BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard from a director that 12 teams from North qualifier make the WS so no excuses. Also means other regions are super light on entrants.

South region only has 4 teams.

Why even have this qualifier then? Just have the main even in July and have everyone go. Pool play Day 1 to determine seeding and a large bracket play days 2 and 3.

Why call it the World Series? Clown and circus tournament

The real World Series of Youth Lacrosse folded up the tent two years ago. This is just a cheap imitation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a director that 12 teams from North qualifier make the WS so no excuses. Also means other regions are super light on entrants.

South region only has 4 teams.

Why even have this qualifier then? Just have the main even in July and have everyone go. Pool play Day 1 to determine seeding and a large bracket play days 2 and 3.

Why call it the World Series? Clown and circus tournament

The real World Series of Youth Lacrosse folded up the tent two years ago. This is just a cheap imitation.

Maryland guy on the board!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LWSC vs. WSYL
Webcast vs. Live ESPN broadcast;
Random field in Downington, PA vs. Denver Broncos stadium in Mile High, CO;
Overpriced 'souvenir shirts' for sale vs. Free gear from New Balance, Coca-Cola, Muscle Milk & more.
Yeah, same experience. Higher cost is totally worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LWSC vs. WSYL
Overpriced 'souvenir shirts' for sale vs. Free gear from New Balance, Coca-Cola, Muscle Milk & more.

Plenty of free stuff last two years.
And I’ll take a 2 hour ride in my car over flying to Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares except for like 3 has been dads

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Rebels are still searching around for goalies. Already have 3 and still asking around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LWSC vs. WSYL

As a dad who had 2 kids attend both events, WSYL was a much better event. Not to say LWSC can’t eventually get to that level but right now it’s not even close to the original.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Rebels are still searching around for goalies. Already have 3 and still asking around.

Guess the 91 goalie rumor never panned out for them.

Rebels will still qualify. Not because they are good, but because participation in other regions is at a minimum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard Rebels are still searching around for goalies. Already have 3 and still asking around.[/quote
looks like only postion at this point that can be changed on the roster for WS so they will keep looking as long as they make it.. did the same w/ defenders until the deadline but was false advertising as they took kids but said they could play reg tournaments not with WS team.. buyer beware!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels will still qualify. Not because they are good, but because participation in other regions is at a minimum.

Isn’t participation in other regions always at a minimum? Both the old and new event had a very disproportionate amount of teams from New Jersey to Massachusetts, no?

And on a side note, guessing who will qualify is kind of pointless prior to knowing who is actually trying and what the rosters look like.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t participation in other regions always at a minimum? Both the old and new event had a very disproportionate amount of teams from New Jersey to Massachusetts, no?

And on a side note, guessing who will qualify is kind of pointless prior to knowing who is actually trying and what the rosters look like.

The other event had much better participation from other regions before they stopped doing it. I think the Denver location was enticing for teams from west and Midwest regions. It wasn’t the same as Long Island but it was decent. With WSYL they would only take 7 teams from LI. Not they take 11-12. I think what was great about the WSYL was it was independent of any club. We all know it’s now run my US club lax……which is a 91 entity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other event had much better participation from other regions before they stopped doing it. I think the Denver location was enticing for teams from west and Midwest regions. It wasn’t the same as Long Island but it was decent. With WSYL they would only take 7 teams from LI. Not they take 11-12. I think what was great about the WSYL was it was independent of any club. We all know it’s now run my US club lax……which is a 91 entity.

If it was owned by 91 it never would have been announced to be in Minnesota.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it was owned by 91 it never would have been announced to be in Minnesota.

PRECISELY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not take 12 from Long Island. 3-4 more like it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s run by True. That’s why it tried to go more central in addition to attempting to be a growth vehicle for the sport. Now it’s just another tournament. If it’s going to be just another tourney, might as well be closer than Delaware and Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore is a great centrally located area for tournaments like these. Should be here every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the most accurate post on here regarding Rebels. Hopefully all the Rebels Moms will realize this when they are posting all over Facebook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen the west bracket schedule for the WS? I thought they play this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen the west bracket schedule for the WS? I thought they play this weekend

Don’t need one when the Colorado Kings are only team registered

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the most accurate post on here regarding Rebels. Hopefully all the Rebels Moms will realize this when they are posting all over Facebook.

so if they beat the long island teams are you trying to say its not legit? sounds like someone is nervous about what's to come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard their goalies are good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is the 91 venom goalie playing for 91 29 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Old news already. They have him and 2 others age eligible playing down for the WS. 1 of them has played in a few tournaments with them in the past few years. I’m sure there will be multiple teams that will have age eligible 28’s playing down so to guess who has an advantage at the moment is a wild guess either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Old news already. They have him and 2 others age eligible playing down for the WS. 1 of them has played in a few tournaments with them in the past few years. I’m sure there will be multiple teams that will have age eligible 28’s playing down so to guess who has an advantage at the moment is a wild guess either way.

The one is not playing down. He spends most his time playing up on the 28’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What an amazing event.
First qualifier had four teams. Second has no teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke and a money grab. Teams should avoid going and having families spend or have to fundraise thousands upon thousands for another tournament that lines the pockets of the organizers. There are plenty of legit tournaments to enter without having to “qualify” for this sham tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A joke and a money grab. Teams should avoid going and having families spend or have to fundraise thousands upon thousands for another tournament that lines the pockets of the organizers. There are plenty of legit tournaments to enter without having to “qualify” for this sham tournament.

Thousands upon thousands?? What are you spending that
of money on??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised venom goalie wants to play on a weak 91team
To each there own

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s 2 tourneys - 1 in March, 1 in July. No need to make anything more or less out of this than what it is. If your son is on the team that wins either, he is on the right path. BUT that is all this means, it is still a long time from the Summer of 10th Grade when recruiting really kicks in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised venom goalie wants to play on a weak 91team
To each there own

Why are you surprised? It’s not the kids who detest the tournament. It’s just half the parents on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thousands upon thousands?? What are you spending that
of money on??

If the tournament was still in minnesota i could understand fundraising to offset some travel costs. Just like i could understand teams from out west fundraising to offset costs for travel to pennsylvania (except we know now no teams from the west region signed up for the qualifier). There’s almost no justification to raise funds now for just another lacrosse tournament on the I-95 corridor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there was no West qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t seem to be any tournament on tourney app so guess not. They don’t have strong teams in this age group out west or down south so that’s why they aren’t bothering to enter. Facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Colorado on the board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently 91 Colorado is in it and I know Kings will be. They had tryouts for teams. Looking at the South though they only had 4 teams play in the qualifiers so maybe the West didn't have enough. Seems like last year it was a bigger turnout for the qualifiers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have list of North and East Teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have list of North and East Teams?
North is the usual suspects plus some randoms: Mooselax, Albany Power, Orange Crush, Sweetlax, Harvest, Preds, Legacy, Igloo, “Boston WS”, S2S, Eclipse x2, Primetime, Rebels, Express, Express North, 91 x2, 91 Tristate, GC Elite, 2way, Recon, “Whalers”.

That’s the list I’ve seen for North. Don’t have East.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s Go Rebels!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals boat raced Red Hots. What do parents do when their child has a hard time with smaller kids?

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard