Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts398,023
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so what do you have to say to the holdback families of the #1pole (express) 2026 going to UVA and the #1 middie going to Notre Dame (also playing football) from Florida??? guess that was a wise decision!!!!!

Yup. Shows that cheating really works. I would rather have my kid be like Kidran Walsh and James Gillis. Both on age and committed to top tier universities.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbs down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of them develop talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 loves stealing express players. Express doesn’t need them still gonna beat 91, again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what do you have to say to the holdback families of the #1pole (express) 2026 going to UVA and the #1 middie going to Notre Dame (also playing football) from Florida??? guess that was a wise decision!!!!!

Yup. Shows that cheating really works. I would rather have my kid be like Kidran Walsh and James Gillis. Both on age and committed to top tier universities.

Define “cheating” so that (1) what they did was “cheating”, and also (2) that what you wrote wasn’t “notIntelligent”.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Define “cheating” so that (1) what they did was “cheating”, and also (2) that what you wrote wasn’t “notIntelligent”.

“To act in a way that is dishonest, or to make someone believe something that is not true in order to get something for yourself”
Google my friend.
I’ll translate and paraphrase because you’re slow.
To play down in age to make people believe you are better than you actually are in order to gain recognition and attention of college coaches.
Sorry you’re incapable of recognizing the amount of disgust the vast majority of people in the lacrosse world feel about people like you and your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheating and gaming system are two different things. As is being moral or not being moral.
Gaming and not being moral are fine as long as your outcome is what you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a boring argument. It’s creating an opportunity to go to a better school. Nobody’s business. “Cheating” “taking spot away” it’s all been said before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it. You are ok with cheating, play loose with your morals. You are in the minority here though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbs down

This again......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minority? It sounds like the same person beating the same drum over and over. Nobody cares about reclass, cheaters, holdbacks, except you. Get a life

The majority of the lax community encourages the reclass idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minority? It sounds like the same person beating the same drum over and over. Nobody cares about reclass, cheaters, holdbacks, except you. Get a life

I don't think this last statement is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry you’re incapable of recognizing the amount of disgust the vast majority of people in the lacrosse world feel about people like you and your son.

This is absolutely the same guy speaking down and trying to belittle everyone. Pages and pages spouting off about holdbacks. Yawn.

Noone is listening - go back to your union job and miserable wife. Hopefully your 2nd year Varsity player gets in as a 9th grader this year. The only thing that means is your HS team is terrible too, just like your life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you consider Manhasset as the “majority of the lax community” then you might be right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t encourage reclassing, why would I, my kids on age. But I also don’t care what other people do. My kid played on varsity in 8th grade. That’s a 5 year difference in some cases. It doesn’t matter anymore they are in HS.

Lacrosse is like reading - everyone catches up and if your kid is good, really good than a reclass kid shouldnt affect him. If people are comfortable with their reclass kid always having an asterisk next to their accolades than let them. That’s their cross to bear.

Just work hard and enjoy this time. Getting caught up in everyone else’s journey does you no good.

Can we please go back to talking about the rebels gloves and the turtles tent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 100% not true that people don't care. Most people think you're ridiculous and pathetic -- and feel badly for your son.

Enjoy that full right to Plattsburgh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a boring argument. It’s creating an opportunity to go to a better school. Nobody’s business. “Cheating” “taking spot away” it’s all been said before.

How’s 8th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

It works. Make sure in two years you lead the blame on some 2027 that reclassed. Because they stole rosters spots. Which is completely not true because there is tons of opportunities to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is reclassing in school but playing on your correct age club team ok? Is that cheating? Asking for a friend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is reclassing in school but playing on your correct age club team ok? Is that cheating? Asking for a friend!
Well none of it is cheating. Thats just what losers that can’t do it call it. I am so proud of my reclass son. His growth on and off the field has been amazing. He is graduating a top Prep school and going ACC with a partial ride. Didn’t break a single rule but if you need to call him cheater have at it. We will sleep well either way and I promise you he is a good person so when you’re son is working for him rest assuraed your son is working for a mature go gettter that worked his tail off. #cheaterdad #aheadofyou
And to answer your question, complaining about age difference in HS is such a lost mentality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely the same guy speaking down and trying to belittle everyone. Pages and pages spouting off about holdbacks. Yawn.

Noone is listening - go back to your union job and miserable wife. Hopefully your 2nd year Varsity player gets in as a 9th grader this year. The only thing that means is your HS team is terrible too, just like your life.

Noone is not a word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

It works. Make sure in two years you lead the blame on some 2027 that reclassed. Because they stole rosters spots. Which is completely not true because there is tons of opportunities to play in college.

The holdback / reclass phenomenon just exposes the whole sport for what it is: a back door entrance into elite universities for kids who would otherwise have no shot. A 17 year old scored a 75 yard TD for Alabama in a prime time game on the biggest stage. Meanwhile, there’s a 17 year old running around with a bunch of 15 year olds on a lax field somewhere cosplaying as an elite athlete.

I’m only surprised the college coaches haven’t seen through it yet but just give it some time and the smart ones will. Just like they ended the 8th grade recruiting nonsense bc teams like Hopkins missed on entire recruiting classes, some coach is going to figure out that the reason the high school junior he recruited is just an avg player by the time they make it to campus is bc the kid was just older and had completed puberty before his competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

The holdback / reclass phenomenon just exposes the whole sport for what it is: a back door entrance into elite universities for kids who would otherwise have no shot. A 17 year old scored a 75 yard TD for Alabama in a prime time game on the biggest stage. Meanwhile, there’s a 17 year old running around with a bunch of 15 year olds on a lax field somewhere cosplaying as an elite athlete.

I’m only surprised the college coaches haven’t seen through it yet but just give it some time and the smart ones will. Just like they ended the 8th grade recruiting nonsense bc teams like Hopkins missed on entire recruiting classes, some coach is going to figure out that the reason the high school junior he recruited is just an avg player by the time they make it to campus is bc the kid was just older and had completed puberty before his competition.

Truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

I don’t get why you keep coming on here with these long winded post over and over. Your kid is a top 5% player with varsity experience, right ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back is like success, it is a peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming

John Wooden

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has been going on in hockey forever. Many kids Post Grad at Prep school or spend a few years in the USHL. It's quite common for freshman playing college hockey to be 20 years old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How’s 8th grade?

I don’t get why you keep coming on here with these long winded post over and over. Your kid is a top 5% player with varsity experience, right ?

Sorry, this wasn’t me. The other 10 recent posts on various forums on this site with the same message weren’t me either. I have been too busy with my union job and my miserable wife to come on here lately. But you surely made my Sunday night. Never would have thought I would be living rent free in someone’s head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has been going on in hockey forever. Many kids Post Grad at Prep school or spend a few years in the USHL. It's quite common for freshman playing college hockey to be 20 years old

A 20 year old freshman, what a farce!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JOHN, just stop. You reclassed your kid because he is too small to stand out against the bigger kids. T used to dominate but everyone caught up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Minority? It sounds like the same person beating the same drum over and over. Nobody cares about reclass, cheaters, holdbacks, except you. Get a life

I don’t encourage reclassing, why would I, my kids on age. But I also don’t care what other people do. My kid played on varsity in 8th grade. That’s a 5 year difference in some cases. It doesn’t matter anymore they are in HS.

Lacrosse is like reading - everyone catches up and if your kid is good, really good than a reclass kid shouldnt affect him. If people are comfortable with their reclass kid always having an asterisk next to their accolades than let them. That’s their cross to bear.

Just work hard and enjoy this time. Getting caught up in everyone else’s journey does you no good.

Can we please go back to talking about the rebels gloves and the turtles ten
Holding back is like success, it is a peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming

John Wooden

Sounds like a Kamala word salad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JOHN, just stop. You reclassed your kid because he is too small to stand out against the bigger kids. T used to dominate but everyone caught up

John has a child with a first name that starts w a "T". I am assuming "T" is on the smaller side but A good player. Smaller players can excel at any level. D 1 schools are full of small/average height players. The whole reclass thing is legal and those who do it are doing nothing wrong. What is next if this does not work out as planned? Possibly a roster spot for the Yellow Jackets or Top Guns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noone is not a word.

How about NOBODY? NOBODY cares about you, your jealousy of holdbacks, or your small 9th grade Varsity fill-in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s keep this classy San Diego. Rules are simple, no names and never call out kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. 8th grader who's son is playing varsity at a public school (wow) and doesn't care what other people do. Well it is apparent that you are so angry and maybe questioning whether your son should reclass that you made a statement that reclasses should wear an asterisk tag next to their names.... I didn't see any asterisks next to all the boarding school 2026 commits so far -Did you? and the majority of commits to top programs are boarding school player/students. . Maybe you should start a new thread reaching out to them and see how that goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noone is not a word.

How about NOBODY? NOBODY cares about you, your jealousy of holdbacks, or your small 9th grade Varsity fill-in.

Much better.

Rent free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This place has reached new lows. Let’s recap.
1. Someone who held back their child is obsessed with someone who had a back and forth with someone else in which they went over the phenomenon that has becoming more common here on Long Island.
2. Someone else is low enough to call people out by “name”.
3. Someone else (perhaps the same as person in number 2) is obsessed with Manhasset.
4. Someone else is replying without quoting which confuses people. This is definitely the same person as number 1 above.
5. Someone tries to throw in a little humor about the rebels gloves situation. Appreciate the change of pace and please keep it up.
6. Someone continues to read every single word on here but pretends to be over it by saying “too long didn’t read”. We all know you read every last word so stop pretending.
7. There are venom and express parents here who care more about the other team than their children do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This place has reached new lows. Let’s recap.
1. Someone who held back their child is obsessed with someone who had a back and forth with someone else in which they went over the phenomenon that has becoming more common here on Long Island.
2. Someone else is low enough to call people out by “name”.
3. Someone else (perhaps the same as person in number 2) is obsessed with Manhasset.
4. Someone else is replying without quoting which confuses people. This is definitely the same person as number 1 above.
5. Someone tries to throw in a little humor about the rebels gloves situation. Appreciate the change of pace and please keep it up.
6. Someone continues to read every single word on here but pretends to be over it by saying “too long didn’t read”. We all know you read every last word so stop pretending.
7. There are venom and express parents here who care more about the other team than their children do.

Too long, didn’t read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how people think they know who is writing some of these messages. So if you are wrong, everybody just focused on some guy named John that has a kid With the letter T, For no reason. If you are right, still unnecessary to call out someone especially because you could be wrong.

Not a fan of holdbacks either but Bring on tournaments to change the topic.

So surge is no longer surge? They are now triton?
Rebels Black is now Rebels chrome.
Any other team name changes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love holdbacks !! Without these cheaters what would we non holdback obsessive parents talk about . I do find a little delight in that holdbacks do know that it is wrong when their child competes against younger children, and delight when the non holdback parent goes full bonkers over holdbacks,

Keep it going !

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard