Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's easy to see that many parents of starters are writing their Syo defense of a coach who has shamelessly belittled and ridiculed his players over the course of many years. As a parent of a lacrosse alumni, I couldn't wait to leave (neither could my son). It is a shame that a sport that my son loved was robbed from him by this man. He lies, he deflates, chastises, and demoralizes even his best players. What is sad is that the parents of those boys that feel the brunt of his narcissism and tirades do not find it as easy to get up to a podium to voice their mistrust of JC. They and their boys know what it will mean for them-blacklisted, banished from play time, made fun of, etc. As all of you proponents suckle the teet of JC and his alleged promise of recruitment help, etc, etc. know there is an equal amount of us who will call and write to the board and administration praising them on this long awaited decision.

Thank you- So well said that you took the words out of a lot of our mouths . Unfortunately the people who blindly support him no matter what goes on will never see it our way and understand that we would love to be able to voice our opinions but would never do it because we are protecting our sons . Not being anonymous bc we r cowards but in order to protect the people who are most vulnerable and who just want to play the game they love . We have felt all of those things that you stated for many years but would never go to administration, an AD or JC himself bc that's just not who we are and we knew things would only be worse for our son so we never could . And we had a kid who got decent playing time , can't imagine if he didn't how miserable it would have been. Somewhere along the line JC became bigger than the program and the kids involved and that's where I think he lost focus in what was important which is a shame bc I think he loves the program more than anyone they will ever find to replace him . And his year round commitment and time put in may never be matched . Obviously there are very mixed feelings over this whole situation , don't know what the solution would be.
Can't say I don't like the guy and can't say I love him, depends on the day and the situation . In a perfect world would want him to stay on but with some major changes - less favoritism to the influencial parents /kids would be a start and realizing here's there bc of the kids would be a good next step

Drop the mic.... unbelievably thoughtful and accurate post, I would bet that the majority of people feel closer to your opinions than the lovers or the haters. No matter who they replace him with he will not be as dedicated and that could be good or bad, he wount be as emotional and that could be good or bad - he will not be as good at helping kids get recruited or make post season honors and that could be good or bad. I hope they make a decision soon and i hope that the decision is with the kids best interest at heart not the few vocal parents.