BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,752
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 272 of 278 1 2 270 271 272 273 274 277 278
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

wachoo talking ‘bout Willis??
I am new here and seems I should have hit the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button for more reply specificity.

I was speaking to cooment from the gentleman overly concerned about the leading edge goalie.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look forward to finding out tomorrow that it was actually Supreme Nationals Monuments who were at Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

I am new here and seems I should have hit the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button for more reply specificity.

I was speaking to cooment from the gentleman overly concerned about the leading edge goalie.

The problem with Leading Edge continuing to use an illegal player is that it makes their whole roster suspect. The goalie is easy to notice, but if they are that dishonest, of course there are more. It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in.
I could care less whether the kid and family are nice. if he is going into 10th grade he can't play in a grade based event for 2028's, without being a cheater. Shame on the program, the parents, AND the kid, he is old enough to know better.
And I call out the cheaters exactly because I do care about my own kid - I want him playing in events where others follow the rules, rather than make up their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell sells everyone a bag of goods. I believe we counted 34 kids on the field today, and only about 20 played. I also think there were nine poles. What are these parents thinking? I spoke to one of them, and he didn't announce the roster until Sunday night, and no one had any idea that so many kids were on the roster.
I am sure there will be another mass exodus after this summer, just like last.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with Leading Edge continuing to use an illegal player is that it makes their whole roster suspect. The goalie is easy to notice, but if they are that dishonest, of course there are more. It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in.
I could care less whether the kid and family are nice. if he is going into 10th grade he can't play in a grade based event for 2028's, without being a cheater. Shame on the program, the parents, AND the kid, he is old enough to know better.
And I call out the cheaters exactly because I do care about my own kid - I want him playing in events where others follow the rules, rather than make up their own.

If this is True, pretty sad state of Lacrosse for Leading Edge

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell sells everyone a bag of goods. I believe we counted 34 kids on the field today, and only about 20 played. I also think there were nine poles. What are these parents thinking? I spoke to one of them, and he didn't announce the roster until Sunday night, and no one had any idea that so many kids were on the roster.

The man is a legend in Lacrosse community and continues to field top teams. Not sure there is anything wrong with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job parents..............$500 for a uniform for your kid to ride the pine and lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The man is a legend in Lacrosse community and continues to field top teams. Not sure there is anything wrong with that

Best. Troll. Ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best. Troll. Ever.

He drives players away in droves but he always manages to line up more suckers, oops I mean players, and his supply seems endless. Thirty four players is mind blowing. Lately his teams seem to be losing more, but I bet he has been making a seven figure income for decades. He must be doing something right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best. Troll. Ever.

He drives players away in droves but he always manages to line up more suckers, oops I mean players, and his supply seems endless. Thirty four players is mind blowing. Lately his teams seem to be losing more, but I bet he has been making a seven figure income for decades. He must be doing something right.

Like many here I know or have spoken casually along the sidelines with a few of the parents who cycle through. They're usually well-heeled, not from this area but within 50-200 miles for the most part, not much going on in their areas so I see the draw. It's the shock of seeing 30+ on the sidelines that gets most of them feeling like chumps. And they didn't know. They're not @ChillLaxin or unsophisticated, by and large nice people trying to help their kids. You can take that fact pattern in a number of directions, but for my part it just makes me see Cabell is a lacrosse PT Barnum, who was both a savvy businessman and a total charlatan. His own kids on all his teams never left the field, and frankly none of them was anything but undersized and slightly above average in skill and talent, so maybe that also makes him a great dad, but also a fraudster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't at Naptown but just looked at the scores. Hawks 12 v Madlax 1?! Wow. I remember when those two teams use to battle each other. If u don't think keeping players together over the long haul and playing them even if they are on the smaller side doesn't work, just look at that game. ML has always traded up for size (except for coach's kid) and the next shiny object thus forcing families to move on. How embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who you talkin bout, foo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look forward to finding out tomorrow that it was actually Supreme Nationals Monuments who were at Naptown.

I walked by and was amused by the 35 kids on the sideline. Literally. 35. Apparently they combined their A and B teams… either way, he’s a genius for getting them to cough up $500 for the uni and the Instagram highlights…. Umm, those might be few and far between after going 1-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. Spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legendary, for sure. If you ask ANY college coach what they think of Cabell Maddux— they will tell you he’s a cl

Haaa. He is legendary, for sure. Ask ANY college coach what they think of Cabell Maddux, and they will tell you… grade A Black and Decker. Amd that is fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't at Naptown but just looked at the scores. Hawks 12 v Madlax 1?! Wow. I remember when those two teams use to battle each other. If u don't think keeping players together over the long haul and playing them even if they are on the smaller side doesn't work, just look at that game. ML has always traded up for size (except for coach's kid) and the next shiny object thus forcing families to move on. How embarrassing.

Yes, I get a chuckle every time I see the landing page for this forum because the first post asks about a Madlax vs. Hawks result at Hershey - just imagine that being a competitive game these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is True, pretty sad state of Lacrosse for Leading Edge

Yes, and the Naptown age rules don't even allow for the "maybe I'll hold back later" excuse. Their rule for 2028 is that a player had to be in 8th grade or lower during the 2023-24 school year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day at Naptown today. Watched some of the Hawks game. They didn't look their usual Hawky-self. Is something going in there? Need some details from a Hawks parent.

