BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,813
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 198 of 333 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason LB coaches flooded the field with backups while they were so far ahead is to ensure they got their 2-mins of fame and are now ineligible to transfer schools...suckers!!! Enjoy the bench fellas!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In the bigger picture outside of STM big scrimmage win.

Nationally everyone wants to see St. John’s play Brunswick at some point this season. Would be a great game by two National Lacrosse powers. Seems odd that they aren’t wanting a STM vs Brunswick game.

Then again maybe the call was made to STM coach and he didn’t answer the call. Maybe their alumni on Twitter and Facebook should reach out to coach and ask him to answer the phone when real competition calls. I think coach is saving the school from being embarrassed.

Brunswick beat Gtown prep 11-7
St Mary’s beat Gtown prep 10-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t ever recall MIAA fans having a good year worry so much about the WCAC. Congrats on your season SJC. Stop worrying about other people’s schedules and focus on Good Counsel.

How about you stm dads stay off social media bragging about a scrimmage? Clowns.

Severna park? So tough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Johns is your 2022 Natty Champs! I have no dog on their team but they have kicked all comers in the teeth this year & they are one of the best teams any coach has put together in the past 10 years including all of Kellys 3 peat teams. Good job Plank! You did what you said you would. The MIAA could put together an all star team and still lose by 3 to SJC this year. SJC beat BL, CHC & would smoke St Marys but the Saints pad their schedule with public schools that take them to OT & wouldn’t dare schedule a real out of conference team like SJC. You’re the best team hands down. Enjoy it you earned it!

St. Marys beat SJC by 1 in a scrimmage this year.

STM dads are clowns. They won a scrimmage. 🤪

Haha. When starters were in, wasn't competitive. SM scored 1 goal.

6-1 end of 1st half. SJC let bench play. Wasn’t a competition for starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t ever recall MIAA fans having a good year worry so much about the WCAC. Congrats on your season SJC. Stop worrying about other people’s schedules and focus on Good Counsel.

Every team this year is GC when they play St. John’s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time ever to watch 3 refs sprint and straight run to their cars after the MSJ/Catonsville game… They knew how bad they messed up… Criminal the way MSJ was treated…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catonsville best MSJ 9-8 today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey
John Carrol over LB by 3….watch!

I was there and watched Loyola blow JC out 11-3. It was 11-1 when LB's backups went into the game. Ouch for JC fans. Very quiet on their side. Makes one wonder what's wrong at CHC to lose to those guys.

if you were the roided up quarter zip Loyola dad screaming at the refs, you were a class act and really showed Loyola values…

Loyola dad here...we would all like that guy to take it down about 10 notches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationally everyone wants to see St. John’s play Brunswick at some point this season. Would be a great game by two National Lacrosse powers. Seems odd that they aren’t wanting a STM vs Brunswick game.

Then again maybe the call was made to STM coach and he didn’t answer the call. Maybe their alumni on Twitter and Facebook should reach out to coach and ask him to answer the phone when real competition calls. I think coach is saving the school from being embarrassed.
Facts! I read this in the Calvert County Times. Apparently, a recent Gallup Poll revealed that next to the economy and ahead of the war in Ukraine, nationally, people were concerned about Brunswick’s scheduling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time ever to watch 3 refs sprint and straight run to their cars after the MSJ/Catonsville game… They knew how bad they messed up… Criminal the way MSJ was treated…

Boy, that's really weak and a disservice to MSJ's kids, implying they were incapable of controlling their own destiny. If MSJ was penalized once, I don't recall it. CHS was penalized, and rightly so, in excess of 5 times - that's 5 or more EMO opportunities, a couple of which MSJ took advantage of, but fewer than they could have. Thought questionable non-goal calls were even. Looked like CHS scored one that was missed in the 1st half, and the same happened to MSJ in the 2d half. Yesterday, looked like 2 reasonably-even-matched teams went at it, and one came up a goal short. The refs weren't perfect, but humans rarely are, and to imply that they were an insurmountable problem or the reason MSJ lost is to cheapen the efforts/play of both teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Refs should hit the wall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Refs should hit the wall

Refs should have to play a scrimmage against St. Mary’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. MSJ had its chances but they seemed very undisciplined in the second half. Catonsville got it done. Kudos to the Catonsville kids. They celebrated after the game and rightly so. Big win for them. Props to Catonsville for winning and props to MSJ for playing Catonsville every year. It was a great atmosphere at CHS yesterday as the two schools are so close to one another. I hope they continue the tradition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, that's really weak and a disservice to MSJ's kids, implying they were incapable of controlling their own destiny. If MSJ was penalized once, I don't recall it. CHS was penalized, and rightly so, in excess of 5 times - that's 5 or more EMO opportunities, a couple of which MSJ took advantage of, but fewer than they could have. Thought questionable non-goal calls were even. Looked like CHS scored one that was missed in the 1st half, and the same happened to MSJ in the 2d half. Yesterday, looked like 2 reasonably-even-matched teams went at it, and one came up a goal short. The refs weren't perfect, but humans rarely are, and to imply that they were an insurmountable problem or the reason MSJ lost is to cheapen the efforts/play of both teams.

Get a grip. MSJ was penalized multiple times, especially in 4th Qtr. The problem with these games is MIAA plays by college rules-publics don’t. Cville goalie got the ref to reverse a goal call where the MSJ shooter stepped in crease after the ball was clearly in cage-because that is how he is use to playing. There were so many bad calls in the 4th Qtr that it would take an hour to list. Nothing for MIAA teams to gain in these games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a grip. MSJ was penalized multiple times, especially in 4th Qtr. The problem with these games is MIAA plays by college rules-publics don’t. Cville goalie got the ref to reverse a goal call where the MSJ shooter stepped in crease after the ball was clearly in cage-because that is how he is use to playing. There were so many bad calls in the 4th Qtr that it would take an hour to list. Nothing for MIAA teams to gain in these games.

The refs were probably calling the game close so it would not get out of hand like the last time an MSJ played a Public team at Westminster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, the refs; now, the rules. MSJ penalties in the 4th qtr/so many bad calls - list anyway. I've got an hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey

I was there and watched Loyola blow JC out 11-3. It was 11-1 when LB's backups went into the game. Ouch for JC fans. Very quiet on their side. Makes one wonder what's wrong at CHC to lose to those guys.
You'll get your chance at Calvert Hall. We'll see who is quiet in that game.

The funny thing is, 30 days ago, you CHC dads would not have entertained (with even a single taunt) the possibility that LB would have a chance against CHC. Results against common opponents aren't everything, but they aren't nothing. Should be a great game but I think I'd be wary of big talk on behalf of CHC.

It sure looks to me like 2 of the 3 pre season Dads' Darlings (CHC and Spalding) are going to end up with a "worse than anticipated" season. STM on the other hand, who did punch LB in the mouth in Week 1, seems to be operating at a pretty high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team doesnt make it? Severn, BL, Spaulding, Loyola, McD, or Calvert Hall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did STM keep a very large jv and varsity roster and cut out fresh/soph?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why did STM carry a huge jv and varsity and cut out fresh/soph?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh has a problem on the sideline, their coaching staff. I hope the bus left them behind. No discipline on the team. Millon shots are all over the place. His shooting percentage can’t be more then 10%.

Been the knock on this program for years, Talent that is not used properly and coaching decisions that leave you scratching your head..all leading to poor results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 12-7 actually, and Brunswick's first game of the season whilst GP was a month into there's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey

if you were the roided up quarter zip Loyola dad screaming at the refs, you were a class act and really showed Loyola values…

Let him know, that his quarter zip is gone if behavior continues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh has a problem on the sideline, their coaching staff. I hope the bus left them behind. No discipline on the team. Millon shots are all over the place. His shooting percentage can’t be more then 10%.
He has always been a low percentage shooter. Over confidence leads him to take poor shots or turn the ball over. I’m not sure if his scoring even offsets the fast break opportunities he creates for the opposition, but his highlights look great! He had a ton of talent for sure, but he needs coaching that he will listen to. Daddy and AS are not helping him on the field at this point and should step aside.

This program is in need of a big change. Been floundering for years with the five star players in abundance. Letting one player dodge from all over the field with occasional highlights at the expense of team is on the staff. He would have been benched on most teams for some of his ill timed dodges or shots, or at least sat down and given some guidance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts! I read this in the Calvert County Times. Apparently, a recent Gallup Poll revealed that next to the economy and ahead of the war in Ukraine, nationally, people were concerned about Brunswick’s scheduling.

Nope, Brunswick was 4th . Coming in 3rd, Spaldings possibility of getting a bunch of StM and Severn players next year. Iron sharpens Iron and the players know where the Iron is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey

You'll get your chance at Calvert Hall. We'll see who is quiet in that game.

Yeah, with third string goalie and the Kelly kid injured. Wheels have come off over at CHC

That same group was able to beat McDonogh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey

Just the remnants of the Liquid Lunch over at CC of MD.

There’s a lot of pent up angst in those Loyola stands.

Glad they were able to get a win and play some kids. Lots of self-proclaimed “better options” sitting on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 12-7 actually, and Brunswick's first game of the season whilst GP was a month into there's.

Prep would beat STM right now. They were not ready 2nd game of the season. And it’s “their’s,” not “there’s.” Hit the Grammar wall, buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep would beat STM right now. They were not ready 2nd game of the season. And it’s “their’s,” not “there’s.” Hit the Grammar wall, buddy.

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey

Just the remnants of the Liquid Lunch over at CC of MD.

There’s a lot of pent up angst in those Loyola stands.

Glad they were able to get a win and play some kids. Lots of self-proclaimed “better options” sitting on the sidelines.

More like Peter Millar than a 1/4 zip and more like BCC than CC of MD, but otherwise close to accurate...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Peter Millar. The best corporate-wear around!

We built a new stadium, but it’s still filled with the same miserable people.

We need a change, but it’s probably not gonna happen. To get where we want to be I think it’s gonna take a regime change, new program philosophy, and a purge of some current families.

So yeah, the liquid lunches and shenanigans in the stands will likely continue for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We need a change, but it’s probably not gonna happen. To get where we want to be I think it’s gonna take a regime change, new program philosophy, and a purge of some current families.

So yeah, the liquid lunches and shenanigans in the stands will likely continue for a while.
What’s so wrong with a little in-game tailgating in the stands!!??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by itswhatever
Why did STM carry a huge jv and varsity and cut out fresh/soph?

Because their field is 1/2 hour from the school and the logistics kill them. Same reason they didn't have a middle school team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s so wrong with a little in-game tailgating in the stands!!??

Agree, some liquid refreshments while bundled up in the latest Quarter Zip . Life is good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what exactly? Prep lost their 4th to Landon. You can make that claim if the game was close but it was 10-2.

I’m going to steel the grammar wall… thanks for that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Takeaways from BOTC MD HS thread in 2022.
- Loyola coaching staff needs to go and there is a roid raging quarter zip that needs to chill
- STM coaching staff needs to go and they won't answer the phone
- McDonogh coaching staff needs to go and top ranked 5 star among the many other 5 stars shoots too much
- CHC coaching staff needs to go. Wrong kids are on the field and they are behind due to covid.
- St. Paul's administration needs to go, but Predators are on the way to save the day
- Spalding coaching staff may not stick around after this year, but the 2025s are locked in and pizza and ice cream are on the house
- Severn is 2nd in the league, but not for real
- MSJ is winless in the league and in their neighborhood

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what exactly? Prep lost their 4th to Landon. You can make that claim if the game was close but it was 10-2.

I’m going to steel the grammar wall… thanks for that one.
"Steel?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has always been a low percentage shooter. Over confidence leads him to take poor shots or turn the ball over. I’m not sure if his scoring even offsets the fast break opportunities he creates for the opposition, but his highlights look great! He had a ton of talent for sure, but he needs coaching that he will listen to. Daddy and AS are not helping him on the field at this point and should step aside.

This program is in need of a big change. Been floundering for years with the five star players in abundance. Letting one player dodge from all over the field with occasional highlights at the expense of team is on the staff. He would have been benched on most teams for some of his ill timed dodges or shots, or at least sat down and given some guidance

All that is needed is to look at who's running the O. Same dude whose boss is the father of the one player dodging from all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- Loyola coaching staff needs to go and there is a roid raging quarter zip that needs to chill
- McDonogh coaching staff needs to go and top ranked 5 star among the many other 5 stars shoots too much
- CHC coaching staff needs to go. Wrong kids are on the field and they are behind due to covid.
- St. Paul's administration needs to go, but Predators are on the way to save the day
- Spalding coaching staff may not stick around after this year, but the 2025s are locked in and pizza and ice cream are on the house

Good stuff, now for the Cliff Notes response:
LB: New AD (to be named as they have an interim now) will replace the Loyola HC within 18 months. Assistants will be replaced or shuffled around like the deck chairs on the Titanic.
STM: The coaches are on the boat when not on the field. Their land lines don't work when afloat. They are undefeated so why answer the phone?
MCD: No change coming here for at least 5-10 years. Being competitive is the bar, not winning the championship. This is not the BL lacrosse culture.
CHC: No change coming for another 8-10 years. All is well on LaSalle Avenue. Look for them to compete with BL for the crown in the near future.
SP: The natives are restless in Brooklandville. Interesting mix of the red cup and grey poupon crowd. Could be incendiary? How many leads can you blow in one season?
Spalding: They will float back to the middle of the pack and meander there after their 2022s graduate. Coaching staff is very talented but are they going to come back?
Severn: They are extremely well coached but may struggle more down the stretch, Winning every FO is a nice luxury.
MSJ: If only they could get the laxers from West side and Howard County, they would rule the world. For now, its a great school if you play a revenue sport.
BL: They will continue to win it all because lacrosse is their lead sport and identity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM coaches holding out to guarantee an embarrassment would not be coming in to stain the program as a coach. Worked out for the school in the long run. They will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
Page 198 of 333 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard