BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,750
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 88 1 2 84 85 86 87 88
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What did people who attended think of BIC? Worth it? Better than other showcase/allstar events?

Saw lots of players that didn't belong. There were very few college coaches unless you stayed for the Positional Training.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did people who attended think of BIC? Worth it? Better than other showcase/allstar events?

Its a money grab, but most all these things are. That being said, the instruction is great. The talent is strong but as with everything, some kids didn't belong. If you have the extra income, go for it.

Depends on why you are going. Its great exposure to playing with other girls/styles. You can see how your teammates measure up (or don't) on a national scale and if you are not playing midfield its a lot of good reps against people you don't play every week. If you aren't worried about turning dollars into guaranteed exposure - its great. Colleges certainly aren't flocking to the younger age groups, but its good to get the experience in this format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a money grab, but most all these things are. That being said, the instruction is great. The talent is strong but as with everything, some kids didn't belong. If you have the extra income, go for it.
The instruction was ok but not very well organized. 20 minutes blocks with about 5-8 minutes of instruction and then actual hands on training (most were the same drills and instruction club coaches teach) Players had to bully their way into the drill or the they would miss out. The schedule was less than ideal with hours of downtime. Playing time was uneven, teamwork was not stressed, ball hogs everywhere, and the inside mezzanine was crowded when trying to watch games. Other than that, it was great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The instruction was ok but not very well organized. 20 minutes blocks with about 5-8 minutes of instruction and then actual hands on training (most were the same drills and instruction club coaches teach) Players had to bully their way into the drill or the they would miss out. The schedule was less than ideal with hours of downtime. Playing time was uneven, teamwork was not stressed, ball hogs everywhere, and the inside mezzanine was crowded when trying to watch games. Other than that, it was great!

Think one thing that complicated matters for coaches and girls playing midi, in particular, is that it seemed like a good handful of players got in as defenders and then somehow ended up playing midfield which took away from minutes that registered midfielders expected to get. On the other hand, if you were a true defender, you probably never had to leave the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw lots of players that didn't belong. There were very few college coaches unless you stayed for the Positional Training.

I didn't notice a lot of girls who didn't belong there skill wise. Rather, it seemed like a lot of very good players playing very bad lacrosse due to selfishness. I'm not sure what they can do to curtail the ball hogging, some of the coaches were trying, but I think it's par for the course for these events.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought it was a good event. A solid contingent of top players from top clubs were there, with 5+ players each from most of the top 10-15. Players seemed to enjoy playing with and against great competition and the instruction/drills were strong. Certainly some hero ball, but that's not a surprise. Could use some more defenders for those considering applying for next year.

Positional instruction with college coaches was great. Looks like the 2028 event was kind of a starter showcase, that builds to the event for rising juniors with much greater college coach attendance and engagement. Venue was outstanding, and Wilmington is an accessible town with good hotel options. First Class Lacrosse doing a good job with this event overall from my perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't notice a lot of girls who didn't belong there skill wise. Rather, it seemed like a lot of very good players playing very bad lacrosse due to selfishness. I'm not sure what they can do to curtail the ball hogging, some of the coaches were trying, but I think it's par for the course for these events.

This has become an epidemic on a few local teams. Coaches are struggling to control ball hogging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has become an epidemic on a few local teams. Coaches are struggling to control ball hogging.

Seems like a good old school benching, with parent conversation, if necessary, would do the trick. Dynamic motion offense also helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought it was a good event. A solid contingent of top players from top clubs were there, with 5+ players each from most of the top 10-15. Players seemed to enjoy playing with and against great competition and the instruction/drills were strong. Certainly some hero ball, but that's not a surprise. Could use some more defenders for those considering applying for next year.

Positional instruction with college coaches was great. Looks like the 2028 event was kind of a starter showcase, that builds to the event for rising juniors with much greater college coach attendance and engagement. Venue was outstanding, and Wilmington is an accessible town with good hotel options. First Class Lacrosse doing a good job with this event overall from my perspective.

I agree that the talent and quality of players was really strong. My daughter wasn’t as high on the drills - said it was a lot of 3 v 2, 5 v 5 stuff that they do in club practices and no position specific work. There was a lot of downtime where they could have added some Q and A or other position specific work, kind of a miss in my opinion. I thought the games were great and hero ball subsided after first game, but definitely an imbalance in rosters - defenders never left the field while there were 2-3 middle lines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s because every parent wants their kid to be a middie or attack and score goals. They also believe it’s easier to get recruited as a middie. Right or wrong, that’s what a good amount of parents think.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you send your feedback to Deemer and let him know your daughter won’t be back. I disagree with most all you said and my daughters team shared the ball lots. Didn’t expect any colleges for a 28 age group as they won’t be looked at for almost 15 months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you send your feedback to Deemer and let him know your daughter won’t be back. I disagree with most all you said and my daughters team shared the ball lots. Didn’t expect any colleges for a 28 age group as they won’t be looked at for almost 15 months.

Remember folks no negative feedback allowed on these types of events. Any type of criticism is forbidden.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy answer....coaches need to pull the girls from the game who are ball hogging. But they won't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy answer....coaches need to pull the girls from the game who are ball hogging. But they won't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought it was great and as for the mezzanine area, drop your kid off and leave. No need to watch a camp or practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like any given (super hot) Saturday in this age group right now. Coppermine loses to ES and ties Jesters and then handles Heros… M&D loses to FCA? Crush gets beaten pretty easily by Prime Time? Eaglestix handles Coppermine with ease and then gets beaten badly by MDU? Some good games and parity in this age group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an interesting first day at Summer Genesis Origins. Conditions were tough and so were the players. But the results? So Eagle Stix handles Coppermine again and then gets beat badly by MDU East? Then Coppermine gets by Hero's. Meanwhile, Crush gets doubled up by Prime Time and FCA beats M&D Black? Some very unlikely results there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Top ten shake up after summer genesis results. A couple teams could really use some help at tryouts coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Top ten shake up after summer genesis results. A couple teams could really use some help at tryouts coming up.

I don’t think it’s a sign that teams are in need of help, think the interesting results speaks to the parity at this year and the fact that all teams are improving. Dynasties are rare at older ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think it’s a sign that teams are in need of help, think the interesting results speaks to the parity at this year and the fact that all teams are improving. Dynasties are rare at older ages.

Too general of a statement to say its parity. There are other factors at play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds to me like parents who are WAY to focused on rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds to me like parents who are WAY to focused on rankings

Agree, the constant "updated rankings" are nothing but click bait. It seems like the younger years (29s especially) giving them way more legitimacy and importance than they warrant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings don't matter is the new talking point? Don't you think they will know we are gaslighting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings don't matter is the new talking point? Don't you think they will know we are gaslighting?

But...ranking don't matter. It matters whether you play on a good team that plays good competition - as it always has. College coaches don't care about the rankings and it's usually the same groups of teams in the top tournament divisions.

Whether you lost 5 points scoring 15 goals on some low-ranking team or 2 to bump you up or down a spot doesn't matter. How do people not see doing a SM push every week to get people to check out the "new rankings" on a page plastered with ads, which BTW look almost identical to last weeks rankings, is click bait?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But...ranking don't matter. It matters whether you play on a good team that plays good competition - as it always has. College coaches don't care about the rankings and it's usually the same groups of teams in the top tournament divisions.

Whether you lost 5 points scoring 15 goals on some low-ranking team or 2 to bump you up or down a spot doesn't matter. How do people not see doing a SM push every week to get people to check out the "new rankings" on a page plastered with ads, which BTW look almost identical to last weeks rankings, is click bait?

As imperfect as they may be, the rankings are the best measure of good teams and good competition. Almost everyone in the sport uses them, including tournament directors who use them to group teams appropriately. To suggest they don't matter is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As imperfect as they may be, the rankings are the best measure of good teams and good competition. Almost everyone in the sport uses them, including tournament directors who use them to group teams appropriately. To suggest they don't matter is ridiculous.

Almost everyone in the sport uses them? Like who? Perhaps some tournament directors HAVE used them on occasion, aside from that, its parents. All parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of focusing on the rankings - focus on your daughter and if SHE is happy where she is (regardless of where HER team falls in the rankings). The team ranking is NOT what is going to get your daughter recruited...PERIOD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings only matter to the simpletons who are interested to know how teams perform against other teams and the strength of a team’s opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is how I think the Top Ten will look when the rankings come out later this week:

1. Yellow Jackets LI Maget (2028)
2. Hero's Green (2028)
3. Eagle Stix Blue (2028)
4. Coppermine Black (2028)
5. Mass Elite Red (2028)
6. Crush MD (2028)
7. M&D Black (2028)
8. Pride Red NOVA (2028)
9. Prime Time (2028)
10. MD United East (2028)

No big shakeup is expected, though I have a few notable changes:

Hero's up 1 spot to #2
Eagle Stix down 1 spot to #3
Prime Time up 1 spot to #9
MDU up 1 spot to #10
Aces falls out of Top 10 to #11

I suspect Mass Elite will come back to earth as the summer progresses, but for now they will still be #5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that M&D red is folding and all going to skywalkers. Word is they have over 100 trying out in that age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings only matter to the simpletons who are interested to know how teams perform against other teams and the strength of a team’s opponents.
Regarding rankings, a wise man once said "If you ain't first, you're last."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that M&D red is folding and all going to skywalkers. Word is they have over 100 trying out in that age group.

Skywalkers will be the dumping ground for all the castaways from the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers will be the dumping ground for all the castaways from the top clubs.

M&D Red is a decent team! Why would they fold? And how can a whole team go to skywalkers - unless SW white is dumping all their girls who won NGLL? This seems like stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they misheard? Only rumors I have heard are that M&D West may end up folding with many girls looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or M&D black kids. Quite a few talented kids leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reports from Inside Lacrosse ID Experience? Was it worth doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has already been discussed to death and is false.

It would make sense for a few M&D red players to make the jump, just as it would for any good players on B teams to try and get a spot on a team like Skywalkers. But it would make absolutely no sense for enough players to make it for an entire team to fold. Also, a lot of girls are signed up for tryouts at Skywalkers, but realistically how much room is there on that team? Skywalkers 27 had like 7 or 8 new girls, but they were also not as good of a team in 8th grade as Skywalkers 28, who seems to have a good core.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignore this bait, totally untrue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t be a troll. The core of all the top teams will likely stay in tact. Players who are unhappy with playing time, or unhappy with their roles will most likely seek out other options, but that will be the extent of the movement among the 5 MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the same

Like Reply Quote
Page 86 of 88 1 2 84 85 86 87 88
Quick Reply