Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have been to the Showtime camp all American final game as a spectator and can tell you that all of the top head coaches (not assistants) are on the sidelines watching that game. The camp is pricey but is absolutely high end and for the very best recruits as this is invite only. I'm guessing the top D1, D2 and D3 coaches know this and all of them attend. If you get a chance go up and watch the final game and you will see what I'm talking about. The camp is held in Ct.

My Oldest boy is '22 so I am new to this. How do you get an invite? He plays on the "A" team of one of the big clubs and didn't and didn't know anything about it. How do you get an invite? How many invite do the big clubs get? The UA Showcase is for '21s and '22s so what are the chances of a '22 making it? Thanks for your help.

First, I agree with the Maverik Showtime being the top showcase followed by the Adrenaline Black Card, NXT Philly Fall Showcase and then the D1 Und1sputed Showcase here on LI - these events are the top showcases specifically if you are looking to be seen by the D1 colleges. I know that the Showtime and Black Card do not pay for the coaches to attend because the have built such a great reputation and it's a must attend event for them to see arguably the best players in the country. There are a lot of other good showcases out there but one thing I look for is the number of players they are accepting or inviting and the number of coaches. A lot of events will say 50 college coaches will be there but neglect to mention that they are taking 480-520 kids on 5 fields so do the math to see the player to coach ratio and check how close or how far the fields are (very difficult to find 5 adjacent fields).

Under the 'Locker Room' Forum, there is a thread there for 'Individual Showcases' and where you will get more insightful responses vs some of these immature comments. Any other questions, I recommend going there for this specific topic.

To answer your question, for the Showtime event and a lot of the other top showcases, you have to get endorsed by your sons h.s. or club coach so depending on which team he or anyone is on, that may not help at all...there is obviously nepotism that takes places and they will allocate 2-5 spots per top tier club so unless the player is a standout, I hate to say 'Good luck.' Additionally, they like to see highlight tapes so they can decide internally on top of seeing accolades and/or getting a nomination when sending out invites. In regards to the UA Showcase, I honestly do not know anything about that one...must be a new event.