Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do parents come on to this forum to criticize accomplishments of children? Fact is that Brine DID have D1, D2 & D3 coaches. Fact is that there were talented kids from Long Island and other states. Fact is that the kids had fun. Isn't this enough? We should be happy when our kids do well and encourage them and support them to do better.

And NO! This is not a parent whose child is a B or C level player. He's very talented player and I would NEVER criticize someone else's child just because they aren't as talented. I would support them and help them to get better. Shame on you!

I think what many are posting and thinking is that Brine is no longer worth the 7 hour drive down during a period when there are far superior (IMO) showcase events being held. Can't critique the "fun" factor. My son thoroughly enjoyed the event the prior two years but we felt our younger guy had to prioritize and the club schedule didn't allow for participation. Its a fantastic area of the country, in fact my older son ranked the local university as his #1 choice after driving through the campus and seeing the facilities.