BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else's freshman having a completely miserable experience of HS lacrosse and is having their love of the sport @ChillLaxin out of them on a daily basis and your only concern is this doesn't bleed into club summer, or is it just mine? I talk to some parents and it seems either their kid is playing more than ever and dominating or the kid is either doing a ton of watching or just not enjoying it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you. My daughter is a 27 and made Varsity. She has moved up to a starter and contributes with ground balls, etc. but does very little in the way of dodging and shooting (Which is her strength). It's ball hog city by the upperclassmen. I can't for the life of me figure out why the coaches haven't corrected the selfish behavior? Underclassmen are literally wide open for high quality looks and don't get the ball?? It makes for really bad, poor IQ lacrosse. The drama is over the top too. Many girls are just plain mean??? My daughter can't wait for club. I keep telling her to contribute any way she can, and her time will come. I will be sure to tell her NOT to play this way when she is an upperclassmen. When I hear about the "strong culture" of clubs/teams/college programs, I think this may be what they are talking about. Older players mentoring the younger ones not screaming at them. Oh well, it will be over in a month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t assume it will get better next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hear you. My daughter is a 27 and made Varsity. She has moved up to a starter and contributes with ground balls, etc. but does very little in the way of dodging and shooting (Which is her strength). It's ball hog city by the upperclassmen. I can't for the life of me figure out why the coaches haven't corrected the selfish behavior? Underclassmen are literally wide open for high quality looks and don't get the ball?? It makes for really bad, poor IQ lacrosse. The drama is over the top too. Many girls are just plain mean??? My daughter can't wait for club. I keep telling her to contribute any way she can, and her time will come. I will be sure to tell her NOT to play this way when she is an upperclassmen. When I hear about the "strong culture" of clubs/teams/college programs, I think this may be what they are talking about. Older players mentoring the younger ones not screaming at them. Oh well, it will be over in a month.
Not sure what level of school your daughter plays at, but if she made V as a freshman and is contributing at all, she and her parents should be happy and proud. Don't worry about the other players. I think the sentiment of looking forward to club season is common at this point. The friendships and game play are more strongly developed there. Everyone understands their roles more on their club teams. HS coaches have a really tough job of trying to blend 4 different age groups and get them to work together. The talent and personalities change every year, and they typically lose a few of their strongest players (seniors) every year. Not easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s what the girls make of it. Those that are playing JV rather than riding the V bench are getting plenty of PT. Those riding the Varsity bench are getting to practice with older girls and still develop. Those playing Varsity are getting to best of both. My daughter is loving her Freshman year and says plenty of her Club teammates are having just as amazing season with many different schools. She is excited for Summer Club but definitely sad to see her first of four HS years come to an end shortly. Sorry to hear not all are having the good experiences others are having this year. I can personally attest all of my daughter’s teammates have been great as have the other parents & coaches on both JV and Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard