BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,003
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 294 of 333 1 2 292 293 294 295 296 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All this JC talk is great. Can JC get its act together and keep most of the above average talent in Harford county? If they do, they can become respectable, and then the top talent will stay. They link up with a club (not much to choose from) and could turn it all around. The drive time will only be getting longer and longer into Baltimore county.

We love the JC talk down here in AA Co.

They are doing a good job recruiting. All the Baltimore programs are getting squeezed for kids. It's not a coincidence that so many of them are resorting to out of state kids now that the good kids are staying at JC

JC folks like to simultaneously argue that the Harford County kids don't have the skills to make an impact at the "Big Schools" .... I think the usual quote is "they get lost on the bench." As if the boys have no role in that outcome whatsoever, they're just not that good and it's "decided" somehow?

AND (again, simultaneously....)

Keeping those same kids local at JC is going to transform those non-impact players into kids who can beat the "Big Schools." Logically, both of those things can't be true, at least most of the time.

To that point, I know the BOTC rallying cry is "But Pat Spencer" in terms of coaching/zero-to-hero/player development and senior year impact (and it's an OK example and a GREAT story), but also remember that Pat Spencer held back a year at St Marys (pre-K or K) and held back another year at BL (8th) so he was not a spring chicken in his senior year. Dude was seriously ready.

Spencer was a Double Holdback then . Did not know that. I expected him to be a holdback like most of starters at BL, but not a Double.

I remember the year I told someone BL was undefeated and a great High School team. He looked at me with sarcasm and said, they should be, they are all college freshman.

Remember that when everyone says how great our youth teams are compared to Long Island. They should be better they are OLDER. Hence why everyone is afraid to do the World Series.

Yeah like LI has no holdbacks...but it's true that it's less pervasive bc even Catholic HS is $70k there.

BL doesn’t have hold backs. They don’t allow it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I’m not sure if this has been discussed and I tried to find it on the internet. I was having a discussion and the hold back scenario in lacrosse and the millon boys were mentioned and their age. Why is it so secretive about them being true age or holdbacks. So how old are they? Just wondering. Doesn’t matter for the older anymore because “he gone”. Word is the older was a double and younger is at least one. Can some verify this info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long will pinhead Loyola AD be around after letting football team go to the hood to play Dunbar?! Jesus Christ. What an [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I’m not sure if this has been discussed and I tried to find it on the internet. I was having a discussion and the hold back scenario in lacrosse and the millon boys were mentioned and their age. Why is it so secretive about them being true age or holdbacks. So how old are they? Just wondering. Doesn’t matter for the older anymore because “he gone”. Word is the older was a double and younger is at least one. Can some verify this info?

The younger is 27

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long will pinhead Loyola AD be around after letting football team go to the hood to play Dunbar?! Jesus Christ. What an [Censored].

Are you joking? If not, try being a better human being. Jesus.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think he is solely responsible for that decision? Come on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there , Another day in Paradise according to paper. Looks like LB was on roll.

" The defending Class 2A/1A state champion Poets were taking on Loyola Blakefield in their home opener, and were down 21-0 just before halftime. In a video clip of the game streamed by the NFHS Network and posted by Fox Baltimore, a stream of automatic gunfire can be heard, and players and spectators are seen running toward the southwest end of the stadium amid screams coming from the stands."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you joking? If not, try being a better human being. Jesus.

At least this woke guy got quoted, And best news, the weather was idea for game and shooting !

The parent, who did not want to be identified, said he had called the mayor’s office and city schools police prior to the game asking for assurances that — in the wake of the Brooklyn Homes shooting — there would be adequate police presence.

“I don’t fault the opposing team or anybody,” he said. “In an ideal world we could’ve resumed the game and risen above, but for safety reasons, that couldn’t happen.”

Scott noted the ideal weather at the time the shooting occurred.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it still ok playing a lacrosse game at Gonzaga or should schools not go there either?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The older was a single holdback, once his father discovered the world of holdbacks he held him back . Somewhat older holdback but no different than many. MM has given his son all the advantages he can and sure wasnt going to let others get an advantage his son didnt. Frankly dont blame him for holding him back.
This is a classic case of holdback working. Many say it all evens out as they get into HS. Total BS as there is a big advantage being a holdback in youth and carries to HS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it still ok playing a lacrosse game at Gonzaga or should schools not go there either?

Omar, Marlo and Chris dont live there, so all clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think he is solely responsible for that decision? Come on!

The buck stops with him. Poor decision to have students, parents/fans and staff in the worst part of the city with a game starting at 6p and ending after dark (though it was light when shots fired). It’s asking for an issue. Host Dunbar at Loyola or play in a neutral/safer part of town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So yes mm holding his kid back is a smart business move for mm and keeping his legacy going. Wondering where the older would be if he wasn’t a “single holdback”. Psychologically how will junior feel when he realizes he was a business decision. Hopefully it won’t bother him. Hey maybe he can even run a club business. The name team 92 in available. #livinginpapasshadow #growyourownid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So yes mm holding his kid back is a smart business move for mm and keeping his legacy going. Wondering where the older would be if he wasn’t a “single holdback”. Psychologically how will junior feel when he realizes he was a business decision. Hopefully it won’t bother him. Hey maybe he can even run a club business. The name team 92 in available. #livinginpapasshadow #growyourownid

He was a top player their first championship even graced the cover of the us lax mag before the season so clearly the holdback wasn’t needed. Holding your kid back for athletics shows your doubt in them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM has a well deserved reputation in the lacrosse world. Not in a good way to most except those that can make lacrosse money along with him. Many dislike his way of revolving the team around his own along with some other undesirable traits while coaching youth teams. I am sure his holdback could care less about getting held back or being used for promoting MM and more than his likely business one day . I havent a clue what his whole lacrosse business brings in, but I bet it is north of 200K a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM income far exceeds 200k a year, closer to 1 million!!

Son #1 is a single holdback who graduated on age due to entering the school system one year early

Son # 2 is not a hold back at all and is also young for his grade.

Stop blaming clubs for holdback parents chose if their son is held back. Quite crying about it!’ Your complaint really isn’t about hold backs it’s about private schools which you envy to a point of detest . Don’t blame parents who choose to spend their money to help give their sons a leg up.

They’ll be great college players the minutes they step onto the UVA campus where their age will mean absolutely nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was a top player their first championship even graced the cover of the us lax mag before the season so clearly the holdback wasn’t needed. Holding your kid back for athletics shows your doubt in them.

Holdback worked. He was held back prior to High School. Pretty Decent average player before being heldback at youth. Nothing special on his youth club teams besides father giving him the ball every time he could. Then Heldback, became a much improved youth player. Given the the ball all the time in club by father coach and you have what you have today.

Sorry all you naysayers, Holding back in youth works, increases your chances of starting on club, gives you confidence to beat up on younger players, and getting more playing time than on age lesser skilled players. That is the MD MIAA way , and will continue as private school parents are not giving back this big advantage to play lacrosse. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son #1 is a single holdback who graduated on age due to entering the school system one year early

Stop blaming clubs for holdback parents chose if their son is held back. Quite crying about it!’ Your complaint really isn’t about hold backs it’s about private schools which you envy to a point of detest . Don’t blame parents who choose to spend their money to help give their sons a leg up.

They’ll be great college players the minutes they step onto the UVA campus where their age will mean absolutely nothing.

Calm down there , #1 is a holdback, no big deal as most better MIAA players are. Hard to graduate on age when you are heldback. Starting school early and then heldback one year would have meant he was a on age during club and HS. Which he wasnt. My son played on one of his teams and he is a very good player.

Private schools are the main source of holdbacks. Prefirst classes are full every year because the boys and more and more girls cant keep up with kindergarten. I know, the MIAA schools are off the chart difficult, so they need it more than public school kids. But for some reason all those Honors/AP taking high SAT/ACT on age public school kids do fine in High School ? And many on age [Censored] school students go on to the same colleges as MIAA school students without being held back. This from a parent whose kid went to private K-12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son #2 played on Team 91 MD 2024 until couple years ago, when he switched to 2025. Splain that Lucy. BTW, never anything special on 2024 team. Never noticed him.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this JC talk is great. Can JC get its act together and keep most of the above average talent in Harford county? If they do, they can become respectable, and then the top talent will stay. They link up with a club (not much to choose from) and could turn it all around. The drive time will only be getting longer and longer into Baltimore county.

We love the JC talk down here in AA Co.

They are doing a good job recruiting. All the Baltimore programs are getting squeezed for kids. It's not a coincidence that so many of them are resorting to out of state kids now that the good kids are staying at JC

JC folks like to simultaneously argue that the Harford County kids don't have the skills to make an impact at the "Big Schools" .... I think the usual quote is "they get lost on the bench." As if the boys have no role in that outcome whatsoever, they're just not that good and it's "decided" somehow?

AND (again, simultaneously....)

Keeping those same kids local at JC is going to transform those non-impact players into kids who can beat the "Big Schools." Logically, both of those things can't be true, at least most of the time.

To that point, I know the BOTC rallying cry is "But Pat Spencer" in terms of coaching/zero-to-hero/player development and senior year impact (and it's an OK example and a GREAT story), but also remember that Pat Spencer held back a year at St Marys (pre-K or K) and held back another year at BL (8th) so he was not a spring chicken in his senior year. Dude was seriously ready.

Spencer was a Double Holdback then . Did not know that. I expected him to be a holdback like most of starters at BL, but not a Double.

I remember the year I told someone BL was undefeated and a great High School team. He looked at me with sarcasm and said, they should be, they are all college freshman.

Remember that when everyone says how great our youth teams are compared to Long Island. They should be better they are OLDER. Hence why everyone is afraid to do the World Series.

Yeah like LI has no holdbacks...but it's true that it's less pervasive bc even Catholic HS is $70k there.

BL doesn’t have hold backs. They don’t allow it.

In the 10 year existence of 2024 club lacrosse, best team is team 91 Wolfpack from Long Island. Can’t be argued, based on the record. Got their first ever holdback last year, which was a favor. And based on the WSYL 9/1 cut off date, he is only a holdback by 4 hours. I don’t believe that’s even a holdback by MD dates. Prior to that boy, never, ever had a holdback. Ponder for a moment. Legacy Taz has 2 holdbacks and they aren’t top tier players on that team. Not sure how many express had but I’d say 4-5, simply because of their connection to the 2 catholic schools. Speaking of the 2 Catholics, I know of all the 2024’s and most 2025’s. There are extremely few holdbacks on those teams too. Holdbacks simply aren’t the culture on Long Island. Mostly because there are no boarding schools, I would imagine. But the clubs don’t push it either. I’ve never heard of a director from any team approaching a parent about holding back their child “to stay elite”. Absolutely does not happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Son #2 played on Team 91 MD 2024 until couple years ago, when he switched to 2025. Splain that Lucy. BTW, never anything special on 2024 team. Never noticed him.

Ever hear of playing up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son #1 and Son #2 both played up in club until high school. #2 made the switch to on age his freshman year with no hold back. #1 waiting until his 22 graduated before he dropped to 23.
All private and Catholic Schools have “holdbacks” No matter the schools location. Just not public school where you just manipulate the age your child enters the public school system. Every kid that leaves public school to enter high school should be held back at least three years in order to catch up academically.
Quite using the holdback system for your failure as a parent for not sending your kid to private school. Public school lacrosse no matter where have a very slim chance of playing D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holman hired as Severn head coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which Holman, father or son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school lacrosse no matter where have a very slim chance of playing D1.

No matter where in MD maybe. But no one is getting recruited based on where they go to high school. Kids get recruited bc of club ball; it just so happens that the best players want to play in the MIAA. Kids on 2025 91 for example could've enrolled in any public school and it wouldn't affect their recruiting one iota.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happen to Christie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son #1 and Son #2 both played up in club until high school. #2 made the switch to on age his freshman year with no hold back. #1 waiting until his 22 graduated before he dropped to 23.
All private and Catholic Schools have “holdbacks” No matter the schools location. Just not public school where you just manipulate the age your child enters the public school system. Every kid that leaves public school to enter high school should be held back at least three years in order to catch up academically.
Quite using the holdback system for your failure as a parent for not sending your kid to private school. Public school lacrosse no matter where have a very slim chance of playing D1.

You really are all in for defending them. Not sure what the big deal is. #1 is a Holdback , Big Deal so are many MIAA players. He is a good player. At one time in young youth he played up as a 2021, He is on age 2022, really simple. He graduated in 2023 . Not sure why you are making this a big deal. He graduated and is going to top University , it is what it is .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn changes coaches like underwear.
Who got the Severna Park job?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn changes coaches like underwear.
Who got the Severna Park job?

One of those jobs that really mean little. Art Teacher could be the coach and team would be about same team. Last i heard, they were talking with some former D2 coach. If they get him, it will be a big surprise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a loe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure whether the Severn news is true or just gossip. But a coaching change means nothing if they can't get the administration to be more supportive of athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure whether the Severn news is true or just gossip. But a coaching change means nothing if they can't get the administration to be more supportive of athletics.

With the decline of St Mary’s sports kids that don’t choose spalding. Severn could be a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they do a good job of pulling in a few kids per sport, but its not a big school with tough academics so finding good athletes amongst the gen pop is a challenge. Obviously it is also significantly more expensive than the other local choices (St Marys and Spalding).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He obviously did a great job at Utah and Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the decline of St Mary’s sports kids that don’t choose spalding. Severn could be a good fit.

Explain how St. Mary's sports are in decline. I think they are in the playoffs for lacrosse every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explain how St. Mary's sports are in decline. I think they are in the playoffs for lacrosse every year.

Let me how this years goes. Bottom feeders. Btw top 6 in a 10 team field is not that hard to do.

Spalding runs annapolis now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me how this years goes. Bottom feeders. Btw top 6 in a 10 team field is not that hard to do.

Spalding has more to offer . Academics and Sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Don’t blame parents who choose to spend their money to help give their sons a leg up." So is this quote basically saying lets buy our son an opportunity. I understand paying money to develop, build skills, get better training, grow academically, etc. But pay to get this kind of advantage is simple silly. Lesson - If you got the money you can buy your way to what you want. Lets play with those that make me look good.

Like Reply Quote
Page 294 of 333 1 2 292 293 294 295 296 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard