Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,532
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a big gap after Express and 91 anymore. Some of those kids peaked early and other players from other teams are closing the gap which will play out the next 2 years. Rest of those teams are very close. Turtles I assume is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The above is very close:

Venom
Express

Massive Gap……

Igloo
S2S
LegRush

Small Gap….

Surge
BTB
Turtles

Turtles???

LegRush has 2 teams - red and white

Turtles have no team at this age. The massive gap thing is funny. Venom is the top team on LI who keeps taking other teams best players and consistently wins nothing. LegRush will compete. They took the size from both squads and was told also have 28 on roster and adding. Good luck if you are a non starter. Igloo and S2S seem to always be solid and have remained consistent w players and coaches. Surge has seemed to improve each year. BTB has really grown quickly and compete (coach is highly regarded) but there best players seem to leave and try to jump on the top team (Venom) only to be consistently in the middle of the pack in op tournaments. I will never understand joining a top team and not trying to compete with and take down a top team. That is the evolution of todays young athlete. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has igloo done?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We haven’t seen Leg rush red play yet
Teams are so different this fall why don’t we hold off on ranking until they play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above is very close:

Venom
Express

Massive Gap……

Igloo
S2S
LegRush

Small Gap….

Surge
BTB
Turtles

Turtles???

LegRush has 2 teams - red and white

Turtles have no team at this age. The massive gap thing is funny. Venom is the top team on LI who keeps taking other teams best players and consistently wins nothing. LegRush will compete. They took the size from both squads and was told also have 28 on roster and adding. Good luck if you are a non starter. Igloo and S2S seem to always be solid and have remained consistent w players and coaches. Surge has seemed to improve each year. BTB has really grown quickly and compete (coach is highly regarded) but there best players seem to leave and try to jump on the top team (Venom) only to be consistently in the middle of the pack in op tournaments. I will never understand joining a top team and not trying to compete with and take down a top team. That is the evolution of todays young athlete. Good luck to all.

Love this take. Agree on all. The gap is definitely closing. Kids that used to play on recon and rebels red wolves are now on teams like venom.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a huge gap between express 91 and everyone else Express would slaughter igloo And shore is a glorified b team, played with 15 this past season, something is wrong. No idea which legrush is the better one, but even the better one still closer to shore. Surge def below those 3 and really not part of the conversation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to say how IMPRESSED i am that my post about how the teams are ranking now that tryouts are over wasn't met with any snide and sarcastic remarks...we're growing! LOL

I am curious to see how Legacy/Rush works out. The general consensus seems to be that the coaches are the issue and they consistently rely on 2-3 kids who aren't getting it done. It doesn't do any good to have 1-2 TOP teams and everyone else fights for scraps-andI will say I detest the "fly in a player for a weekend" nonsense. SO unfair to those kids who have committed to you. I think competitive games amongst the top long island teams benefit everyone.

Very curious to see how Igloo/S2S/LegRush pan out. Always thought there was solid coaching at S2S, don't know alot about Igloo. Any word on how those teams either got better or worse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a massive gap from express and 91 to the next team igloo. Express would absolutely demolish igloo, over under is 15 in a shortened game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i get a kick out of some of these parents. start on venom, move to express, now we try shore. can't seem to find a home and always looking for the next best thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of misinformation on this board.
1. There is a gap. It’s not huge. Time will tell if and how much it shrunk. A lot of players on other teams have grown physically and athletically in last year.
2. No telling how the holdbacks and fly ins will change express and venom.
3. The main issue with legacy was not so much the coaching but more the lack of depth. Over 10 kids got cut from the team. It’s hard as a coach to devise a plan when the lower end of the roster was the problem. Are the 10-15 replacements going to make them better. One would assume, but it’s anyone’s guess just how much better.
4. BTB was the real winner last year in terms of growth. I have no idea how many of there players jumped ship this year, but if they all stuck it out they could be really good.
5. Surge has to start getting the respect they deserve. Constantly playing “up” year after year. I am a bit curious to hear from anyone in the know if any of their players have earned a spot on venom in the last year or two.
6. None of this matters. NONE of it. College coaches do not care one bit about how many wins and losses these teams have. As long as they are competing in the right events and getting guided by the right person, they can end up playing at the next level. That is if they want to. The grind of college lacrosse is not for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a massive gap from express and 91 to the next team igloo. Express would absolutely demolish igloo, over under is 15 in a shortened game.

Venom vs Long Island last season:

Rush 9-2
Legacy 4-2
Chucks 9-10
Chucks. 4-9
BTB 8-4
BTB 5-2

There is not a big gap with Venom and the rest of Long Island. They are not blowing everyone out.

Chucks did better but they also almost lost to Surge!

Chucks vs Long Island:

Igloo 9-1
Rebels 12-1
Legacy 8-2
Surge 8-7
Venom 10-9
Venom 9-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Improved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rush 9-2
Legacy 4-2
Chucks 9-10
Chucks. 4-9
BTB 8-4
BTB 5-2

There is not a big gap with Venom and the rest of Long Island. They are not blowing everyone out.

Chucks vs Long Island:

Igloo 9-1
Rebels 12-1
Legacy 8-2
Surge 8-7
Venom 10-9
Venom 9-4

C'Mon man .... Your going to hurt some Pequa dads feelings over this post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not necessarily the next best thing-in our situation is was about playing time-kids getting flown in from out of state taking time from my kid (and others) who committed to the program for a couple of years. What should parents do? Pay the money, watch the coaches recruit better kids, not charge them, and watch your kid sit just so they can say they wear an Express or Venom helmet? No thanks-I (and most other parents) want their kids to PLAY, not WATCH. Sometimes, you have to make a move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rush 9-2
Legacy 4-2
Chucks 9-10
Chucks. 4-9
BTB 8-4
BTB 5-2

Chucks vs Long Island:

Igloo 9-1
Rebels 12-1
Legacy 8-2
Surge 8-7
Venom 10-9
Venom 9-4

Who has Express beat off of the island????

Venom beat, WCS, Leading Edge, Express North BBL, Kings, Resolute, Crabs…all top 15 teams. Close games with Hawks, Eclipse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forget that Venom also beat Juiced cherries, Richmond hawks and the Clippers Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 pequa venom coaches only care about their sons. Someone said it best when they called them a salesman. They fool a lot of people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The venom animonsity is comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If rumors, for lack of a better word, are true then venom got bigger which will help. Did any kids reclass and leave? Did they get any reclasses?

If rumors are true then express lost a couple of top players. Maybe the s2s attack helps. Did they get any reclasses besides a goalie? Otherwise addictions are not exactly notable.

If rumors are true, Legacy Rush red has great potential. Find it hard to believe that coaching staff is the issue. Time will tell.

Igloo, BTB coaches always seem to have those teams challenging themselves which benefits them. Outcome of who they lost and who they picked up remains to be seen.

S2s and surge might have lost too much this tryout season to sustain the level they had been at.

Legacy rush white. Did they keep many former legacy AA players or Rush AA players? Or is roster half made up from former dune dogs and roadrunners. This group may be the casualties of the merge. Feel bad for them. But maybe they surprise.

Rebels roster for black team will be almost completely new. Parents were very unhappy. They had 3 ‘28 teams last year. Have they merged? Haven’t heard anything except most of the team have left.

Hope to see venom v express in the fall!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 pequa venom coaches only care about their sons. Someone said it best when they called them a salesman. They fool a lot of people

That may be true but seems to be working for them. Nobody I talk to complains. Unless they are secretly unhappy but they are on venom and don’t want to rock the boat. Idk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of misinformation on this board.
1. There is a gap. It’s not huge. Time will tell if and how much it shrunk. A lot of players on other teams have grown physically and athletically in last year.
2. No telling how the holdbacks and fly ins will change express and venom.
3. The main issue with legacy was not so much the coaching but more the lack of depth. Over 10 kids got cut from the team. It’s hard as a coach to devise a plan when the lower end of the roster was the problem. Are the 10-15 replacements going to make them better. One would assume, but it’s anyone’s guess just how much better.
4. BTB was the real winner last year in terms of growth. I have no idea how many of there players jumped ship this year, but if they all stuck it out they could be really good.
5. Surge has to start getting the respect they deserve. Constantly playing “up” year after year. I am a bit curious to hear from anyone in the know if any of their players have earned a spot on venom in the last year or two.
6. None of this matters. NONE of it. College coaches do not care one bit about how many wins and losses these teams have. As long as they are competing in the right events and getting guided by the right person, they can end up playing at the next level. That is if they want to. The grind of college lacrosse is not for everyone.

Great post! I agree that BTB worked their butts off and had a great year! They did lose some pretty consequential talent so it will be interesting how that impacts them.

1 Surge player did get deservingly pulled up (should it be more ...who knows). Hopefully the kid gets the playing time he deserves. They still have an extremely solid defensive foundation. Will be interesting to see the impact of some of the other changes. They closely competed and/or beat all LI competition they play. Only ones they didn't (because they didn't play them...interesting...) this spring were venom and igloo...

And I couldn't agree more about point 6!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has igloo done?

Good question. Anyone have the stats against Long Island teams like they had for venom and express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a big gap after Express and 91 anymore. Some of those kids peaked early and other players from other teams are closing the gap which will play out the next 2 years. Rest of those teams are very close. Turtles I assume is a joke.

Peaked early and now reclassing because they haven’t grown since 3rd grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddyball shouldn’t be a thing at this level of lax. save it for PAL. . Maybe after reclassing 5/6 players they’ll come back and beat non B teams. Just kidding look at the dads. Kids ain’t growing. What a joke! Just keep your kids playing and getting reps. What jersey they wear means nothing. Venom is a bust they recruit good players to kill other teams and don’t play those kids, good luck to the kids they stole. Bring your rags to shine the bench,if you ain’t a friend to those coaches your kids not playing! Or go sign up for Surge tryouts saw they posted an end of season review aka everyone left cause we are a B team and there’s no growth with what we got left. Sad state of affairs! Everyone here is worried about Venom or Chucks go find your kid a spot anywhere else!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same for the other 5 Coaches - just keep running their own kids out there, everyone else take a seat and watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same for the other 5 Coaches - just keep running their own kids out there, everyone else take a seat and watch.

You couldn’t be more wrong about these two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious animosity towards Venom. I dont think there is a great place to play on this island. They are all the same. Venom daddy coaches, Express has a huge roster and Coach C favorites only ones who play, Igloo is a proving ground for GC coach and sons friends, Shore is run by the parents who dictate roster, btb are like the bad news bears grind out games. Surge has paid promoters on here but need to make a wish after losing three of their better players and lastly LegRush was formed to win but politics limited their ability to keep talent. All the same issues, every team, there is no premier place to play. Grass isn't greener.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge parent here, I like this team and I think the coaches are great. Who wouldn't want 2 varsity coaches that are vested. We would welcome anyone that wants to come down and check out our team. We do need some offense because of the kids that left but those kids don't make up the entire team. Why not come to us where you'll get a ton of playing time and play against the top teams. Be a contributor and not a spectator

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two of the coaches kids hardly played. One even left for legacy rush, these venom comments as usual are wrong. As a matter of fact over the past five years I can think of 4 kids who left venom on their own. One tried to come back last year and one came back this year. Someone posted that venom is small and that’s actually true but they beat: leading edge, express north, mad dog national, wcs, bbl, kings, crabs, resolute, lax black to name a few - all while being physically underdeveloped. In the 5 summer tournaments they played, Venom had 4 semi-final or better finishes, no other team on LI came close to this. When this team grows they’re going to be a very tuff group, not that they aren’t already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge parent here, I like this team and I think the coaches are great. Who wouldn't want 2 varsity coaches that are vested. We would welcome anyone that wants to come down and check out our team. We do need some offense because of the kids that left but those kids don't make up the entire team. Why not come to us where you'll get a ton of playing time and play against the top teams. Be a contributor and not a spectator
nice post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all a waste of time and money if you don’t reclass. Especially if you want to play at Express/91 or at Holdback High (St Anthony’s). Lack of a strong governing body to prevent holdbacks will be the downfall of the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would argue having a highly skilled player who hasn’t grown yet and is able to hold their own on the national level is great scenario. Think of all these big kids who get by due to their size. That gap will close very soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from the coach who enables the coach that kids run from

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would argue having a highly skilled player who hasn’t grown yet and is able to hold their own on the national level is great scenario. Think of all these big kids who get by due to their size. That gap will close very soon.

Having a skilled player who hasn’t grown is a good scenario but coaches cut those kids all the time because they don’t want to wait for that kid to grow. Many kids just keep trying and others reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's ok, they replaced w Surge kid and toxic dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all a waste of time and money if you don’t reclass. Especially if you want to play at Express/91 or at Holdback High (St Anthony’s). Lack of a strong governing body to prevent holdbacks will be the downfall of the sport.

I’m sorry but you are incorrect on two things. You do not have to reclass to excel. And the downfall already happened. Thus people like you exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole conversation your having is a waste of time! Arguing over a sport the takes your kid nowhere! What is your kid gonna do after college, playing a professional sport for 300 hundred bucks a game! We’re all the kids are the same size and play like a bunch of girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing is done for numerous reasons and despite popular belief not always for lacrosse. So few are actually doing it on Long Island that it is hard to understand the above disdain. It doesnt impact the 2028 group much at all. We have zero control over LE and 2Way who are the clear leaders in cheating, but that is expected. Other than that I dont understand the drama being created on here? Who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sorry but you are incorrect on two things. You do not have to reclass to excel. And the downfall already happened. Thus people like you exist.

It’s just starting. Wait for more reclasses next year and more fly ins this summer and next. It’s only just begun. I’m not an advocate of reclassing, I think it’s cheating but writing is on the wall, NY is starting to do it more and we are the last ones to the reclass party. Put your kid in a sport with a real age requirement. Dont reward these teams and tournaments for their allowance of reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two of the coaches kids hardly played. One even left for legacy rush, these venom comments as usual are wrong. As a matter of fact over the past five years I can think of 4 kids who left venom on their own. One tried to come back last year and one came back this year. Someone posted that venom is small and that’s actually true but they beat: leading edge, express north, mad dog national, wcs, bbl, kings, crabs, resolute, lax black to name a few - all while being physically underdeveloped. In the 5 summer tournaments they played, Venom had 4 semi-final or better finishes, no other team on LI came close to this. When this team grows they’re going to be a very tuff group, not that they aren’t already.

*** TOUGH not tuff .... Must have been a Pequa dad who wrote this .....

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard