BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,916
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 273 of 278 1 2 271 272 273 274 275 277 278
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

wachoo talking ‘bout Willis??
I am new here and seems I should have hit the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button for more reply specificity.

I was speaking to cooment from the gentleman overly concerned about the leading edge goalie.

The problem with Leading Edge continuing to use an illegal player is that it makes their whole roster suspect. The goalie is easy to notice, but if they are that dishonest, of course there are more. It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in.
I could care less whether the kid and family are nice. if he is going into 10th grade he can't play in a grade based event for 2028's, without being a cheater. Shame on the program, the parents, AND the kid, he is old enough to know better.
And I call out the cheaters exactly because I do care about my own kid - I want him playing in events where others follow the rules, rather than make up their own.
Amen. Spot on.

Relax, FCA moms and dads. Kids are talking, and I know for a fact that your goalie is 15 and should be in high school, just like the coach's son. Your Red Hots "superstar" was born in 2008. Following your logic that "...It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in... " and Leading Edge is so good because their goalie is a 2027, where were your 15-year-old kids during that game? You folks in Maryland are the biggest cheaters, and now you're complaining that someone else might be doing the same? It's only funny when it works out for you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

I am new here and seems I should have hit the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button for more reply specificity.

I was speaking to cooment from the gentleman overly concerned about the leading edge goalie.

The problem with Leading Edge continuing to use an illegal player is that it makes their whole roster suspect. The goalie is easy to notice, but if they are that dishonest, of course there are more. It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in.
I could care less whether the kid and family are nice. if he is going into 10th grade he can't play in a grade based event for 2028's, without being a cheater. Shame on the program, the parents, AND the kid, he is old enough to know better.
And I call out the cheaters exactly because I do care about my own kid - I want him playing in events where others follow the rules, rather than make up their own.

The grade-based standard has always been dense (and dangerous), and done for college coaches - not the kids. My only point is why enforce it now when the system has been fixed moving forward. All this stuff is baked in the cake for the 2028s. Fortunately, lacrosse has moved away from the dark ages for the 2029s. I am a birth-year advocate, like hockey and soccer. Makes things clean and simple. Pull off the bandaid and move on.

Why enforce the rules? So you'd be okay if my older son, a rising senior in HS, came to guest play in the next tournament? How about our neighbor's kid, who is playing in college but home for the summer?

I realize you said you favor birth year, but it's still a weird logical spiral from (1) it's a class year bracket so maybe being older is an advantage but hey, that's how the rules work to (2) well if other kids are older then it's not a big deal if you're around the same age even if it doesn't comply with the rules to (3) why enforce rules at all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better the kid that won MVP is a 2027 at Brunswick, everyone is doing it.
I don't understand how will kids get recruited for a 2027 year if he plays with 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grade-based standard has always been dense (and dangerous), and done for college coaches - not the kids. My only point is why enforce it now when the system has been fixed moving forward. All this stuff is baked in the cake for the 2028s. Fortunately, lacrosse has moved away from the dark ages for the 2029s. I am a birth-year advocate, like hockey and soccer. Makes things clean and simple. Pull off the bandaid and move on.

Why enforce the rules? So you'd be okay if my older son, a rising senior in HS, came to guest play in the next tournament? How about our neighbor's kid, who is playing in college but home for the summer?

I realize you said you favor birth year, but it's still a weird logical spiral from (1) it's a class year bracket so maybe being older is an advantage but hey, that's how the rules work to (2) well if other kids are older then it's not a big deal if you're around the same age even if it doesn't comply with the rules to (3) why enforce rules at all?

My point was that it has been not enforced for years and done by all the upper-level teams forever, so why bother enforcing it for the last half of the last year. To the letter of the law, you are correct. I am glad the system is being fixed for the purpose of making a full-contact sport safer by limiting the age discrepancy and only secondarily for the benefit of leveling the playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how will kids get recruited for a 2027 year if he plays with 2028.

The player being mentioned is a 2028, not a 2027.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. “I may reclass 4 years from now instead of going to college, so in the meantime, I’m going to cheat and play down a year against younger kids. It should help me get recruited by standing out against freshman when I’m a sophomore.”

Problem is, THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES. It’s not a morality issue, it’s actually against the rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. Spot on.

Relax, FCA moms and dads. Kids are talking, and I know for a fact that your goalie is 15 and should be in high school, just like the coach's son. Your Red Hots "superstar" was born in 2008. Following your logic that "...It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in... " and Leading Edge is so good because their goalie is a 2027, where were your 15-year-old kids during that game? You folks in Maryland are the biggest cheaters, and now you're complaining that someone else might be doing the same? It's only funny when it works out for you.

Hey Giuseppe…. There are no rules against reclassing. But you actually need to do it. You can just say you’re gonna do it four years from now. Big big difference. But doubt you’ll grasp that concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he’s a rising sophomore, he’s a 2027. And he will get recruited as a 2027, even if he’s planning on doing a PG year after high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic: Any new 2028 teams coming to the area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he’s already been held back and is in 9th grade this fall, that’s perfectly fine. It’s within the rules. If he’s still in 10th, like the clown Leading Edge player, he’s not eligible to play 2028

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True RT 83, True South Central Howard County, True North Baltimore, True Almost in PA, True Annapolis Central, True Close to VA and True Kent Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he’s already been held back and is in 9th grade this fall, that’s perfectly fine. It’s within the rules. If he’s still in 10th, like the clown Leading Edge player, he’s not eligible to play 2028

The MVP is rising freshman. Great goalie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True RT 83, True South Central Howard County, True North Baltimore, True Almost in PA, True Annapolis Central, True Close to VA and True Kent Island.

Is this True?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northstars Lacrosse in Harco run by John Carroll coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this True?

VLC is trying again in northern VA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this True?

Definitely True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing IS NOT against the rules. Playing down as an expecting PG IS against the rules. I get it.

My question to the reclass supporters . . . would you support a rule change to allow expected PG to play down 1yr when they are in HS?

If not, why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northstars Lacrosse in Harco run by John Carroll coaches

I think it's just 27s and 28s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing IS NOT against the rules. Playing down as an expecting PG IS against the rules. I get it.

My question to the reclass supporters . . . would you support a rule change to allow expected PG to play down 1yr when they are in HS?

If not, why not?

I am completely baffled as to why college coaches even want reclasses? It waters down the whole sport. I know if college coaches stopped recruiting and signing reclasses then maybe the proactive would stop. That or US lacrosse actually committing to teams by birth years like soccer does, but I doubt that would happen. At least the age rules are a step in the right direction. As a parent though, I would be embarrassed myself if my kid had to reclass to be dominate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

No. If you’re going to reclass, just do it. If you’re going to graduate from your high school in 2027, and then go take an extra year of high school at a boarding school, you can’t play down the meantime because you might do it. Get a pair and do it, then you can play 2028.

The only people who think playing in 2028 while still in the 2027 class are the few cheaters at 2Way and Leadinf Edge who are perpetrating this charade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

I am completely baffled as to why college coaches even want reclasses? It waters down the whole sport. I know if college coaches stopped recruiting and signing reclasses then maybe the proactive would stop. That or US lacrosse actually committing to teams by birth years like soccer does, but I doubt that would happen. At least the age rules are a step in the right direction. As a parent though, I would be embarrassed myself if my kid had to reclass to be dominate

Always great to see this topic rise up as the younger class parents come to realize one of the only ways to beat the dei mandates (hidden or outright) in college admittance is for their kid to play a low level scholarship sport. News Flash - college coaches don't care. Their job is to win games and winning games means bigger, faster and stronger.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443953 Yesterday at 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

Apparently, PG is not against the rules since it’s happening (I’m not saying that I agree with it, because I don’t). My question is what’s the difference between reclassing and doing PG? Either way you’re playing with younger kids so that you can get an advantage? Serious question, not meant to be a shot at either. I just don’t see the difference. Either way you’re playing with younger kids and getting recruited in that pool instead of your appropriate age/grade.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443954 Yesterday at 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

College coaches need to show progress and wins in the metrics of Ws and Ls. The average coaching tenure in NCAA Lax is 3.5 years. If a 21 year old freshman is available and has 4.3 speed and a 100mph shot and can squeak by admissions and has references from a top 25 national coach, yes let's take that kid.

No different than club coaches taking reclasses, honestly. In club ball, success is measured every 10 months when the last game is played. Nobody from Rec Travel to Hoco Elite to NXT AA league would say no to older kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443957 Yesterday at 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s basically like reclassing, but instead of repeating their current grade year they in essence repeat their senior year so they’re able to be recruited a grade down in both cases. Either way they end up doing an extra year of school.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #443974 Yesterday at 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last 3 pages of this forum are comical. Reminds me of the presidential debate last week. Some of you (reclass/holdback) parents might want to remind your kid he will need a job one day and may have a mortgage if your trust doesn’t pay for it. Lacrosse will end one day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443987 Yesterday at 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s basically like reclassing, but instead of repeating their current grade year they in essence repeat their senior year so they’re able to be recruited a grade down in both cases. Either way they end up doing an extra year of school.
Newsflash. Your kid who does a PG year— gets recruited way before the happens. If he’s a 2027 playing 2028, he’s cheating. It’s not common for a kid to play down before he has actually reclassed— there may be a handful that are doing it, umbeknost to opposing coaches or tournament organizers. It’s against the rules and if a coach wants I call out an opposing player, it could get ugly. I just don’t know if coaches care as much as parents do

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443988 Yesterday at 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

Apparently, PG is not against the rules since it’s happening (I’m not saying that I agree with it, because I don’t). My question is what’s the difference between reclassing and doing PG? Either way you’re playing with younger kids so that you can get an advantage? Serious question, not meant to be a shot at either. I just don’t see the difference. Either way you’re playing with younger kids and getting recruited in that pool instead of your appropriate age/grade.

First, the idea that it's not against the rules because it's happening is a little naive - have you ever gone to a lacrosse tournament where they confirm class year in any way? In soccer you have ID cards and it's closely regulated, but lacrosse just doesn't enforce the stated rules.

Second, the difference is that if you reclass you have taken an action that actually puts you in a different class year. With PG you're representing that you might possibly maybe do something in the future, but you haven't actually done anything and there is nothing to keep you from simply changing your mind later. Put it this way: If one of my employees does great work this year, he'll get a bonus. If he tells me he plans to do great work three year from now, no way. That's the difference.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #443989 Yesterday at 09:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

College coaches need to show progress and wins in the metrics of Ws and Ls. The average coaching tenure in NCAA Lax is 3.5 years. If a 21 year old freshman is available and has 4.3 speed and a 100mph shot and can squeak by admissions and has references from a top 25 national coach, yes let's take that kid.

No different than club coaches taking reclasses, honestly. In club ball, success is measured every 10 months when the last game is played. Nobody from Rec Travel to Hoco Elite to NXT AA league would say no to older kids.

Most tournaments have specific rules saying you cannot be in 10th grade currently (this fall) playing in 2028. NAL, Hogan events, etc. Get caught, your team will get popped….

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #444009 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not, why not?

First, the idea that it's not against the rules because it's happening is a little naive - have you ever gone to a lacrosse tournament where they confirm class year in any way? In soccer you have ID cards and it's closely regulated, but lacrosse just doesn't enforce the stated rules.

Second, the difference is that if you reclass you have taken an action that actually puts you in a different class year. With PG you're representing that you might possibly maybe do something in the future, but you haven't actually done anything and there is nothing to keep you from simply changing your mind later. Put it this way: If one of my employees does great work this year, he'll get a bonus. If he tells me he plans to do great work three year from now, no way. That's the difference.

Fair point. But if the goal of the rules is to ensure a level playing field, who cares if the kid reclassed in 8th grade or is going to PG in 12th grade - they are both the same age and it is therefore a level playing field.

This idea that if we legalized PG kids playing down in HS that all kids/teams would do this is ridiculous. If my kid is a '27 and I have no intention of doing a PG year, then playing with the '28s through HS would kill any chance he has of being recruited to play in college as a '27. Once you get to HS, the club focus shifts from winning tourneys to getting recruited. Parents are not going to play their kid down so XYZ club can win a tourney while their kid losing recruiting opportunities. Not gonna happen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 273 of 278 1 2 271 272 273 274 275 277 278
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard