BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,559
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 71 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the boys play and don't worry about who is who. Kids read this page and in the end they are probably looking at their parents and wonder if it's them posting on here and feel embarrassed by it. The reality is they just want to play good lacrosse at any level and get better. For the boys to get better, we need to be better. Like many, I have been @ChillLaxin into the BOTC @ChillLaxin and it doesn't make me a better person. This forum should be for discussions about the game the boys love to play, to make players, and teams better.Take this as you may but I know where I stand

#wearebetterthenthis #Itsnotaboutus.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the point of a tournament to win it or just play some games, get sunburn and see how many free coozies and stickers the kids can pick up at the vendor tents? Pool play games are for seeding. Once that is figured out, bracket play is when it counts.

LOL it's 7th grade. None of it counts unless your son is in the top 30 or so 2029 players in the state who will be offered a substantial (25-50%) private school scholarship to play ball next February. Many of your sons play on Hoco Elite and AAA teams that will dump 1/3 of players this summer, half of players before 9th grade, and half again before 11th grade. DeVeLoPiNg eLiTe TaLeNt. Take a cruise around social media and you'll see a whole new crop of Baltimore and AA County lacrosse clubs just formed and are putting together their first. Sidewinders, MESA MD, Koopers, Looneys, Greene Turtle, Breakers, Diamondbacks, Cutters, all gone. Unless your kid wants to stay in-state, the more important thing is the relationship your son's 10th-11th grade club coach has with college coaches, not whether your son's team won NAL, Crab Feast, etc in 7th grade. Get some perspective here.

Ask some 2028s (or better yet, 2027s and 2026s) what they've been through in the last year. Families who drank the "coach says he might get a full ride" kool aid, then furious to get ZERO athletic aid. Kids playing at high level (not the top 4 elite hoco clubs) clubs, not making the cut for varsity in 10th grade (and now that absurd idea of "he'll be recruited in September of his junior year!!!!" is right out the window). 6 foot plus kids with size and speed who have never had to work hard, cut from Varsity in 11th grade. Kids from freaking Breakers and True teams making Varsity.

Also, two weeks after the 2028s finished Hoco...check their message board. It's like that 5 years of Hoco seasons didn't even happen. It all just evaporates and doesn't matter anymore, partly because 25% of the clubs went defunct since 3rd grade.

Perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the point of a tournament to win it or just play some games, get sunburn and see how many free coozies and stickers the kids can pick up at the vendor tents? Pool play games are for seeding. Once that is figured out, bracket play is when it counts.

LOL it's 7th grade. None of it counts unless your son is in the top 30 or so 2029 players in the state who will be offered a substantial (25-50%) private school scholarship to play ball next February. Many of your sons play on Hoco Elite and AAA teams that will dump 1/3 of players this summer, half of players before 9th grade, and half again before 11th grade. DeVeLoPiNg eLiTe TaLeNt. Take a cruise around social media and you'll see a whole new crop of Baltimore and AA County lacrosse clubs just formed and are putting together their first. Sidewinders, MESA MD, Koopers, Looneys, Greene Turtle, Breakers, Diamondbacks, Cutters, all gone. Unless your kid wants to stay in-state, the more important thing is the relationship your son's 10th-11th grade club coach has with college coaches, not whether your son's team won NAL, Crab Feast, etc in 7th grade. Get some perspective here.

Ask some 2028s (or better yet, 2027s and 2026s) what they've been through in the last year. Families who drank the "coach says he might get a full ride" kool aid, then furious to get ZERO athletic aid. Kids playing at high level (not the top 4 elite hoco clubs) clubs, not making the cut for varsity in 10th grade (and now that absurd idea of "he'll be recruited in September of his junior year!!!!" is right out the window). 6 foot plus kids with size and speed who have never had to work hard, cut from Varsity in 11th grade. Kids from freaking Breakers and True teams making Varsity.

Also, two weeks after the 2028s finished Hoco...check their message board. It's like that 5 years of Hoco seasons didn't even happen. It all just evaporates and doesn't matter anymore, partly because 25% of the clubs went defunct since 3rd grade.

Perspective.

I couldn't love this post more...well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the wild wild west this summer with tryouts........

