wasting time. Other programs simply won’t provide high level playing opportunities in top tourneys. This will become more important going into 6th grade.
Go through any ranked year of lacrosse and tell me where the Rebels are. Then go look and see where 91 and Express are. Thats why these players will move to 91 & Express. You don't have to believe it now but come back and look at this post in a year or 2.
Rebels parents can’t see the big pic. They’ll be standing on the sideline in 2 years wondering they are losing by 9 at half. Only to see their 3 student players wearing 91 gear across the way. Check back in 2.
91 that’s funny, how many Varsity coaches do they have. I know Rebels have over 20. No one, I say no one is running to 91. Parent coach head quarters. They are actually becoming a joke.
Go through any ranked year of lacrosse and tell me where the Rebels are. Then go look and see where 91 and Express are. Thats why these players will move to 91 & Express. You don't have to believe it now but come back and look at this post in a year or 2.

This is true. But what your leaving out is that almost 70 percent of the rosters (when they get older) of 91s teams are from out of state. Look at their 25 and 26 teams. Most of the roster is made up of kids who fly in for tournaments and then go home.
Goodbye 91 enjoy the fall

This is true. But what your leaving out is that almost 70 percent of the rosters (when they get older) of 91s teams are from out of state. Look at their 25 and 26 teams. Most of the roster is made up of kids who fly in for tournaments and then go home.

Now go look at where the Rebels are in those same years. It's pathetic.

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

Do you see a pattern here?? And you think that the 2032 teams will be any different? Keep your head in the sand...

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

Do you see a pattern here?? And you think that the 2032 teams will be any different? Keep your head in the sand...

I believe the club started in 2018 from what I gather so it would only make sense that the younger years would be better and older have a rough start to gather talent.

You are incorrect about the USCL "Rankins"

Rebels Black #21
LI Express Moran #27
91 Chaos #7

The Rebels 2030 is atrocious but their 31 is solid solid just not getting "rankins" yet.
91 is [Censored] like their parents on the sidelines
- Signed Rebels Mom

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

I believe the club started in 2018 from what I gather so it would only make sense that the younger years would be better and older have a rough start to gather talent.

You are incorrect about the USCL "Rankins"

Rebels Black #21
LI Express Moran #27
91 Chaos #7

The Rebels 2030 is atrocious but their 31 is solid solid just not getting "rankins" yet.

Not sure why you're putting quotes like you're quoting a word but these are all end of a full season rankings (2023). Not just the partial fall rankings. Keep watching the rankings as the season moves along. You will be educated. Don't just take my work for it.
"91 is [Censored] like their parents on the sidelines"
- Signed Rebels Mom

Is this really something you think is OK to write on a 4th grade lacrosse forum? People new to the sport come here for advice.

You're doing a great job turning any sane parents away from joining your club though!
Sweetlax Upstate
Sweetlax Upstate
Just stepping here here to say that it's SO obvious where the director/owner of Rebels lacrosse comes here to comment & try to defend his product.
The LI Rebels owner has a history of commenting on this website. It is very well known through the past 6 or 7 years that they've been around. He's trying to defend his product.

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

First, Rebels 2029 is #20, better than Express.

Second, Rebels started in 2018, so all those teams were built from scraps of others, pretty impressive. Even more impressive when you look at the number of D1 commits from kids from Long Island, compared to other clubs. Most other teams have multiple out-of-state kids and don't develop.

Third, all Rebels teams that they have built from scratch (2029 and down) are all top 10-20 teams in the country, with the exception of 2030 which I am sure they will fix.

You can detest all you want, but the club has been around for 5 years and is in conversations with top dogs around for 15+. Things change over time, will see where it goes. But they have great coaches and great people involved.

(And no this is not the owner lol)
These poor Rebel parents, they just dont get it. One would write another long winded note about the future of their child, but it’s just not worth it. Rebels are an inferior program in relation to Express and 91. Things aren’t changing, the Rebels will never be part of the NLF and therefore never be able to keep talent. Come back in 2-3 years and tell us we were right.
Do you have to be in the NLF to be a high recruit? If you’re talented, they will find you.
There are clubs for all who want to play more. At this age, it is the parents who have to find the right fit. Before choosing a "top" club, they should first begin by having their child dominate their position on whatever team, including rec. Then they can move up if they desire, but always fitting in at that level. Starting or pushing a kid that is not ready yet to a "top" club hurts playing time and all child lax development. Don't do it parents.
These poor Rebel parents, they just dont get it. One would write another long winded note about the future of their child, but it’s just not worth it. Rebels are an inferior program in relation to Express and 91. Things aren’t changing, the Rebels will never be part of the NLF and therefore never be able to keep talent. Come back in 2-3 years and tell us we were right.

Fast forward 3 years.. 2029... how are rebels ranked ahead of Express?
If the Rebels qualify for the WS this year then all the haters can shut it. If not, then Rebel parents will just keep on hitting the annoying button.
Rebels want nothing to do with NLF
igloo starting to fall apart
lots of kid leaving , big separation between the team
I personally don't care about the NLF, it's not a factor for me, especially at this age.

I like my son's coaches, teammates, other parents, and his overall experience with his club, I want him to enjoy the sport and have fun. If he ever wanted to join another team (don't think he would), I would respect his decision because it's his journey, not mine.

I would however throw up in my mouth if he said he wanted to join the Rebels.

Right. Who would ever want to play against the top teams in the country...

Nowadays there are plenty of tournaments with the same or even better competition. I actually think the NAL is better tournament

Nowadays there are plenty of tournaments with the same or even better competition. I actually think the NAL is better tournament

Name a few of these tournaments that has better competition than the ones that THE TOP TEAMS are playing in. NAL is great also, you're right with that one. After NAL you would be hard pressed to find better tournaments than NLF.
NFL should want Rebels more than they do. 91 and express, would lose players as Rebels are much better at younger ages.
where did they leave too

Name a few of these tournaments that has better competition than the ones that THE TOP TEAMS are playing in. NAL is great also, you're right with that one. After NAL you would be hard pressed to find better tournaments than NLF.

Naptown also is better. I can keep going you want. NLF basically throws one good event. The championship in July. The fall event and the kickoff event are both poorly attended with some questionable teams. If you want to find and play some of the best teams there are plenty of events to choose from.

Naptown also is better. I can keep going you want. NLF basically throws one good event. The championship in July. The fall event and the kickoff event are both poorly attended with some questionable teams. If you want to find and play some of the best teams there are plenty of events to choose from.

Yes, keep going. 91 & Express both attend Naptown.
Just came across a telling statistic in USA Lacrosse Magazine.

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Haters gonna detest, but the numbers don’t lie.

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Exactly. The owner of the Rebels will be on here shortly to dispute this information though.

70%

Go to the nlf rankings thread. It’s all broken down. That statistic might have been true in first 30 days but by the time all the rest of the schools (not the top tier) started getting commits it is not true. After 500+ commits, it’s not 70% from any one group.
How many of those commits on the NLF clubs are holdbacks? I bet a lot!
98% are holdbacks... and there is nothing wrong with that, get over it.

70%

Go to the nlf rankings thread. It’s all broken down. That statistic might have been true in first 30 days but by the time all the rest of the schools (not the top tier) started getting commits it is not true. After 500+ commits, it’s not 70% from any one group.

*Rebels owner MB has entered the chat again*
How many of those commits on the NLF clubs are holdbacks? I bet a lot!

At the point of commitment it doesn’t matter. No one cares about age at that point. And some will commit and be asked to do a pg year.
91 in for a big coaching shakeup, Igloo boys moving in. [Censored] for the loyal families.
98% are holdbacks... and there is nothing wrong with that, get over it.

A stat that you pulled from your rear end. Definitely not true.
Nothing like adding kids after tryouts ….love the loyalty
This will get very interesting
Lots of loyalty ….
Adding kids after tryouts
no kids are moving mid season, after this season kids will start to settle in to teams for long term

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

First, Rebels 2029 is #20, better than Express.

Second, Rebels started in 2018, so all those teams were built from scraps of others, pretty impressive. Even more impressive when you look at the number of D1 commits from kids from Long Island, compared to other clubs. Most other teams have multiple out-of-state kids and don't develop.

Third, all Rebels teams that they have built from scratch (2029 and down) are all top 10-20 teams in the country, with the exception of 2030 which I am sure they will fix.

You can detest all you want, but the club has been around for 5 years and is in conversations with top dogs around for 15+. Things change over time, will see where it goes. But they have great coaches and great people involved.

(And no this is not the owner lol)

So all the teams they have from 2029 down are top 10-20 teams, except 2030. Wouldn't you also exclude 2031, 2032 and 2033 considering there aren't any national rankings for those teams? Is it safe to say we could shorten that up by just having 2029 on the list of top teams?
Covering the above - First most commits are holdbacks 2025 ND class has 3 of 12 who aren’t holdbacks or on age.

Second, mid season moves should never happen A governing body for this sport needs to step in. Fair play and sportsmanship within this sport have been stepped on. Kids are losing
Anytime you’re paying very high tuition and not getting what you were promised or paid for, mid-year moves expected, which is the case with Igloo.
It’s a business of youth lacrosse, these clubs need to be held accountable. Several clubs out there on a power trip charging high fees and offering very little.
Anytime you’re paying very high tuition and not getting what you were promised or paid for, mid-year moves expected, which is the case with Igloo.
It’s a business of youth lacrosse, these clubs need to be held accountable. Several clubs out there on a power trip charging high fees and offering very little.

If you have older kids you know also that these programs offer the opportunity to play in games against very good opponents and that’s basically it. There is little to no development of players. Dads could start a Long Island league and bring these kids down to play each-other regularly with a Dad coach practice once a week and many would find little to no development drop. These kids should practice more and travel less and you should be getting real development of players in practice but it’s not happening on a grand scale here.Travel ball takes kids on trips to places like Maryland and Delaware to play before they can even pass, catch or shoot with their non dominant hand. Makes no sense.
Plenty of tourney options on LI, no reason in 4th grade to go down to DMV. The business of youth lacrosse is at its all time high, team owners raking it in and providing nothing in return. No issue with kids moving to a new team if not getting what their high tuition was supposed to cover. It doesn’t happen enough so team owners don’t need to be accountable
Covering the above - First most commits are holdbacks 2025 ND class has 3 of 12 who aren’t holdbacks or on age.

Second, mid season moves should never happen A governing body for this sport needs to step in. Fair play and sportsmanship within this sport have been stepped on. Kids are losing

I think you missed these posts they made:

"no kids are moving mid season, after this season kids will start to settle in to teams for long term"

&

"Lots of loyalty ….
Adding kids after tryouts"
What are the top tourneys for this age?
None Just for fun
Several competitive tournaments, look for the ones where the areas top teams are attending (Rebels, Shore2Shore, Legacy, Igloo, 91), a few would be NAL, TriStar, NLF, Summer Showdown. Most others are B level tournaments.
Will be an active summer for 2032s, Igloo going to look different, will still be very good, Express will add enough to compete, 91 will shed bottom half for improved players and be among the best, Shore to Shore will get much needed depth, Rebels should retain their talent and have a formidable second team. Many rumors of pockets of kids moving to different places.
91 will improve significantly this offseason. 91 is always cream of the crop, not sure why this age would be any different. They have a machine that works across the board, parents of talented kids know that.
Where are these kids coming from ????
Likely from Igloo. 91 already poached some talent from igloo last year. After debacle at Igloo this year sure 91 will take more.
All high level talent will consolidate to 3 or 4 teams, its always this way all ages. S2S will get some new kids too, recruiting in full swing.
91 will
Have a 32 kid roster bc people will stay there To play 2 mins in a game and win

Totally a waste.
91 produces high level D1 talent year after year, winning is part of it, but your not going to find a team with higher exposure than 91.
You can look at any year all the way through 2023. It really does come down to 2 top teams from LI. 91 and Express. S2S Legacy, Igloo have competed but nowhere near t he exposure and success that 91 and Express have had. The better kids will leave for those teams when they see the success that those teams are having and their team isn't beating them.
People are going to detest the above but it’s 100% the truth
You can look at any year all the way through 2023. It really does come down to 2 top teams from LI. 91 and Express. S2S Legacy, Igloo have competed but nowhere near t he exposure and success that 91 and Express have had. The better kids will leave for those teams when they see the success that those teams are having and their team isn't beating them.

Maybe. But it hasn’t happened yet at this level or 2031. Keep in mind that both of those current organizations recruit a ton of out of state players as they get older. Their model has changed. So while they may have a ton of D1 commits sometimes half of their rosters are from North Carolina, Florida etc. I agree that no one comes close to them but they will now have a ton of kids just fly up for tournaments as you get older. I had a good friends who was with 91 from 2nd grade on. In 9th grade he lost all his playing time to a kid from Florida who flew up for tourneys. As a result I think some people may be a little nervous to make the switch to the top 2.
91 just cares about winning that’s it …..
bring kids down to play or fly kids in
or don’t sub kids in

if it was such a good program kid from the B teams should move up it never happens
they don’t develop them , they just get more develop kids show up
All good things come to an end. Express will survive, 91 is going down.
Give your money to the clubs that prioritize developing their current players. The teams that fly in kids from out of state over kids that are on their rosters and pay tuition should be out of business. We aren’t here to work for the clubs, the clubs work for us. We pay them, so if they aren’t loyal to their own players they shouldn’t have players anymore.You vote with your feet. How quickly they will change if people flee the Big 2 teams.
Give your money to the clubs that prioritize developing their current players. The teams that fly in kids from out of state over kids that are on their rosters and pay tuition should be out of business. We aren’t here to work for the clubs, the clubs work for us. We pay them, so if they aren’t loyal to their own players they shouldn’t have players anymore.You vote with your feet. How quickly they will change if people flee the Big 2 teams.

It won’t change.

NLF clubs all have the same model. They don’t need your kid or the next kid etc. they’re going to have the best kids in the end.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/inside-lacrosse-class-of-2025-top-50-junior-rankings/62034

At the time of publish, 38 of the top 50 ranked juniors play for NLF clubs. Take a look at the list. Only 2 LI teams represented in that group.

Rinse repeat. It’s not changing.

And most clubs are not “developing kids”. Impossible to do with your twice a week hour and a half practice. The kids who “develop” are the ones putting in all the extra work outside of practice.
The truth hurts but this guy nailed it, comes down to 2 clubs.
And one of them is not 91 anymore

It won’t change.

NLF clubs all have the same model. They don’t need your kid or the next kid etc. they’re going to have the best kids in the end.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/inside-lacrosse-class-of-2025-top-50-junior-rankings/62034

At the time of publish, 38 of the top 50 ranked juniors play for NLF clubs. Take a look at the list. Only 2 LI teams represented in that group.

Rinse repeat. It’s not changing.

And most clubs are not “developing kids”. Impossible to do with your twice a week hour and a half practice. The kids who “develop” are the ones putting in all the extra work outside of practice.

College coaches don’t care if you play in the NLF or not. All they care about is how good of a lacrosse player you are and the needs they need to fill inn their recruiting class. Thats it.
Of course it’s 91, give it time. Coaching will change, talent will arrive, same story every age
If your kid is a talented lacrosse player, then I would think you want the best competition for him so that he further develops. That’s why NLF teams and events are important, for many other kids, a non-NLF team may make sense. Plenty of teams out there playing in second rate tournaments, those kids will be far behind when they go against higher level talent on the field.
Clippers down in Maryland are solid, I think all LI teams will have issues against those teams down there as well as some NJ teams.
Clippers down in Maryland are solid, I think all LI teams will have issues against those teams down there as well as some NJ teams.

Cool story. It's not a National Championship bud.
Maryland has some strong teams, Clippers in that group, think the top few Long Island teams would do well.
If your kid is a talented lacrosse player, then I would think you want the best competition for him so that he further develops. That’s why NLF teams and events are important, for many other kids, a non-NLF team may make sense. Plenty of teams out there playing in second rate tournaments, those kids will be far behind when they go against higher level talent on the field.

This just simply the case any more. The nlf holds basically 3 events. The fall event and kickoff event are both poorly attended. The nlf championship is the only good event. So the “NLF gives you more exposure “ is just not true anymore. I would argue that NAL and Naptown are actually better events with a ton of college coaches and exposure.
NAL, NLF, Naptown, all great events, top teams and players should be exposed.
NLF is nothing anymore-91 is nothing anymore.
NLF and 91 is where you want to be, sorry your son is not good enough
91 has a large roster, they will weed out the B level players this summer, those kids will end up filling out the rosters of second tier clubs or the second 91 team.
91 has enough kids for two AA teams
Check back here in a few years when you realize this 91/Express talk was correct.
Young group, they will get it eventually. Inexperienced parents will see the light around 6th grade
Travel lacrosse at the ages that matter on Long Island runs through 91, everyone knows this
Travel lacrosse at the ages that matter on Long Island runs through 91, everyone knows this

And Express.

The transitions are happening a little later now though. Alot of people sticking closer to home for practices etc for convenience. Movement more around time when it sets up for the recruiting years. And express and 91 are relying on more outside talent and reclasses. Only way they can keep up with the other top nlf teams who all do the same. Best kids on some of the other local teams arent needed any more because the outside talent is better.
I think 91 parents are delusional , it’s ok to take your solar eclipse glasses off. See the youth lacrosse on Island like it is. Your Name means absolutely nothing anymore.

91 can't even fill one AA in this age group. They constantly lose and lose badly to Rebels.
Some 91 haters that had kids either cut or were run out of 91 because their parents are clowns. Parents that don’t think 91 will be top 3 on the Island from 5th through recruiting ages are delusional. Rebels solid but will have to contend with kids leaving for other clubs every year.
More kids have gone to Rebels from 91-express last couple years at multiple ages, then visa-versa. Fact
Rebels are like me in high school.... sloppy seconds
If the kid left 91, then likely they weren’t wanted for one reason or the other, likely the parent.
Nobody good leaves 91 for the rebels
Why does Spallina kid play for Rebels and not 91? I thought Spallinas run 91....
Why does Spallina kid play for Rebels and not 91? I thought Spallinas run 91....

Should tell you something about how 91 runs things

91 can't even fill one AA in this age group. They constantly lose and lose badly to Rebels.

Lose badly? Didn't they go to overtime in two games against the Rebels? Why do you feel the need to talk badly and disparage a group of 9 year old kids, does it make you feel good about yourself?

Rebels 32' are a really good team, they have had some good games with the 32' 91 team, both are lucky to have solid local competition.
32 only good division at spring lax jam and only 3 teams
All 3 teams playing today are legit. Some good early spring run against each other. Legacy was in tournament, but dropped out. Would have been good to see them too. Those 4 + igloo make up the consistent A teams on LI.
S2S 4 Team 91 4
Team 91 2 Rebels 8
S2S 2 Rebels 7

Who wins the champ, hard to beat a good team twice
S2S and Rebels AA- 91 B plus at best
Suffolk County with Rebels and Nassau County with S2S- Long Island has strong 2032 players. This will be fun season to watch and follow
Suffolk County with Rebels and Nassau County with S2S- Long Island has strong 2032 players. This will be fun season to watch and follow
From today rebels were the best. S2S 2nd since they made a nice comeback after being down 4-0 in champ, time ran out on them. 91 got handled pretty easily by rebels, don’t imagine that being that lopsided going forward
91 on the rise next season, a game changing group of kids coming over.
91 can’t develop. Will bring in new kids! What they really need is a real coach. The other teams got far better then them over the winter.
91 on the rise next season, a game changing group of kids coming over.

Thanks, P. We all know who is trying to get Igloo kids to go over to 91 and the manhasset crew. Amazing how these "Top" teams need to recruit players from other teams and if they cant, go out of state. And this is the teams your spending money to "develop" and teach your kids life lessons.
I don’t believe a team would bring the fired Igloo coach into their program, certainly not 91
Classy , 91 talking about who the will bring in. Basically with season just starting. Parents on current team, might want to think about leaving. Go somewhere that your kid can develop, not having organization looking to replace him.
Overblown, with the exception of 1 or two, the Igloo Manhassett crew is not making a team better.
All it takes is 1-2 to change a team. Igloo fired coach working hard to become part of 91.
who you like at the spring jam tourney on 5/11?
Not Igloo
Rebels easily, with Shore competing. 91 a few players away from the top of the Long Island AA bracket.
BBL National will win it
These poor parents don’t understand how it works, tracking wins in 4th grade of teams that will be second tier in a few years, saddle up, the 91 machine is loading. Going to hit the Rebel parents hard, going to need to pack more Colt 45s for tourneys. All know what happens on the LI lax scene.
Yeah Rebel kids will run to a team they dominate. 91 run is over, face it.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum