BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,595
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else's freshman having a completely miserable experience of HS lacrosse and is having their love of the sport @ChillLaxin out of them on a daily basis and your only concern is this doesn't bleed into club summer, or is it just mine? I talk to some parents and it seems either their kid is playing more than ever and dominating or the kid is either doing a ton of watching or just not enjoying it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you. My daughter is a 27 and made Varsity. She has moved up to a starter and contributes with ground balls, etc. but does very little in the way of dodging and shooting (Which is her strength). It's ball hog city by the upperclassmen. I can't for the life of me figure out why the coaches haven't corrected the selfish behavior? Underclassmen are literally wide open for high quality looks and don't get the ball?? It makes for really bad, poor IQ lacrosse. The drama is over the top too. Many girls are just plain mean??? My daughter can't wait for club. I keep telling her to contribute any way she can, and her time will come. I will be sure to tell her NOT to play this way when she is an upperclassmen. When I hear about the "strong culture" of clubs/teams/college programs, I think this may be what they are talking about. Older players mentoring the younger ones not screaming at them. Oh well, it will be over in a month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t assume it will get better next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hear you. My daughter is a 27 and made Varsity. She has moved up to a starter and contributes with ground balls, etc. but does very little in the way of dodging and shooting (Which is her strength). It's ball hog city by the upperclassmen. I can't for the life of me figure out why the coaches haven't corrected the selfish behavior? Underclassmen are literally wide open for high quality looks and don't get the ball?? It makes for really bad, poor IQ lacrosse. The drama is over the top too. Many girls are just plain mean??? My daughter can't wait for club. I keep telling her to contribute any way she can, and her time will come. I will be sure to tell her NOT to play this way when she is an upperclassmen. When I hear about the "strong culture" of clubs/teams/college programs, I think this may be what they are talking about. Older players mentoring the younger ones not screaming at them. Oh well, it will be over in a month.
Not sure what level of school your daughter plays at, but if she made V as a freshman and is contributing at all, she and her parents should be happy and proud. Don't worry about the other players. I think the sentiment of looking forward to club season is common at this point. The friendships and game play are more strongly developed there. Everyone understands their roles more on their club teams. HS coaches have a really tough job of trying to blend 4 different age groups and get them to work together. The talent and personalities change every year, and they typically lose a few of their strongest players (seniors) every year. Not easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s what the girls make of it. Those that are playing JV rather than riding the V bench are getting plenty of PT. Those riding the Varsity bench are getting to practice with older girls and still develop. Those playing Varsity are getting to best of both. My daughter is loving her Freshman year and says plenty of her Club teammates are having just as amazing season with many different schools. She is excited for Summer Club but definitely sad to see her first of four HS years come to an end shortly. Sorry to hear not all are having the good experiences others are having this year. I can personally attest all of my daughter’s teammates have been great as have the other parents & coaches on both JV and Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that it can be a really rough go for some. The speed and physicality can take some time to adjust to and no one can really predict their daughters trajectory. I think that's where good parenting comes in. It's a great life lesson to develop some resilience and adversity. It certainly frames how bad they (not us) want it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any of the girls who tried out for All America this weekend heard yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Any word on when we hear?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

I’m sure all the invites went out. Rostered (accepted) players are already listed on website

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s posted. If you didn’t hear you didn’t make it. Not very impressive

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439475 Yesterday at 05:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a mixed bag, some stand outs, def not what you’d think when you thought of this All Star game a few years ago.

Have their ever been so many rising freshman make the squad? Not a good look for the 2027s

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439485 Yesterday at 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

I’m sure all the invites went out. Rostered (accepted) players are already listed on website
Where on the website is the roster located?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439489 Yesterday at 08:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

The teams are not listed yet - someone likes to stir the pot obviously

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439493 Yesterday at 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

yeah, obviously: https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/AllAmerica24/Roster/Division/Underclass

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439497 Yesterday at 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Teams are listed and have been listed since last evening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439512 Yesterday at 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a mixed bag, some stand outs, def not what you’d think when you thought of this All Star game a few years ago.

Have their ever been so many rising freshman make the squad? Not a good look for the 2027s
Doesn't look like many of the elite 27s tried out because some of the 28s on the roster are not even close to the the best of the best in the 28 class. Also, doesn't help to have tryouts the same day as the 2028 NGLL championship game. Lots of elite players from both teams weren't able to try out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439518 Yesterday at 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't look like many of the elite 27s tried out because some of the 28s on the roster are not even close to the the best of the best in the 28 class. Also, doesn't help to have tryouts the same day as the 2028 NGLL championship game. Lots of elite players from both teams weren't able to try out.

There are many elite 2027's on the team, as well as 2028's. Just say congratulations and take your bitterness back to the 28 board.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439519 Yesterday at 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know this to be fact, but with only 1 2027 making it last year, perhaps AA wanted to make sure they took some 2028s to prevent a mass flow of that grad year and next to AS tryouts instead?

I wouldn't be shocked if they made rising freshman its own team going forward for upcoming years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439525 Yesterday at 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mnd Mid is only elite 27! Fact.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439528 Yesterday at 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know this to be fact, but with only 1 2027 making it last year, perhaps AA wanted to make sure they took some 2028s to prevent a mass flow of that grad year and next to AS tryouts instead?

I wouldn't be shocked if they made rising freshman its own team going forward for upcoming years.

Other regions had quite a few more 2027s last year than MD's 1, so would make sense if they were trying to be a little more consistent. Though 5 out of 24 isn't exactly a lot. But looks like a lot of names on AA for 2027 this year were on AS last year, so for now, looks like flow is going in both directions.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439536 Yesterday at 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, she is certainly the best 27 in the Mid-Atlantic....but there are still plenty of talented players who made it.

Like most events, it's not always about the most talent in one place.

If you desire to watch the best 27 talent all in one place, go to a tournament and watch M&D and Hero's play each other. Happens about 6 times a year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439552 Yesterday at 02:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other regions had quite a few more 2027s last year than MD's 1, so would make sense if they were trying to be a little more consistent. Though 5 out of 24 isn't exactly a lot. But looks like a lot of names on AA for 2027 this year were on AS last year, so for now, looks like flow is going in both directions.

To be fair, the MD AA team last year was pretty loaded across the board. They rolled thru the tournament and went undefeated to win it. The 27 who made it was talented, but didn't seem to be on the field much. Maybe the team was just really good and it was hard for any 27s to make it? Other regions were obviously not as good, so their 27s had more opportunity?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439572 Yesterday at 05:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, the MD AA team last year was pretty loaded across the board. They rolled thru the tournament and went undefeated to win it. The 27 who made it was talented, but didn't seem to be on the field much. Maybe the team was just really good and it was hard for any 27s to make it? Other regions were obviously not as good, so their 27s had more opportunity?

Truth is the other regions send their top players to AS instead of AA! Almost whole club teams playing for Upstate , LI, Conny and Jersey ! Md talent is too split up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439605 Yesterday at 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth is the other regions send their top players to AS instead of AA! Almost whole club teams playing for Upstate , LI, Conny and Jersey ! Md talent is too split up.

Well, looking at the rosters, a big chunk of the Baltimore AA team last year also won AS the year before on the MD team. Maybe some kids wanted to mix it up, maybe some parents didnt want to shell out $800 plus hotels, maybe it doesn't really matter in the long run because they won both already? Who knows...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439619 7 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some of you are missing the point of these events, its not to put the top MD team or whatever and win it, its to make $$$ for those that host the events.

Complete open tryouts is the evidence. And don't let anyone tell you your kid shouldn't try out. You don't even need to be a starter on your HS or club team to make these squads. You just need to try to make a play or two that catches someone watching at that moment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439632 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There were lots of freshman on varsity rosters around the league last year. This class isn’t better than any previous class. Making the team isn’t the same as contributing.

Comparing to last year's class isn't fair to these girls. Almost every club director will tell you that the 26 class in MD/DC is probably the best in the past 6 or 7 years.

Not even close to the 23 or especially the 24 class in Baltimore area.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439643 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There were lots of freshman on varsity rosters around the league last year. This class isn’t better than any previous class. Making the team isn’t the same as contributing.

Comparing to last year's class isn't fair to these girls. Almost every club director will tell you that the 26 class in MD/DC is probably the best in the past 6 or 7 years.

Not even close to the 23 or especially the 24 class in Baltimore area.

You keep saying this. Even if you keep repeating it....it won't make it true.

Glad to know you speak to "almost every club director"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439644 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, looking at the rosters, a big chunk of the Baltimore AA team last year also won AS the year before on the MD team. Maybe some kids wanted to mix it up, maybe some parents didnt want to shell out $800 plus hotels, maybe it doesn't really matter in the long run because they won both already? Who knows...

I don't think Maryland did win AS. Didn't the red team make it to the championship but lost to LI? Speaking of AS, tryouts are this weekend. I know people thought selections were a debacle last year, but suspect that won't hurt turn out that much. How many teams do we think they'll field in the end?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439645 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Where are they listed?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439654 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Where are they listed?

The link was already posted, so scroll back

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439658 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think Maryland did win AS. Didn't the red team make it to the championship but lost to LI? Speaking of AS, tryouts are this weekend. I know people thought selections were a debacle last year, but suspect that won't hurt turn out that much. How many teams do we think they'll field in the end?

Referring to the year prior. Basically last year's MD AA team (9th graders) had a lot of the team from MD AS in 8th grade. That MD team won AS, not last year's MD AS team, which lost to LI.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439667 2 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually an opinion. Lots of ballers on this team including the one mentioned. The noise around these tryouts is consistent every year. They challenge the theory that the only talented players are on two club teams. Tons of talent across the area and girls beginning to grow in their confidence, athletic ability and self motivation. The rhetoric that these girls aren't talented, no talent showed up, you don't know the girls so the rest much @ChillLaxin is ridiculous. All age groups are legit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC_EVENTS #439677 1 hour ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it's worth, here in the D.C. area, AS is the preferred tourney. If you can't get a spot on AS, AA is the "Plan B". AS is pricey, but most stay at the beach and make a mini vacation out of it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439681 58 minutes ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it's worth, here in the D.C. area, AS is the preferred tourney. If you can't get a spot on AS, AA is the "Plan B". AS is pricey, but most stay at the beach and make a mini vacation out of it.

But AA tryouts take place prior to AS , so hard to use AA as plan B right? Just based on timing.

Also, AA takes 1 team with multiple grad years, AS has only 1 grad year with multiple teams, so those facts would make AA a little more reputable, or in the least, tougher to make. That all being said, I expect a lot more players at AS this weekend. I'd venture over 100 players there this weekend for 2027s. AA took a dent is AS tryouts in terms of talent but with 5! 2028s making it, not as many as you'd expect. I expect several 2027s who did not make the cut in AA to make AS.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard