Originally Posted by Anonymous
To chime in on this, for what its worth, I asked my son directly what the boys think of Ty and his lists. He said all the boys were talking about it at Maverik Showtime and the general consensus is that he is a clown and the kids dont take him seriously. There is also a definite preferential leaning towards the big clubs and the kids that play for them which raises the question of if there is money involved. I personally think its just straight entertainment and I dont get too wrapped up in it. None of it really means much until college when the real players show themselves.

There are some who not in the know feel what when TY writes something that it is gospel. There even those who go to great lengths to create their own rankings if they didn't like where their player was ranked by Ty. I was at a recent tournament where a particular player who plays for a very high profile team was mediocre at best wasn't even the best player that day for his own team and he got a stellar write up. I am talking 3 goals in 3 games and an assist but was written up as if he scored 10 goals, 5 assists and dominated. I think a lot has to do with reputation and what team you play for.