BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,941
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
morning everyone-can someone please explain showcases, how they work, how you get into them? Do you have to have your club coach sign off on it, or can a kid enter themselves? Son is interested in getting more exposure, wasn't sure how to get into some of these showcases that he's seen online. Thanks for the help.

It varies from showcase to showcase. Some are invite-only (but it's pretty simple, you apply and they maybe check with your club director). Others are wide open to anyone who has $ for them.

There are a lot of them that are just money grabs that aren't going to help your son get recruited. Be warned.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Venom parent whose son isn't playing-can someone comment on the top A/AA programs on the Island? I know there's not a ton, but I'll give mine, and feel free to correct it.

Venom
Express (black, not orange, not CoachC, not Houliahan LOL)
S2S? I know a few kids left, but are they still competitive?
Legacy/Igloo/Rush/BTB
True Blue

This is all for next year

Top AA - Venom, Express Black, New team AA
AA - S2S, BTB, Igloo, Surge, New team A
A- rebels black, frost, dune Dawgs, Gsb white, Hitmen, ECE, Express Orange

Where are these new teams coming from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Venom parent whose son isn't playing-can someone comment on the top A/AA programs on the Island? I know there's not a ton, but I'll give mine, and feel free to correct it.

Venom
Legacy/Igloo/Rush/BTB
True Blue

Just say it Legacy and Rush merger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Venom
Legacy/Igloo/Rush/BTB
True Blue

Legacy and Rush merging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any kid WANT to play against younger kids? Just to beat up on them and look good? That's not going to help them when they get to college.

I'd rather my son be so competitive that he never wants to play against little kids.

People losing their minds about their kids playing maybe 1 year older kids. Basically as a 9th grader, everyone is older. Noone cares about 7th or 8th grade lacrosse championships.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am officially convinced that the lacrosse world has gone fool. So now it’s ok for a kid to play in the 28 division if the kid should be a 27, but took the steps to reclass in school? But the line in the sand is if the kid is still officially a 27 but is just playing down with the 28’s? The fact that anyone with a brain thinks that either of these two scenarios is anything but pathetic is perplexing.
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.
It’s all parents taking advantage of the system which is beyond broken.
If your kid is playing with younger kids out of the designated USA lacrosse age guidelines, he is not good enough to hang with his peers.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not tough enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not fast enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not smart enough to have the level of lacrosse IQ to compete on age.
Plain hard truth. You’re looked at on the sidelines and people loathe you. Your kids are talked about by other coaches in a negative connotation. On Mondays from late May until late July, parents and kids mention your son’s name and or number and it is not nice comments that follow. Your kids are made fun of in group chats. Your kids are not respected as much as you thought they would be.

Amen to this!!

First off, you’re talking about children. Kids. Small humans. I’m going to bet you played lacrosse in high school, maybe D3 college, but probably not. And that’s because your parents didn’t push you. You had all of the potential but now those $6k fees you pay for your child are actually for you. For you to achieve your dreams through them, your only vessel to attain these “could haves.” It’s going to end buddy. High school will be over and once they’re in college they’ll likely get as far away from you as possible because you are unhinged and the pressure you placed on them. You definitely peaked in high school and you are definitely stuck there.

Holdback Daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am officially convinced that the lacrosse world has gone fool. So now it’s ok for a kid to play in the 28 division if the kid should be a 27, but took the steps to reclass in school? But the line in the sand is if the kid is still officially a 27 but is just playing down with the 28’s? The fact that anyone with a brain thinks that either of these two scenarios is anything but pathetic is perplexing.
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.
If your kid is playing with younger kids out of the designated USA lacrosse age guidelines, he is not good enough to hang with his peers.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not tough enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not fast enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not smart enough to have the level of lacrosse IQ to compete on age.
Plain hard truth. You’re looked at on the sidelines and people loathe you. Your kids are talked about by other coaches in a negative connotation. On Mondays from late May until late July, parents and kids mention your son’s name and or number and it is not nice comments that follow. Your kids are made fun of in group chats. Your kids are not respected as much as you thought they would be.

Amen to this!!

First off, you’re talking about children. Kids. Small humans. I’m going to bet you played lacrosse in high school, maybe D3 college, but probably not. And that’s because your parents didn’t push you. You had all of the potential but now those $6k fees you pay for your child are actually for you. For you to achieve your dreams through them, your only vessel to attain these “could haves.” It’s going to end buddy. High school will be over and once they’re in college they’ll likely get as far away from you as possible because you are unhinged and the pressure you placed on them. You definitely peaked in high school and you are definitely stuck there.

Holdback Daddy

Yup. Those small humans are beating up and taking advantage of smaller humans. You’ll never get it because you are not smart enough to comprehend simple things. You instead tell me my lacrosse background and how I’m living vicariously through my child. Yea ok, keep telling yourself that. You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about or who you are talking to. Take it to the Maryland board. You’ll fit right in there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

Holdback Daddy

Bud, it’s all going to be over in four years and what are you going to do then? You’ll have nothing left. No one to troll. No kids birthdays left to lookup. Maybe you can be a holdback vigilante and scour the 37’s rosters for cheaters. Let that be your legacy. You’re doing a good job taking youth sports way too seriously. Jokes on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

Holdback Daddy

Yup. Those small humans are beating up and taking advantage of smaller humans. You’ll never get it because you are not smart enough to comprehend simple things. You instead tell me my lacrosse background and how I’m living vicariously through my child. Yea ok, keep telling yourself that. You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about or who you are talking to. Take it to the Maryland board. You’ll fit right in there.
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

Holdback Daddy

Yep! You’re right. I don’t know who I’m talking to because you’re posting Anonymously, so if you’re trying to give off some big bag lax persona, it’s not working. I do wonder if this is how you are in real life or if you’re some World Wide Web warrior, typing on your laptop smelling your own farts, while your spouse…well you know. I love watching parents like you when their kid starts getting it handed to them in the 9th grade - it’ll start this summer when they begin playing with upperclassmen. How many times you all yell at the ref for a hard hit. These next four years are about to humble you and unfortunately your kid, because it sounds like you did not prepare them well for the licks he’s about to take on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

Holdback Daddy

Bud, it’s all going to be over in four years and what are you going to do then? You’ll have nothing left. No one to troll. No kids birthdays left to lookup. Maybe you can be a holdback vigilante and scour the 37’s rosters for cheaters. Let that be your legacy. You’re doing a good job taking youth sports way too seriously. Jokes on you.

News flash.
You’re talking to two different people.
News flash 2
Reclassed athletes can’t excel on age.
I’m sorry your son is not good enough to dominate in his true grade. In the grand scheme of things, lax is a dead end sport. So I am really sorry you took it so seriously you had to make your kid repeat a grade. Jokes on you and him.
Mostly you though. Imagine making fun of someone for thinking reclassing for sports is weak and calling them out for being obsessed, yet actually being the one to have your kid repeat a full year of school for the sole purpose of making up for shortcomings. SMH you’re pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rush/legacy has merged for the 2025 class (legrush) , so it makes sense if it happens to this class too. It might help make it easier for the parents to make a move and find another team where their son will see the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the express disaster and venom, top quality teams? What is this legacy rush merger looking like? Can't field 2 AA teams...so one is AA and one is A? Where do rebels fall into this? What about S2S?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom
Express
S2S
Legrush
Surge
Igloo
BTB
Rebels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the express disaster and venom, top quality teams? What is this legacy rush merger looking like? Can't field 2 AA teams...so one is AA and one is A? Where do rebels fall into this? What about S2S?

Heard that the Legacy/Rush merger is just for 1 AA team.
Legacy will still have a second team and so will Rush. There will not be 2 AA teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if accurate or not, but i had heard 2 AA teams, or at the very least, AA/A then Dune Dawgs (B)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard that the Legacy/Rush merger is just for 1 AA team.
Legacy will still have a second team and so will Rush. There will not be 2 AA teams

2025 merger lead to two Legacy Rush teams. One red (the AA team) and one white (A-B team). I'm not sure what they are doing for this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like 2 mediocre teams combining. Yeah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea when we stop everyone then we will see who mediocre

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most PAL teams can beat Rush and Legacy. This is not worthy of a BOTC post. Go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do turtles fit in here? Is it a good organization but not a strong 28 team? Or just not good in general?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most PAL teams can beat Rush and Legacy. This is not worthy of a BOTC post. Go away

Yea neither are any good. Can barely pass and throw. None of them will ever make their varsity teams. They should stop playing and save their parents money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea neither are any good. Can barely pass and throw. None of them will ever make their varsity teams. They should stop playing and save their parents money.

Tell me you're a dad who doesn't understand lacrosse or kids without telling me. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legrush is going to be INSANE!! Question is where do the kids that don’t make the AA team but think they should end up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

All true. But the kids are considered “the best in class” and even though people know the truth the kid gets the recognition. Like everyone’s dirty little secret

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express black better have given out black express helmets to the new players that will surely show up this weekend so it’s not SO obvious!!!!!!!
Must win. Must keep the brand relevant. Win at allllllll costs !!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Popped over to the MD 2028 forum and it’s very alive with a Leading Edge topic about a 2027 goalie playing down on their 2028 team. Apparently they’re using a kid who just finished 9th grade, and has no intention of reclassing— but rather, he is claiming that he will be doing a PG year after high school, which allows him to play down in 2028 for the next 4 years, which is utter B.S.. If that’s the case, as someone pointed out— every kid in America could claim they PLAN on doing a Pg after high school— and when it comes time, you’ve already finished your senior year, you simply say “nah, I’m going to college, I’m ready.” Meanwhile you just played down for 4 years.

This is VERY different than actually reclassing. I’m not in favor of that either, but it’s within the rules. But to say that you will reclass in 4 years is just absurd. Let’s see who Leading Shows up with in cage this weekend at Tri Star. They should get DQ’d if they’re using their 10th grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy parents are cray cray. Good luck with that lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Popped over to the MD 2028 forum and it’s very alive with a Leading Edge topic about a 2027 goalie playing down on their 2028 team. Apparently they’re using a kid who just finished 9th grade, and has no intention of reclassing— but rather, he is claiming that he will be doing a PG year after high school, which allows him to play down in 2028 for the next 4 years, which is utter B.S.. If that’s the case, as someone pointed out— every kid in America could claim they PLAN on doing a Pg after high school— and when it comes time, you’ve already finished your senior year, you simply say “nah, I’m going to college, I’m ready.” Meanwhile you just played down for 4 years.

This is VERY different than actually reclassing. I’m not in favor of that either, but it’s within the rules. But to say that you will reclass in 4 years is just absurd. Let’s see who Leading Shows up with in cage this weekend at Tri Star. They should get DQ’d if they’re using their 10th grader.

Actually disagree. Postgrad is the smarter way to do this. U have to play w the kids ur competing w for recruiting. I understand if ur not actually going to postgrad it’s a scam, but would hope that’s not the case. The whole system is screwed. But I think this is the smart way to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually disagree. Postgrad is the smarter way to do this. U have to play w the kids ur competing w for recruiting. I understand if ur not actually going to postgrad it’s a scam, but would hope that’s not the case. The whole system is screwed. But I think this is the smart way to go

Smart way to go? You people are insane. The smart way to go is to play on age or up until high school. That’s how you become better. Then play against older in high school when puberty has settled in for all. Anyone who disagrees has a kid who just is flat out not good enough to do otherwise. Plain hard facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smart way to go? You people are insane. The smart way to go is to play on age or up until high school. That’s how you become better. Then play against older in high school when puberty has settled in for all. Anyone who disagrees has a kid who just is flat out not good enough to do otherwise. Plain hard facts.
Exactly. Not only is this not the “smart” way to go, it’s very much AGAINST THE RULES. If you’re not finishing 8th grade right now, you can’t play in 2028. You play 2027 till you actually reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please talk about the teams? All this babbling about reclassing and PG years is just drivel. There are no ENFORCED rules in club lacrosse. This is a business and nothing else. None of the program directors care about the age or class, they only care about winning. If they cared they would do something about but they don’t. And we as parents keep writing the checks so we are part of it too.

Enough already, the “rules” are a joke and we all know it. It is what it is.

Now who is winning tri-star this weekend??? I’m taking venom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TOO LOW COUGAR!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever made these brackets…. Needs to find a new profession, chances are all the 2-1 teams would have went 0-3 in black or blue brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express rolling. They got the “anti-venom”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blue bracket at Tristar is such a wonderful troll job by the tournament committee. Throw all of the notorious “hold back, I’m reclassing later” teams in one bracket together. It’s perfect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please talk about the teams? All this babbling about reclassing and PG years is just drivel. There are no ENFORCED rules in club lacrosse. This is a business and nothing else. None of the program directors care about the age or class, they only care about winning. If they cared they would do something about but they don’t. And we as parents keep writing the checks so we are part of it too.

My high schooler grew up in the game with no age guidelines and he played(s) with kids in his grade who are 2 years older than him. He’s quite the competitor now and will likely play in College. He’s started to play at their level and will be a beast of a senior. There’s no college prep when kids aren’t playing on diversified teams. Reality is when the weenie burger parents kid’s get to high school they’re going to get rolled. I’ve also seen when the parents are overly involved there is a lot more going on behind closed doors ant home and those kids get burnt and quit. Maybe clubs need to begin requiring parents to take Positive Coaching Alliance online parenting course in order for their kids to play on their team. Shut them all the fckup. Thank god for these patient clubs who can still keep this sport alive despite these saboteur parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dang. Both express team (LI and North) crushing venom today. Didn’t see that coming.

Anyone who was there have any observations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, if you don’t care that Leading Edge is using kids entering 10th grade on their 2028 team— I will tell you. Leading Edge will not lost a game. Period. And on Monday you’ll agree that 10th graders playing in a 2028 team might not be a fair proposition after all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blue bracket at Tristar is such a wonderful troll job by the tournament committee. Throw all of the notorious “hold back, I’m reclassing later” teams in one bracket together. It’s perfect.

All ages were verified

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute lie!

My son was there, his team was never checked, they might have had a roster sent in, but no one was checking at the event!

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard