Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know if the under armour all American underclass team is legit or a money grab?

I don't know if I would call it a money grab, but I definitely would not call it legit. My son tried out last year and didn't make it past first round. With that said, there are a lot of college coaches in attendance and he was contacted by 11 or 12 schools which made it worth it for us. The event is run by the Express directors with decisions being made by them and other coaches who evaluate, and as you would imagine there is no doubt politics involved in all the cut rounds as is usually the case with these types of try outs. Many of the kids who do make it from round to round of cuts are very deserving, but there are always a bunch that leave everyone with a bad taste in their mouths. The short answer is don't go with any expectations of making the team, but if your son plays well he will get some looks and maybe make it to the next round.

Before someone accuses me of sour grapes and says I don't know what I'm talking about and it's only my opinion. I will tell you that some of the college coaches who contacted my son told us they all know the fix is in and the best players don't necessarily make the team because of the politics. That's why so many coaches show up for the first round to see as many kids as they can before the nonsense starts when cuts are made. Good luck.