BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were Boston Phinest and 2way the only WS teams? How did they look?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching Boston play now. Thought this was an age verified tourney. Yellow helmet (QM) is not of age.

Some big dudes on WCS. Granted they draw from the western half of the country but holy crud.

They are older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston Phinest can’t be a World Series team - at least not as they were constructed at Club Nationals. They have some kids that I know are pre- 9/1 birthdays. If the same kids show up to WS….there’s a problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Boston play now. Thought this was an age verified tourney. Yellow helmet (QM) is not of age.

He’s a late June birthday so is of age. Love the internet police though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any of the teams at this tournament play in the summer? I guess WCS does but any others?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do classify dominant? How many kids dominate any sport on age? Maybe 1-2 per team or maybe less? This is a notIntelligent argument. If you want to holdback you are welcome to, any parent who doesnt see the value for their child is a m@ron. Seems like a lot of jealous 2029 parents. I would be upset as well, 2029 is an awful class on the island, very little talent.

This may be the densest statement yet. People are “fools and jealous” because they don’t see the “value” in holding back. So let’s start a new thread about “value” vs “cost”

Value
-gets to dominate against younger kids
-an extra year of maturity and maybe get their academics in order
-maybe, just maybe, but unlikely to translate into getting into a top d1 school
-parents get a sense a pride and boast how awesome their kid is

Cost
-you are telling their kid they can’t compete on a level playing field. Usually the parent and maybe the kid won’t ever realize this
-less skill development because you are competing against a less skilled cohort rather than on age
-all those friends he grew up with, say goodbye and here’s a whole new group of players
-this actually a literal cost as holding back may cost in the form of an extra year of tuition and extra year of club
-another literal cost of deferring a year’s worth of income down the road
-teaching a life’s lesson to game the system and cut corners to get ahead. Again most won’t realize it.

Everybody has different goals in life but to me, the “value” just doesn’t outweigh the “costs”. t’s lacrosse. It just makes no sense. Maybe basketball or football but makes zero sense for lacrosse.

Who wants to add to the list of perceived value and costs?

The value vs cost conversation was key for our decision to reclass. Nothing to with knucklehead above but here is the reality of how we looked at it:

Value
- Lost a year of education due to Covid, reclassing gives this back
- Move to a better (Prep) school and get a better education with better network
- Better school provides better pipeline into colleges
- Higher academic standards will push him to be his best.
- Education, education, education.
- Play against better competition.
- Go from a 50-100 IL recruit to a top 25 (Patriot League to ACC)
- I love boasting how great my kid is.

Cost
- do I want to pay for an extra year of school + the additional uptick in cost for Prep School
- School gave FA though dont really quality so that offset the additional cost
- 50% scholarship to a top academic University made up for the extra year and then some

Net net, we looked at the overall value and cost of reclassing while balancing the risk. It was a low-risk high reward for us based on the different value propositions.

Education could have been had by transferring without releasing. Cheater. Cheater. Cheater.
Not really. He wasn’t going to get in to the school with out lacrosse and they werent going to give financial aid. Also, the lost COVID year and being able to give that back wasn’t an option by transferring……also the team didnt need him in the class so again nope, couldn’t get the education by just transferring. I do love that it pisses you off though. Add that to the value propisition. darn, the more I type it out the more it was a low cost high value decision.

What a weasel.
How and why is he a weasel but I have a new question.
Can someone explain to me how football and basketball players reclass to the grade ahead of them? Have seen a few NCAA basketball and football programs announce kids reclassing from 25 to 24 and its making my head explode.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do classify dominant? How many kids dominate any sport on age? Maybe 1-2 per team or maybe less? This is a notIntelligent argument. If you want to holdback you are welcome to, any parent who doesnt see the value for their child is a m@ron. Seems like a lot of jealous 2029 parents. I would be upset as well, 2029 is an awful class on the island, very little talent.

This may be the densest statement yet. People are “fools and jealous” because they don’t see the “value” in holding back. So let’s start a new thread about “value” vs “cost”

Value

Cost
-you are telling their kid they can’t compete on a level playing field. Usually the parent and maybe the kid won’t ever realize this
-less skill development because you are competing against a less skilled cohort rather than on age
-all those friends he grew up with, say goodbye and here’s a whole new group of players
-this actually a literal cost as holding back may cost in the form of an extra year of tuition and extra year of club
-teaching a life’s lesson to game the system and cut corners to get ahead. Again most won’t realize it.

Everybody has different goals in life but to me, the “value” just doesn’t outweigh the “costs”. t’s lacrosse. It just makes no sense. Maybe basketball or football but makes zero sense for lacrosse.

The value vs cost conversation was key for our decision to reclass. Nothing to with knucklehead above but here is the reality of how we looked at it:

Value

Cost
- do I want to pay for an extra year of school + the additional uptick in cost for Prep School
- 50% scholarship to a top academic University made up for the extra year and then some

Net net, we looked at the overall value and cost of reclassing while balancing the risk. It was a low-risk high reward for us based on the different value propositions.

Education could have been had by transferring without releasing. Cheater. Cheater. Cheater.
Not really. He wasn’t going to get in to the school with out lacrosse and they werent going to give financial aid. Also, the lost COVID year and being able to give that back wasn’t an option by transferring……also the team didnt need him in the class so again nope, couldn’t get the education by just transferring. I do love that it pisses you off though. Add that to the value propisition. darn, the more I type it out the more it was a low cost high value decision.

What a weasel.
Can someone explain to me how football and basketball players reclass to the grade ahead of them? Have seen a few NCAA basketball and football programs announce kids reclassing from 25 to 24 and its making my head explode.

Sounds like that probably happens often to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 went 2-8 down in Florida, sheesh.

Maybe they should combine the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bostons Finest grabbed 4-5 nationals kids from the Circuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Value

Cost

Value

Cost

What a weasel.

I think lacrosse (maybe baseball?) it is the norm to reclass back but not so much for soccer football or basketball because truly transcendent players can and should play up. There is a $$ component as well as their earnings and NIL money start early.

No future pro $$ in lax. NIL money is nonexistent compared to other sports. So it’s better to reclass back so as better to compete with younger kids because you aren’t losing future dollars.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Can someone explain to me how football and basketball players reclass to the grade ahead of them? Have seen a few NCAA basketball and football programs announce kids reclassing from 25 to 24 and its making my head explode"
They just graduate HS earlier in the winter usually so they can get on campus in the spring to participate in the spring workouts (football usually). Basketball is if they have pretty much all the requirements and instead of stretching it for a year and playing a season of HS they can graduate early also like lacrosse they could have reclassed and are going back top their original class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not a single player on WCS that is overage. Sorry if that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not a single player on WCS that is overage. Sorry if that doesn’t fit your narrative.
Would love to hear what date you use to define overage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2029 “old” means being born before June 1, 2010 which is what NLF and most tournaments instituted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2029 “old” means being born before June 1, 2010 which is what NLF and most tournaments instituted.

Agreed, they are older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact. There is at least one if not more middie born prior to June 1 , 10. In 2 years, id anticipate several additional reclasses on that squad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. Where can we see kids’ bdays?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So red hots can make a team month before qualifier?
Real team right lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So red hots can make a team month before qualifier?
Real team right lol

I hope so. Show what a farce it all really is. Enough of the world series nonsense. Means nothing. Win the NAL, NLF, Naptown or that new 3D tournament and then talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact. There is at least one if not more middie born prior to June 1 , 10. In 2 years, id anticipate several additional reclasses on that squad

No bone to pick but I would add most top squads will have reclasses in the coming years. I follow Sweetlax a little at the older levels and know more reclasses than not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't. Anyone born before June 1, 2010 was moved up to the 2028s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June 1 is a low bar to set for age verification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June 1 is a low bar to set for age verification.

Agreed, total smoke screen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy age verification now with our 29s. Some parent telling me that three 2027 (9th graders) Sweetlax players from their Club Nationals final team drove to and from the tournament. Find that hard to believe but Sweetlax is known to reclass entire teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy age verification now with our 29s. Some parent telling me that three 2027 (9th graders) Sweetlax players from their Club Nationals final team drove to and from the tournament. Find that hard to believe but Sweetlax is known to reclass entire teams.

Nothing like the old “Heard it from a friend” rumors to get the blood boiling about reclasses. Yawn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams that will qualify for the World Series?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels, Igloo, 91, Moose and Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels definitely not Would say Moose has a slim outside chance The rest will draw better matchups and will qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 91 and express were not doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think it’s safe to say change of venue was manipulated by a couple clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going to happen to that TriStar tournament the same weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their tantrum prompted the move to the east coast from MN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 91 and express were not doing it.

They were not doing it because the finals were in Minneapolis.

The finals have been moved to the east coast. They are now both in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams that will qualify for the World Series?

Going to go out on a limb and say the teams who play best at the qualifier will qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year 9-10 teams from North region made it. Is that true this year too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year 9-10 teams from North region made it. Is that true this year too?

It depends on how many teams are at the qualifier. Roughly half the teams at each qualifier will make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 3 Long Island teams made it last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really 2 Legacy was a non factor

Like Reply Quote
A