BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rough weekend for LI teams at NAL.

Yes and no. By that measure, this was a rough weekend for anyone that isn’t a national team (including west coast stars) or 3d NE. Speaking of which, any idea what happened with 3d? Didn’t see them play but seems like They got a lot better.

They’re older
Saw igloo play the first game one of the west coast teams definitely looked like and off game for them vs what I have seen of them at the last two tournaments . That was one game that just slipped away from them definitely a team they can beat if/when playing best of ability. But to their credit have to say they are the best LI team for the fall having swept all the supposed top teams

They were the best team in the fall last year as well.
Who do you see being the best come spring summer then based on your comment?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall weak entry list for Saturday at Stony Brook. A “get right” tournament for 91 if there ever was one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough weekend for LI teams at NAL.

Yes and no. By that measure, this was a rough weekend for anyone that isn’t a national team (including west coast stars) or 3d NE. Speaking of which, any idea what happened with 3d? Didn’t see them play but seems like They got a lot better.

They’re older
Saw igloo play the first game one of the west coast teams definitely looked like and off game for them vs what I have seen of them at the last two tournaments . That was one game that just slipped away from them definitely a team they can beat if/when playing best of ability. But to their credit have to say they are the best LI team for the fall having swept all the supposed top teams

They were the best team in the fall last year as well.
Who do you see being the best come spring summer then based on your comment?

I’m not going to make any more predictions. I was wrong last year when I predicted based off the fall. 2 teams (91 and Express) both went opposite ways of what I thought they would after their fall performances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood the issue with playing holdbacks/older kids. Let your kids play them, it will only make them better and get ready for high school. Who cares about a championship t-shirt or headband. Travel lacrosse is to train and get better and play tougher competition, not win championships that Mommy and Daddy can post on social media.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood the issue with playing holdbacks/older kids. Let your kids play them, it will only make them better and get ready for high school. Who cares about a championship t-shirt or headband. Travel lacrosse is to train and get better and play tougher competition, not win championships that Mommy and Daddy can post on social media.

Not sure who yiu’re aiming this at. All the top teams here on LI at this grade (Igloo/Moose/91/Express) play top 10 teams multiple times throughout fall/spring/summer. And they even play teams known for holdbacks: 2Way, 3D New England, Laxachusetts, Eclipse, West Coast Starz, Nationals LC, Leading Edge, Mad Dog Elite, Next Level. And the list goes on. Actually alot of credit should be given as all of the LI teams at this grade have been on age from the get go and competed with all these others.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who yiu’re aiming this at. All the top teams here on LI at this grade (Igloo/Moose/91/Express) play top 10 teams multiple times throughout fall/spring/summer. And they even play teams known for holdbacks: 2Way, 3D New England, Laxachusetts, Eclipse, West Coast Starz, Nationals LC, Leading Edge, Mad Dog Elite, Next Level. And the list goes on. Actually alot of credit should be given as all of the LI teams at this grade have been on age from the get go and competed with all these others.

Agree, the only LI holdbacks are for academics not sports like the others. The public school system is not a selling point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how the new rules apply. If it doesn’t become truly “on age”, you’re all going to be in for a rude awakening. The disparity will become blatantly obvious for the next two years. Sorry for the dose of reality to the igloo and moose cheerleaders on here. Kiss the championship T-shirts goodbye for now.
The silver lining is it will make your kids become better players for sure and benefit them in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This issue has been beaten to death. One side is frustrated because they want fair competition and the other likes telling them that it’s going to make their kids better. The truth is playing older kids in a tournament is not making them better it’s making the parents of the older kids feel better. If you truly believe that, then you must have a 2030 or 2031 playing up with the 2029’s which is why you’re on this thread. Doubt it. Practicing all year with older kids would likely make a better player but a game at a tournament just discourages kids. It’s cheating and everyone knows it no matter how you justify it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how the new rules apply. If it doesn’t become truly “on age”, you’re all going to be in for a rude awakening. The disparity will become blatantly obvious for the next two years. Sorry for the dose of reality to the igloo and moose cheerleaders on here. Kiss the championship T-shirts goodbye for now.
The silver lining is it will make your kids become better players for sure and benefit them in the long run.

Thanks for that amazing insight genius. You’re the epitome of what’s wrong with youth sports today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that amazing insight genius. You’re the epitome of what’s wrong with youth sports today.

I’m the epitome of what’s wrong with youth sports? Why is that? Because I came on here and responded to someone who was giving credit to the Long Island teams who competed with known holdback organizations in the past? Because I gave them a reality check that if the rules that have been in place for years are to continue, there will not be any competing with those teams for the next two years? Because I insinuated that igloo and moose, who are frequently mentioned on this forum, will not be winning much in the way of tournaments for the next two years?

Again, let me be clear because I apparently have to spell it out to you. I do not know how the new rules will apply to 2029 grads and how it will be enforced. I stated that. But here is what I do know. The win loss ratio of Long Island teams will take a hit if the rules are not enforced and if the holdback and reclass trend is allowed to continue. Let it be known that I believe that playing against better competition makes an athlete better and benefits them in the long run. I actually clearly stated that as well. Lacrosse should be age based. The only way a kid should be allowed to play down is if he is age appropriate. The only way a reclass or holdback should be able to play against his “new” grade is if he is age appropriate. However, as long as it’s not age based, 7th and 8th grade lacrosse will be dominated by holdback/reclass clubs. That is a fact. Ask any parent who has older kids who went through it. The disparity is most evident in those grades. Always has been and always will be if the rules do not change.
So once again I’m asking for a bit of clarification. How am I what’s wrong with youth sports?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series Qualifiers will be here before you know it. Get out on the wall around 8pm every night. That will roughly be the same temperature as the March Qualifier games in Delaware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook tomorrow will be good conditioning too…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This issue has been beaten to death. One side is frustrated because they want fair competition and the other likes telling them that it’s going to make their kids better. The truth is playing older kids in a tournament is not making them better it’s making the parents of the older kids feel better. If you truly believe that, then you must have a 2030 or 2031 playing up with the 2029’s which is why you’re on this thread. Doubt it. Practicing all year with older kids would likely make a better player but a game at a tournament just discourages kids. It’s cheating and everyone knows it no matter how you justify it.

Typical Biden Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The playing down debate …. Its never going to change and all we talk about how the on age kid is going to benefit playing against older kids …. So what is the benefit for the kid playing down ? Especially at this age where there is obviously growth disparity . If someone on here has a legit answer I’d love to hear it because that’s the real question that needs to be addressed . Does it make the off age kid better? Is it an ego booster what’s the real answer from someone who is actually doing it…. And yes my son is on age and I teach him to compete and play against the best competition he can because it will benefit him down the road. But if someone has a great answer as to why he should play down I’d love to hear it so maybe I can convince myself it’s a great idea for him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t make that kid better but also doesn’t really make the kid worse either. Only benefit is for the college coaches. Essentially getting a red shirt freshman freshman year. An additional year of muscle growth and development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The playing down debate …. Its never going to change and all we talk about how the on age kid is going to benefit playing against older kids …. So what is the benefit for the kid playing down ? Especially at this age where there is obviously growth disparity . If someone on here has a legit answer I’d love to hear it because that’s the real question that needs to be addressed . Does it make the off age kid better? Is it an ego booster what’s the real answer from someone who is actually doing it…. And yes my son is on age and I teach him to compete and play against the best competition he can because it will benefit him down the road. But if someone has a great answer as to why he should play down I’d love to hear it so maybe I can convince myself it’s a great idea for him

Great question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t make that kid better but also doesn’t really make the kid worse either. Only benefit is for the college coaches. Essentially getting a red shirt freshman freshman year. An additional year of muscle growth and development.
Why not PG a year which is what happens in basketball a lot, why not hold them back going into freshman year in HS, Basically what your saying the benefit doesn't arrive until they become a HS player and maybe lucky enough to be a college player. You are only making the argument stronger for those that believe holdbacks at this age really makes no sense for the player playing down. Does anyone else have a better answer to justify holding a player down a year? I am being serious here I would totally consider it for my own kids if anyone has a good reason for it to happen before HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s really quite the opposite. Play up, at least until high school. Get your [Censored] handed to you a few times. Get better. Playing down is the exact opposite of what I recommend if someone wants to get truly better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not PG a year which is what happens in basketball a lot, why not hold them back going into freshman year in HS, Basically what your saying the benefit doesn't arrive until they become a HS player and maybe lucky enough to be a college player. You are only making the argument stronger for those that believe holdbacks at this age really makes no sense for the player playing down. Does anyone else have a better answer to justify holding a player down a year? I am being serious here I would totally consider it for my own kids if anyone has a good reason for it to happen before HS.

PG only helps those that have a committment so they can be stashed at a prep school and not at a college roster for a year or for those who tell colleges way ahead of time (freshman or sophomore year( that they are going to PG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] PG only helps those that have a committment so they can be stashed at a prep school and not at a college roster for a year or for those who tell colleges way ahead of time (freshman or sophomore year( that they are going to PG.[/quote]

There’s a lot of wannabe recruiting consultants on here spewing lies and falsehoods. The only time a coach will call a player is after September 1 of their Junior year. A PG may be recommended if the player’s grades aren’t as competitive as the rest of the incoming class, and the next year‘s class is weaker. There’s no way a College Coach is calling Freshmen and Sophomores and recommending they PG. It doesn't happen.- and you are delusional. It’s the same people who go nuts about the WSYL and also ask about showcases for 8th and 9th graders - get a grip. There’s a good chance you’re burning your kid out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true that undergrad coaches can't talk to recruits until Sept 1 junior year. However, I have heard that some 7th and 8th graders are bypassing the traditional recruiting process and jumping straight to the college transfer portal. That's why these fall youth tournaments are so important. Most of the Ivy and ACC slots for '28s and '29s are already filled by doing this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true that undergrad coaches can't talk to recruits until Sept 1 junior year. However, I have heard that some 7th and 8th graders are bypassing the traditional recruiting process and jumping straight to the college transfer portal. That's why these fall youth tournaments are so important. Most of the Ivy and ACC slots for '28s and '29s are already filled by doing this.

We’ve heard Parents telling others that their kid is already on a ‘Watch List’. Usually they are firstborn children of people from typically small or weak HS lacrosse programs. Chasing the dream is alive and well in youth lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] PG only helps those that have a committment so they can be stashed at a prep school and not at a college roster for a year or for those who tell colleges way ahead of time (freshman or sophomore year( that they are going to PG.

There’s a lot of wannabe recruiting consultants on here spewing lies and falsehoods. The only time a coach will call a player is after September 1 of their Junior year. A PG may be recommended if the player’s grades aren’t as competitive as the rest of the incoming class, and the next year‘s class is weaker. There’s no way a College Coach is calling Freshmen and Sophomores and recommending they PG. It doesn't happen.- and you are delusional. It’s the same people who go nuts about the WSYL and also ask about showcases for 8th and 9th graders - get a grip. There’s a good chance you’re burning your kid out.[/quote]

I guess that also makes you a wanna be recruiter too. They’re definitely kids who receive a commitment post Sep 1 and PG because the college wants them to so they don’t have to stash the athlete in their roster and can do so at a prep school. Then there are also sophomores or have not had any “official” contact with colleges but have declared their intentions to either reclass or PG. Colleges have not reached out to them but they have definitely been in contact with their coaches.

I do agree that the PG year is sometimes used to strengthen a player either academically or athletically but by and large they have their commitments in hand. Looking at the PGs this year alone in the New England West / Founders league 75% of them committed prior to their PG year.

You are completely delusional if you think conversations are not happening behind the scenes with coaches and high schools. How do you think so many commitments on Sep 1 actually happen? By magic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. We’ve taken a number of unofficial visits. Club coaches are the conduit. If your club coach isn’t having these conversations then he isn’t doing his job. We all spend too much money, time and effort to not be on top of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. We’ve taken a number of unofficial visits. Club coaches are the conduit. If your club coach isn’t having these conversations then he isn’t doing his job. We all spend too much money, time and effort to not be on top of this.

My 2029 just committed. D1. Full ride. So glad the grind is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PG only helps those that have a committment so they can be stashed at a prep school and not at a college roster for a year or for those who tell colleges way ahead of time (freshman or sophomore year( that they are going to PG.

There’s a lot of wannabe recruiting consultants on here spewing lies and falsehoods. The only time a coach will call a player is after September 1 of their Junior year. A PG may be recommended if the player’s grades aren’t as competitive as the rest of the incoming class, and the next year‘s class is weaker. There’s no way a College Coach is calling Freshmen and Sophomores and recommending they PG. It doesn't happen.- and you are delusional. It’s the same people who go nuts about the WSYL and also ask about showcases for 8th and 9th graders - get a grip. There’s a good chance you’re burning your kid out.[/quote]

I guess that also makes you a wanna be recruiter too. They’re definitely kids who receive a commitment post Sep 1 and PG because the college wants them to so they don’t have to stash the athlete in their roster and can do so at a prep school. Then there are also sophomores or have not had any “official” contact with colleges but have declared their intentions to either reclass or PG. Colleges have not reached out to them but they have definitely been in contact with their coaches.

I do agree that the PG year is sometimes used to strengthen a player either academically or athletically but by and large they have their commitments in hand. Looking at the PGs this year alone in the New England West / Founders league 75% of them committed prior to their PG year.

You are completely delusional if you think conversations are not happening behind the scenes with coaches and high schools. How do you think so many commitments on Sep 1 actually happen? By magic?[/quote]

Thank you for your ridiculous thesis on the morals of youth lacrosse. You FAIL, no soup for you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 had to come back in the championship game to win near the end of the game that was dominated by LE. Kid from Venom bailed them out. Kid at X looked pretty good. Rest of the offense was non existent. Luckily their defense and goalies are pretty solid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look everyone it’s a complete BS artist. You’re special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 had to come back in the championship game to win near the end of the game that was dominated by LE. Kid from Venom bailed them out. Kid at X looked pretty good. Rest of the offense was non existent. Luckily their defense and goalies are pretty solid.

A 28 venom kid played on a 29 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s a lot of wannabe recruiting consultants on here spewing lies and falsehoods. The only time a coach will call a player is after September 1 of their Junior year. A PG may be recommended if the player’s grades aren’t as competitive as the rest of the incoming class, and the next year‘s class is weaker. There’s no way a College Coach is calling Freshmen and Sophomores and recommending they PG. It doesn't happen.- and you are delusional. It’s the same people who go nuts about the WSYL and also ask about showcases for 8th and 9th graders - get a grip. There’s a good chance you’re burning your kid out.

You are completely delusional if you think conversations are not happening behind the scenes with coaches and high schools. How do you think so many commitments on Sep 1 actually happen? By magic?[/quote]

Thank you for your ridiculous thesis on the morals of youth lacrosse. You FAIL, no soup for you![/quote]

Plenty of darn good soup for me. It sure what you were reading but nowhere in there does it talk about the “morality” of lacrosse. It is merry staying the obvious that the majority of high level recruitment happens behind the scenes and at all ages from freshman-junior year.

You may not like it but that’s the system and it’s not immoral because that’s how the majority of business and politics are done in this country, behind the scenes and with connections. Do I like it for lacrosse? Absolutely not. Lacrosse has become the haves and have nots very quickly and there is a huge equity and access issue in lacrosse. Not immoral but I don’t like it. But my kids did fine regardless so I guess we got our soup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look everyone it’s a complete BS artist. You’re special.

I can’t tell if you are serious or not. Did you not understand the joke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don’t know who he is by now you don’t really know ‘28 or ‘29 LI Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don’t know who he is by now you don’t really know ‘28 or ‘29 LI Lacrosse

Please fill me in. Is he a respectable 29’ that plays up as well, or a hated holdback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I know he’s a true 2029. And he’s a machine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I know he’s a true 2029. And he’s a machine!
Well that’s admirable and should be inspiring to the rest of these parents. Not the other way around!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure other teams have 29’s playing for 28’s but 91 will be top contender if they elect to go to WS qualifiers with that #91 kid plus a healthy midfield. Will be hard to contain and that will open up their attack for a lot of scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure other teams have 29’s playing for 28’s but 91 will be top contender if they elect to go to WS qualifiers with that #91 kid plus a healthy midfield. Will be hard to contain and that will open up their attack for a lot of scoring.
Not a 91 parent but true kid is a talent who has played up with the 28’s, a true 29. It does make them better when he is on the field. He is a great example of a player that played up to compete against a level of play he felt he could compete against. Great for him should be an example to the hold back parents. If he plays with the 29’s 91 will have a much better path to success. But everyone they play will know who the kid is and it will come down to coaching and the kids on the field as usual. One player in a team game will not define success for the team ,no doubt it will help but won’t guarantee anything. Is 91 all of a sudden playing for the WS? What changed ? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91 all of a sudden playing for the WS? What changed ? Why?

Location of championship has changed. East coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that’s true, why have they updated the website with hotel links for Minneapolis in the last month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that new Tristar tournament the same weekend getting 29 teams registered?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard