BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,559
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about trying out for YJB. Can someone shed some light on the team dynamics? Top to bottom strong or rely on a few key players? What's the culture like there? A lot of bench kids? What area could they use some new/better players? Mid / D or A?[/quote]

Big bench and the ball seems to be in the hands of a few girls a lot

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like Babst got beat by MnD and MDU this weekend

Those are the #1 and #2 ranked teams so not a shock. All three are in class above the rest imo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about trying out for YJB. Can someone shed some light on the team dynamics? Top to bottom strong or rely on a few key players? What's the culture like there? A lot of bench kids? What area could they use some new/better players? Mid / D or A?

Big bench and the ball seems to be in the hands of a few girls a lot[/quote]

The two or three girls who always have the ball in their sticks are the ones who are trying to get on YJA. The competition between the teams creates a weird dynamic on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about trying out for YJB. Can someone shed some light on the team dynamics? Top to bottom strong or rely on a few key players? What's the culture like there? A lot of bench kids? What area could they use some new/better players? Mid / D or A?

Big bench and the ball seems to be in the hands of a few girls a lot

The two or three girls who always have the ball in their sticks are the ones who are trying to get on YJA. The competition between the teams creates a weird dynamic on the team.[/quote]

Understanding that you are looking to try out for YJB but I'd consider YJC, while not very competitive right now as they need a few good players to complete the team. Great group of girls and only upsides from here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like my kid to have great playing time and good development at this point. I heard from multiple parents that TG 2030 coach was mean and belittling. I wasn't a fan of Igloo's constant IG posts to fan the kids FOMO and using the kids as marketing tools. Legacy seems a bit too far for us. Don't think my kid would make Jesters A and seems like they don't ever care about their B teams. Where else can I try?[quote=Anonymous]Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 would be perfect. Decent team, tons of practices, really cares about the kids, team isn’t huge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dunno man.. I think Liberty is underrated for this year especially if you live in central/ northern Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 would be perfect. Decent team, tons of practices, really cares about the kids, team isn’t huge.

91, igloo, legacy all really good environments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

I would like my kid to have great playing time and good development at this point. I heard from multiple parents that TG 2030 coach was mean and belittling. I wasn't a fan of Igloo's constant IG posts to fan the kids FOMO and using the kids as marketing tools. Legacy seems a bit too far for us. Don't think my kid would make Jesters A and seems like they don't ever care about their B teams. Where else can I try?

Too far? Where are you located?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Igloo. The parents are awful human beings. They actively instigate the opposing parents at tournaments. I've seen it from the next field over. It's going to hurt their girls when/if they get to recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Not Igloo. The parents are awful human beings. They actively instigate the opposing parents at tournaments. I've seen it from the next field over. It's going to hurt their girls when/if they get to recruiting."

+100

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

I would like my kid to have great playing time and good development at this point. I heard from multiple parents that TG 2030 coach was mean and belittling. I wasn't a fan of Igloo's constant IG posts to fan the kids FOMO and using the kids as marketing tools. Legacy seems a bit too far for us. Don't think my kid would make Jesters A and seems like they don't ever care about their B teams. Where else can I try?

Too far? Where are you located?

Nassau

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah. It's even worse if your out east like we are. VERY few options without driving an hour-plus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Igloo. The parents are awful human beings. They actively instigate the opposing parents at tournaments. I've seen it from the next field over. It's going to hurt their girls when/if they get to recruiting.

False. There are “bad” parents on every team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are bad parents on every team but how many are on Igloo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are bad parents on every team but how many are on Igloo?

Not sure. Not an igloo parent but know a bunch of really good ones on that team. Think they get a bad rap from a few loudies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't make the original statement false. Both things can be true.

I know this is a Igloo-friendly board but it's true. I've seen them chirping with opposing parents during and after games. I think it's funny but it's probably not. They seem like parents who are really living vicariously through their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not very many good 2030 teams at Lax Fest over the weekend but some good players on the S2S B team (I assume the B team anyway) and the LaxonElite team has a few really good girls. FLG had one or two. 91 Tristate was surprisingly bad. Ohana has the best uniforms going. I'll leave it at that.

A lot of girls who are going to need to put some work in to play beyond middle school though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do 91 and Liberty practice at this grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 practices in Dix Hills while in season. Commack for winter training

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hills/Commack facility

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is actually hilarious 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a heads up….GC Tradition 2030 has open up tryouts to ALL players for 2030, 2029, and 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dunno man.. I think Liberty is underrated for this year especially if you live in central/ northern Nassau.

We have been in terrible tournaments and have had to fight to get added to decent events. The stronger players won’t be returning so there will be spots for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a heads up….GC Tradition 2030 has open up tryouts to ALL players for 2030, 2029, and 2028.

That is interesting to know. Their 25 team has quite a few impressive commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm I wonder why they would all of a sudden need to open middle school teams to the public when in the past it was just open to high schoolers from out of town. Hard group to crack with a huge population from one town. Even more curious what happened that they need to open their doors at younger ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2030 team is very good too. I have heard that if you're not a GC resident it's held against you though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a great showing for NY teams at Lax for Cure. YJ-Babst didn't even make playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm I wonder why they would all of a sudden need to open middle school teams to the public when in the past it was just open to high schoolers from out of town. Hard group to crack with a huge population from one town. Even more curious what happened that they need to open their doors at younger ages.

On their website, they only open 2028 & 2029, not 2030.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On their website, they only open 2028 & 2029, not 2030.

Oops I took it back. just saw their instagram post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2030 team is very good too. I have heard that if you're not a GC resident it's held against you though.

Ehh you could say the same thing about Jesters and the Massapequa and West islip cliques. Otherwise, thin most people are genuinely decent people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because some parents think that their kids are better and go for the greener pasture and left the 2030 with a much smaller roster than they initially anticipated. They need to replenish with good players somewhere, otherwise, they can't remain as competitive as they once were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it gets harder as the players get older but seems like the window to change teams is closing earlier than usual and this is probably last good opportunity to change teams for the 2030s. Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it gets harder as the players get older but seems like the window to change teams is closing earlier than usual and this is probably last good opportunity to change teams for the 2030s. Any thoughts?

I think most people want to find their "home" earlier rather than later and everything is starting earlier and earlier. That being said, I think there would still be a bit of movement when they enter 8th grade. entering 9th grade would be harder unless you are the "star".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is good enough you can always find a spot elsewhere.

My 2023 is my youngest and I know I'll get crucified for this advice I'm going to offer it anyway.

IF your daughter wants to play in college (it's fine if she doesn't that's not what this is supposed to be about 24/7) you want to find a club where she will play a LOT vs. being on a "highly ranked" team where she plays way less.

Yes connections between coaches is important but college recruiters care way more about what you're doing on the field than they do they colors you're wearing. Don't feel pressured to always put your daughter on the "best" team all the time. Save some money, build some relationships, and earn playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 2023 is my youngest and I know I'll get crucified for this advice I'm going to offer it anyway.

IF your daughter wants to play in college (it's fine if she doesn't that's not what this is supposed to be about 24/7) you want to find a club where she will play a LOT vs. being on a "highly ranked" team where she plays way less.

Yes connections between coaches is important but college recruiters care way more about what you're doing on the field than they do they colors you're wearing. Don't feel pressured to always put your daughter on the "best" team all the time. Save some money, build some relationships, and earn playing time.

I understand what you are saying. But if you aren't playing on the top teams, there are not a lot of eye balls on your DD. You don't get placed in the top divisions at the top tournaments. The matchups between elite teams is where you will find the coaches scouting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand what you are saying. But if you aren't playing on the top teams, there are not a lot of eye balls on your DD. You don't get placed in the top divisions at the top tournaments. The matchups between elite teams is where you will find the coaches scouting.

Didn't Kayla Martello not play for a top team in high school? Or how does college coach scout you if you are on the bench?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I subscribe to a bit of both of these philosophies. Think your kid needs to be playing competitive lacrosse (on the field a lot) on and against top 30 teams. Top tournament brackets definitely help but think attending specific college camps can be more important that being on a top 10 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I’ve been told that by 9th grade, most top teams are playing everyone

Not necessarily 50/50 but around 60-65 / 35-40

One reason given is by 9th grade there isn’t a huge talent gap as players get funneled to top teams

My guess is this is way more play for the second string than current top programs (85-100 / 0-15 from observations)

True? False ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard