BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,269
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
70% of 2025 committed players come from NLF teams.

Blatant and unverifiable lie

Posted on their insta with the math broken down by school. So it’s verified

Listen it is hard to make a NLF team.No shame if you are not on one. But the results of being on NLF are there. Just look at 2025 commits. 70% of the commits so far are from NLF.Good luck to everyone.

Is it hard to make an NLF team? Seems to me you just have to pay for it. There are plenty of not very good kids on NLF rosters.

OK I'm a parent with a younger child but wanted the opinions of some folks with older kids who are going through the college process. My son plays for Express, and plays a lot. His team is good, but certainly not great. They are arguably not even a top 5 team on Long island. Is it worth paying more than other programs and practicing less than other programs, just to be part of the Express name? His team is the only team that does not have indoor practices included in the tuition. His team seems unorganized at best and Express does not really seem to care. It feels very much like a business.

Surprised to hear they don’t practice that often. What year? Is it the new east teams? There is a lot to not like about express but not practicing has never been something I’ve heard.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen it is hard to make a NLF team.No shame if you are not on one. But the results of being on NLF are there. Just look at 2025 commits. 70% of the commits so far are from NLF.Good luck to everyone.

Is it hard to make an NLF team? Seems to me you just have to pay for it. There are plenty of not very good kids on NLF rosters.

OK I'm a parent with a younger child but wanted the opinions of some folks with older kids who are going through the college process. My son plays for Express, and plays a lot. His team is good, but certainly not great. They are arguably not even a top 5 team on Long island. Is it worth paying more than other programs and practicing less than other programs, just to be part of the Express name? His team is the only team that does not have indoor practices included in the tuition. His team seems unorganized at best and Express does not really seem to care. It feels very much like a business.

Surprised to hear they don’t practice that often. What year? Is it the new east teams? There is a lot to not like about express but not practicing has never been something I’ve heard.

Get out now. If you're unhappy now it will only get worse. Eventually they will import better players and stack the roster. LIE will not continue to field a competitive team as kids near HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen a coaches list for NAL this weekend?

Why bother. 9 divisions at this level in the tourney. How much exposure can a player get. I like the smaller events with less teams.

What a silly, self-centered response. I have no control over the tournaments my son plays in. I just wondered if anyone had seen a coach list. If not just say so. No need for commentary. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get out now. If you're unhappy now it will only get worse. Eventually they will import better players and stack the roster. LIE will not continue to field a competitive team as kids near HS.

they do practice, just not as much as other teams. as for importing players, at what age does that happen? as i mentioned, my sons express team (not express east) is arguably not even in the top 5 on long island. i would have thought his team would have attracted better players by now and it just has not happened. thanks to you both for the responses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don’t more events do what Igloo does. Igloo posted their coaches list already for the Autumn 8, complete with the coaches name that is attending. It is really appreciated and quite impressive a list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the list

https://autumneight.leagueapps.com/pages/COLLEGECOACHES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. Clarifying that just in general, as kids get older in high school, less and less attend practices in general at all clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is a gateway to professional lacrosse and millions of dollars not to mention the fame and sport star power! Wow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. Clarifying that just in general, as kids get older in high school, less and less attend practices in general at all clubs.
How old is you child that you're asking about?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is a gateway to professional lacrosse and millions of dollars not to mention the fame and sport star power! Wow!
How old are you child? Seriously, this was your big witty accomplishment of the day. You sat there, though about it, typed it put in the captcha, sat back and let me see who bites. Youre a sad pathetic little troll. Think about how you just spent your time. It was a pathetic attempt at what I dont know but youre an absolute muppet. My lord, there are some bad posts but you take the cake for thinking you add anything at all to the world. Yes, it may be the pot calling the kettle black but darn youre as dense as they come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the list

Very impressive. And it’s only two fields and 8 teams. Coaches don’t have to shuffle around across several fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the list

Very impressive. And it’s only two fields and 8 teams. Coaches don’t have to shuffle around across several fields.
How much do the coaches get paid to attend these events?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay mom of the B team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old are you child? Seriously, this was your big witty accomplishment of the day. You sat there, though about it, typed it put in the captcha, sat back and let me see who bites. Youre a sad pathetic little troll. Think about how you just spent your time. It was a pathetic attempt at what I dont know but youre an absolute muppet. My lord, there are some bad posts but you take the cake for thinking you add anything at all to the world. Yes, it may be the pot calling the kettle black but darn youre as dense as they come.

But he’s not wrong is he?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to much Botox!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don’t more events do what Igloo does. Igloo posted their coaches list already for the Autumn 8, complete with the coaches name that is attending. It is really appreciated and quite impressive a list.

Its a weak list for D1 because they NLF is at Farmingdale. Even the other divisions are not great, if Tufts was there, that would be great... but they aren't. The elite 80 is by far a better Igloo event. Its expensive, but the coaches are the ones you want to see your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a weak list for D1 because they NLF is at Farmingdale. Even the other divisions are not great, if Tufts was there, that would be great... but they aren't. The elite 80 is by far a better Igloo event. Its expensive, but the coaches are the ones you want to see your kid.

The coaches that were there matched the level of play on the fields. There were big brand clubs there but it had to be their B and C teams. There were some very good kids on the Igloo and two Legacy teams but otherwise there weren't many kids that will be playing in college IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how were the coaches at the NLF uncommitted showcase and fall event yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reason it is the top fall tournament. Lived up to expectations again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect...NLF was a watered down joke . The NAL the week before in Delaware had along the top teams there . Many NLF teams left there 0-3. It was a tremendous tournament. Go look for yourself. It's unfortunate as NLF used to be something to talk about but for whatever reason that has changed over the last few years . Awful now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s means your kids didn’t do well! Kick rocks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect...NLF was a watered down joke . The NAL the week before in Delaware had along the top teams there . Many NLF teams left there 0-3. It was a tremendous tournament. Go look for yourself. It's unfortunate as NLF used to be something to talk about but for whatever reason that has changed over the last few years . Awful now

I think one of the issues with the NLF is they keep scheduling their tournaments when there are some conflicts. Fall Championship conflicts with NHSLS. The Opener is when some states are still playing. Their end of summer is the biggest and best tournament they put on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep parroting this in multiple threads. And you’re still wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no dog in this fight but gotta call out a troll who clearly has an NLF grudge because their kid got wronged or just isn’t good. The records for the NLF teams at the NAL for this age group :

Crabs 0-2-1
Leading Edge: 3-0
Madlax: 2-1
Thunder: 2-1
WCS: 1-1-1

Now I don’t know if I got the teams right but my math tells me there were no 0-3 teams listed above. Honestly, I’m sorry your kid got wronged or isn’t good but you need to stop living through him and move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no dog in this fight but gotta call out a troll who clearly has an NLF grudge because their kid got wronged or just isn’t good. The records for the NLF teams at the NAL for this age group :

Crabs 0-2-1

Now I don’t know if I got the teams right but my math tells me there were no 0-3 teams listed above. Honestly, I’m sorry your kid got wronged or isn’t good but you need to stop living through him and move on

His kid no longer plays for the Machine. They went 0-3. He trashes NLF everywhere now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 0-2-1

His kid no longer plays for the Machine. They went 0-3. He trashes NLF everywhere now.

It's time to grow up. These are high school juniors. Do what's best for YOUR kid and don't bash what other kids are doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More college coaches at the NLF than all other fall events combined. Games had best of the best. If your director does not have you there find out why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the d1 coaches are watching their recruits now, they were all down in Maryland this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the d1 coaches are watching their recruits now, they were all down in Maryland this weekend

And they will all be in Orlando on the 9th and 10th, both watching their commits and poaching to fill in any gaps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they will all be in Orlando on the 9th and 10th, both watching their commits and poaching to fill in any gaps.

I don’t think it’s considered poaching at this stage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call it what you want, but a school taking a committed kid is poaching to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is poaching but there are still several uncommitted kids available to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is poaching but there are still several uncommitted kids available to watch.

Nothing is binding on either side until a year from now when the NLI is signed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing is binding on either side until a year from now when the NLI is signed.

Yup, it’s business. Colleges coaches win and recruit to put food on the table. And it’s part of the entire landscape of college athletics. The transfer portal has become free agency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a website or app that lists colleges and what positions they have open still for recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid didn’t play for 91 playing time will be limited haha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a website or app that lists colleges and what positions they have open still for recruiting?

You can look at commits by college in IL’s website. Assume a school takes maybe one goalie and face off guy each class and then maybe a few each of middie/attack/d.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can look at commits by college in IL’s website. Assume a school takes maybe one goalie and face off guy each class and then maybe a few each of middie/attack/d.

Yes, inside lacrosse 2025 commitment page. My quests is most of the top schools are done or will be highly selective to add or just go transfer portal. But there is still great d1 opportunities at schools like Binghamton, Drexel and Delaware. To name a few. The D2s start to get active now.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2025&league=1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most coaches seem to recruit a full starting line up per class as a start and then fill in with additional depending on the rest of the roster.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard