BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 220 of 327 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around.
Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time [/quote]

Now I get it your one of those know it all drama queens who thinks you know better than everyone else including some of the best coaches in the game. Do you really think people are teaching their kids or players to swing their stick because they got beat. Go watch a women's game played 10 years ago and yes it is a very different game today with very different athletes. Maybe your daughter is playing the wrong sport , perhaps golf or bowling. Maybe its the wrong thing but I have taught my daughter to be a a respectful young lady off the field but a person who gives 100 percent on the field " There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you." part of a great quote you should check it out sometime. Different coaches and parents have different philosophies , stop preaching that your way is the only way, these young girls are stronger and better athletes than you give them credit for . [/quote]You are one of those apologist idiots aren't you. I have never aid these young woman aren't phenomenal athletes, or that there is only one way to coach. Yes there are coaches that teach to swing there stick, have you been to a tournament lately? Yes some of those teams and coaches are from L.I.. But seeing as your so much smarter than everyone els in the room, tell me how the game isn't fundamentally changing due to stick to head, and full body contact, to such an extent that he governing body is considering mandating helmets? You have such a loud mouth when it comes to telling any one that doesn't agree with you to play golf, but it's probably your kid getting beat and swinging the stick in the first place, under the guise of "giving 100% on the field",thats a cop out and excuse for bad sportsmanship

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around.
Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time

Now I get it your one of those know it all drama queens who thinks you know better than everyone else including some of the best coaches in the game. Do you really think people are teaching their kids or players to swing their stick because they got beat. Go watch a women's game played 10 years ago and yes it is a very different game today with very different athletes. Maybe your daughter is playing the wrong sport , perhaps golf or bowling. Maybe its the wrong thing but I have taught my daughter to be a a respectful young lady off the field but a person who gives 100 percent on the field " There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you." part of a great quote you should check it out sometime. Different coaches and parents have different philosophies , stop preaching that your way is the only way, these young girls are stronger and better athletes than you give them credit for . [/quote]You are one of those apologist idiots aren't you. I have never aid these young woman aren't phenomenal athletes, or that there is only one way to coach. Yes there are coaches that teach to swing there stick, have you been to a tournament lately? Yes some of those teams and coaches are from L.I.. But seeing as your so much smarter than everyone els in the room, tell me how the game isn't fundamentally changing due to stick to head, and full body contact, to such an extent that he governing body is considering mandating helmets? You have such a loud mouth when it comes to telling any one that doesn't agree with you to play golf, but it's probably your kid getting beat and swinging the stick in the first place, under the guise of "giving 100% on the field",thats a cop out and excuse for bad sportsmanship [/quote]

DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thugs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!! Dude, get a job!! I lost interest after 1st sentence. You are a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thugs

This is the same loser as before. You all remember "Yellow Jackets=Thugs-R-Us". Same idiot. What a sad, low self esteemed creeper.

Don't even engage this tool. Not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duhhhh i canta been reeding mor den 3 woyds i a yeller jaket parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thugs

This is the same loser as before. You all remember "Yellow Jackets=Thugs-R-Us". Same idiot. What a sad, low self esteemed creeper.

Don't even engage this tool. Not worth it.
I'm an idiot and a tool because I don't agree with you? Just out of curiosity what makes you the authority,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR told me and my kid we were better than everyone else that's why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time

Now I get it your one of those know it all drama queens who thinks you know better than everyone else including some of the best coaches in the game. Do you really think people are teaching their kids or players to swing their stick because they got beat. Go watch a women's game played 10 years ago and yes it is a very different game today with very different athletes. Maybe your daughter is playing the wrong sport , perhaps golf or bowling. Maybe its the wrong thing but I have taught my daughter to be a a respectful young lady off the field but a person who gives 100 percent on the field " There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you." part of a great quote you should check it out sometime. Different coaches and parents have different philosophies , stop preaching that your way is the only way, these young girls are stronger and better athletes than you give them credit for .
You are one of those apologist idiots aren't you. I have never aid these young woman aren't phenomenal athletes, or that there is only one way to coach. Yes there are coaches that teach to swing there stick, have you been to a tournament lately? Yes some of those teams and coaches are from L.I.. But seeing as your so much smarter than everyone els in the room, tell me how the game isn't fundamentally changing due to stick to head, and full body contact, to such an extent that he governing body is considering mandating helmets? You have such a loud mouth when it comes to telling any one that doesn't agree with you to play golf, but it's probably your kid getting beat and swinging the stick in the first place, under the guise of "giving 100% on the field",thats a cop out and excuse for bad sportsmanship [/quote]

You are such a moron that you think just because a kid swings her stick their is a coach or parent teaching it. Just because a kid swings her stick does not make her a goon as you like to call these young girls. The governing body has considered helmets prior to 10 years ago and decided against it just as they have now you moron so your theory about the increased physicality of the game making them consider it is just wrong. The cop out is you acting as if your poor little girl is going to get hurt because no one is teaching the kids the right way to play like you did.Sorry you feel that your daughter is getting her butt handed to her but my experience watching just does not jibe with the label you have placed on todays players as being thugs. Do kids get hurt , yes , do I think its intentional or taught by coaches , nope. If its too physical a game then your daughter has a choice. The good news is I have nothing to apologize for, you teach your daughter your brand of lacrosse ,hopefully it works out for her. [/quote]

I do not necessarily think girls are being "taught" this style of play. I do however think it becomes an issue when this type of play is condoned and even verging on celebrated in some cases. This is also not just a YJ issue, it's across all teams. If there were consequences when the girls cross the line from aggressive to "thuggish" as many call it, there would not be nearly as many issues. It's the coaches and parents responsibility to address it when play crosses the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not necessarily think girls are being "taught" this style of play. I do however think it becomes an issue when this type of play is condoned and even verging on celebrated in some cases. This is also not just a YJ issue, it's across all teams. If there were consequences when the girls cross the line from aggressive to "thuggish" as many call it, there would not be nearly as many issues. It's the coaches and parents responsibility to address it when play crosses the line.

My daughter goes to school with a girl who is a YJ defender. She plays so dirty all the time that the girls on her own team can't stand her. Historically she has been the player with the most fouls, the most yellow cards and who causes the most injuries. She uses her butt end all the time and loves to swing her stick when beat. Where does this come from - coaching and parenting? Her father is a rah,rah football dad who has no concept of the girl's game and is living though his daughter. At what point does the coach say - enough is enough - you cause too many yellow cards, we have to play a girl down because of you and you are injuring other players including your own teammates. This is all true.

Now the YJ supporters will come on here and say - "your daughter is not tough enough", "teach your own daughter to play harder" or some other BS. My daughter is fine - she is a top D1 recruit and she plays the game the right way.

Some of you YJ parents and coaches should all have to take the Positive Coaching Alliance class on being a Triple Impact Player, A Triple Impact Coach and a Triple Impact Parent. Enough is enough.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back 5 years when BOTC first came on the scene, we already had every one of these aggressive, thug conversations. All the wasted texting, nothing has changed one bit. No rules have been changed, no helmets were mandated and YJ still play aggressively, and coaches still love and recruit YJ players. The play is allowed with very little consequences and the flip side is large reward. Having played every major club from MD, NY, NJ, PA, MA, VA etc....many times, I would say YJ does not standout as overly thuggish. Anyone notice the NJ teams tactics lately? In addition to the aggressive play action and stick swinging they have them loudly yelling and screaming on defense as they approach players on the other team. Everyone pushes the limits of the rules to toy to gain and advantage The problem here (and I'm not sure there actually is one) is in the rules of the game and the refs ability to enforce the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough, we get it, please stop. YJ is evil empire, dirty organization. We will talk to our coaches and let them know that you don't approve of our style. Thanks for your input, now go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter goes to school with a girl who is a YJ defender. She plays so dirty all the time that the girls on her own team can't stand her. Historically she has been the player with the most fouls, the most yellow cards and who causes the most injuries. She uses her butt end all the time and loves to swing her stick when beat. Where does this come from - coaching and parenting? Her father is a rah,rah football dad who has no concept of the girl's game and is living though his daughter. At what point does the coach say - enough is enough - you cause too many yellow cards, we have to play a girl down because of you and you are injuring other players including your own teammates. This is all true.

This player would be shown the bench in a 4 or 5 fouls and you are gone format. Watch how quick the game would clean up

Now the YJ supporters will come on here and say - "your daughter is not tough enough", "teach your own daughter to play harder" or some other BS. My daughter is fine - she is a top D1 recruit and she plays the game the right way.

Some of you YJ parents and coaches should all have to take the Positive Coaching Alliance class on being a Triple Impact Player, A Triple Impact Coach and a Triple Impact Parent. Enough is enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any parent want their daughter to be taught how to play like a thug? Plenty of other great clubs who get their daughters recruited AND teach them how to respect the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see you are absolving your JV and HS coaches completely free of blame for her style of play. They have complete control over her playing time and participation on the team....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of the new contributors. Too long winded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any parent want their daughter to be taught how to play like a thug? Plenty of other great clubs who get their daughters recruited AND teach them how to respect the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see you are absolving your JV and HS coaches completely free of blame for her style of play. They have complete control over her playing time and participation on the team....
unfortunately our high school coach is a yellowjacket coach and she let this crap go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of the new contributors. Too long winded
i'm not new I've bee posting from the beginning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simply put people want to play YJ because they have the best teams on Long Island without question. They also have the best coaches on Long Island with out question. The shine has come off Shannon Smith as a coach , so far she has done nothing to improve women's lacrosse at Hofstra and her teams at TG are now on the slide down to Liberty level. The funny thing about all these losers bashing YJ on here is they seem desperate to try and tear YJ down when in reality they just convince the YJ parents that they are exactly where they want to be.

Best coaches...according to who? What makes a great coach? Great players or the ability to actually coach...easy to say they are coaches..how do they manage a game..how do they manage adolescent players and their mental state..etc...NOT well from this sideline...don't measure it by Wins...coaches teach and mentor...don't see that going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ have the best talent, I could coach them. throw out a ball and sub!

Best coaches, give me a break. Some are great but some were just great players and not great coaches they are way too young.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simply put people want to play YJ because they have the best teams on Long Island without question. They also have the best coaches on Long Island with out question. The shine has come off Shannon Smith as a coach , so far she has done nothing to improve women's lacrosse at Hofstra and her teams at TG are now on the slide down to Liberty level. The funny thing about all these losers bashing YJ on here is they seem desperate to try and tear YJ down when in reality they just convince the YJ parents that they are exactly where they want to be.

Best coaches...according to who? What makes a great coach? Great players or the ability to actually coach...easy to say they are coaches..how do they manage a game..how do they manage adolescent players and their mental state..etc...NOT well from this sideline...don't measure it by Wins...coaches teach and mentor...don't see that going on

This is always a discussion that comes up in these threads. Everyone always seems to dismiss the YJ and TG coaches. Somehow the two best programs on LI have the worst coaches? Then the reasoning must be that they just attract the best talent hands down. I can see the argument of bad coaches for TGs as I do not think the coaching model they employ works one bit, but they still manage to beat most others from LI, therefore it must be they attract better talent, or at least used to when they first started. As far as the YJs go, yes they absolutely have sone horrible coaches who are just lucky to have some talent backing them up, but definitely they have a fair number of excellent coaches as well, sort of a crap shoot depending on the age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is always a discussion that comes up in these threads. Everyone always seems to dismiss the YJ and TG coaches. Somehow the two best programs on LI have the worst coaches? Then the reasoning must be that they just attract the best talent hands down. I can see the argument of bad coaches for TGs as I do not think the coaching model they employ works one bit, but they still manage to beat most others from LI, therefore it must be they attract better talent, or at least used to when they first started. As far as the YJs go, yes they absolutely have sone horrible coaches who are just lucky to have some talent backing them up, but definitely they have a fair number of excellent coaches as well, sort of a crap shoot depending on the age.

TG is NOT the 2nd best program on LI anymore......... most of their age groups have slid and dropped drastically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG is NOT the 2nd best program on LI anymore......... most of their age groups have slid and dropped drastically.

you can't say that until the summer tournanments are over...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right I even think that 91 has a particular team that's far more superior then TG could ever offer in talent and coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Your right I even think that 91 has a particular team that's far more superior then TG could ever offer in talent and coaching.

There is not one 91 team that is better than TG black at any age. TG is not at the level of YJ but to say 91 is on par with TG is just ridiculous. 91's best team would struggle against purple and even white at TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are very wrong
2017 91 titanium beat up on 2017 black last year so get your facts straight. I was at Hofstra when TG 2017 Black get shelled by 91. Don't underestimate that team , they have even improved more this year , They have a roster of yj, tg scraps who were not part of your favorites list. sorry to bust your bubble

quote=Gotogoal]

There is not one 91 team that is better than TG black at any age. TG is not at the level of YJ but to say 91 is on par with TG is just ridiculous. 91's best team would struggle against purple and even white at TG. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

There is not one 91 team that is better than TG black at any age. TG is not at the level of YJ but to say 91 is on par with TG is just ridiculous. 91's best team would struggle against purple and even white at TG.

I think they would crush the White TG PAL team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we were part of last season tg black team and can speak for the above statement that 91 titanium did give us a good run and think many of tg girls and parents and BS took for granted to get an easy win which was far from what was anticipated , they do not have any weak players on this team as most of the other 91 girls organization has. i do know who they picked up this year and would say that they are a completely better team then last season which could possibly now blow out black if they have the opportunity to have a rematch.
TG organization is slowly dwindling in talent . Possibly even losing players to 91 And of course to yj

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we were part of last season tg black team and can speak for the above statement that 91 titanium did give us a good run and think many of tg girls and parents and BS took for granted to get an easy win which was far from what was anticipated , they do not have any weak players on this team as most of the other 91 girls organization has. i do know who they picked up this year and would say that they are a completely better team then last season which could possibly now blow out black if they have the opportunity to have a rematch.
TG organization is slowly dwindling in talent . Possibly even losing players to 91 And of course to yj

What grad year is Titanium?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium is 2017 grad year, heard they just picked up another YJ.

quote=Anonymous]

What grad year is Titanium? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since YJ 2020 and 2021 are coming to the Towson camp, will they be sticking around for the Club National Championships that weekend after the camp?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since YJ 2020 and 2021 are coming to the Towson camp, will they be sticking around for the Club National Championships that weekend after the camp?

Why Townson? Hmmm....
Any one venture a guess!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why Townson? Hmmm....
Any one venture a guess!

Nope, not interested.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Why Townson? Hmmm....
Any one venture a guess!

Maybe your guess will shed some light on the drama your trying to create.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am guessing a kickback off the registration cost. Another mid week commitment out of state that the parents will probably hang around for so add in meals and hotels, again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am guessing a kickback off the registration cost. Another mid week commitment out of state that the parents will probably hang around for so add in meals and hotels, again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear she gets a kickback from the hotels , restaurants, tolls, gas stations. How is it every time a travel team tries something new people have to bash them for it.

This is a great opportunity for.....
the colleges that host these teams. Super smart really, whether its Syracuse, Towson or who ever. They get an entire team or teams at summer camps. Not only are they getting a look at the future, the young kids are getting a real good look at the schools. Just like kids want to be on coaches radar, these schools want to be on the blue teams radar.

Like Reply Quote
Page 220 of 327 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard