BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,953
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 83 of 87 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% ignorant. Helps to play for top club but ONLY if you actually see the field. There is place to play in college for anyone that has the talent, regardless of what club you play for. That is a fact.

The top clubs get players almost exclusively from the top clubs these days. Show me 1 club other than Heros,Sw,M&D that sent a player to a top 30 college. They take players that play the best competition for them to evaluate. I’m sorry your lil club team took offense but it is true. I’m sure you will look it up now.
I know of girls from those above clubs that sit the bench at “top schools”, so is that what your daughter is looking for? So, send you daughter somewhere where she doesn’t play? How fun for her

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs get players almost exclusively from the top clubs these days. Show me 1 club other than Heros,Sw,M&D that sent a player to a top 30 college. They take players that play the best competition for them to evaluate. I’m sorry your lil club team took offense but it is true. I’m sure you will look it up now.[/quote]

Without even looking it up I can tell you CheckHers, TLC, Integrity, C2 and NEMS all have 24's committed to top thirty schools. Sorry but it's true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs get players almost exclusively from the top clubs these days. Show me 1 club other than Heros,Sw,M&D that sent a player to a top 30 college. They take players that play the best competition for them to evaluate. I’m sorry your lil club team took offense but it is true. I’m sure you will look it up now.

Without even looking it up I can tell you CheckHers, TLC, Integrity, C2 and NEMS all have 24's committed to top thirty schools. Sorry but it's true[/quote]

Just go ahead and look it up. Nems yes! They are a top team in 24 age group. The other 3 are lucky to be in top half. C2 dies have Rutgers at like 35. I know you want to feel included in the good lax talk but it’s just not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% ignorant. Helps to play for top club but ONLY if you actually see the field. There is place to play in college for anyone that has the talent, regardless of what club you play for. That is a fact.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Are you new to the club scene?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without even looking it up I can tell you CheckHers, TLC, Integrity, C2 and NEMS all have 24's committed to top thirty schools. Sorry but it's true

Just go ahead and look it up. Nems yes! They are a top team in 24 age group. The other 3 are lucky to be in top half. C2 dies have Rutgers at like 35. I know you want to feel included in the good lax talk but it’s just not happening.[/quote]
But you being a 💩 head is definitely happening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go ahead and look it up. Nems yes! They are a top team in 24 age group. The other 3 are lucky to be in top half. C2 dies have Rutgers at like 35. I know you want to feel included in the good lax talk but it’s just not happening.[/quote]

i don't even understand your posts. Yes the top three probably have the most players go to top thirty schools but the other clubs mentioned had plenty of girls committed to top schools and Ivy league schools. Plus schools like Clemson and USF which will be top 30. You keep saying "look it up" so I did and there are girls going to highly ranked lax schools from those clubs

i can't decide if you're a SW or M&D parent ???!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good showing for the two Maryland teams in AS this week for the 26 teams. The 25 teams were worse. Both were 0-4.

The selection process is flawed, the talent is watered down with two teams and NB AA the same time, the talent isn't what it used to be or people are avoiding this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good showing for the two Maryland teams in AS this week for the 26 teams. The 25 teams were worse. Both were 0-4.

The selection process is flawed, the talent is watered down with two teams and NB AA the same time, the talent isn't what it used to be or people are avoiding this event.

Probably a bit of both. AA also is in MD and not DE so players can just stay at home. After a summer full of travel, that is probably a big draw for MD people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why 2 hour tryouts miss the mark
Fast and dense doesn’t equal good lax, but playoffs aren’t over just yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a bit of both. AA also is in MD and not DE so players can just stay at home. After a summer full of travel, that is probably a big draw for MD people.

MDs 2027 (LI) an 2028 (PA) also lost.

I think having mulitple teams kinds split up the talent a bit. Not a true A and B, likely unintentional but the same result regardless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDs 2027 (LI) an 2028 (PA) also lost.

I think having mulitple teams kinds split up the talent a bit. Not a true A and B, likely unintentional but the same result regardless.

Agree. There should only be one team representing each regions. But sometimes $$ talks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And are they really tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best talent is not at All American

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say for Maryland it is. The Baltimore teams have all the top players saving money and staying home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say for Maryland it is. The Baltimore teams have all the top players saving money and staying home.[/quote]

Yea ok dad coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say for Maryland it is. The Baltimore teams have all the top players saving money and staying home.

Yea ok dad coach[/quote]

Results speak for themselves. A few top players at AS but majority at AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok dad coach[/quote]

Bad guess! I know the teams and talent is thin as AS at 25 and 26.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talent for MD maybe, but good competition probably not. Talent was strong for other regions at AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talent for MD maybe, but good competition probably not. Talent was strong for other regions at AS.

Yes cause clubs get kickbacks for regions like Md paying $1000 per player. Ct , upstate , Florida , Colorado and Jersey send almost entire club teams to these select events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It certainly seems like Maryland had pretty solid AA squad. They throttled everyone including Conny. Teams at that tourney shouldn't be winning 19-3 against other hotbed teams. Having two all star events the same weekend is clearly affecting the quality at both. The two teams at AS clearly didn't have the same success. Maybe the other regions chose better AS teams than AA.

But for the 25s and somewhat the 26s, I guess they have expanded the amount of girls getting exposed to college coaches.

Now if they can make the selection/tryout process completely anonymous for each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
End of day, it’s a good thing to have these two events competing, as it allows girls to get more exposure, which is what girls need and coaches want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It certainly seems like Maryland had pretty solid AA squad. They throttled everyone including Conny. Teams at that tourney shouldn't be winning 19-3 against other hotbed teams. Having two all star events the same weekend is clearly affecting the quality at both. The two teams at AS clearly didn't have the same success. Maybe the other regions chose better AS teams than AA.

But for the 25s and somewhat the 26s, I guess they have expanded the amount of girls getting exposed to college coaches.

Now if they can make the selection/tryout process completely anonymous for each.

If they weren’t the same weekend the same kids would make both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they weren’t the same weekend the same kids would make both teams.[/quote]

maybe maybe not but you can't have daddy coaches or evaluators or train with edge lacrosse haha it's a joke anyways

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go ahead and look it up. Nems yes! They are a top team in 24 age group. The other 3 are lucky to be in top half. C2 dies have Rutgers at like 35. I know you want to feel included in the good lax talk but it’s just not happening.

i don't even understand your posts. Yes the top three probably have the most players go to top thirty schools but the other clubs mentioned had plenty of girls committed to top schools and Ivy league schools. Plus schools like Clemson and USF which will be top 30. You keep saying "look it up" so I did and there are girls going to highly ranked lax schools from those clubs

i can't decide if you're a SW or M&D parent ???!![/quote]
Definitely SW. The Hero's and M&D crowd are generally confident in their program and kid. The SW crowd has a serious and growing insecurity issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guess if you need a club to go to checkhers, only have 16 on their roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start off by saying I don't have a kid who tried out for this, but I was looking at the U16 USA Developmental team (invited to combine not final team) and just noticed a lot less MD girls on the list. I looked up last year, 23 MD girls, this year 5.

That's a huge drop. Is local talent down in the 2025/2026 or was there different evaluators who went with girls they knew better or something odd with MD Region tryouts?

Here are the invites from 2022 to 2023 by state.

For a "hotbed" area only to have 5 girls, is wild to me.

The NY/NJ/CT region went from 26 to 41.

Anyone with insight or thoughts?

U16 2022 84
CA 5
CO 5
CT 6
D.C. 1
DE 1
FL 4
IL 2
MA 1
MD 23
MI 2
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 5
NY 15
PA 7
TX 2
VT 1
WA 1

U16 2023 77
CA 3
CT 9
FL 2
IL 1
MA 5
MD 5
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 9
NY 23
PA 5
TN 1
TX 5
UT 1
VA 4
WI 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 issues. Talent level at 24 was loaded last year for 1 so lots more made it.
Talent isn’t as deep with 25/26 and cost to play extra lacrosse during vacation time might not be worth it at $1200. The US girls selected play at 3 team tournament in Sept where they win all games by 10 as well.

Ask any girl that made combine last year why they didn’t go back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start off by saying I don't have a kid who tried out for this, but I was looking at the U16 USA Developmental team (invited to combine not final team) and just noticed a lot less MD girls on the list. I looked up last year, 23 MD girls, this year 5.

That's a huge drop. Is local talent down in the 2025/2026 or was there different evaluators who went with girls they knew better or something odd with MD Region tryouts?

U16 2022 84
CA 5
CO 5
CT 6
D.C. 1
DE 1
FL 4
IL 2
MA 1
MD 23
MI 2
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 5
NY 15
PA 7
TX 2
VT 1
WA 1

U16 2023 77
CA 3
CT 9
FL 2
IL 1
MA 5
MD 5
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 9
NY 23
PA 5
TN 1
TX 5
UT 1
VA 4
WI 1

While it’s an honor, the quality of opponents is terrible. DD teammate was on the U16 team last year and chose not to do U18 for that reason. It just wasn’t worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people crack me up. Half your kids will be burned out by college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U16 2022 84
CA 5
CO 5
CT 6
D.C. 1
DE 1
FL 4
IL 2
MA 1
MD 23
MI 2
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 5
NY 15
PA 7
TX 2
VT 1
WA 1

U16 2023 77
CA 3
CT 9
FL 2
IL 1
MA 5
MD 5
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 9
NY 23
PA 5
TN 1
TX 5
UT 1
VA 4
WI 1

While it’s an honor, the quality of opponents is terrible. DD teammate was on the U16 team last year and chose not to do U18 for that reason. It just wasn’t worth it.

i dont think its that the evaluators didnt select girls... i think more of the better girls lack interest in pursuing this because of the aforementioned lack of competition... big investment of time and money, to go destroy some teams one weekend... definitely an honor, but the juice isnt really worth the squeeze (especially for '25s who are focused on recruiting)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U16 2022 84
CA 5
CO 5
CT 6
D.C. 1
DE 1
FL 4
IL 2
MA 1
MD 23
MI 2
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 5
NY 15
PA 7
TX 2
VT 1
WA 1

U16 2023 77
CA 3
CT 9
FL 2
IL 1
MA 5
MD 5
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 9
NY 23
PA 5
TN 1
TX 5
UT 1
VA 4
WI 1

Also, these are the "accepted" invites. I am sure more than that actually went out. I believe the Combine can have up to 88 girls... interesting only 77 going this year... thats a true measure of the lack of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is because M&D Skywalkers and Coppermine STILL havent released rosters!!!!!!!! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U16 2022 84
CA 5
CO 5
CT 6
D.C. 1
DE 1
FL 4
IL 2
MA 1
MD 23
MI 2
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 5
NY 15
PA 7
TX 2
VT 1
WA 1

U16 2023 77
CA 3
CT 9
FL 2
IL 1
MA 5
MD 5
NC 2
NH 1
NJ 9
NY 23
PA 5
TN 1
TX 5
UT 1
VA 4
WI 1

i dont think its that the evaluators didnt select girls... i think more of the better girls lack interest in pursuing this because of the aforementioned lack of competition... big investment of time and money, to go destroy some teams one weekend... definitely an honor, but the juice isnt really worth the squeeze (especially for '25s who are focused on recruiting)

Exactly. It's not like this is a World Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best girls will not be at this event. Not worth the time and money and they know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best girls will not be at this event. Not worth the time and money and they know it.

Come on, look at who was on last years team, they were elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, look at who was on last years team, they were elite.

There is enough talent for sure. Some of that elite talent from last year didn’t return either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without even looking it up I can tell you CheckHers, TLC, Integrity, C2 and NEMS all have 24's committed to top thirty schools. Sorry but it's true[/quote]

Checkers Tlc and C2 are bad! No way any player from those clubs will ever play at a top 30 school they committed to. Still not sure what top 30 college recruited a checkers or Tlc kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checkers Tlc and C2 are bad! No way any player from those clubs will ever play at a top 30 school they committed to. Still not sure what top 30 college recruited a checkers or Tlc kid.[/quote]

Denver had a TLC player this year who was a captain and starter. Syracuse has a freshman (last year) from C2 who played quoted a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m talking 24s and the c2 girl didn’t get in to games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checkers Tlc and C2 are bad! No way any player from those clubs will ever play at a top 30 school they committed to. Still not sure what top 30 college recruited a checkers or Tlc kid.

Denver had a TLC player this year who was a captain and starter. Syracuse has a freshman (last year) from C2 who played quoted a bit.[/quote]
Can not compare older TLC players (2019 and older) to current TLC recruiting - it is night and day. And the 22 C2 player only played minutes to seconds in the end of blow out games.

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 87 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard