Originally Posted by Anonymous
For parents who have been through the recruiting process before, I was curious as to how often kids on the "second tier" list eventually get offers? I realize probably never for a UNC/BC/MD level school; but what about a #10-30 ranked program? Like many 2024 kids/parents we are pretty anxious right now but wanted to be prepared for what to expect on Thursday and beyond. Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For parents who have been through the recruiting process before, I was curious as to how often kids on the "second tier" list eventually get offers? I realize probably never for a UNC/BC/MD level school; but what about a #10-30 ranked program? Like many 2024 kids/parents we are pretty anxious right now but wanted to be prepared for what to expect on Thursday and beyond. Thanks in advance.

I think you have to realize that the recruiting process is unique to every athlete and school. Not all top recruits want to go to UNC/BC. Some want a very top academic school, some want to experience a different part of the country. For example, If you look at the past top recruits out of LI, like the Miller sisters, the both chose California schools, but could have gone anywhere they wanted. I think school like UVA, Duke, Northwestern, and ND offer those top academics as well as great lacrosse and are more attractive to many than a MD or UNC for those reasons. And some top girls want IVY for obvious reasons as well. So, if you take last year’s recruiting class as an example, schools like UNC/BC/MD will commit a few standouts within the first few weeks, but then you will see them commit a bunch or much lower ranked players from October to December. No school gets all the players they want.