BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,153
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coaching 2

Express will be very good if they combine best from avengers and current express.

Maybe they can be above Average-er

Not sure what team your son plays for, but I was able to watch the Avengers play in Hershey and they're a pretty good team. My guess is that your son didn't make the cut. Tryouts are a few weeks away. Work with him a little and have him hit the wall. Then he'll make the team are you can save us your boring, played out "averag-ers" garbage. It's really boring.

Highly doubt you actually were in Hershey and/or watched them play. They got destroyed playing up and then Sunday afternoon were able to take it out on a weak town team.

No shame in 3rd grade teams losing to solid 4th grade teams and they did take care of the other 4th grade team on Sunday. It's all good buddy. Sorry your boy didn't make the cut.

Oh man, do you have a spreadsheet with all the tryout dates? Better start saving for the 500 you'll spend trying to get your kid a spot. Maybe some pvt clinics to get an express spot?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know the Average-rs don't have to try out (again) so what that tells me is they will be an OK team at best. But it also says to me that the 2024 AND 2025 Express tryouts are a farce. Save your money as you don't want to be on the team behind the Average-rs which will mean your boy is on a C team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know the Average-rs don't have to try out (again) so what that tells me is they will be an OK team at best. But it also says to me that the 2024 AND 2025 Express tryouts are a farce. Save your money as you don't want to be on the team behind the Average-rs which will mean your boy is on a C team.

Perfect...looks like you found a C team for your boy....it will be just like thr Titans days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect...looks like you found a C team for your boy....it will be just like thr Titans days

Nope, no worries here B Team and Proud cult mommy, I wouldn't let my kid play there under any circumstances.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need new material

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a tryout

Not for the Average-rs, the fix is in. Then they will tell everyone that their kids are on the A team. When they finally get to play the Wolfpack I expect the Express will be exposed as the Local.

Change at Jamaica!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, no worries here B Team and Proud cult mommy, I wouldn't let my kid play there under any circumstances.

So where did your little Johnny play this year? We know he started on the 91 Titans C team but that didn't end well. Oh please tell us what team he "tried out" for mid season after 91 cashed your check and shut down the C team you loved so much. Of course you won't say but we all know it's not the Pack or Taz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So where did your little Johnny play this year? We know he started on the 91 Titans C team but that didn't end well. Oh please tell us what team he "tried out" for mid season after 91 cashed your check and shut down the C team you loved so much. Of course you won't say but we all know it's not the Pack or Taz.

It wasn't with your little baby boy. Or for that Coach, and now it doesn't matter and you can go play for another organization until they figure it out too. Just Average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make no sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your average comments are beyond BORING zzzzzzz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even playing on an "average" travel team, my son is still getting better than yours. Maybe you should think about playing baseball. That's a better sport for lazy fat kids that take after their fathers.

User
User
Even playing on an "average" travel team, my son is still getting better than yours. Maybe you should think about playing baseball. That's a better sport for lazy fat kids that take after their fathers.

Your kidding right. How old are you?

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop

Your kidding right. How old are you?

50.. hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's 50 and he's Plum Loco.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will improving Junior have to try out or not? Simple question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will improving Junior have to try out or not? Simple question.

Yes

Bring little Johnny down to see if he can compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a tryout so they can collect your money but don't waste your time, the team is moving over as is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your average comments are beyond BORING zzzzzzz

I prefer to think of them as Averag-er

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the immortal words of Whitney Houston... Crack is whack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a tryout so they can collect your money but don't waste your time, the team is moving over as is.

There will be changes, just like every other team out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity as a possible new parent. How many kids showed up for the any 2024 tryout? 50? 100? I am sure more would show up for a 2020 tryout, just wondering. Thanks.
Alot of overlapping tryout dates it seems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity as a possible new parent. How many kids showed up for the any 2024 tryout? 50? 100? I am sure more would show up for a 2020 tryout, just wondering. Thanks.

wide range depending on the organization. anywhere between 25-50. wolfpack and Taz closer to 75 I would guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the league. we are new to the tournament scene and my son will be trying out for a few teams this year. just deciding which ones are decent. Not looking for crazy.. looking for a team that will advance his skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what "league" you are talking about, but all the travel teams will have better coaching then PAL. I would think. As far as tryout size I think the few I went to last year had maybe 75. All depends if there is another team running tryouts same day. And agreed, there are a few overlaps. Its big $$ for these teams, so the more the merrier. I would bet that 2/3 of the team you are trying out for is already set, maybe more. Most importantly, HAVE FUN

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
although a college girl on sidelines wont automatically mean they are better coaches than a PAL coach..contray to popular opinion.."hey, the coach is an all american at Studley U....she must be good coach"...so you get to spend ton of $$ on a team where basics not taught and coach can work n her sun-tan all summer on sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the league. we are new to the tournament scene and my son will be trying out for a few teams this year. just deciding which ones are decent. Not looking for crazy.. looking for a team that will advance his skills.

These teams aren't part of a league (at least not like PAL). They play in whatever tournaments the team management wants to play in. You just want to find a team with real good coaching at this level. Talk to other parents who have had their kids in travel lacrosse before. Here you'll just get a lot of childish adults putting down other teams and their kids and a lot of unfounded gossip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wide range depending on the organization. anywhere between 25-50. wolfpack and Taz closer to 75 I would guess.

Legacy will have the most kids at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def talk to others, not this site! See who practices near you. That's a big deal too. Sometimes your practices are easily over an hour away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy will have the most kids at tryouts.

Agreed. Most turnover likely happening there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has a good program and coaching . Very good opportunity . Don't waste your money on trying out for the 91 pop up organizations that won't be around in a year or two like the ducks this year and hurricanes last year. I know quite a few parents still waiting on promised refunds from the canes for a disastrous season that had the coach not show up for a tournament , very little coaching (college kid watching from sideline)and finally had to recruit half a team from Massapequa to field a roster for another tournament or 2. Last offer from them was to give parents back $200.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about if you live in Nassau county? How is Icon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did not have a team at this age last year. My son tryout and made the 2023 team but went else where.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good program for Nassau kids. Heard they are serious about starting a 2024 team. Would try to find out who is coaching before you committed with them though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, that's what I have been doing. and your right about the put downs, I'm appalled reading some of these things that parents write.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo also has a very good program. My son played last year on older grade and we had a great year. Excellent run program. We got more than our money's worth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine has a son on the 2024 team. Said overall he was happy but thought practices should have been on individual skills a bit more - instead of plays. Not enough coverage of the basics. Overall he was happy with Igloo though. We will try out for them this year, as our first year of travel. Ans a few others. No idea what to expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine has a son on the 2024 team. Said overall he was happy but thought practices should have been on individual skills a bit more - instead of plays. Not enough coverage of the basics. Overall he was happy with Igloo though. We will try out for them this year, as our first year of travel. Ans a few others. No idea what to expect.
people should be doing ground balls and teaching the attack to at that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For all these teams the goal for the most part is to win which unfort means a lot of time running plays, rides, clears, etc. If you are looking for fundamentals you're better off spending the money on clinics and training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo also has a very good program. My son played last year on older grade and we had a great year. Excellent run program. We got more than our money's worth.

More than 3 grand worth? Did they go above and beyond what was originally offered?

Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard