Could not agree more, let go. This is your kids best years so enjoy watching. Go to a club where he can play alot and be comfortable.

I believe you are in the minority, to the vast majority they understand that these are the rules and nothing is changing. They know in reality that only handful of kids might be 15 now but don't worry about it and realize this can only help push their children to elevate their game. Most parents don't let it become an excuse for their kids but explain how it should be a motivator.

My daughter loves Basketball and now plays in a league with kids 1 or 2 years older. She struggles but tries her best and she is learning that things that work with kids her own age and level don't work on the next level. This teaches her what it will take to play for her high school in a few years. I encourage and teach but if she ever comes and says it's too much then we re evaluate.

People have a choice, they don't have to play at top levels of they or their child can't handle it. If they bloom late then he will get noticed in high school