Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,532
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
RUSH roadrunners or should I say adrenaline, with a classless move today. Don’t bring your top team to a B tournament. Congrats

Many clubs cheated at that tourney...Rush had Adrenaline players, the Florida Blue Crabs had Express Chucks (black) players and Legacy East (28) had 27s playing with them (different ones each day after supposedly getting into trouble on the first day)
Until parents and players stop, this will continue.

I'm not saying that they were all legal but you do know that some 2027s are technically allowed to play with 2028s right? Birthdays matter in lacrosse. Apparently.

So you knew that some weren't legal?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any summary from the NLF today? Who are the favorites in both divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading edge. The edge being the 16-17 year old players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to go out on a limb and say that the teams who are oldest and have the most holdbacks and reclassed players are the favorites. Just a guess though and I could be completely wrong (I’m not). Maybe 91venom or express chucks will prove age doesn’t matter (they won’t).
One of the following teams will win it all.
Leading edge
Hawks
Texas nationals
Slight chance to the following.
Express north
And pool C is definitely up for grabs minus prime time. No disrespect to them though. Just not enough 15 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather delay

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wins the championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading edge. The edge being the 16-17 year old players

Exactly on point. Reclassing is ruining lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many kids are reclassing this year. I just will never understand or agree that doing that is good for your kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmmmm..... Isn't the venom goalie a reclass?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did that come from? And one kid reclassing on an entire team? At least he was actually in 8th grade unlike the 6 kids on leading edge who just finished their freshman year! “I might PG in 3 years” Ha! Joke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Manhasset is reclassing. Venom is going to look a lot different next year. A lot of movement is coming. Kids are going to end up on legrush and surge. And venom is taking some S2S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess tryout season is here! Rumors and gossip! Love it, bring it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Express will remain pretty much intact. Maybe some bench players will look for a competitive team where they’ll see the field. The time is now to play meaningful minutes and especially play on both days, not just Saturdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Manhasset is reclassing. Venom is going to look a lot different next year. A lot of movement is coming. Kids are going to end up on legrush and surge. And venom is taking some S2S

If u saw venom this weekend I don’t think they will look “very” different. They looked pretty darn good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Express will remain pretty much intact. Maybe some bench players will look for a competitive team where they’ll see the field. The time is now to play meaningful minutes and especially play on both days, not just Saturdays.

Given their roster size they have plenty of bench players. Would you be able to confirm how many former 2027’s are coming down and will they continue to use the two 2027’s that played with them this past year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched LE vs Chucks on Friday between my sons games to see what all the noise was about.
The Chucks parents sounded like all the people in this chat. More worried about "age" than the way their kids were acting and playing on the field. Poor sportsmanship, cheap shots, etc....Parents living up the the LI stereotypes and their kids took that example.
Can't play with PGs and there were no 16-17 year old players on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did that come from? And one kid reclassing on an entire team? At least he was actually in 8th grade unlike the 6 kids on leading edge who just finished their freshman year! “I might PG in 3 years” Ha! Joke

Can you explain the difference between repeating 8th grade last year and finishing 9th grade this year? Not following the logic here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advice for all kids/parents that re on a top team but do not start or get a significant amount of playing time. No one cares if your team wins a summer club lacrosse tournament. College coaches are not concerned with who got the T Shirt . They need to see you on the field consistently in order to evaluate your level of play. Dont chase the name on the front of the jersey, make sure you have a quality coach and get a decent amount of run. And most importantly is your kid enjoying the experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched LE vs Chucks on Friday between my sons games to see what all the noise was about.
The Chucks parents sounded like all the people in this chat. More worried about "age" than the way their kids were acting and playing on the field. Poor sportsmanship, cheap shots, etc....Parents living up the the LI stereotypes and their kids took that example.

Holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If u saw venom this weekend I don’t think they will look “very” different. They looked pretty darn good

They are good but small. Other players on LI are catching up in talent. They can’t handle the size of the holdback teams outside NY, hence the reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are good but small. Other players on LI are catching up in talent. They can’t handle the size of the holdback teams outside NY, hence the reclassing.

They handled the big boys from MD (crabs) and Ohio pretty decent this weekend. They will catch up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a whole bunch of 15 year olds! Everyone knows LE is filled with holdbacks. You are obviously ok with it because your kid is probably one of them. Speaking for the majority of sane people we think you are nuts for holding your kid back. You don’t deserve any congrats for playing down in age. Take your trophies but don’t expect anyone to be impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have tryouts this week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know 91 is wed/thur

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a whole bunch of 15 year olds! Everyone knows LE is filled with holdbacks. You are obviously ok with it because your kid is probably one of them. Speaking for the majority of sane people we think you are nuts for holding your kid back. You don’t deserve any congrats for playing down in age. Take your trophies but don’t expect anyone to be impressed.
Haha, my son isn't on the team. Where do you get your information from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, my son isn't on the team. Where do you get your information from?

He is a holdback though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a son (grown man) on LE the chances they are 15 already is pretty high

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They handled the big boys from MD (crabs) and Ohio pretty decent this weekend. They will catch up.

Crabs have been bad all summer. Since June 1st they are 6-9. Everyone has been beating them! Resolute has played nobody good all year until the NLF where they were exposed. They will catch up but maybe not necessarily with the same cast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big turnout at S2S tryouts last night-alot of BTB kids, few Express kids, few Rebels. Guessing about 60 or so kids were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs have been bad all summer. Since June 1st they are 6-9. Everyone has been beating them! Resolute has played nobody good all year until the NLF where they were exposed. They will catch up but maybe not necessarily with the same cast.

Four top 4 finishes this summer, they’re just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big turnout at S2S tryouts last night-alot of BTB kids, few Express kids, few Rebels. Guessing about 60 or so kids were there.
Seen some Express helmets at 91 today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep saying that and it will be true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, Express, Rebels, Legacy all rolling the dice waiting until next week for tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, Express, Rebels, Legacy all rolling the dice waiting until next week for tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom already locking up players. And bench players are moving on. Gotta be on the field to get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep saying that and it will be true.

Is it not true ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom already locking up players. And bench players are moving on. Gotta be on the field to get recruited.

Translation: venom is flying in kids and locking up new bench players bc they know their bench will leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a lot of express kids looking at 91…starters or bench kids? Rumor is that Express parents were not happy at the end of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the team, everyone else fighting for second

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42
Quick Reply