BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 99 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having that many evaluators from the same club couldn't possibly have anything to do with it (ya, right). Total joke. The sad thing is that it undermines the credibility of the event.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as club lacrosse is grade based not aged based teams will have holdbacks. Should PT turn away the big Brunswick 2021's???
PT didn't make the rules, just following them like everyone else.

Hey, if LI had them they'd be taking them too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

That's just a flat out inaccurate statement. My sons been on the team since inception: all kids tried out, don't know what kids are related to coaches(?) other than their son and all kids belong on the team, there are no holdbacks. Enjoy your sons time on whatever program he's playing for, no need to attack another.

[quote=Anonymous]Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

"Don't know what kids are related to the coaches other than their son." Did you seriously just write that? Unreal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

That's just a flat out inaccurate statement. My sons been on the team since inception: all kids tried out, don't know what kids are related to coaches(?) other than their son and all kids belong on the team, there are no holdbacks. Enjoy your sons time on whatever program he's playing for, no need to attack another.

Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

"Don't know what kids are related to the coaches other than their son." Did you seriously just write that? Unreal.

Maybe he thought related to coaches meant 3rd cousin twice removed? Not sure about current holdbacks on that team but the rumor mill says that a number of current 2021s will be 2022s next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he thought related to coaches meant 3rd cousin twice removed? Not sure about current holdbacks on that team but the rumor mill says that a number of current 2021s will be 2022s next year.

Maybe it was sarcasm. You people are dense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as club lacrosse is grade based not aged based teams will have holdbacks. Should PT turn away the big Brunswick 2021's???
PT didn't make the rules, just following them like everyone else.

Hey, if LI had them they'd be taking them too!

While I hate the argument "if they aren't breaking a rule, you can't blame them" because it ignores the reality of social codes and ethics in order to game the system, I also will admit that PT is helping to train and develop some of the best talent. Making it to the finals of WSYL (which is age controlled!) is incredibly impressive and deserves praise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give Daniello lots of credit. He built prime time from scratch. Sure he has plenty of enemies. That is the nature of travel lax. When you look around at express or 91. These were and are satellite teams built by someone else. Not saying one is better than the other, But give credit where credit is due. Pt teams play against the best and seem to be fairly competitive against most teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, PT2021 won by 2 goals but was playing without 9 of their players! Are there hold backs? Yes, show me a team without them!
Express North 2021AA is a decent team and with a few more good players will be competitive with PT and Eclipse. PT beat Eclipse by 4 at Sweetlax.

ExpressNorth 2021A is a total joke though, I guess parents prefer A over B or C....as they write the check!

Show you a 2021AA team with out holdbacks? The LI Express 2021AA team. The team keeps beating teams with MANY holdbacks Laxachusetts, ADVNC San Fransisco.....physical maturity will come with time, how you guys can post on here proudly that "yeah, PT (or whoever) has holdbacks BUT....." give me a break. There is no shame in this sport anymore, what is that teaching the kids? I won't be forced to hold my son back because you people are so insecure and pathetic that you feel your kids must play against younger players to compete.

Express 2021AA is very good. Not great but they can compete. Express 2021A is an embarrassment. I saw kids out there that couldn't catch and throw. That guy who runs North is a blowhard and should have limited himself to only one team per grade considering the lack of talent. But of course he couldn't resist the $$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: My son starts for CT Chargers 2023 Blue team. We played at PrimeTime tourney this weekend. How do we lose to Prime time 12-1 then only 7-6 same weekend? Also at what point do I let him switch clubs as he is somewhat bothered that chargers practices arent mandatory and tournaments are ala cart? He plays for SuperStar box in fall but has only played lax for 1 year so far. Any advise would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 summer club season basically done. A lot of good posts here on how the team in age groups rank. Clubs seem to be realistic in what they are and where they are going. Do like how the club at least are doing their own tourneys now to draw games to the area and playing each other more.

PT, Eclipse, Express North on top level with PT clear #1.
Preds, 2Way are second shelf with good organizations but not trying to compete with top level.
Topside, Superstar, Chargers hard to peg but flounder around
Most 80+11 nothing special but trying
Ballers, Westchester Warriors, HOS, so bad kids must love lacrosse and parents hate money.

In any given age group, an outlying club team may be stronger or weaker. Like 80+11 Tristate has some teams that do OK and others that are awful.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 summer club season basically done. A lot of good posts here on how the team in age groups rank. Clubs seem to be realistic in what they are and where they are going. Do like how the club at least are doing their own tourneys now to draw games to the area and playing each other more.

Preds, 2Way are second shelf with good organizations but not trying to compete with top level.
Ballers, Westchester Warriors, HOS, so bad kids must love lacrosse and parents hate money.

In any given age group, an outlying club team may be stronger or weaker. Like 80+11 Tristate has some teams that do OK and others that are awful.

I don't think its a coincidence that by and large the better teams in your rankings get a fair number of CT kids (or depending on the club, a ton of CT kids). These CT kids are on the average a bit older, and over the course of a big roster, it makes a difference in competitiveness. If clubs were forced to play by birth year, the differences amongst these clubs would shrink. PT would still be much better than HOS, for instance, but amongst everyone else, teams would bunch up a bit more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With SuperStar closing field teams and sticking to box how does that change things for 2018? Any chance PT starts having 2nd teams at age levels? Anyone heard anything on Express CT? We live near Danbury but havent heard great things about the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure I agree that PT is a "clear #1". Yes, they have a strong U13 team, and even their 2021 can compete with Eclipse 2021 (which is that club's strongest team), but beyond that, each grade varies among clubs in terms of strongest. I would argue that Eclipse 2021 is actually stronger and that Express North superior for 2019 and 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT 2021 played Eclipse 2021 last month and PT won 8-4. One game does not a trend make, and they unfortunately don't play each other very often at all, but in that game PT was clearly superior.

I'm not sure I agree that PT is a "clear #1". Yes, they have a strong U13 team, and even their 2021 can compete with Eclipse 2021 (which is that club's strongest team), but beyond that, each grade varies among clubs in terms of strongest. I would argue that Eclipse 2021 is actually stronger and that Express North superior for 2019 and 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you let him tryout for prime time and express north this august and see where he stacks up? In my opinion, It's only going to get harder and harder to make the best teams going forward. Keep in mind, superstars kids will be looking for spots as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warriors is 1 year old. Give them time, Great coaches. Had tryouts really late last year. Tristate 81 will never attract the best kids until they start going to better tourneys. It's like they are the step kids of that larger organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse must be nervous. . . . Tryouts staring next week already? Some teams not even done with summer tournaments - ridiculous!
Clearly an attempt to lock in players early before losing them to other clubs. . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: My son starts for CT Chargers 2023 Blue team. We played at PrimeTime tourney this weekend. How do we lose to Prime time 12-1 then only 7-6 same weekend? Also at what point do I let him switch clubs as he is somewhat bothered that chargers practices arent mandatory and tournaments are ala cart? He plays for SuperStar box in fall but has only played lax for 1 year so far. Any advise would be appreciated.

I would take it slow all of the boys on PT 2023 have been playing lax for 5 to 6 years. You do not want your boy to get discouraged or upset if he does not make the team. My advice is to try to a decent team with a strong emphasis on coaching. PT is to competitive for a boy just starting out. Good luck with your boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With brine national classic next week, How do you even have tryouts for 2024 and older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would take it slow all of the boys on PT 2023 have been playing lax for 5 to 6 years. You do not want your boy to get discouraged or upset if he does not make the team. My advice is to try to a decent team with a strong emphasis on coaching. PT is to competitive for a boy just starting out. Good luck with your boy.

From a practical standpoint, Chargers tends to hold their tryouts later than most (they have not posted tryout dates yet for next summer, but I would guess mid to late September) so you can have your son tryout for other club options and see how the chips fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you at all concerned that your director from chargers definitely knows who you are now? You pretty much gave everything but his name, my advice is you start trying out just in case

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason the second game was closer was that the coaches played the b players longer than they should have. The Chargers could be better but brameier doesn't focus on the younger kids. Eclipse is more competitive but give chargers another year, if you live near Darien then it's fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen if SuperStar tryouts are posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to assume your joking, but if not, superstars is shutting down their field teams and just doing box. Colsey is going to Prime time as director of Box, and coaching the 2024 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Roy is joining PT but keeping box lax??
You knew that already though.....right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to their website, all tryouts are Tursday, July 25th. Don't know anything about this club but sounds interesting as a supplement to our regular club in terms of development - can anyone share their experience with it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Superstars is going with box only and that Colsey is going to Primetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen if SuperStar tryouts are posted?

They are a total joke. Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is going to PT as director of box and keeping SuperStar box as well. Closing field teams. His box teams are competitive and the program seems to be growing now he has PT kids for box so they should be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstars box is a home run in if your looking for competitive off season lax. You play against most of the best field teams at every tourney which are mostly 1 day events. It's a fast moving, physical game. The con of the program is the very small practice facility, but it does not seem to matter come game time as you have 30 seconds to get a shot off. Roy sends most of his teams to San Jose in August for the nationals which is a great event. He also sends kids out to Vancouver to play an amazing tourney with the us box national team. Those are the pros and cons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are kidding right? Warriors gets all the leftovers after PT, LIE, preds, then 91N picks up some that drop them warriors get the kids who can't throw and catch. If that's your kids level of play, perfect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why bash on the warriors? Savastano's are great people and coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstars box tryouts are 7/25. Field teams are done. This is real box lacrosse not just indoor lacrosse. Improves stick skills dramatically in a short time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstars box tryouts are 7/25. Field teams are done. This is real box lacrosse not just indoor lacrosse. Improves stick skills dramatically in a short time.

Field teams are terrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible compared to who? In the tri state area they are competitive. Certainly better than tristate, 2 way , 3D , ballers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible compared to who? In the tri state area they are competitive. Certainly better than tristate, 2 way , 3D , ballers.

thats a low bar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct , the bar is low, But other than pt, express and eclipse , who is better than them? Maybe predators at certain ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me some color on Prime Time, specifically the 2020 team? We are new to the area and have heard mixed - lots of great things about the skill set of that particular team, but also lots of rumbling that many of the players are not happy for some reason (specifically the Greenwich/Brunswick crowd) and are looking to leave the program next year.
Heard this happened at 3D a few years ago when several players joined and team was solid but then a large group left to join PT together, so 3D was left very weak.
Is this true? Why all the program hopping for this group? Frustrating when the team potential looks one way at tryouts but then you find out that many of the skilled players declined to go to another program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Field teams no longer exist at Superstars. Box is a great way to develop a young player. There's a reason every college coach looks for box players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend at the Philly Summer Invitational, the 2020 Primetime team played the Preds for the first time in a number of years. Preds won 9-2, shutting Primetime out deep into the 4th quarter of the pool play game. In bracket play Preds beat Clams and lost a decently contested game with Looneys 8-4 in the semis. This year's 2020 Preds were undefeated in pool play thru 4 tourney's, losing only 4 games all season. Only lost 3 games last season. So if you are a grumbling 2020 Primetimer tired of being on the wrong end of NLF beatdowns or simply looking for the best 2020 team in Westchester/CT, you might consider the Preds tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 99 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard