Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,601
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 43 1 2 41 42 43
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Anonymous #448181 Yesterday at 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did LILJ just put everyone on the list that had paid for something from them in the past? Thats the biggest scam and joke in Long Island Lacrosse. Just pay them, you’ll make the list. Be selective at least. Some of those kids are very good and should be grouped separate from the rest.

The majority of the parents on this board as well as other years for the boys and girls are guilty and quite notIntelligent to be spending a lot of money and making those guys rich. FOMO to the max! The players actually reposting and thanking them as well! How Ridiculous that they list about 50 kids at every position! If more would’ve paid and attended their events, that list would be double the size!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #448184 Yesterday at 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one agrees with you reclass Dad. If they did the entire 91/Express teams would be reclassing rather than just a handful of kids. Reason why they don’t is everyone else thinks it is nuts!

Literally not a *single* reclass hating parent is refusing to reclass his kid purely out of *principle*.

Either (1) you don’t need to (because your kid is a student - sincere congrats), (2) you don’t think it’s worth doing (because it won’t help your marginal player, who is low level D1, or mid to low D3, or not even planning to play in college - nothing wrong with any of those), or (3) you can’t afford to do it (understandable, and no doubt the right call not to do it).

So...why pretend otherwise? Why the moral preening?

Just admit that other teams, playing by the rules, beat your son’s team. It’s not the end of the world.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448185 Yesterday at 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 grade level has become a joke with all the K and 8th grade reclasses. 91, Express, Legacy, S2S reclassed are everywhere.

What is a K reclass? lol.

It’s a 5 year old that doesn’t start Kindergarten and starts at 6 yrs old. There are quite a few on the top teams. Has same effect as 8th grade reclass and more socially accepted but cheating none the less as they weren’t done for any other reason than athletics.

What most Long Island crybabies don’t realize is that the most common cutoff date to start kindergarten in the US is August 1. The second most common cutoff is September 1. Some are in July, and some are even in June! You can look it up if you can muster the stamina, or imagine a world in which there are places on earth other than Long Island.

For 8th grade and under, USA Lacrosse uses a Sept 1 cutoff for the 12 month grouping, and June 1 for the 15 month grouping…because they understand this. It’s not cheating for a kid born in June 2009 to have played 2028 lacrosse this past summer unless a tournament had its own cutoff.

It’s not cheating when the rules SPECIFICALLY ALLOW IT. Duh.

The dolts who don’t realize that NY has the latest cutoff in the country are the ones crying the most.

Everyone in NY is well aware of this. You aren’t breaking new ground. We are complaining about kids on Long Island not out of state who reclass and who manipulate our states cutoff date for school to start (Kindergarten) their kids in school later than they should for athletic gain.

You may realize this, but you are in the very small minority of people on Long Island who seem to realize it.

You’re moving the goalposts, but complaining about a kid “reclassing" by starting school late is just as weak. The birthday cutoff is what matters. That’s the compromise that takes into account safety but also the fact that 48 states use a school birthday cutoff earlier than Jan 1.

A kid born in May 2009 (or earlier) could have started school late, but still could not have played 2028 this past summer. If one did, that would fairly be called cheating. But the rules change again for 2028s this summer. The June 1 cutoff doesn’t apply going forward.

Age restrictions were only implemented for the 2029 class and below.

I don’t think so. It applied to 2028s this past summer. Basically, it applies each year starting Sept 1 of 8th grade, and ending Aug 31 following 8th grade, and all younger years.

Last year, it applied to 2028 and younger. Right now, it’s 2029 and younger.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448186 Yesterday at 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless your kid was born November/ December 2009 or had a developmental delay they should be playing with the 2027’s.

That’s your opinion but hardly the reality.

According to NY school cutoff date he’s absolutely correct, not an opinion.

According to USA lacrosse, perfectly acceptable to be playing 2028 under both the 12 month grouping and 15 month grouping.

Just wait until you hear about the recently discovered expanse of land west of the Verrazano!! Unreal!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448190 Yesterday at 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what do you have to say to the holdback families of the #1pole (express) 2026 going to UVA and the #1 middie going to Notre Dame (also playing football) from Florida??? guess that was a wise decision!!!!!

Both are actually double holdbacks. Also, if you take a poll of all the reclasses over the years, these kids represent a minority of “success stories”.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #448191 Yesterday at 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 out of …….

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448192 Yesterday at 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback apologist is back, probably a short king.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448194 Yesterday at 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Apologies-continue doing your polls and finally learn what has been happening by looking at all commits ages to top college programs for the last couple of years, then go cry on your momma's shoulder.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448195 Yesterday at 10:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what do you have to say to the holdback families of the #1pole (express) 2026 going to UVA and the #1 middie going to Notre Dame (also playing football) from Florida??? guess that was a wise decision!!!!!

Both are actually double holdbacks. Also, if you take a poll of all the reclasses over the years, these kids represent a minority of “success stories”.

Sure, they've found a way to game the system for now, but holding kids back for an advantage isn't real success. It’s short-term thinking, and eventually, the competition will catch up to them—whether in sports or life. Being older and bigger might give them an edge now, but relying on that instead of true development only lasts so long. Real growth comes from competing on a level playing field, not looking for shortcuts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #448198 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one agrees with you reclass Dad. If they did the entire 91/Express teams would be reclassing rather than just a handful of kids. Reason why they don’t is everyone else thinks it is nuts!

Literally not a *single* reclass hating parent is refusing to reclass his kid purely out of *principle*.

Either (1) you don’t need to (because your kid is a student - sincere congrats), (2) you don’t think it’s worth doing (because it won’t help your marginal player, who is low level D1, or mid to low D3, or not even planning to play in college - nothing wrong with any of those), or (3) you can’t afford to do it (understandable, and no doubt the right call not to do it).

So...why pretend otherwise? Why the moral preening?

Just admit that other teams, playing by the rules, beat your son’s team. It’s not the end of the world.

First and foremost not many parents at this age care about wins and losses as long as their kids team is somewhat competitive. It’s very much about recruitment very soon.

My son is a very good player. I’m not going to lie and tell you that I’m sure he is good enough for higher level D1. As it stands now, he is in the top 5% of players in his graduation year. Varsity as an 8th grader. Definitely some room for improvement. He is my oldest and I’m admitting I really am not educated enough to tell you where that places him at the end of hist 10th grade year, assuming he progresses at the same level. For arguments sake you’ll have to take my word for it regarding where he is at talent wise.

With that said, I can’t reclass him for a few reasons. First and foremost, he has no urge. We have talked about the lacrosse landscape and the reclassing thing and he just doesn’t want to, despite being young for a 28. No parent in their right mind would force a kid to repeat a grade against their will assuming they are on par academically. Second reason I can’t reclass him is I simply can not afford it. And the third reason is I don’t believe it sends the right message to my son about rising to the occasion.

Now I have told my story. I’m anti holdback. And truth be told it is not out purely out of principle. I gave my reasons. You 100% nailed it.

Now it’s your turn buddy. Is your holdback stance base on…
1. Your kid is small (not their fault).
2. Your kid is not good at lacrosse (very good chance it’s also not their fault).

I’m gonna sort of quote you here.
Literally not a *single* reclass LOVING parent has admitted the reason they made the decision to reclass. It’s not solely to provide an advantage. No advantage would be needed if they didn’t fall into one of the two categories above.

So which is it?
Too small?
Not good enough?
It is definitely one of those two reasons, so why pretend otherwise?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Page 43 of 43 1 2 41 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard