BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy East 2028 looked good last tournament, it could have something to do with brining a bunch of Lumberjax starters to play with them
FACTS, That did happen

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly yes.29 is not the only struggling age group for 91 right now.Last year at this time the rankings were being updated after every tournament that 91 teams did well in.And to the people who claim that rankings were not a hot topic last year?Please do your homework!
There are plenty of 91 /US Club lax connections.
And I do believe the comment was also aimed at the social media outlets for the 91 organization promoting the rankings along with the individual all star accolades.

Absolutely! Suddenly WS isn’t important. These clubs like 91 & express are behind the scenes at many events and clinics. They are constantly trying to pull the strings. Promote their brand by any means necessary.

The World Series is being moved to the east coast. Both of those teams will now be participating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy East 2028 looked good last tournament, it could have something to do with brining a bunch of Lumberjax starters to play with them
FACTS, That did happen
Saw .the post with a huge roster, now I get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly yes.29 is not the only struggling age group for 91 right now.Last year at this time the rankings were being updated after every tournament that 91 teams did well in.And to the people who claim that rankings were not a hot topic last year?Please do your homework!
And I do believe the comment was also aimed at the social media outlets for the 91 organization promoting the rankings along with the individual all star accolades.

Absolutely! Suddenly WS isn’t important. These clubs like 91 & express are behind the scenes at many events and clinics. They are constantly trying to pull the strings. Promote their brand by any means necessary.

The World Series is being moved to the east coast. Both of those teams will now be participating.

Is that confirmed that the tantrum worked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s confirmed that you will no longer need plane tickets. 2.5 - 3 hour drive from LI. You should thank all the clubs who balked at going out west. It’s not like the west coast was suddenly putting together age appropriate teams to populate the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tantrum or not, in all sports you want the best teams playing and not having Express and/or 91 playing diminishes the quality of the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W.S. Is in Minnesota

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express or 91 not winning no matter where it’s played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACTS, That did happen

So now legacy is doing what express is doing on 28’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team cheats, hence why that statement above is wrong, express and 91 will find players and they will compete. Igloo Moose etc have no shot at the WS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team cheats, hence why that statement above is wrong, express and 91 will find players and they will compete. Igloo Moose etc have no shot at the WS

So you’re saying that everyone cheats but 91 and express are just more successful at cheating than igloo and moose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ll both be bringing their age eligible 28’s i’m sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought the eligibility worked where you pick where you can play based on your birthday/grad year and you stay in that lane? Being able to just switch because you're technically age eligible, but not that grad year doesn't make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as the players are born on or after 9/1/2010 they are eligible. Express 91 and everyone else will bring 28s down. As is typical with this message board igloo rebels etc won’t be happy and I’m sure disgruntled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought the eligibility worked where you pick where you can play based on your birthday/grad year and you stay in that lane? Being able to just switch because you're technically age eligible, but not that grad year doesn't make sense.

Club Lacrosse is by grade. So you could have a kid left or held back a year or reclassed and they could still play because they are in the same grade as the others, regardless of age.

The World Series is by age with birth certificate checks. So regardless of grade, as long as one meets the birthdate cut off, then they are eligible.

And herein lies the problem with all events. People will complain when 28’s come play the worldseries. People will complain when teams show up to 2029 events next summer with 14 and 15 year olds.

It can be confusing.

Only thing not confusing is that Long Island teams typically dominate on age play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club Lacrosse is by grade. So you could have a kid left or held back a year or reclassed and they could still play because they are in the same grade as the others, regardless of age.

The World Series is by age with birth certificate checks. So regardless of grade, as long as one meets the birthdate cut off, then they are eligible.

And herein lies the problem with all events. People will complain when 28’s come play the worldseries. People will complain when teams show up to 2029 events next summer with 14 and 15 year olds.

It can be confusing.

Only thing not confusing is that Long Island teams typically dominate on age play.

They probably should with 10 million kids to select from, and still have above age kids on their teams. Wink, wink. They still can’t get them on the same team so they find excuses for why they lose to northern and southern teams. Go to Minnesota and enjoy your tournament, we will be waiting this summer to smack your on age kids around, and your holdbacks to. Stop the lies!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did a Maryland team win the World Series?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. Look at last year's WS Final. The differing cutoff dates betw states definitely help add to the confusion (Dec - NY, Sept - elsewhere). This is why USLax sets recommended age guidelines (Sept 2009 - Dec 2010). More LI Public School kids are playing lacrossse than in any other area of the country. Look at how many Club Teams you have for just 2 Counties. Holdbacks are not a Regional Issue, it is an Economic one. Reclassing from Public to Private may be the only way to reclass after starting Kindergarten late. Check out College rosters of the Top programs in the Country, especially the Ivy League - most Freshman are not coming from LI Public Schools. People that afford to send their kid to Private HS can also afford to start them late for Kindergarten. Why not give this kid as much of an advantage as possible? It's not cheating, if it works. Most people, in the same situ, would do the same. Look no further than your LI Club sidelines, where the majority of your Coaches, who know this, are probably doing the same for their families. Look at your LI Clubs who promote the #1 recruits in the country but don't post their ages, or, sadly, how many different High Schools they went to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. Look at last year's WS Final. The differing cutoff dates betw states definitely help add to the confusion (Dec - NY, Sept - elsewhere). This is why USLax sets recommended age guidelines (Sept 2009 - Dec 2010). More LI Public School kids are playing lacrossse than in any other area of the country. Look at how many Club Teams you have for just 2 Counties. Holdbacks are not a Regional Issue, it is an Economic one. Reclassing from Public to Private may be the only way to reclass after starting Kindergarten late. Check out College rosters of the Top programs in the Country, especially the Ivy League - most Freshman are not coming from LI Public Schools. People that afford to send their kid to Private HS can also afford to start them late for Kindergarten. Why not give this kid as much of an advantage as possible? It's not cheating, if it works. Most people, in the same situ, would do the same. Look no further than your LI Club sidelines, where the majority of your Coaches, who know this, are probably doing the same for their families. Look at your LI Clubs who promote the #1 recruits in the country but don't post their ages, or, sadly, how many different High Schools they went to.

The statement was LI “typically” dominates on age play.
You pointed to one year an LI team didn’t win the WS. The first time in how many years? Alot, i won’t bother to count.

You went through that whole word salad for nothing.

LI kids typically dominate on age play. That’s a fact.

You want to get into economics and privilege and college rosters? The benefits to reclassing and private high schools? That’s another conversation.

LI kids dominate on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I almost think it’s less socioeconomic than provincial. Plenty of dough out here but culturally Long Island has never been big into the New England prep school thing regardless of lacrosse. There are exceptions of course, but I wonder if playing for the best league in the country will entice more kids to leave the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I almost think it’s less socioeconomic than provincial. Plenty of dough out here but culturally Long Island has never been big into the New England prep school thing regardless of lacrosse. There are exceptions of course, but I wonder if playing for the best league in the country will entice more kids to leave the island.

St Anthonys and Chaminade are a fraction of the price of those schools.

I would bet if those New England schools popped up on the sidelines with tuition incentives putting them on par price wise with the above you might see more kids leave and try it out. As it is, I think they get plenty of business from the New England area and don’t need to run fire sales for lax players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou Dr. Phil!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The prep schools have endowments and aid packages larger than most colleges. Should not rule it based on sticker price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Price aside they’re insanely hard to get into and stay in. Meatheads like us better off staying here and trolling blogs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Anthonys and Chaminade are a fraction of the price of those schools.

I would bet if those New England schools popped up on the sidelines with tuition incentives putting them on par price wise with the above you might see more kids leave and try it out. As it is, I think they get plenty of business from the New England area and don’t need to run fire sales for lax players.

Why travel when we have 2 of the best schools here? No reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How to say “I’m a LI meathead” without sayin “I’m a LI meathead”. Doubt you’re qualified to mop the floors at those 2 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How to say “I’m a LI meathead” without sayin “I’m a LI meathead”. Doubt you’re qualified to mop the floors at those 2 schools.

The only good education you can get is in CT for 75k a year, everyone knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough weekend for express. Again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on NAL this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

daddyball is up and running

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough weekend for LI teams at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get what you pay for….lol
Express parents must be thrilled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moran not even there to stop it.

Talk about being sold a bill of goods.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and no. By that measure, this was a rough weekend for anyone that isn’t a national team (including west coast stars) or 3d NE. Speaking of which, any idea what happened with 3d? Didn’t see them play but seems like They got a lot better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s wrong……..Coach C and Coach M handing over the reigns to Daddy Coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and no. By that measure, this was a rough weekend for anyone that isn’t a national team (including west coast stars) or 3d NE. Speaking of which, any idea what happened with 3d? Didn’t see them play but seems like They got a lot better.

They’re older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s wrong……..Coach C and Coach M handing over the reigns to Daddy Coaches?
Wasn’t the original coach who I think technically is still the head coach a daddy coach of the 29 Aa team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’re older
Saw igloo play the first game one of the west coast teams definitely looked like and off game for them vs what I have seen of them at the last two tournaments . That was one game that just slipped away from them definitely a team they can beat if/when playing best of ability. But to their credit have to say they are the best LI team for the fall having swept all the supposed top teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moran not even there to stop it.

Talk about being sold a bill of goods.

the season has become a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’re older
Saw igloo play the first game one of the west coast teams definitely looked like and off game for them vs what I have seen of them at the last two tournaments . That was one game that just slipped away from them definitely a team they can beat if/when playing best of ability. But to their credit have to say they are the best LI team for the fall having swept all the supposed top teams

They were the best team in the fall last year as well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard