BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts394,372
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TG made playoffs winning only 1 of 4 games in a tough bracket
YJ made playoffs playing absolutely no one and beating no one by 1 goal to get there. Lost to heroes 6-1 in a short playoff game
MD pretty much ran the show as per usual vs LI as
Championship game was Heroes vs M&D

Remember to check your work before hitting submit. The "I meant to say.." post is going to be cringey. But we get it. You were put in too hard of a bracket. It should be adjusted for you for the next tournament.

Ya 91, start doing YJ math. Play in a lower bracket so you can say you made it to the play off’s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't 91s best player actually a 2030 who will eventually play down on her own team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey MD parent what team are you? Own it. Sounding more like a TG parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91, can you give us a traffic report on the GWB? Some of the Li teams will be following you in a few hours.

Hope this is not a YJ parent talking. Do you need some Neosporin for those wounds you took from Hero’s

I'm not a YJ parent, but I think that losing to the top team in the country is one that any team can psychologically resolve pretty quickly. Being the number 2 team in the country and losing to three out of four teams you've played, not making the playoffs, and not covering your expected goal differential in more than 50% of the games you've played this year...that one is a bit harder to resolve. It'll sting a bit more when you see next week's rankings. Perhaps today would have been the day for you to take a break from this website and be a bit humble.

From a post on the Mid Atlantic forum...

Don’t be surprised when they are still second. The LI bias was so strong in fall that it will allow 91 to go 1-3 and stay at the top.

Not to mention the half game playoff games hurt the teams who made it to playoffs goal diff. The system is flawed because it doesn’t account for the half a game playoffs. A 4 goal win in the playoff which is half a game shouldn’t be counted the same as a full game 4 goal win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91, can you give us a traffic report on the GWB? Some of the Li teams will be following you in a few hours.

Hope this is not a YJ parent talking. Do you need some Neosporin for those wounds you took from Hero’s

I'm not a YJ parent, but I think that losing to the top team in the country is one that any team can psychologically resolve pretty quickly. Being the number 2 team in the country and losing to three out of four teams you've played, not making the playoffs, and not covering your expected goal differential in more than 50% of the games you've played this year...that one is a bit harder to resolve. It'll sting a bit more when you see next week's rankings. Perhaps today would have been the day for you to take a break from this website and be a bit humble.

Don’t be surprised when they are still second. The LI bias was so strong in fall that it will allow 91 to go 1-3 and stay at the top.

Not to mention the half game playoff games hurt the teams who made it to playoffs goal diff. The system is flawed because it doesn’t account for the half a game playoffs. A 4 goal win in the playoff which is half a game shouldn’t be counted the same as a full game 4 goal win.

I read this post at its source and the person erroneously speaks of a “LI bias” that does not exist. His theory is that Long Island teams start with a higher strength rating than anyone else because he is unaware of how it actually works. He’s right about how the playoff games shouldn’t require the same differential. But they do. Rating is average goal differential + average opponent strength. Both sides of 91’s gut were hit in the last two weeks in these areas. No chance they stay in #2. TG is the only team that will move up in ranking. Stay cautious of the MD posts. They’ll try to gaslight you into thinking their kids are all 11 years old through high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG made playoffs winning only 1 of 4 games in a tough bracket
YJ made playoffs playing absolutely no one and beating no one by 1 goal to get there. Lost to heroes 6-1 in a short playoff game
MD pretty much ran the show as per usual vs LI as
Championship game was Heroes vs M&D

Remember to check your work before hitting submit. The "I meant to say.." post is going to be cringey. But we get it. You were put in too hard of a bracket. It should be adjusted for you for the next tournament.

Ya 91, start doing YJ math. Play in a lower bracket so you can say you made it to the play off’s.

If you were correctly slotted as number 2 in the country than you also were playing in a lower bracket. Nobody other than Hero’s should have beaten you. But? You were number two from the bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read this post at its source and the person erroneously speaks of a “LI bias” that does not exist. His theory is that Long Island teams start with a higher strength rating than anyone else because he is unaware of how it actually works. He’s right about how the playoff games shouldn’t require the same differential. But they do. Rating is average goal differential + average opponent strength. Both sides of 91’s gut were hit in the last two weeks in these areas. No chance they stay in #2. TG is the only team that will move up in ranking. Stay cautious of the MD posts. They’ll try to gaslight you into thinking their kids are all 11 years old through high school.

I think this person may be correct with 91 staying second. If so, there is a huge flaw somewhere in the rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this person may be correct with 91 staying second. If so, there is a huge flaw somewhere in the rankings.

Well? What are you basing it on? Because the formula for determining rating has 91 and Coppermine within .02 of each other after the weekend before their competitors scores are adjusted. This will be a close one- not a flaw in the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well? What are you basing it on? Because the formula for determining rating has 91 and Coppermine within .02 of each other after the weekend before their competitors scores are adjusted. This will be a close one- not a flaw in the system.

So you are agreeing they may remain second after going 0-3 against top 5 teams. They are no 1-6 against top 5 teams (0ne win against NXT). They blow out bad teams, raise their goal diff. That's the flaw in the system. Too much weight on goal differential not to mention not enough common opponents in fall so the strength of schedule is out of whack. By the time summer comes the mid Atlantic tams have played 30 games so goal diff moves only a little. Team 91 is maybe the 7th-8th best team.

The eye test says the top teams are;

Heros
M&D/Coppermine
Coppermine/M&D
NXT
Top Guns
Eagle Stix
Monster
YJ/91
91/YJ
Integrity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are agreeing they may remain second after going 0-3 against top 5 teams. They are no 1-6 against top 5 teams (0ne win against NXT). They blow out bad teams, raise their goal diff. That's the flaw in the system. Too much weight on goal differential not to mention not enough common opponents in fall so the strength of schedule is out of whack. By the time summer comes the mid Atlantic tams have played 30 games so goal diff moves only a little. Team 91 is maybe the 7th-8th best team.

Heros
M&D/Coppermine
Coppermine/M&D
NXT
Top Guns
Eagle Stix
Monster
YJ/91
91/YJ
Integrity

I think the system in place is a good one only because it’s not some sort of tournament structure where if team A beats team B it’s ranked higher than them. I don’t criticize the goal differential component as much as I could say the SCHED score emphasis has some potential flaws. Playing in an NGLL league or only showing up to a few high profile tournaments has benefitted some teams regardless of score. But I guess that’s where the differential comes into play to make it fair(er).

Some of the teams on your list have been blown out by the strong LI teams in years past and it’s also impossible to order them all “by sight” if they don’t all show up to the same events. The real flaw in the system is teams only registering for events that feed their directors. A level playing field would be nice to see rather than trying to figure out how blowing out everyone in LaxFest compares to beating everyone by 1 point in Maryland. When they bite the bullet and register for something that people go to, they often feel the benefits (such as TG this weekend).

Your team order isn’t far from correct, but it also isn’t far from just regurgitating USCL’s findings with an actual calculation. Every top ten team could beat the other if the wind blows right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros
M&D/Coppermine
Coppermine/M&D
NXT
Top Guns
Eagle Stix
Monster
YJ/91
91/YJ
Integrity

If they beat TG just 2 weeks ago 11-2, beat them in the fall and in fact have never once lost to them ever, how do you justify putting TG ahead of them? LMAO. Seems like their place atm s/b 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros
M&D/Coppermine
Coppermine/M&D
NXT
Top Guns
Eagle Stix
Monster
YJ/91
91/YJ
Integrity

If they beat TG just 2 weeks ago 11-2, beat them in the fall and in fact have never once lost to them ever, how do you justify putting TG ahead of them? LMAO. Seems like their place atm s/b 4

5th at best… they are not better then Heros, M&D, Coppermine or NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the All LI games yesterday? Watched some on the stream, lots of 29s and 30s. Was it fun for your girls and was playing time evenly distributed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has the best players at every position. Very obvious at the All Long Island games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And… as expected rankings are flawed. 91 gained on Heros. Joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for offense defense and goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely flawed. How is Friedman ahead of monsters eagle stix and TG. 91 still at #2 is awful. These kids might as well not play these tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely flawed. How is Friedman ahead of monsters eagle stix and TG. 91 still at #2 is awful. These kids might as well not play these tournaments

91 lost all their games and stays at #2 lol, that’s strange math.
Friedman will dropped by the end of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 lost all their games and stays at #2 lol, that’s strange math.
Friedman will dropped by the end of the summer.

After seeing how some of you write, the confusion on how to add average goal differential to average opponent strength isn't a surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The math is really easy. 91
MD Black: were supposed to win by 1 lost by 3
Integrity: were supposed to win by 3.5 won by 2
Heroes: were supposed to lose by 1 lost by 1 (wash)
Coppermine: were supposed to win by 1 lost by 6

Friedman:
MD United: were supposed to win by 3 won by 1
Pride: were supposed to win by 4 won by 1
Urban: were supposed to win by 3 won by 1
TG purple: were supposed to win by 10 won by 5
Heroes: were supposed to lose by 3 lost by 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The math is really easy. 91
MD Black: were supposed to win by 1 lost by 3
Integrity: were supposed to win by 3.5 won by 2
Heroes: were supposed to lose by 1 lost by 1 (wash)
Coppermine: were supposed to win by 1 lost by 6

Friedman:
MD United: were supposed to win by 3 won by 1
Pride: were supposed to win by 4 won by 1
Urban: were supposed to win by 3 won by 1
TG purple: were supposed to win by 10 won by 5
Heroes: were supposed to lose by 3 lost by 5

I’m missing your use of one thing here for this example of “easy” math: an equation.

And what exactly is this even supposed to be? A comparison between 91 and Friedman? Why? Nobody even brought that up.

You left about 50 direct matchups and 300 indirect matchups that go into the equation of season-long goal differential plus season-long opponent power rating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think what they are trying to say is that after last week there is no way that 91 should still be ranked #2 and Friedman #6 right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think what they are trying to say is that after last week there is no way that 91 should still be ranked #2 and Friedman #6 right?

I can think of one way…by using the real equation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash - these rankings matter only to the men on this board who couldn’t play baseball in the 90s (and hence played lacrosse) and who are now living through their daughters. 7th grade rankings matter exactly zero percent. It’s notIntelligent they even have them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash - these rankings matter only to the men on this board who couldn’t play baseball in the 90s (and hence played lacrosse) and who are now living through their daughters. 7th grade rankings matter exactly zero percent. It’s notIntelligent they even have them.

Oh- get over yourself. You wouldn’t be on this website if you were taking the high road on valuing 7th grade lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams have no business in the top 10. They all @ChillLaxin. They have all lost multiple times to better teams. 2 and 6, that’s a joke. TG is horrendous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I say this all the team. These kids have to deal with men who peaked in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91, do they charge you for the full day pass or the half day pass at Hershey when you get there before noon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn’t do terrible. Tied the #3 team, beat the #4 team. Didn’t do great on last game - they’re 12 YO girls… it happens… get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the secret to these MD teams. Do they practice 5 days a week? All year long? How can LI teams challenge these teams better?

Maybe one of the trolling MD parents can chime in since they frequent this board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if that is a serious question. The difference is age. MD girls are bigger stronger and faster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the secret to these MD teams. Do they practice 5 days a week? All year long? How can LI teams challenge these teams better?

Maybe one of the trolling MD parents can chime in since they frequent this board
They didn’t do terrible. Tied the #3 team, beat the #4 team. Didn’t do great on last game - they’re 12 YO girls… it happens… get a life.

It is not every day that you can respond to two completely different posts with one statement:

14 in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get it - the teams in MD are 14 while the NY teams half are 12 and half are 13. They are definitely younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get it - the teams in MD are 14 while the NY teams half are 12 and half are 13. They are definitely younger.

Right and what you're going to get next is a bunch of MD parents coming here telling you that this is inaccurate. They won't update their child's HUDL account to include the DOB, they won't qualify for some of the tournaments that require proof of birth year, but they'll tell you that it's not true that Maryland has different age cutoffs for school enrollment and that middle school "holdbacks" don't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is 91 National still in the rankings? Doesn’t seem right to play 1/2 dozen games, jump to the rosters of other teams, and your results remain in the rankings to hold a position that’s deserved by another team. And for those results to effect the sched score and differential of other teams- such as Urban Elite and everyone that they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are irrelevant. Agree National Teams shouldn’t be included so make a new list on here without.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right and what you're going to get next is a bunch of MD parents coming here telling you that this is inaccurate. They won't update their child's HUDL account to include the DOB, they won't qualify for some of the tournaments that require proof of birth year, but they'll tell you that it's not true that Maryland has different age cutoffs for school enrollment and that middle school "holdbacks" don't happen.

My daughter has done camps and other events with Maryland girls. Is friends with them on social media. A lot of them post about their birthday. Half of Heros is 14. They will claim they were held back in kindergarten for development. M&D has several and Coppermine several. But Heros is a team full of holdbacks. It’s like it’s a requirement to play for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is 91 National still in the rankings? Doesn’t seem right to play 1/2 dozen games, jump to the rosters of other teams, and your results remain in the rankings to hold a position that’s deserved by another team. And for those results to effect the sched score and differential of other teams- such as Urban Elite and everyone that they play.

Everyone is looking for any reason to garbage 91. They’re winning, they’re happy, the coaches are training and molding better players by the day. I mean how would any LI team compete with one of the greatest men lax players and a d1 all American who clearly love the sport and their team?

Stop worrying about rankings and start worrying about what your daughters team is doing or not doing for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares - the entire thing is notIntelligent for 13 YOs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard