BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,292
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess because we're in a recruiting quiet period followed by a dead period people don't have anything else to talk about?

I hope all of your sons who haven't already committed start getting calls again on January 8 and can enjoy their varsity seasons no matter how tall they are.

d1 opportunities are still there, but my guess is that coaches will start to be very selective with recruits. Plus the college season starts in January, and I would think recruiting will be slow down a bit.

Transfer portal is killing recruiting.

Easy excuse to make and for parents and kids to tell themselves. If you're good enough you'll be recruited anyway.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At that size your son is most likely an attackman with exceptional quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ. It's pretty simple, in order for your son to get recruited to a top school he needs to bring various attributes to the table. For defenseman, size is typically more important. For example, look at UVA. They like to bring in long rangy defenseman. Does that mean your son cannot be a defenseman if he's under 6' no. Gavin Adler is under 6' and he's a phenomenal defenseman. Gavin Adler is also exceptionally strong, great footwork, great at playing angles, great on groundballs, exceptional leadership skills, etc. He is not the typical defenseman. He is an outlier. Most of your sons are not outliers. If your son is an outlier, good for you. If your son is on the smaller size, regardless of position, he typically needs exceptional strength, quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ in order to get recruited to big time schools. This is a contact sport. Speed kills and size is a bonus

He does play Attack and I agree with the rest of your post, spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess because we're in a recruiting quiet period followed by a dead period people don't have anything else to talk about?

I hope all of your sons who haven't already committed start getting calls again on January 8 and can enjoy their varsity seasons no matter how tall they are.

d1 opportunities are still there, but my guess is that coaches will start to be very selective with recruits. Plus the college season starts in January, and I would think recruiting will be slow down a bit.

Transfer portal is killing recruiting.

Easy excuse to make and for parents and kids to tell themselves. If you're good enough you'll be recruited anyway.

True. Somewhat, but only with the top schools and it’s not less spots, just less spots for the top 15 non Ivy schools. And spots should be more plentiful after this year as it’s the last year of the Covid extra year. So when this 2020 class graduates, only 5th year injury related will transfer or stay with their school for a 5th year. And all transfer will be is an open spot from he left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At that size your son is most likely an attackman with exceptional quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ. It's pretty simple, in order for your son to get recruited to a top school he needs to bring various attributes to the table. For defenseman, size is typically more important. For example, look at UVA. They like to bring in long rangy defenseman. Does that mean your son cannot be a defenseman if he's under 6' no. Gavin Adler is under 6' and he's a phenomenal defenseman. Gavin Adler is also exceptionally strong, great footwork, great at playing angles, great on groundballs, exceptional leadership skills, etc. He is not the typical defenseman. He is an outlier. Most of your sons are not outliers. If your son is an outlier, good for you. If your son is on the smaller size, regardless of position, he typically needs exceptional strength, quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ in order to get recruited to big time schools. This is a contact sport. Speed kills and size is a bonus

I think we can safely say there are not many top school lacrosse commit opportunities left. The top lax schools are nearly done or being highly selective, or going transfer portal shopping I would assume. But plenty of d1 opportunities left and D2 and D3 is now starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we can safely say there are not many top school lacrosse commit opportunities left. The top lax schools are nearly done or being highly selective, or going transfer portal shopping I would assume. But plenty of d1 opportunities left and D2 and D3 is now starting.

Right. Plenty of opportunities still out there. Roster spots at least. I don't know how much money is left even at mid-low D1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If not there’s always assistant trainer or mascott!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Plenty of opportunities still out there. Roster spots at least. I don't know how much money is left even at mid-low D1.

True, and funding is different with the lower schools. A lot of schools are not fully funded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If not there’s always assistant trainer or mascott!

Bobby Boucher

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
70% of 2025 committed players come from NLF teams.

Blatant and unverifiable lie

It’s true. However, on Long Island the big non NLF clubs S2S, Igloo and Legacy, have turned out a large number of some very impressive commits, which is the goal. When you look at these 3 and the 2 NLF LI clubs, they make up a large percentage of Long Island commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that work to make D1 45 kids on the side lines and the same 16 playing! Think about that!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the goal should be to leverage athletics for a better School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entire objective of lacrosse is to get into a school that you would normally never be able to get into there is no money in lacrosse just a great education , if you happen to play at the school that is a bonus .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entire objective of lacrosse is to get into a school that you would normally never be able to get into there is no money in lacrosse just a great education , if you happen to play at the school that is a bonus .

If a kid has no chance of getting in, lacrosse is going to. You have to at least be close to the entry requirements, if you think a c student is getting into any of the top schools because of lax you're very misguided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid has no chance of getting in, lacrosse is going to. You have to at least be close to the entry requirements, if you think a c student is getting into any of the top schools because of lax you're very misguided.

It’s is very common for lacrosse to help get into any school. Every coach ask for unofficial transcripts for tow reasons. The first is to see if they can get your son through the admission process and the second of which is to give a ballpark estimate for an academic scholarship. Obviously, this is for most of the kids. 4 and 5 star athletes I would think is different.

Remember 12.6 for D1, 10.8 for D2, and no athletic money for D3. So hypothetically in the case of D1, spreading out 12.6 scholarships equates loosely to 12-15k per player for a roster of 50.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s is very common for lacrosse to help get into any school. Every coach ask for unofficial transcripts for tow reasons. The first is to see if they can get your son through the admission process and the second of which is to give a ballpark estimate for an academic scholarship. Obviously, this is for most of the kids. 4 and 5 star athletes I would think is different.

Remember 12.6 for D1, 10.8 for D2, and no athletic money for D3. So hypothetically in the case of D1, spreading out 12.6 scholarships equates loosely to 12-15k per player for a roster of 50.

It's very common that the bottom half of that 50 person roster is not receiving ANY athletic money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of agree with everything being said. If someone is telling you their kid has a full ride it is probably untrue.

Lax does help kids get in but you have to be in the ballpark for admission standards because the coach only has so much pull with admissions. Lax isn’t exactly a priority at many of these school admission officers. A little different for football and basketball. Then there are schools like MIT where athletics really doesn’t help you at all

But as a wise person once said, use lacrosse to help you; don’t let lacrosse use you. So many kids opt to make lacrosse decisions rather than academic decisions but maybe that’s their priority

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of agree with everything being said. If someone is telling you their kid has a full ride it is probably untrue.

Lax does help kids get in but you have to be in the ballpark for admission standards because the coach only has so much pull with admissions. Lax isn’t exactly a priority at many of these school admission officers. A little different for football and basketball. Then there are schools like MIT where athletics really doesn’t help you at all

But as a wise person once said, use lacrosse to help you; don’t let lacrosse use you. So many kids opt to make lacrosse decisions rather than academic decisions but maybe that’s their priority

Top academic and lacrosse school, team captain, and All-conference player got 30 percent. Translates to about 20k. Still a whole bunch of money not covered

If your kid doesnt have the academics for ND or Duke lacrosse isnt getting him in unless he is very close to the admissions standards. He also isnt getting any academic money so his lax scholarship will cover about 15 percent of the tuition, at ND thats going to leave you with about 40k a year in tuition to pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's very common that the bottom half of that 50 person roster is not receiving ANY athletic money.

That’s what I have heard. I actually think there is more information here than what the clubs advise their families of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. And be aware of the roster size and positions filled the year before your son. I don’t know this factually, but why would a coach have 60-70 man rosters for anything other than upping enrollment and tuition for the administration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top academic and lacrosse school, team captain, and All-conference player got 30 percent. Translates to about 20k. Still a whole bunch of money not covered

If your kid doesnt have the academics for ND or Duke lacrosse isnt getting him in unless he is very close to the admissions standards. He also isnt getting any academic money so his lax scholarship will cover about 15 percent of the tuition, at ND thats going to leave you with about 40k a year in tuition to pay.
Sign me up for that deal. What I learned this year, there are a few full rides out there, a few. There are some interesting deals out there. Ohio State giving NIL money to all student athletes and lacrosse can def get you in to a school you normally wouldnt….of course getting in to a top school these days requires insane stats but lacrosse categorically can get you in. My son was told by one Ivy, they are the only Ivy that could get him in. C’s are where coaches want you to be special. B’s they love and can work with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of the top academic schools, maybe, JUST MAYBE, will have an allocated slot for an average student but that player has to be transcendent. I totally agree with the statement said above that lax is really not just a priority for most these schools. We were told that (in a group setting) by all the IVY coaches that you need to be somewhat close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sign me up for that deal. What I learned this year, there are a few full rides out there, a few. There are some interesting deals out there. Ohio State giving NIL money to all student athletes and lacrosse can def get you in to a school you normally wouldnt….of course getting in to a top school these days requires insane stats but lacrosse categorically can get you in. My son was told by one Ivy, they are the only Ivy that could get him in. C’s are where coaches want you to be special. B’s they love and can work with.

There is no NIL money for lacrosse, it's a public site that shows exactly how much each student/athlete gets and lacrosse has none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no NIL money for lacrosse, it's a public site that shows exactly how much each student/athlete gets and lacrosse has none.

Ok, so thats not even close to true. Fact- NIL money includes the free breakfast you get at the local joint for posting on IG all the way to what Spallina is doing with Gait at Syracuse. Had these conversations with coaches through out the recruiting process. Are you retiring on anything to do with lacrosse other than your network, nope.

Supporting evidence (much better than simply stating nonsense) https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/high...-in-position-to-capitalize-on-his-talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NIL money for lacrosse; most of it is not significant money but to each their own. If one wants to believe there is “significant” NIL money I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NIL money for lacrosse; most of it is not significant money but to each their own. If one wants to believe there is “significant” NIL money I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Ok so say that there isn’t significant NIL money in lacrosse but dont say there is no money. As I said, youre not retiring on it but if you can pay room, board and meals with it works for me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I’m not sure kids are paying room board and meals with lacrosse NIL money. I don’t think kids are getting that much. Maybe the superstars at best but not the remaining 99% or college lax players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I’m not sure kids are paying room board and meals with lacrosse NIL money. I don’t think kids are getting that much. Maybe the superstars at best but not the remaining 99% or college lax players

It’s public information, there are no lax players making money off NIL. If you don’t have a massive social media profile you’re getting a t-shirt, sweats and a pair of socks. Like I said it’s public information, google it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s public information, there are no lax players making money off NIL. If you don’t have a massive social media profile you’re getting a t-shirt, sweats and a pair of socks. Like I said it’s public information, google it.

Well…I heard 2nd hand that there are NIL lacrosse deals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on everyone’s definition of “deals”. Free breakfast is not an NIL “deal” in my book. Average football NIL is 4K excluding the outliers? So the 2 questions are: how many lax players are getting at least that and is 4K really an incentive to play a sport (I mean I’ll take 4K any day but in the grand scheme of things seems kind of low). I have a vague feeling someone will get $100 just to say they got “NIL money”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on everyone’s definition of “deals”. Free breakfast is not an NIL “deal” in my book. Average football NIL is 4K excluding the outliers? So the 2 questions are: how many lax players are getting at least that and is 4K really an incentive to play a sport (I mean I’ll take 4K any day but in the grand scheme of things seems kind of low). I have a vague feeling someone will get $100 just to say they got “NIL money”

There is no lacrosse NIL money unless you get it yourself through social media that the player sets up. The schools are not getting a single kid a dime in NIL money. It’s all for basketball and football. Barstool is giving lax players a t-shirt, Shorts and a pair of socks as a signed NIL player. Just google it already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong.

Nope, there are plenty of NIL opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of the top academic schools, maybe, JUST MAYBE, will have an allocated slot for an average student but that player has to be transcendent. I totally agree with the statement said above that lax is really not just a priority for most these schools. We were told that (in a group setting) by all the IVY coaches that you need to be somewhat close.
I believe it is a balance needed to achieve a certain average gpa. If your 5 star recruit is a 2.5 GPA your 2 4 star recruits need to be 4.0 GPA’s. This is where coaches load the back half of the roster with the smart but not good lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong.

So exhaustive, NIL deals are all public record. Please just google the information. It’s all there. No money at all. None. Anyone who says differently is lying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that NIL lacrosse deals are for the most part non existent but you keep saying just google it and when I do there are a very small amount of “x player got this [tiny] NIL deal” which is still pretty much nothing to me but where is this public database that you keep saying easily googleable? Serious ask from my own edification because when I google it, nothing pops up on the first few pages. Can you provide a link

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong.

So exhaustive, NIL deals are all public record. Please just google the information. It’s all there. No money at all. None. Anyone who says differently is lying.

Do players have to disclose NIL deals, have not read that? how would anybody know if it is not reported. Where is the rule that says it has to be publicly reported. So how would anybody know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we arguing about NIL anyway? It's not significant right now. I could be down the road. Plenty of wealthy ex-players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just google it will you…..of course you will likely find the NCAA site that provides the voluntary NIL reporting form. So in short, no website has all NIL information or our exhausted numb nuts would have provided it by now. And at this point Im only arguing that numb nuts doesnt know anything and probably has an aol account since he cant provide his google results Suprised he gets past CAPTCHA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that those who think NIL is a game changer in lacrosse only say so because their kid got some marginal NIL benefit like a free sandwich and because there is no way to verify it, they shout to the world about the massive NIl deals in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that those who think NIL is a game changer in lacrosse only say so because their kid got some marginal NIL benefit like a free sandwich and because there is no way to verify it, they shout to the world about the massive NIl deals in lacrosse.

Exactly! There is NO money, why because not a single booster or school cares about lacrosse. The only people who go to the games are parents. Keep believing your kid is going to ND for free with a C average because of his “full ride” and NIL money. Hysterical

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard