BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,759
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a parent on that team too and it hasn't been a very fun year. Losing our better players really hurt us. We're looking into other clubs for next season. I think the best options besides Venom and Chucks, are Legacy, which will be a struggle for field time since their merging with Rush, S2S, and Surge. BTB took a step back and I'm not sure what to make of igloo. Any insight would be very helpful. thank you in advance

I’ll give you the best insight I can as I have friends who have kids on most teams.

The first thing is going to be an incoming of out of state and holdbacks to 91 and Express for HS

I’ll do them in my anticipated power ratings for next year

Express - they’ll be the top draw for the chucks black team but buyer beware, confirm how many are accepted onto the team so they don’t pull the same shenanigans as last year, welcome you’re invited to the chucks, you and 70 others, I had friends invited to the “chucks” that couldn’t make any other aa teams and it made more sense when the truth came out

91 Venom - it will be interesting to the see the movement between 91 and express this year, either way they’ll be a top squad

Legrush AA - top legacy and rush kids with many others coming to try out, it should be a top team

S2s - seems to be struggling lately

91 Surge - good core players, but will struggle vs top teams

Igloo Northmen - seems to have been doing better lately, very large roster

Legrush A - if they can retain most with some new faces they should be competitive, just not be top teams

Btb- has also been struggling lately, but I know they’re looking for some upgrades , they’ll put lots of work in

Gsb - some talented kids, lots of training

Igloo frost - tons of work put into this team

True Blue - some talented kids, can they draw some new kids and retain the better kids?

ECE - decent squad for south Suffolk

Rebels - sinking ship in aa 2028

True Long Island - a simple google search will tell you how terrible this company is, avoid at all costs

How is legacy east or express east? Do they still exist for this age?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they even announce a tryout date for the Rush/legacy teams?

The second team may be a good option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush & Legecy = LUSH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy east is a b team, express east failed at 2028, just like empire

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is looking to make a comeback. I think some rebel kids are going there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Legacy East for this age group is falling apart - they have to bring in players from other teams to field a team at tourneys. Some kids aren't returning after this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right but Legacy East always gets competitive as the boys get to high school. And PM does a lot to get his boys recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent on that team too and it hasn't been a very fun year. Losing our better players really hurt us. We're looking into other clubs for next season. I think the best options besides Venom and Chucks, are Legacy, which will be a struggle for field time since their merging with Rush, S2S, and Surge. BTB took a step back and I'm not sure what to make of igloo. Any insight would be very helpful. thank you in advance

I’ll give you the best insight I can as I have friends who have kids on most teams.

The first thing is going to be an incoming of out of state and holdbacks to 91 and Express for HS

Express - they’ll be the top draw for the chucks black team but buyer beware, confirm how many are accepted onto the team so they don’t pull the same shenanigans as last year, welcome you’re invited to the chucks, you and 70 others, I had friends invited to the “chucks” that couldn’t make any other aa teams and it made more sense when the truth came out

91 Venom - it will be interesting to the see the movement between 91 and express this year, either way they’ll be a top squad

Legrush AA - top legacy and rush kids with many others coming to try out, it should be a top team

Legrush A - if they can retain most with some new faces they should be competitive, just not be top teams

Btb- has also been struggling lately, but I know they’re looking for some upgrades , they’ll put lots of work in

True Blue - some talented kids, can they draw some new kids and retain the better kids?

True Long Island - a simple google search will tell you how terrible this company is, avoid at all costs

91 and Express will both be good as always.
LEG/Rush- Not Good at 2025 and wont work here either
Igloo has improved each year and will be solid again
BTB are a few pieces away and came from no where 2 years ago but will their best players stay and let it develop
True is trying to buy its way into the market w a bad Director
True Blue seems to be rock solid and mid level team
ECE I am not familiar with
S2S has been a good team for years now and will continue to be
Rebels let a solid crew dismantle and they need help and cant afford to lose the core again
Igloo Frost has improved
LEG/Rush B team if they have one will compete with other B teams
GSB seems to be a bunch of grinders
91 Surge has improved recently- will some 91 Venom kids that dont make it back play w them???
Express Black/Orange or anyone other than CHUCKS- paying too much for the sweatshirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTB/GSB WHITE AND S2S…who’s your top pick?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BTB are a few pieces away and came from no where 2 years ago but will their best players stay and let it develop
Rebels let a solid crew dismantle and they need help and cant afford to lose the core again
Igloo Frost has improved
91 Surge has improved recently- will some 91 Venom kids that dont make it back play w them???
Express Black/Orange or anyone other than CHUCKS- paying too much for the sweatshirt.

Weird take.
Legacy and rush teams in this age group are stronger than the two that combined for 25s. But who knows who will leave or come so anyone’s guess.
S2S has struggled as of late.
Unfortunately rebels lost their core already two years ago. 91 venom kids that get cut will most likely not go to surge.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Frost has improved

Weird take.
Legacy and rush teams in this age group are stronger than the two that combined for 25s. But who knows who will leave or come so anyone’s guess.
Unfortunately rebels lost their core already two years ago. 91 venom kids that get cut will most likely not go to surge.
Ok Rush parent beware Lush has their team already picked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Frost has improved

Weird take.
Ok Rush parent beware Lush has their team already picked.

I would agree Rush legacy already has the team picked for the most part. In my opinion it will be good and give express and venom a run for their money.

Hold back situation could be interesting and could have kids moving.

Goalie spots will be very interesting.

Hard to predict if other teams will lose key players so it’s anyone’s guess how teams will look come fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legrush at 2025 was a disaster imho. Tried three teams red, white and blue. Blue immediately folded, white was good year one, and now is just an afterthought. For example, the directors sent them to a AA tourney this past weekend and it was not good. The red team is good for a top team, but would never compete with any team in the top 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom parents would rather their kid on the sideline and say they’re on the top team than go somewhere where they would actually contribute and have fun. There were a lot of upset parents at tri star. At least you guys didn’t have to drive to Delaware to watch other kids play over yours. #youshouldbeplayingmeaningfulminutes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legrush at 2025 was a disaster imho. Tried three teams red, white and blue. Blue immediately folded, white was good year one, and now is just an afterthought. For example, the directors sent them to a AA tourney this past weekend and it was not good. The red team is good for a top team, but would never compete with any team in the top 25.

Prior to that merger, the teams were really not as competitive as after. Afterwards they had a better AA team and a better second team than either team had the year before. Does not sound like a disaster to me. They will make a more competitive team and fill in the gaps that both teams have. I don’t think any of the owners or coaches or parents think this merger will have them beating up 2way next year. I would imagine the goals are making a better team, and also creating a second team that allows kids currently not playing too much to have a bigger role and develop. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom parents would rather their kid on the sideline and say they’re on the top team than go somewhere where they would actually contribute and have fun. There were a lot of upset parents at tri star. At least you guys didn’t have to drive to Delaware to watch other kids play over yours. #youshouldbeplayingmeaningfulminutes

This probably coming from an Express parent. #trolljob

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like expresz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What drives you to post this weirdo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember Turtejaxs legacy merged with Turtles look how well that worked out for them and now they merge again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prior to that merger, the teams were really not as competitive as after. Afterwards they had a better AA team and a better second team than either team had the year before. Does not sound like a disaster to me. They will make a more competitive team and fill in the gaps that both teams have. I don’t think any of the owners or coaches or parents think this merger will have them beating up 2way next year. I would imagine the goals are making a better team, and also creating a second team that allows kids currently not playing too much to have a bigger role and develop. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I’ll pass, thanks for the sales pitch. Good try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Shore? We’re they missing players last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s also hard to avoid parent politics in situations like this. I don’t understand this for Legacy. I have never been part of the organization, but never heard anything really negative for “Legacy” teams. Zummo does a great job. And they have had elite teams over the years. Especially Taz teams.. But then had the best 25 team st the onset and that team got derailed and led to Legrush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s also hard to avoid parent politics in situations like this. I don’t understand this for Legacy. I have never been part of the organization, but never heard anything really negative for “Legacy” teams. Zummo does a great job. And they have had elite teams over the years. Especially Taz teams.. But then had the best 25 team st the onset and that team got derailed and led to Legrush.

He may do a great job but they are not close to venom or express and they think they should be.

As for Rush they are hard to figure out. The past 2 weekends they played predators and a depleted Rebels team. First game to preds they lose 8-1 then beat them by 2 in champ game. Rebels beat preds 9-8, then go on to lose to preds big 14-1,9-1. Then Rush beat rebels 5-2 fairly close following week beat them 13-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s sounds like the surge coach had the strong say with the Suffolk team, having a travel coach in the age group in that position can only lead to favoritism. Kids from the top teams were cut and kids from b teams were accepted

Surge is not a b team if that's what you're referring to.

What are they?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right but Legacy East always gets competitive as the boys get to high school. And PM does a lot to get his boys recruited.

Isn’t legacy east new? How could they “always” do anything if they are new??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many on venom roster? I don’t hear that kids don’t play on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember Turtejaxs legacy merged with Turtles look how well that worked out for them and now they merge again.

They also seemed to have merged with 3 village last year. Will those kids be on top team? Or is there not enough room with all the islip kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge should be a B team. Very inconsistent and poorly coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is better than some of these "A" teams. Prob the 5th best team on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why the b bracket at tristar? 1 goal wins vs true blue and Frost…. Not exactly screaming top 5

Yes a good team, but let’s keep it real

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all play, relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feedback on S2S, BTB and GSB white?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all play, relax.

NOT ALL, Come watch a playoff game, 15 play, 10 don't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why the b bracket at tristar? 1 goal wins vs true blue and Frost…. Not exactly screaming top 5

Yes a good team, but let’s keep it real

Surge and BBL North should have been in the AA bracket but was told there were too many teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all play, relax.

NOT ALL, Come watch a playoff game, 15 play, 10 don't

That’s every team, why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because you're painting a picture that's not very accurate. I guess we'll see what happens at tryouts, I think some parents had enough of their kid on the sideline when the games matter the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North v 2Way for the Naptown championship!

Repeat of the World Series last year except now all the holdbacks are on the roster.

Should be fun. Both teams ran a gauntlet to get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North ran no gauntlet playing zone defense all weekend. That is weak lacrosse. Man up and play man to man

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t legacy east new? How could they “always” do anything if they are new??

Not new. Has gone by a few different names over the years. I think their 2024 team was the first/oldest to be under the Legacy East name but it might have been the 2023s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Lax Showcase had multiple 91 coaches as well as Express. Many deserving kids cut that play on the wrong teams in favor of the top 2 clubs lesser AA to B team
players. Don’t be surprised if the future money stops flowing in as the LI showcase/Excelsior Games have become so political. My kid was not there. You know who the players are from watching them for years and some of the cuts and the kids that made it are shocking. If you want to take people’s money the coaches should be Independent of the clubs.

Wish. There was a venom kid who don’t get me wrong, he is a good player, but didn’t see field much and didnt make an impact play during second tryout. Yet he was selected. Not fair for kids on “wrong” team or without a parent /coach connection.
But we all know it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard