Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,532
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 42 1 2 39 40 41 42
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about those Jets!! 0-2 just like Venom
LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard every manhasset kid from Venom is reclassing this year. The venom goalie had to reclass because the machine goalie is probably one of the best in the country at 2027. Perfect example of you can’t beat a kid out…….repeat grade.

You heard wrong. And the venom reclass kids are still playing 2028 unlike the Chucks kids who reclassed that are playing 2029.

Who cares they are still playing on venom. Bottom line is they don’t think they are good enough in the 2028 class. So they are repeating a grade to be a 2029. Bottom line is if you are a top tier player you don’t need to repeat a grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe what I’m reading. Such a waste of time and energy. Just enjoy watching your kid play and having fun. Hopefully everyone’s kid gets enough playing time, otherwise find another competitive team where he will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard every manhasset kid from Venom is reclassing this year. The venom goalie had to reclass because the machine goalie is probably one of the best in the country at 2027. Perfect example of you can’t beat a kid out…….repeat grade.

You heard wrong. And the venom reclass kids are still playing 2028 unlike the Chucks kids who reclassed that are playing 2029.

Who cares they are still playing on venom. Bottom line is they don’t think they are good enough in the 2028 class. So they are repeating a grade to be a 2029. Bottom line is if you are a top tier player you don’t need to repeat a grade.

Exactly, That is another to add to the long list of holdback apologist excuses. My little johnny couldnt compete against his own age players so I held him back,,,,but look everyone, he is playing with his own age for now.... of course that will change soon , we all know it will even the holdback apologist.

Proper response to first post above is, Yes, you heard right, they are being held back to compete as they obviously were not going to be competitive as an on age player. ..Much clearer and truthful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok virtually every Manhasset kid is reclassing that plays for 91/Express

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so dying to be part of 91 Venom but your kid is not good enough. The only enjoyment you have is trying to bash Venom and no one takes your comments seriously. Get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 27 reclass goalie bumped the 28 goalie. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so dying to be part of 91 Venom but your kid is not good enough. The only enjoyment you have is trying to bash Venom and no one takes your comments seriously. Get a life!
This 91 parent insane.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,
Holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're right...express should move ahead. they have 4 out of state kids joining the team. is that better or worse than reclassing?

If a local club refused to take reclasses and out of state players as their rule no matter what the age they would find that they would be rolling in requests to play on their teams.
Last year all you seen on here was Express bashing they didn’t lose to any Long Island teams including Venom who they beat twice and second time it was bad I don’t expect you clueless parents to change. Keep the detest alive

Outside of the venom win at a CoachC run event what was express best win?
Man you guys always have an excuse you got smoked. That’s it

The only thing that matters this year is this year!

To be honest, I think Venom is more focused on beating elite teams off LI to which they have done more successfully year over year. Yes venom wants to beat express, they want to beat everyone but it’s more satisfying to beat Leading Edge and BBL and WCS and Crabs and Ohio Elite and on and on.

There is only one reclass on Venom (goalie) and no one flies in from out of state. Several kids are 2010 birthdays, so that’s something to be proud of. Need to keep this whole thing in perspective. My kid has definitely improved being on Venom and the families are awesome, no drama and the coaches are even better! That’s the truth and I know this will get criticized but venom families don’t care because we are loving the ride!!

I bet you are. Your kids get promoted the most by the so called fair rankings type pages on social media. They kiss @$$ so bad it’s hilarious how much back scratching goes on. You can connect the dots.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait I thought reclassing had no victims? Just giving your own kid opportunities? 28 goalie and his parents have every right to be pissed at that kid, his parents, Team 91 Directors and the Venom coaches. Each one of them could’ve stopped at some point but didn’t. They stole the on age goalie’s opportunity after all his hard work and dedication to the team. Despicable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone start practice yet? I know there's a few tournaments coming up in November that my son is playing in. I believe they're both in DE, back to back Sundays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clue me in...what is DB? Or are we referring to someone on chucks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're right...express should move ahead. they have 4 out of state kids joining the team. is that better or worse than reclassing?

If a local club refused to take reclasses and out of state players as their rule no matter what the age they would find that they would be rolling in requests to play on their teams.

No lol

Yeh they would. It would actually be a fair competition. You want my money then I want something. Develop players and don’t let some reclass from out of state miss every practice then fly in just to start over LI kids on a LI team.

The point is they don’t need your money they have Plenty of parents lining up to wear the jersey

That doesn’t mean someone else can’t have a successful club that has on age Long Island only players. Offer to the marketplace something no other club does.

Club with only on-age LI players cannot compete nationally. That's why 91/Express bring in out of staters and holdbacks. The best on-age LI kids want to compete nationally, so they would rather play on team with out of staters and holdbacks than play on a team that goes 1-4 every weekend.

If you want the moral high ground of playing for LI only team with on age kids, go play for Legacy/Igloo/Shore/etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. I don't think its about moral high ground...but in what other sport do you hear about holdbacks and reclasses? It's absurd. My kid plays for one of the 3 teams you mentioned at the end. Watching his performance allows him to see how he plays against kids HIS AGE that he will play against in high school and college, not some 2027 whose mommy and daddy want him to look better than he is by having him play down against 28's. The kids are sick of it-they want to compete against fair competition, not the Leading Edge's of the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, 91 and Express isn’t for everyone. It’s for the top players, elite level, not your average player from Hicksville.

Reclassing is part of the picture and is here to stay. 91 venom goalies were aware of the reclass and the one who was cut is in a better place now, S2S. It’s a better fit in the long run.

Players and parents should always strive to compete against better players in games and practices. Bringing down reclasses from Machine and express 27 is unavoidable and should be welcomed. It makes your player better

There once was this guy Kobe Bryant, watch his doc on the Mentality he lived by, and see if your way of an equal on age playing field adds up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait I thought reclassing had no victims? Just giving your own kid opportunities? 28 goalie and his parents have every right to be pissed at that kid, his parents, Team 91 Directors and the Venom coaches. Each one of them could’ve stopped at some point but didn’t. They stole the on age goalie’s opportunity after all his hard work and dedication to the team. Despicable.

If that goalie and his parents are so bothered then why have they remained with the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No lol

Yeh they would. It would actually be a fair competition. You want my money then I want something. Develop players and don’t let some reclass from out of state miss every practice then fly in just to start over LI kids on a LI team.

The point is they don’t need your money they have Plenty of parents lining up to wear the jersey

That doesn’t mean someone else can’t have a successful club that has on age Long Island only players. Offer to the marketplace something no other club does.

Club with only on-age LI players cannot compete nationally. That's why 91/Express bring in out of staters and holdbacks. The best on-age LI kids want to compete nationally, so they would rather play on team with out of staters and holdbacks than play on a team that goes 1-4 every weekend.

If you want the moral high ground of playing for LI only team with on age kids, go play for Legacy/Igloo/Shore/etc.

Moral High Ground ? Are we talking about Club Lacrosse too ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No lol

Oh my. Anyway you could do this, we could all do this if lacrosse had aged based across the board. Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they don't. And almost every good NY player will reclass just like the 5 or 6 primetime 2025's who just reclassed to 26's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. I don't think its about moral high ground...but in what other sport do you hear about holdbacks and reclasses? It's absurd. My kid plays for one of the 3 teams you mentioned at the end. Watching his performance allows him to see how he plays against kids HIS AGE that he will play against in high school and college, not some 2027 whose mommy and daddy want him to look better than he is by having him play down against 28's. The kids are sick of it-they want to compete against fair competition, not the Leading Edge's of the world.

Football (rampant), basketball (rampant), hockey (most rampant but done through a PG year or two or three), baseball (less common).

Have any of you crybabies heard about the college transfer portal? You can look it up. Your kid isn’t just competing against reclass kids who are a few months or maybe a year older, but also men who are two or even three years older and in college already.

Times have changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that goalie and his parents are so bothered then why have they remained with the team?

Oh you’re right, they are thrilled to have a cheater take their son’s starting spot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, 91 and Express isn’t for everyone. It’s for the top players, elite level, not your average player from Hicksville.

Reclassing is part of the picture and is here to stay. 91 venom goalies were aware of the reclass and the one who was cut is in a better place now, S2S. It’s a better fit in the long run.

Players and parents should always strive to compete against better players in games and practices. Bringing down reclasses from Machine and express 27 is unavoidable and should be welcomed. It makes your player better

There once was this guy Kobe Bryant, watch his doc on the Mentality he lived by, and see if your way of an equal on age playing field adds up.

Thanks 91 Director but this is the densest @ChillLaxin I have ever read. They are kids, reclassing is BS! These kids couldn’t hang on age so don’t talk about our kids should welcome playing up so other kids can play down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all the top players on Long Island play for express or 91. 3-4 of the top 10 middies/attack on Long Island do not. 91 and express have the brand and that attracts more of the top talent.
You’re missing the point of the anti holdback parent and kid. It’s inherently unfair at the lower grades, particularly 6-9th grade. By high school it sort of evens out but the holdback worries the parents regardless. These kids are a year away from being looked at by colleges and the fact remains that money bought an advantage in the recruiting process. That’s an advantage that plays against the majority of on age kids. If you can’t comprehend how that upsets people, you’re out of touch with the common folk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island 2026 91 Storm team has more out of state recruits than Long Island recruits as of today. Those kids were smart to reclass. It's the only way to compete with the athetes they are going to fly in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Football (rampant), basketball (rampant), hockey (most rampant but done through a PG year or two or three), baseball (less common).

Have any of you crybabies heard about the college transfer portal? You can look it up. Your kid isn’t just competing against reclass kids who are a few months or maybe a year older, but also men who are two or even three years older and in college already.

Times have changed.

These kids aren’t in College sense holdback Mommy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Times have changed.

Most have an issue with youth sports and some HS holdbacks.. But you want to make it something it isnt, right holdback apologist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island 2026 91 Storm team has more out of state recruits than Long Island recruits as of today. Those kids were smart to reclass. It's the only way to compete with the athetes they are going to fly in.

It was smart to repeat a grade for a sport that pays 35K if you go pro, yeh ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 grade level has become a joke with all the K and 8th grade reclasses. 91, Express, Legacy, S2S reclassed are everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 grade level has become a joke with all the K and 8th grade reclasses. 91, Express, Legacy, S2S reclassed are everywhere.

What is a K reclass? lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anti holdback parents need to quit crying, it’s embarrassing. Have your kid hit the bounce back if you’re not reclassing him. Otherwise go away, you’re annoying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anti holdback parents need to quit crying, it’s embarrassing. Have your kid hit the bounce back if you’re not reclassing him. Otherwise go away, you’re annoying.
PUT YOUR NAME ON THAT TOUGHIE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that there were more moms than dads at venom practice. The dads were probably watching express practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a K reclass? lol.

It’s a 5 year old that doesn’t start Kindergarten and starts at 6 yrs old. There are quite a few on the top teams. Has same effect as 8th grade reclass and more socially accepted but cheating none the less as they weren’t done for any other reason than athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s so annoying when people won’t ignore your cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the moms are the dads!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they don't. And almost every good NY player will reclass just like the 5 or 6 primetime 2025's who just reclassed to 26's.

Didn’t realize you could reclass that late

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking about the goalie that was cut not the one that is still there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very strange that what sounds like one adult or individual has such an infatuation with reclasses and a specific youth lax team. I honestly think Venom parents dont care, and I am sure the reclass parents are the same. It is starting to look more and more personal rather than logical. The response to the post above, “Toughie!”, really? Guessing this dad is the one who starts a fight on the sideline but then realizes he cant back up his mouth. Agree with the person above, time to drop it, move on. How about them Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks 91 Director but this is the densest @ChillLaxin I have ever read. They are kids, reclassing is BS! These kids couldn’t hang on age so don’t talk about our kids should welcome playing up so other kids can play down!

Seriously lol he just proclaimed the 28 venom goalie that was cut is at a better fit!! Who are you to decide?! Maybe he wanted to continue to win and all the other stuff you 91 people are raving about

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 42 1 2 39 40 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard