Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No fascination. My son is doing just fine and I didn't have to game the system for him. All you hold back parents are the same. Just admit you gamed the system. Maybe he needed it maybe he didn't but doesn't change the fact you did it. So stop telling everyone else to STFU or man up. You created an advantage and now you try to dust it under the carpet and tell everyone else to just deal with it. We are and have no choice but please, get off your pedestal.

The two year hold back is especially pathetic. What was more ridiculous was listening to MSG Varsity talk about him with such amazement as being "just a freshman" last year when by rights the freakin kid should be a junior. That said, this BS is all on the parents as the kid can't hold himself back.

Please stop singling out kids. There are many many boys who were held back or started school late that we will never know about. September, October, November babies that were held out of kindergarden and have had an advantage because of it. It is the parents who make the decision and they do it because they believe it will help their child. Why the obsession? Kindergarden holdback, re-class, PG.... Why do you care what others choose to do? If I could do it all over again I would have held all of my children back in kindergarden even the girls and I would sen the boys to do a PG year. Smart wealthy families have been doing it for years and it definitely has a positive impact on the child. Growing up in a blue collar community on Long Island I had never heard of a PG but in college I saw all the 19 and 20 year old freshmen (there might have even been a couple of 21 year olds). Definitely give the kid an advantage in all aspects of their life.