Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels also added 3-4 VERY good ones.

This gets said every year about every team. It doesn’t make a difference. Teams now get better by looking out of state. That’s what 91 and Express are able to do. And other LI clubs are not.

Not always true. Maybe for Express & 91.
Would not want my child on a team that chooses to recruit out of state players — who do not practice regularly with the team or have rapport with the other kids.
Coaches and programs should be looking to develop their current players instead of looking elsewhere for talent to play in tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This gets said every year about every team. It doesn’t make a difference. Teams now get better by looking out of state. That’s what 91 and Express are able to do. And other LI clubs are not.

Would not want my child on a team that chooses to recruit out of state players — who do not practice regularly with the team or have rapport with the other kids.
Coaches and programs should be looking to develop their current players instead of looking elsewhere for talent to play in tournaments.

Other teams CAN look out of state, and attract our of state talent.

Just because they don't, and spend time developing local talent makes them a better landing spot for my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are just fine but reality will set in soon. Expect the shift to express and 91 in the next year or two. Best players and best coaching draw in talent and like the NLF motto reads, iron sharpens iron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other teams CAN look out of state, and attract our of state talent.

Just because they don't, and spend time developing local talent makes them a better landing spot for my kid.

I agree. I was just making the point that this is the landscape. I wish most clubs would just have local teams that could practice together and National teams. Those lines have blurred in HS for clubs. And I would find it frustrating for myself and my son if he practiced all year and in the summer is on the bench for player that is from out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are just fine but reality will set in soon. Expect the shift to express and 91 in the next year or two. Best players and best coaching draw in talent and like the NLF motto reads, iron sharpens iron.

But NLF now has real competition with the Alliance. With S2S and Legacy representing LI.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs have to make money. they also need to market themselves. this is a business. they care about the kids when it's convenient to care about the kids... and that's only certain kids. we the parents helped to create this environment. People don't need to play with top clubs in order to grow and get better. there is a place for them at the right time if the kid is elite and has that potential. Parents aren't honest with themselves as it relates to their own kids. Club lacrosse has become a status symbol of sorts. directors are feasting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs have to make money. they also need to market themselves. this is a business. they care about the kids when it's convenient to care about the kids... and that's only certain kids. we the parents helped to create this environment. People don't need to play with top clubs in order to grow and get better. there is a place for them at the right time if the kid is elite and has that potential. Parents aren't honest with themselves as it relates to their own kids. Club lacrosse has become a status symbol of sorts. directors are feasting.

My favorite thing is the elimination of the concept of A teams and B teams. That is now AA and A. Or clubs that have one team and call them A and play in B brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S Should not be in any Large Invite Tourneys, they totally fell apart at all ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a kid? Hmmm, very interesting.
Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a kid 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?”

There are no guarantees, and things change drastically between now and HS. Enjoy the moment with your little peanut.

You’re the definition of a weirdo and I’m guessing you have pedophilia types of thoughts all day.

It’s a quote from a movie… a fantastic one at that. I found it hilarious….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a kid? Hmmm, very interesting.
Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a kid 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?”

There are no guarantees, and things change drastically between now and HS. Enjoy the moment with your little peanut.

You’re the definition of a weirdo and I’m guessing you have pedophilia types of thoughts all day.

It’s a quote from a movie… a fantastic one at that. I found it hilarious….

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a**, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how do things look post tryouts - did 91 take all the Igloo kids or did they go to Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
half of igloo went to express with the group of S2s kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8+ days players left 91
5 left shore
3 left igloo

Most went to express because the roster was empty. Big roster now and it will be a work in progress next season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does igloo even have a team to field in this age anymore if half left for express and presumably the other half merge with Legacy?

Express will be the teams to lookout for this year it seems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express has 2 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express has 2 teams

Yeah, they were loaded at tryouts with talent. They should be really good A and B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loaded with B team talent

all the kids 91 and igloo didn’t want merge to make 2 teams

and the s2s kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou Mr know ut all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Igloo kids are joining with legacy top kids to make a separate A team, Igloo B will be all igloo previous kids or new kids that tried out . Igloo is very money hungry these days, as are many clubs, stacking teams to max capacity at 27/28 and not looking to further develop these young players half of them wont see much time on the field at top tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is merely a rest stop for the better players in the age group. Express will steal a bunch at some point leading into the WS. This merger with legacy was just a ploy to keep existing players and parents from leaving. When is doesn't matriculate some will wise up and hit the road. Matter of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels lost way to much ..... They will be a weak A team by next year ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels added much more than lost, let's hope they play this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels lost way to much ..... They will be a weak A team by next year ....

Lost one piece, added good players and added top coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Express steals those igloo players, does the express A team roster become 35+ players? Or do they cut a bunch of the players they just took this year that thought ‘getting there first’ would pay off? Just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will steal players from all over, igloo is an easy target. We saw it with the 2029 team this past July. They will carry 30+ and have kids rover between black and orange (B) rosters. Nothing wrong with this, but hurts if you are player 14-15 and below on the depth chart. And they will play the best kids regardless, at least best in their minds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels lost one piece? They lost their best player by far. Now 91 has three of the top players for grade. Grab a few more from igloo next year and that will be a wrap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like it’s a wrap sooner than expected! Didnt see this coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will steal players from all over, igloo is an easy target. We saw it with the 2029 team this past July. They will carry 30+ and have kids rover between black and orange (B) rosters. Nothing wrong with this, but hurts if you are player 14-15 and below on the depth chart. And they will play the best kids regardless, at least best in their minds.

If you’re parent of a son that is in the bottom half of the roster and accept this, why? He is never moving up the depth chart on the team and you should find a fresh start with a team that he can be a starter on. It makes for better weekends watching your son play vs riding the bench. It still shocks me how people accept this. Travel overnight, sit in the sun all day, and have your son play 5 min. Your son will have more confidence playing in a game and succeeding vs being a AA practice player. The stuff that goes on at the HS level with some clubs with random out of state players just showing up a tourney is astounding. A kid nobody has ever seen or met, just shows up and plays. And the local player that went to every practice sits on the bench. And I don’t blame the clubs, they can run their business as they wish. I blame the customer that puts up with it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top 3 players ????

cmon they are 10!!!

def better players out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the other 2 players ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL ---- Rebels said they have top coaches .... What a joke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's HOPE 91 plays Rebels in Fall, 91 probably run scared. Rebels VS The Poaches, they cannot develop so they work the phones and offer past glory. Rebels are much better team now. One kid never changes that. 91, NO 31 Kids like usually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened? Little Johnny went to 91 tryout and got crushed again! Theirs alway next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat rebels last 2 times they played and just took their best player. Why would they run scared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are fine. Kids change teams, no one really cares.

91 dad/director on here trying to stir up trouble, Guess all those losses 91 had last season really got to him.

The kids are 10. All the teams should work on developing their talent at this age and parents should look for teams with a reasonable roster size where their kids are on the field.

No one is getting D1 offers next month. All that matters is your kid getting better and that won’t happen if he’s on the bench. Stick with a club with a reasonable roster size, who cares about all this notIntelligent chest-pounding about poaching 10 year-olds. Doesn’t matter at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hypocrite! Rebel parents are the worst at pounding their chest and cheerleading for their team. 91 dad is just telling you how it is and the hard truth. Agree, get better, but at the same time, dont come on here and act like your rebel team is the greatest. It’s a decent team, have fun, develop and enjoy. Rebel teams aren't winning t-shirts, hats, or medals. Just enjoy the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hypocrite! Rebel parents are the worst at pounding their chest and cheerleading for their team. 91 dad is just telling you how it is and the hard truth. Agree, get better, but at the same time, dont come on here and act like your rebel team is the greatest. It’s a decent team, have fun, develop and enjoy. Rebel teams aren't winning t-shirts, hats, or medals. Just enjoy the moment.

Sounds like someone needs to call the waaambulance for you. Weird how obsessed you are with Rebels….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify Valor has never used 31s as the previous poster is claiming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If families choose to leave a club, for what they perceive is a better opportunity, why is that poaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poaching at 2032? Give it a rest. Agree if a player leaves it’s because the grass is perceived to be greener elsewhere. In most cases the perception is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard