having gone to it and having a kid on a good team WYSL was great experience. His team did not win the whole thing but did win their division and picked up a couple kids a year in advance of it. Everybody for most part was fine with it because you do not want to go there and not be competitive. Those kids they picked up still with club by the way and they didn't take spots of kids basically just balanced out kids we lost due to the age requirement. It is a great experience if you have a team that can be competitive. If you cannot play with the teams from the northeast then you are in for a long couple days. TRUE out of Illinois last year was right there with all the Northeast teams and I think they were the only team in the Quarterfinals not from the Northeast. Denver Elite another program that comes to the Northeast to play tournaments and have a solid team as well that competes. If I was a parent NOT from the Northeast I would push my club to play a tournament in Philly, MD or Long Island to see where you stand before committing to Denver. I cannot imagine going there and losing games by 15 goals consistently not fun or helping your kids get better.

The rent a player model is done by a lot of teams for this tournament other regions have to to be able to compete. Have to remember also the age requirement literally takes a lot of teams out of this tournament so the pools are shallow and it opens up spots on teams.