I heard they gave them a day off practice so they were rusty.

Two good starters injured and done I heard. Prob be a rough contest of summer. That team actually drops off fast.
Do they not have any depth?

Yeah that would surprise me if you're talking field players. We've played them a number of times and they are a great team, but not one that seemed to be carried by one or two particular players (to their credit as an organization).
The starters missing is not the issue. The problem is deeper than that. iykyk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened in the naptown Red Hots and Express North yesterday? I walked past a player on the way to the parking lot swearing. Was there an ejection?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I get a chuckle every time I see the landing page for this forum because the first post asks about a Madlax vs. Hawks result at Hershey - just imagine that being a competitive game these days.

Just two years ago Madlax was winning NLF in July, beating 2Way in the finals. How far they’ve dropped … when they do play top 20’teaks, they lose by 10++. The last two Hawks games were a combined 27-2 score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened in the naptown Red Hots and Express North yesterday? I walked past a player on the way to the parking lot swearing. Was there an ejection?

Express North won by 1.

An adolescent boy was swearing in the parking lot??? Oh my gosh say it aint so. What’s next, are they going to start wearing their hats backwards!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day at Naptown today. Watched some of the Hawks game. They didn't look their usual Hawky-self. Is something going in there? Need some details from a Hawks parent.

Two good starters injured and done I heard. Prob be a rough contest of summer. That team actually drops off fast.

Yeah that would surprise me if you're talking field players. We've played them a number of times and they are a great team, but not one that seemed to be carried by one or two particular players (to their credit as an organization).

ik. Most of the kids don’t like the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they're old enough to drive and serve in the Army, they're certainly old enough to say a few bad words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they're old enough to drive and serve in the Army, they're certainly old enough to say a few bad words.

I saw Madlax/Next Level/Mojo/now Red Hots lefty attack in the drivers seat on his way back to Cville yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love to here it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Parents/coaches that bash kids on here are only doing it because they’re obviously jealous that the kid out performs their kid or they’re upset that the kid isn’t on their team. Everyone on here sees right through them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the tiebreaker to create the Naptown brackets ? the Hawks were served a couple cupcakes to start bracket play when they should have been seeded behind several other 1-1 teams that had better GA and GD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love em or detest em, the Hawks are darn good. DCE (formally ML) parent here and their team work with "undersized" kids is incredible. As noted above, if they stick together for a long time the boys can do great things without dragging ringers into the mix. I have no problem with national teams, but a bunch of "studs" (over used word in lacrosse) will still lose to an organized regional team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Parents/coaches that bash kids on here are only doing it because they’re obviously jealous that the kid out performs their kid or they’re upset that the kid isn’t on their team. Everyone on here sees right through them.
Meg’s a cheater. Not allowed to play on 2028 teams if you’re in 10th grade this fall. And a lost too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the tiebreaker to create the Naptown brackets ? the Hawks were served a couple cupcakes to start bracket play when they should have been seeded behind several other 1-1 teams that had better GA and GD.

The seeding was totally arbitrary, done by “committee.” So yeah— Hawks had an easier path than most in their own tournament, which I don’t have a problem with, and then proceeded to get worked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. He explained his concerns thoughtfully and we all agree with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing in PLC in July?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False, there will always be kids who out perform mine and I’m fine with that, but not with cheaters like the Leading edge goalie. Lacrosse is a small world and reputation means a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ik. Most of the kids don’t like the coach

That’s ok, he likes himself enough for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn’t post the previous message but, you reap what you sow.

There are plenty of stories (some I’ve seen firsthand) that indicate he’s not “nice”.
I can say his parent are intolerable on the sidelines. Constantly making excuses for little Johnny taking 100 bad shots per game.

Also great watching someone who took advantage of the rules come back to reality. He’s very average now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had the same thought, I assumed there was some kind of ranking. Same thing happened to Freedom. Freedom had a tough draw with red hits and 2way I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love em or detest em, the Hawks are darn good. DCE (formally ML) parent here and their team work with "undersized" kids is incredible. As noted above, if they stick together for a long time the boys can do great things without dragging ringers into the mix. I have no problem with national teams, but a bunch of "studs" (over used word in lacrosse) will still lose to an organized regional team.

A bunch of undersized 15 year olds can beat most 14 year olds. Just not at Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grade-based standard has always been dense (and dangerous), and done for college coaches - not the kids. My only point is why enforce it now when the system has been fixed moving forward. All this stuff is baked in the cake for the 2028s. Fortunately, lacrosse has moved away from the dark ages for the 2029s. I am a birth-year advocate, like hockey and soccer. Makes things clean and simple. Pull off the bandaid and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try-out season is upon us. DCE and Next Level are the new Madlax approaching 30 on the roster. Where will the remaining Madlax kids look to go? Will Redhots Maryland take any kids away from elite teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better the kid that won MVP is a 2027 at Brunswick, everyone is doing it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 272 of 278 1 2 270 271 272 273 274 277 278
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard