Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade, at least today, looks like a team with a bunch of good players but they sure don't seem like a team with a great player.....particularly on the offensive end.

I posted this originally and after seeing the game today I stand by it. The offense that I watched today is going to result in low scoring games, and a low number of assists.

I went to both the Ward Melville and St. Anthony's games.

They were both painful to watch: zero off-ball movement, very little actual pressure on defenders when taking them one-on-one, nobody ever looking to set up the feed for a shot, etc. There was no offensive pressure at all the entire St. Anthony's game, just midfielders awkwardly running into their defenders then either losing the ball or moving it on to the adjacent player (who would then do the same thing). Attackmen regularly were doubled when they pushed to the cage, yet I didn't see them once find the open player (nor did I see anyone doing a good job moving to get open when this happened). Even on man-up Chaminade failed to be a threat, settling for terrible shots from 10+ yards out.

Goalie looked good in the cage (had a few big saves while staring into the sun in the 4th), though to be honest he seemed to lack confidence when handling the ball. The clearing game could be better. That said, the defense has done a pretty good job so far. They clearly aren't the problem.

It's crazy that there really did not appear to be a single threat on the offensive side of the field. Are any big players hurt? I know Jack usually gives seniors the benefit of the doubt early on, but are there any juniors who might get a shot? Or who should?