1. Red Hots Maryland coming to town to field 2029-2033
2. Shuckers kicking off to field 2029-2031
3. True HOCO launching 2027-2035
4. Bucks Lacrosse Club launching in Howard County 2028-2033
5. DC Express 2029 team launching
6. Carroll Manor 2029 is done!
7. Legends 2029 is done, officially becoming Crabs 2029
8. Predators 2029 A team falling apart

Anything else missed for now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How watered down is this going to get

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget #9.....True Harco (Harford County) coming as well. Just what we need more TRUE BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And True Central Pa (Harrisburg/Hershey). About an hour away from 5 other True programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re throwing a lot of chum in the water. How many of these are verifiable at this point? If all are true then it is to the detriment of the best players, but provides plenty of opportunity for lower skilled kids to play and clubs to cash in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget #9.....True Harco (Harford County) coming as well. Just what we need more TRUE BS.
Harford doesnt need any more teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re throwing a lot of chum in the water. How many of these are verifiable at this point? If all are true then it is to the detriment of the best players, but provides plenty of opportunity for lower skilled kids to play and clubs to cash in.

Everything he posted is 100% accurate and can be verified by going to the respective team's instagram page (with the exception of Preds falling apart, which is all rumors at this stage).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very helpful list / post. Thank you.

1. Isn't Red Hots more a club boys play on the side (like Nationals) - and not an actual "club"? Said another way - are there any boys that play on Red Hots as their only team?
2. I know Shuckers thinks they will field at least a 2029 team. The consensus seems to be that there is almost no chance this will happen. Very small chance any of the boys they have targeted actually move - certainly not enough for any critical mass. Will be interesting to see how they do in NapTown in a couple weeks - their performance will likely not help their recruiting efforts.
5. DC Express just takes the place of Bethesda Blue - with obviously tryouts and new kids. But net net - it's not an additional team as Bethesda Blue goes away.
6. Heck of a run for Carroll Manor. Hats off to that team!
7. I heard Legends will try to field a team. Obviously, it will be completely separate from Crabs - with boys only on one team or the other.
8. Fake news. Have not heard of any Preds "A" families anything but happy.

FCA will try again to field a "b" team.

Tryouts will be interesting in Baltimore - it seems all the clubs have tryouts the same two days (July 15 & 16) -- Crabs, FCA, Preds. 91MD is July 8 and 15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts will be interesting in Baltimore - it seems all the clubs have tryouts the same two days (July 15 & 16) -- Crabs, FCA, Preds. 91MD is July 8 and 15.

Why do they do this? I can understand clubs are trying to protect their existing rosters, but it also limits who they will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Red Hots have a traditional team in the Pittsburgh Area, I believe. Here's the text from their instragram/facebook post about their expansion to Baltimore:

"Red Hots is pleased to announce our second location in Baltimore, Maryland, for the 2024/2025 season. We are excited to bring our lacrosse program to Maryland, where athletes can enhance their skills and be part of a supportive lacrosse community. We will be offering three different tiers, which are listed below. The tryout dates are July 10th, 11th, and 30th, with a registration link that will go live tomorrow in our bio.
Red Hots Baltimore—This program will be structured like a standard lacrosse program, with weekly practices based in Howard County for grades 2029-2033. Attending 2-3 events in fall, spring Hoco league, and 3-4 in summer events.

Red Hots Maryland Elite-Red Hots is looking to change the paradigm of youth lacrosse. This team is an exclusive invitation-only opportunity for grades 2028-2030. We operate on a mini-camp model, allowing families flexibility as we focus on transitioning from middle school to high school. This is a chance for high school athletes to strive for excellence and be a part of an elite team pushed in training and a focus on college recruiting and guiding through the showcase and prospect camp process. The middle school athletes whose goal might be to play at MIAA schools or other elite Prep Schools nationwide. Red Hots will offer assistance through the process of prep school selection with a realistic expectation academically, athletically, and financial commitment.

Red Hots National Middle School- Starting in September, we will run our National training camps throughout Maryland for grade years 2029-2032. These teams will be selected based on current Red Hots National players, Connor Kelly Red Hots National camp participants, and applications submitted. This program is open to all elite national athletes nationwide. For grades 2029-2032, we will accept 32-44 players into our pod system for our National training program. We offer consistent monthly training and flexibility around your primary club’s schedule. This program is tailored for a la carte pricing, and not a large price tag.

The 2028 National Team is invitation only. Less is more, focus on recruiting and showcase entry with 3-5 quality events."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great. They’re not Crabs, they’re Legends. However they are clearly so elite that any kid on Preds that’s not on Legends obviously got cut from Crabs. Meanwhile they are playing in B tournaments and resting starters against a Preds team that, while the talk of the town, has no business talking about a win because it was in pool play against a team that was not Crabs and regardless thought it more important to get experience for all of their backups that will certainly still be on the team next year. In the end though Crabs, I mean Legends, decided that it was important enough to play starters in the finals to whip the Preds by 3 and bring home a B tournament trophy. Meanwhile the Preds should be ashamed that they even showed up. Have I touched all of the bases from above?

Wow, You must really want to be on Preds. Sorry you arent. Get over it, The talk of Baltimore is the talk for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Hawks send its B team? How does basically the same kids, go from 1st to 11th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And True Central Pa (Harrisburg/Hershey). About an hour away from 5 other True programs.

From the amount of hilariously blatant True roster violations (various ages) at Beach Lax last weekend, I can only judge that they're short of players, not teams.

I mean hilarious almost Scooby Doo hiding in a Barrel blatant kids running around changing jerseys and not knowing the names of any kids on their teams. Can you imagine sending those guys $3K per year and every.single.event is like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played True in HOCO and Beach lax and their roster appeared to be the same in both. Care to elaborate? Seems like a decent group of coaches kids parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played True in HOCO and Beach lax and their roster appeared to be the same in both. Care to elaborate? Seems like a decent group of coaches kids parents

That's because they can't. As a True NOVA parent of a 29 Black player and been with the program since 2020, I basically know all the kids and parents on the teams above and below my kids team (at least at the Black level) and there wasn't any roster violations - maybe he was thinking of True Baltimore (they were also at Beach Lax). Our 29 team did add a new goalie for the summer season because we only had one and he was a 2030 (playing up) and this new kid will take over next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because they can't. As a True NOVA parent of a 29 Black player and been with the program since 2020, I basically know all the kids and parents on the teams above and below my kids team (at least at the Black level) and there wasn't any roster violations - maybe he was thinking of True Baltimore (they were also at Beach Lax). Our 29 team did add a new goalie for the summer season because we only had one and he was a 2030 (playing up) and this new kid will take over next year.

I feel really bad for you guys, though, less bad, since you seem to have a coach with some actual principles. Stick with him (coach) - especially when True gets rid of him. I'd follow an honorable coach from AAA to AA ball (or whatever) rather than.......you'll see here.

A Real quick list for those playing along at home, covering some known shenanigans from the 2023-2028 grad classes in recent years (and last weekend). This is not a controversial take.

2028 True Baltimore Black goalie played for both Black and Green teams at Beach lax. Black also added a rostered goalie from 91 for the event (no issue, totally legal...but really....for A league summer lax?). Playing on two teams is one of the only listed possible roster violation types at Beach Lax. So, there's not a lot of non-violation explanations for it. Everybody in HoCo A-AA-AAA knows the kid. By name. Great goalie, great kid. Roster violation.

There were two other 2028 violations from another True team, but it was beyond confusing. Two giant kids running around who only knew each others names (and not other players), and scored beaucoups goals. And their teammates from their other True team came to cheer them on, and didn't know what team their buddies were playing on at the moment. And the parents on the sideline didn't know the names of the hot shots, but just kind of smiled along. Again everybody was really nice, but I'm 97.3% sure this wasn't a legit rostering.

A few other sprinkles....HARDLY comprehensive..... from recent history, with True Maryland teams alone (my sons have played across Hoco A, AA, and AAA in 2025, 2028, and 2029 classes so we have not seen every True team at every event or league):

True Maryland (entire club, or whoever was there) was disqualified from a Cedar Lane (Harf Co) tournament in 2019, on the spot, for various roster violations across multiple teams. Had to pack up the tents and leave after event staff literally found a kid hiding in a tent, under a table while trying to verify a roster and "#22" was MIA. Maybe an Aloha event? Only vaguely remember which teams and who ran the event. Ironically, one of my first "modern" tournaments as a parent and I was like, holy cow, is this how it is every weekend? Answer: kinda, yes it is.

2028 True Baltimore repeatedly (2021-2022) used their 2027 goalie who was rostered at the same events and at Hoco...at the same park...at the same day...playing for both teams!!!!....it stopped after video was sent to Hoco league. I believe True called it an "oversight" and no forfeits were issued. Saw the 2027 on the 2028 sideline at a tourney but can't verify that he played......

2028 True Baltimore was found to have 5 roster violations (all starters) in a Hoco playoff game in 2021 (one version of the story says 9 players...but...). Players were forced to leave the field with their gear. Their first loss of the season I believe....and not close. Of course the club's response was that it was Hoco's fault that True didn't roster them. They were gonna get to the bottom of it!!!!! Didn't hear much followup from that one.

2028 True Chesapeake disintegrated in 2023 after two straight years of flying in (some rostered, some NOT) out of state True National team kids. All that, to try to get 1-2 wins in Elite and defend the team's "growth." Team folded, players went to Hawks and Clippers. Search the 2028 BOTC board for page upon page upon page of that drama. They'd fly kids in for a game with 91 (hoping to win), and then not fly them in vs Hawks (no chance to win, regardless). Again, almost opposite of the B League Ballers, those True Chesapeake players are at a high level and half or more might be on track to have an opportunity to play beyond HS. How are they helped (with their $3K club fees) in that quest if a FOGO from True IL is flown in for half of games? Even better was the completely public (also searchable on the 2028 board) absolutely BONKERS email from the True Ches head coach, blaming the team's dramatic (June/July) implosion on "parents' impossible expectations" and "prima dona players." Email was like 4 paragraphs long!!! Gosh we all love accountability except when we're the ones who have to take it!

Do a quick search of True's history on this topic, nationwide, and make up your own mind....see if you see any trends in the stories from TX to Minnesota to OH to PA to MD. If you're on the road, go visit the guys at ECD, Gait, Universal Lax, ULAX, Low Lax, or Lax Unlimited and strike up a conversation about True programs. Most of those guys at those stores played through HS Varsity (and MIAA) and also coach at a reasonably high level. See what they say. They're qualified to speak on it.

But yeah..... 100% glad that it's not your coach and your team. I love that for your sons. Hold tight to that situation 100%, and monitor it closely!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel really bad for you guys, though, less bad, since you seem to have a coach with some actual principles. Stick with him (coach) - especially when True gets rid of him. I'd follow an honorable coach from AAA to AA ball (or whatever) rather than.......you'll see here.

A Real quick list for those playing along at home, covering some known shenanigans from the 2023-2028 grad classes in recent years (and last weekend). This is not a controversial take.

2028 True Baltimore Black goalie played for both Black and Green teams at Beach lax. Black also added a rostered goalie from 91 for the event (no issue, totally legal...but really....for A league summer lax?). Playing on two teams is one of the only listed possible roster violation types at Beach Lax. So, there's not a lot of non-violation explanations for it. Everybody in HoCo A-AA-AAA knows the kid. By name. Great goalie, great kid. Roster violation.

There were two other 2028 violations from another True team, but it was beyond confusing. Two giant kids running around who only knew each others names (and not other players), and scored beaucoups goals. And their teammates from their other True team came to cheer them on, and didn't know what team their buddies were playing on at the moment. And the parents on the sideline didn't know the names of the hot shots, but just kind of smiled along. Again everybody was really nice, but I'm 97.3% sure this wasn't a legit rostering.

A few other sprinkles....HARDLY comprehensive..... from recent history, with True Maryland teams alone (my sons have played across Hoco A, AA, and AAA in 2025, 2028, and 2029 classes so we have not seen every True team at every event or league):

True Maryland (entire club, or whoever was there) was disqualified from a Cedar Lane (Harf Co) tournament in 2019, on the spot, for various roster violations across multiple teams. Had to pack up the tents and leave after event staff literally found a kid hiding in a tent, under a table while trying to verify a roster and "#22" was MIA. Maybe an Aloha event? Only vaguely remember which teams and who ran the event. Ironically, one of my first "modern" tournaments as a parent and I was like, holy cow, is this how it is every weekend? Answer: kinda, yes it is.

2028 True Baltimore repeatedly (2021-2022) used their 2027 goalie who was rostered at the same events and at Hoco...at the same park...at the same day...playing for both teams!!!!....it stopped after video was sent to Hoco league. I believe True called it an "oversight" and no forfeits were issued. Saw the 2027 on the 2028 sideline at a tourney but can't verify that he played......

2028 True Baltimore was found to have 5 roster violations (all starters) in a Hoco playoff game in 2021 (one version of the story says 9 players...but...). Players were forced to leave the field with their gear. Their first loss of the season I believe....and not close. Of course the club's response was that it was Hoco's fault that True didn't roster them. They were gonna get to the bottom of it!!!!! Didn't hear much followup from that one.

2028 True Chesapeake disintegrated in 2023 after two straight years of flying in (some rostered, some NOT) out of state True National team kids. All that, to try to get 1-2 wins in Elite and defend the team's "growth." Team folded, players went to Hawks and Clippers. Search the 2028 BOTC board for page upon page upon page of that drama. They'd fly kids in for a game with 91 (hoping to win), and then not fly them in vs Hawks (no chance to win, regardless). Again, almost opposite of the B League Ballers, those True Chesapeake players are at a high level and half or more might be on track to have an opportunity to play beyond HS. How are they helped (with their $3K club fees) in that quest if a FOGO from True IL is flown in for half of games? Even better was the completely public (also searchable on the 2028 board) absolutely BONKERS email from the True Ches head coach, blaming the team's dramatic (June/July) implosion on "parents' impossible expectations" and "prima dona players." Email was like 4 paragraphs long!!! Gosh we all love accountability except when we're the ones who have to take it!

Do a quick search of True's history on this topic, nationwide, and make up your own mind....see if you see any trends in the stories from TX to Minnesota to OH to PA to MD. If you're on the road, go visit the guys at ECD, Gait, Universal Lax, ULAX, Low Lax, or Lax Unlimited and strike up a conversation about True programs. Most of those guys at those stores played through HS Varsity (and MIAA) and also coach at a reasonably high level. See what they say. They're qualified to speak on it.

But yeah..... 100% glad that it's not your coach and your team. I love that for your sons. Hold tight to that situation 100%, and monitor it closely!!!!

Nauseating post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not try to read a post that tells you it is "HARDLY comprehensive" or comprehensible! Seems like your beef is mostly with True 2028 teams which is not relevant on a 2029 forum. Also seems like you are mainly concerned with Maryland. True Balt 2029 (Black and Green) didn't do too hot in the B brackets so again I assume you are talking about 2028. Is there a specific reason you are dropping knowledge in the 2029 forum? Are you an angry parent or a narc from another club trying to sew discontent before tryouts start?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True is a club for the fringe players whose parents are mostly delusional ...but this is over the top. Did True steal your lunch money and promise you millions and deliver pennies ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not try to read a post that tells you it is "HARDLY comprehensive" or comprehensible! Seems like your beef is mostly with True 2028 teams which is not relevant on a 2029 forum. Also seems like you are mainly concerned with Maryland. True Balt 2029 (Black and Green) didn't do too hot in the B brackets so again I assume you are talking about 2028. Is there a specific reason you are dropping knowledge in the 2029 forum? Are you an angry parent or a narc from another club trying to sew discontent before tryouts start?

It looks like most of the his issues are with 2028 and either True Maryland and True Baltimore. It would be complaining to me about how awful KFC is when I like Popeyes.

Almoat all clubs have thier issues on this topic and if they don't have these issues they have other problems. No clib isnperfect and if someone tells me that i know they are full of @ChillLaxin. I'm under no illusions that at the end of the day, clubs are businesses and want to make money. My son likes the team and rhe coach and he's developing into a good lax player. I am hoping to see what happens next year when they compete (or should compete) in the elite division. No idea how they'll do but my son wants to compete against them at the travel level (hes played against most of them NOVA kids at the rec level)

The parents on my sons team are mostly normal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like most of the his issues are with 2028 and either True Maryland and True Baltimore. It would be complaining to me about how awful KFC is when I like Popeyes.

Almoat all clubs have thier issues on this topic and if they don't have these issues they have other problems. No clib isnperfect and if someone tells me that i know they are full of @ChillLaxin. I'm under no illusions that at the end of the day, clubs are businesses and want to make money. My son likes the team and rhe coach and he's developing into a good lax player. I am hoping to see what happens next year when they compete (or should compete) in the elite division. No idea how they'll do but my son wants to compete against them at the travel level (hes played against most of them NOVA kids at the rec level)

The parents on my sons team are mostly normal.

Noted...but it's more like Tysons Corner KFC vs Potomac MD KFC. It's literally the same company. Two different franchises...owned by the same people and managed by different people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else doing the Millon Invitational this weekend? Is there anyone that can beat Fusion Futures? They are very impressive, does anyone know anything about them? I know they are a Philly based team, from what I saw last weekend they look like an all star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else doing the Millon Invitational this weekend? Is there anyone that can beat Fusion Futures? They are very impressive, does anyone know anything about them? I know they are a Philly based team, from what I saw last weekend they look like an all star team.

Futures is essentially a regional version of the old Nationals Team. Desi Gonzalez from nationals is coaching and running the same systems. Picked up some of the NXT Black top kids and a few Dukes players.

They also pull a couple of kids from NJ and MD (T91 and TC).

But their main benefit is having a core of 15 kids who have been playing together in a great system for the past 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Futures is essentially a regional version of the old Nationals Team. Desi Gonzalez from nationals is coaching and running the same systems. Picked up some of the NXT Black top kids and a few Dukes players.

But their main benefit is having a core of 15 kids who have been playing together in a great system for the past 5 years.
that and they only enter tournaments that bend the age rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that, makes sense, its always interesting to hear about how really good clubs come together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did enter the World Series...but didn't look anywhere near as dominant without the older players.

My kid told me they just picked up a reclass from Duke's '28, so I guess the rich get richer.

Be interesting to see if it holds next year when the '28 reclass kids are fully back playing '29.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 25% of their roster is not eligible for WSYL which has a Sept 1 birthdate cutoff. Not sure how many are summer (post June 1) birthdays vs. true reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately sign of the times. Same deal as Boston, TC, and every other regional all star team. They are big, fast and physical. Easily handled the hoco finalists last weekend, that should explain how good they are. They eye test could be another explanation, a team full of baby gronks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the 28 class was grandfathered in with holdbacks, but moving forward any age verified tourney and HOCO would still not allow kids beyond the June 1st date even as 8th graders next year. It’s how I read it, but. can someone explain to me if I’m wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age verification is this summers big joke. Nobody is checking and everyone is still cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age verification is this summers big joke. Nobody is checking and everyone is still cheating.
As long as you ignore the forefeit situation that occurred at the platinum cup a couple weeks ago, this is correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo. Holdback cheaters continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, they're checking...checking to make sure you paid the verification fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who forfeited in the 29 division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does not appear anyone forfeited at the 29 age. Must be a different age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the 28 class was grandfathered in with holdbacks, but moving forward any age verified tourney and HOCO would still not allow kids beyond the June 1st date even as 8th graders next year. It’s how I read it, but. can someone explain to me if I’m wrong

You are not missing anything and your impression is correct. No 28 will be able to holdback into the 29 class next year to play club lacrosse. They will have to play on age with a 28 team. The rules only grandfathered in 28s to allow for holdbacks to let the system work out the one year issue. For 8th grade and below, your kid needs to have been born within a specific 15 month window June 1st through December 31st of the next year. For HS, they are allowing holdbacks so in theory, a kid can play 5 (and I guess 6) years of lacrosse in HS. So instead of kids being held back in 5th, 6th or 7th, they will be held back after 9th grade and repeat that grade. That is certainly a good compromise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clubs are not taking that approach. Looks like all of them are opening up 2029 tryouts to the 2029 kids who had to play up at 2028 this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 71 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard