Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,551
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They brought a fair amount of kids from BTB. Didn’t work out

You mean Turtles/btb. Half the good rebels kids left when they joined six of one and half a dozen of the other. Only 2 or 3 remained this year.
Didn’t help out Legacy either. Maybe the Rush merge will.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until teams like surge s2s rebels btb igloo realize they are too watered down they will never beat 91 or chucks. Maybe a game here and there but 9-10 those teams win.
They should merge some of those teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are bringing in talent. No one wants to stand around and watch on the sidelines of a 30 player team

That’s what they said last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reclassing is going to shake up the 28’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reclassing is going to shake up the 28’s

Wow, what a massive statement.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s clear the air on some nonsense I have seen on here.

The rebels.
They were improving a couple of years ago. A few kids left that were good players. The coach also left. Nobody as far as I heard left on bad terms. They left for greener pastures. I’m not sure if the coach left on bad terms. The next year had a few more people leave. So their core was basically gone. On to BTB, express, and legacy over a two year span. Hard to recover from that. Also, class action suit over gloves? Give me a break! The owner is taking over the team. That much is true. Hopefully for them, they can be competitive at some level and get their athletes moving on to the next level. That’s what it’s about at this point anyway.

Legacy.
1 kid left two years ago for express. St. Anthony’s is where he will end up so it wasn’t a surprise. He was not being misused and was not riding the bench. Solid offensive player.
1 kid left last year for express. He was on venom prior. Maybe he was being misused. Maybe not. Ditto on St. Anthony’s. Solid offensive player.
1 kid left last year who was not getting playing time. And also ditto on St. Anthony’s. Solid defensive player.
See the pattern? If you can’t, here it is. 3 kids end up on express. Those 3 kids are also going to a private school in bed with express. Was that the reason for leaving? Unlike you people, I can admit when I’m making an assumption. I could be completely wrong but truth be told I’m not.

Express debacle.
Stop blaming the owner. If you thought your kid could hang with the black team and ended up on the orange team, he stopped putting in the work or wasn’t as good as you thought going into it. Lesson to be learned about tryouts moving forward. Pay as much attention to the rest of the kids as you do to your own kid. It was very obvious from tryouts who the top players were.

Surge.
Here you have a “B” team that constantly challenges themselves by entering tournaments where everyone knows they are gonna take a beating for some of the games. Yet some people on here still find a way to bash them? Ridiculous.

Beating venom or express.
It has nothing to do with other teams realizing they are watered down and making a correction. Someone actually said that teams like igloo, s2s, surge, etc need to come to some realization that their rosters need to be fixed moving into high school. Are you that uneducated about the lacrosse landscape on Long Island? There is no fix. There is not an infinite amount of elite players on Long Island. Unfortunately approximately 50-75% of them gravitate to two clubs year after year. The reasons are obvious but maybe some people on here need an education.
1. 91 and express are very connected to the two best high school lacrosse teams on Long Island. So the players that want to play on those two private schools feel the need to move there at or about 7th grade.
2. The other part of that 50-75% elite player grouping is aware of the above and want to be on the best teams moving forward. Unfortunately for some of them, they don’t realize that college coaches do not care about wins and losses. Playing time, being on man up or man down, etc are all more important.

Moving forward.
Several kids are going to reclass. Most of the reclasses will be on express and 91. Lots of worried parents realizing that Long Island is quickly becoming a has-been as the epicenter for lacrosse. And panic mode has set in. LuHi will have themselves a few repeat 8th graders next year.
A few out of state players will also find their way on to those teams as well, but most likely the following year.
And finally, kudos for the smart parent that pointed out that there will probably be more movement this year than last. That much will be true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zzzzzzzzz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rebels.
They were improving a couple of years ago. A few kids left that were good players. The coach also left. Nobody as far as I heard left on bad terms. They left for greener pastures. I’m not sure if the coach left on bad terms. The next year had a few more people leave. So their core was basically gone. On to BTB, express, and legacy over a two year span. Hard to recover from that. Also, class action suit over gloves? Give me a break! The owner is taking over the team. That much is true. Hopefully for them, they can be competitive at some level and get their athletes moving on to the next level. That’s what it’s about at this point anyway.

Legacy.
1 kid left two years ago for express. St. Anthony’s is where he will end up so it wasn’t a surprise. He was not being misused and was not riding the bench. Solid offensive player.
1 kid left last year for express. He was on venom prior. Maybe he was being misused. Maybe not. Ditto on St. Anthony’s. Solid offensive player.
1 kid left last year who was not getting playing time. And also ditto on St. Anthony’s. Solid defensive player.
See the pattern? If you can’t, here it is. 3 kids end up on express. Those 3 kids are also going to a private school in bed with express. Was that the reason for leaving? Unlike you people, I can admit when I’m making an assumption. I could be completely wrong but truth be told I’m not.

Express debacle.
Stop blaming the owner. If you thought your kid could hang with the black team and ended up on the orange team, he stopped putting in the work or wasn’t as good as you thought going into it. Lesson to be learned about tryouts moving forward. Pay as much attention to the rest of the kids as you do to your own kid. It was very obvious from tryouts who the top players were.

Surge.
Here you have a “B” team that constantly challenges themselves by entering tournaments where everyone knows they are gonna take a beating for some of the games. Yet some people on here still find a way to bash them? Ridiculous.

It has nothing to do with other teams realizing they are watered down and making a correction. Someone actually said that teams like igloo, s2s, surge, etc need to come to some realization that their rosters need to be fixed moving into high school. Are you that uneducated about the lacrosse landscape on Long Island? There is no fix. There is not an infinite amount of elite players on Long Island. Unfortunately approximately 50-75% of them gravitate to two clubs year after year. The reasons are obvious but maybe some people on here need an education.
1. 91 and express are very connected to the two best high school lacrosse teams on Long Island. So the players that want to play on those two private schools feel the need to move there at or about 7th grade.
2. The other part of that 50-75% elite player grouping is aware of the above and want to be on the best teams moving forward. Unfortunately for some of them, they don’t realize that college coaches do not care about wins and losses. Playing time, being on man up or man down, etc are all more important.

Moving forward.
Several kids are going to reclass. Most of the reclasses will be on express and 91. Lots of worried parents realizing that Long Island is quickly becoming a has-been as the epicenter for lacrosse. And panic mode has set in. LuHi will have themselves a few repeat 8th graders next year.
A few out of state players will also find their way on to those teams as well, but most likely the following year.
And finally, kudos for the smart parent that pointed out that there will probably be more movement this year than last. That much will be true.

Whoa thanks for clearing the air on all this. Would have been lost without you.
Btw pretty sure the class action comment was thrown at express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rebels.

Legacy.

Express debacle.

Surge.

Moving forward.
They lost more than to Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forget the goalie and the LSM. For some reason (maybe because of the dad), they cut the goalie loose. LSM’s dad saw legacy for what it was and got him the heck out. There’s another attackman who started at 91 who left legacy for express. Both get a lot of playing time after little time last year at legacy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forget the goalie and the LSM. For some reason (maybe because of the dad), they cut the goalie loose. LSM’s dad saw legacy for what it was and got him the heck out. There’s another attackman who started at 91 who left legacy for express. Both get a lot of playing time after little time last year at legacy.
He didn’t start at 91 he caused issues at 91 and then left to legacy causing an issue with the goalie dad in there town and then he got told told he son won’t make Legacy to find another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rebels.

Legacy.

Express debacle.

Surge.

Moving forward.

Tell us you have no life in 10,000 words or less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t merge all of those teams because where would all the goalies go?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting…gotta love small town politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know who writes some of this stuff. You could be standing on the sideline of the person who has all this information. But nobody will own it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is age where Express and 91 start to separate a bit. So what. Winning and being on the top team is great. However, there is a lot to say for the right situation at this point. This is last time you should team switch. Based on experience playing time is the most important thing in the HS years..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rebels.

Legacy.

Express debacle.

Surge.

Moving forward.

Tell us you have no life in 10,000 words or less.

I told you in a lot less than 10,000 words some misconceptions. You told all of us in less than 20 that you believe you are holier than thou. Coming on here spewing insults as if you didn’t read every one of those less than 10,000 words very carefully. Please look in the mirror. You and every other person that comes on here to follow the latest gossip. And now, you unfortunately find yourself in a little catch 22. Ignore the deep urge to respond and prove a point or stoop to the low level of those you throw stones at. Balls in your court.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is terrible ..... They play in b-level tourneys .... Only competed in one tournament because they brought in venom kids. While other teams were short handed. Their F/O kid bounced to Express mid season ..... Any kid who plays there has realized there is no shot at playing D1 ball .....

Surge can’t be that bad, lost by only 1 goal to the chucks at the gauntlet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them play a bit at gauntlet, def not a bad team. Not sure why they get so much grief here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a good team and that’s a great accomplishment for that team, the only grief I see them getting here is because someone who posts always claims that they never use venom kids, but they have in the past and we all know that to be true, and in this full season it’s been more than just the FO kid. It’s fine and dandy, all clubs do it, legacy east won a tournament because they brought a bunch of lumberjax kids, express orange etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a good team and that’s a great accomplishment for that team, the only grief I see them getting here is because someone who posts always claims that they never use venom kids, but they have in the past and we all know that to be true, and in this full season it’s been more than just the FO kid. It’s fine and dandy, all clubs do it, legacy east won a tournament because they brought a bunch of lumberjax kids, express orange etc

Surge parent here, we have borrowed when needed yes, but frequent in any regard. once was a pole or 2 as a couple of our top poles were injured (not venoms top poles, and if anyone knows the surge team they know the defense is extremely strong, so their help wasn't a game changer). This weekend we had our team and no fogo. One of our mids and 2 poles took all the faceoffs. We didn't win games, but we showed why we deserved to be there. Lots of really close games with top teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge parent here, we have borrowed when needed yes, but frequent in any regard. once was a pole or 2 as a couple of our top poles were injured (not venoms top poles, and if anyone knows the surge team they know the defense is extremely strong, so their help wasn't a game changer). This weekend we had our team and no fogo. One of our mids and 2 poles took all the faceoffs. We didn't win games, but we showed why we deserved to be there. Lots of really close games with top teams

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express orange-seriously? Disgusting showing in CT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly all clubs do it
I've seen plenty of posts of "teams" winning the championship with players who are older playing down or are on the higher team of a program. I love now when parents claim their son could technically play down so it's okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express orange-seriously? Disgusting showing in CT

What was disgusting? The coaching or the players effort?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd level Express are good at most ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching? There is none. The guy who coaches orange isn’t at practice all week, that’s the old man, old man’s sons and JG. There’s no coaching going on. Could hear a mouse fart it’s so quiet. The kids try, but there’s no direction, so I don’t fault them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?????

The Express B team at the 2025 level is horrid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?????

Another useless comment and conversation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read so many messages on this message board and I'm astounded at the idiocy that exists surrounding youth lacrosse. if your kid is having fun, getting better, plays competitive.... why does anyone care? hold your kid back or don't. Reclass or don't. Play for Team 91 / Express or don't. Every team has pros and cons. Every single one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?????

Another useless comment and conversation

If you're on this board looking for useful information you're in the wrong place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read so many messages on this message board and I'm astounded at the idiocy that exists surrounding youth lacrosse. if your kid is having fun, getting better, plays competitive.... why does anyone care? hold your kid back or don't. Reclass or don't. Play for Team 91 / Express or don't. Every team has pros and cons. Every single one.

This guy doesn’t get it. It starts now. Reclass, PG year, Red Shirt, play D1, go pro, make 40k a year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RUSH roadrunners or should I say adrenaline, with a classless move today. Don’t bring your top team to a B tournament. Congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RUSH roadrunners or should I say adrenaline, with a classless move today. Don’t bring your top team to a B tournament. Congrats

Many clubs cheated at that tourney...Rush had Adrenaline players, the Florida Blue Crabs had Express Chucks (black) players and Legacy East (28) had 27s playing with them (different ones each day after supposedly getting into trouble on the first day)
Until parents and players stop, this will continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush has a top team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush has a top team??

Wow, total disrespect. That’s why they have to merge with legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Angry Dune Dawg dad, it’s ok, you will be ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many clubs cheated at that tourney...Rush had Adrenaline players, the Florida Blue Crabs had Express Chucks (black) players and Legacy East (28) had 27s playing with them (different ones each day after supposedly getting into trouble on the first day)

I'm not saying that they were all legal but you do know that some 2027s are technically allowed to play with 2028s right? Birthdays matter in lacrosse. Apparently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not saying that they were all legal but you do know that some 2027s are technically allowed to play with 2028s right? Birthdays matter in lacrosse. Apparently.

Yes, they can play on that team if their birthday falls between September and December, but they're supposed to stay with a team that is their graduating year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard