Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts398,023
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is SO entertaining...love stories, kiss and make up, Venom/Express haters, Surge moms...this board has it all.
In the end, re-classes will do their thing, but those who don't and play at the correct age will know that they can (or can't) complete against high level kids at their age. or can they, but the ones they struggle against are re-classes from 27? Would love to see more concrete rules/policies in place, but it clearly doesn't matter enough.

To summarize from my previous post about showcases...is it the summer/fall of 10th grade that you start looking into these? Do the kids apply for it themselves, or do coaches nominate?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about some props for the 8th grader playing Varsity! Must be a student or on steroids... lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Probably from like North Carolina or somewhere like that! Can anyone give a recent example of a grade 8 playing varsity at school of note in Maryland, dc, Philly, NJ, NY, CT, MA. I would use the word unheard of but maybe somewhere a goalie has played in grade 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t the kids now in 9th. Why are we still under 8th and why are peope still referencing 8th graders.
That is soooo last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love how people think they know who is writing some of these messages. So if you are wrong, everybody just focused on some guy named John that has a kid With the letter T, For no reason. If you are right, still unnecessary to call out someone especially because you could be wrong.

Not a fan of holdbacks either but Bring on tournaments to change the topic.

So surge is no longer surge? They are now triton?
Rebels Black is now Rebels chrome.
Any other team name changes?
John and little Johnnie, aka Joe Blogs.
My favorite post is the guy that tried to make a point by saying, I would rather my kid be like. Thats simply sad. My kid is a reclass and I am proud of him as a kid and not looking for him to be like anyone else.
Put an asterisk next to his name and his great school and education,. He has his bday on IL. Let your freak flag fly. I give a flying F about you fools calling us cheaters. It was all about the coaches calling on 9/1…..appropriate that the captcha phrase for this post has blank in caps in the middle of it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is reclassing in school but playing on your correct age club team ok? Is that cheating? Asking for a friend!
Well none of it is cheating. Thats just what losers that can’t do it call it. I am so proud of my reclass son. His growth on and off the field has been amazing. He is graduating a top Prep school and going ACC with a partial ride. Didn’t break a single rule but if you need to call him cheater have at it. We will sleep well either way and I promise you he is a good person so when you’re son is working for him rest assuraed your son is working for a mature go gettter that worked his tail off. #cheaterdad #aheadofyou
And to answer your question, complaining about age difference in HS is such a lost mentality.

Reclassed his kid for a 1/4 scholarship. Congrats you and your kid sold your souls for a 1/4 scholarship that any good student could get. No one will give him credit for athletic accomplishments he achieved by cheating. How do you say with a straight face what a hard working, go getter your kid is when he just reclassed? Laughable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how people think they know who is writing some of these messages. So if you are wrong, everybody just focused on some guy named John that has a kid With the letter T, For no reason. If you are right, still unnecessary to call out someone especially because you could be wrong.

Not a fan of holdbacks either but Bring on tournaments to change the topic.

So surge is no longer surge? They are now triton?
Rebels Black is now Rebels chrome.
Any other team name changes?

Surge is now Triton. Rebels Chrome is name of the team, if they still have a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Probably from like North Carolina or somewhere like that! Can anyone give a recent example of a grade 8 playing varsity at school of note in Maryland, dc, Philly, NJ, NY, CT, MA. I would use the word unheard of but maybe somewhere a goalie has played in grade 8.

And there you have it. The post that sums up the absolute ignorance aka lack of knowledge that inundates this place. You, and the rest of the people calling BS on an actual 8th grader NOT holding back and playing varsity as an 8th grader shows just how little you know. These aren’t sideline pull ups for playoffs either.

Garden city
Swr
EI
WI
Harborfields
BPBP
Wantagh
ESM
I have zero urge to look up the couple I know I forgot. And even less urge to research the few that I never knew about.

All had 8th graders playing varsity in the last 2 years. Not sitting on sidelines. Not just participating in practices. Actually playing. And despite the persons opinion that posted on here a few posts back, none of them took steroids.
You’ll probably reply that these aren’t schools of note. Very typical. The fact is the two best high school teams on Long Island are the two main Catholics by a mile. No 8th grader is going to play on those two teams. Of the teams I mentioned, a few were in playoffs. And a few made it pretty far. You’re clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 loves stealing express players. Express doesn’t need them still gonna beat 91, again.

Question is why do express players love to leave for 91??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 loves stealing express players. Express doesn’t need them still gonna beat 91, again.

Question is why do express players love to leave for 91??

Free tuition

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do express players leave? because CoachC is a word that will get switched to Chillaxin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, but dads who sign off with hashtags should be blocked...put down the popped collar, lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now back to some lacrosse talk. Express North came out to the island and had a combine practice/scrimmage vs Express LI. Both teams played hard and got better, this is what lax is all about. Letting kids play a sport and have fun. All this other non sense is fool!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448620 Yesterday at 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now back to some lacrosse talk. Express North came out to the island and had a combine practice/scrimmage vs Express LI. Both teams played hard and got better, this is what lax is all about. Letting kids play a sport and have fun. All this other non sense is fool!

Express send out an email before to let the players know who gets to play in the scrimmage?

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #448621 Yesterday at 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking the same thing

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #448642 Yesterday at 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lipstick on a pig

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448650 Yesterday at 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there you have it. The post that sums up the absolute ignorance aka lack of knowledge that inundates this place. You, and the rest of the people calling BS on an actual 8th grader NOT holding back and playing varsity as an 8th grader shows just how little you know. These aren’t sideline pull ups for playoffs either.

Garden city
Swr
EI
WI
Harborfields
BPBP
Wantagh
ESM
I have zero urge to look up the couple I know I forgot. And even less urge to research the few that I never knew about.

All had 8th graders playing varsity in the last 2 years. Not sitting on sidelines. Not just participating in practices. Actually playing. And despite the persons opinion that posted on here a few posts back, none of them took steroids.
You’ll probably reply that these aren’t schools of note. Very typical. The fact is the two best high school teams on Long Island are the two main Catholics by a mile. No 8th grader is going to play on those two teams. Of the teams I mentioned, a few were in playoffs. And a few made it pretty far. You’re clueless.

Those teams were pretty bad and you can lose almost all your games and you still make playoffs lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448660 21 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden city
Swr
EI
WI
Harborfields
BPBP
Wantagh
ESM

Those teams were pretty bad and you can lose almost all your games and you still make playoffs lol

Ok clown. Compared to who?
Name 5 teams on Long Island better than BPBP, wantagh, east islip, and garden city.
fool

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448663 12 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden city
Swr
EI
WI
Harborfields
BPBP
Wantagh
ESM

Name 5 teams on Long Island better than BPBP, wantagh, east islip, and garden city.
fool

Public school Dad is mad but it’s true you don’t need to be that great to start at most public schools as an underclassman or for your team to make the playoffs. Many teams are not good so better teams can easily beat most of their competition. Many of the teams listed above didn’t even have great records last year playing subpar competition. It is not the Catholic League.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448667 11 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden city
Swr
EI
WI
Harborfields
BPBP
Wantagh
ESM

fool

For the 2024 season I’ll take SS over all of them.

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #448671 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the top freshman commits to the top ten D1 schools. I think you will see most are holdbacks at some point!? Extra year or two of development does give those guys an edge. Especially starting in middle school or younger as a holdback. It’s an elitist sport
And favors those that can play the extra year(s) of development card! They get recruited and the college coaches could care less about it and just want to win!

I don’t like it, but it is facts in this sport. Others too, like hockey. Biggest problem for me is it’s not fair to those who can’t afford to play by those rules and get extra years! It favors the deep pockets and it gives those kids extra advantages in the sport. Life is a different story! We are talking about recruiting and playing lacrosse at a top D1 program.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard