BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Express team is ripe for the picking for recruitment years. Big opportunity for players looking for NLF access down the road. I’d suspect tryouts next summer will be packed. Start to see out of state folk showing up as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well no worries to all of you who know everything. The WS will be moved back to the east and teams who weren’t going will now participate!

Wait. I thought they weren’t going because of holdbacks and not location?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well no worries to all of you who know everything. The WS will be moved back to the east and teams who weren’t going will now participate!

They don’t want to go anywhere they can’t control who they play so they can blow teams out and pound their chests about how good they are. Imagine being part of a team you pay $4k+ on and you’re afraid to play competitive teams so you can protect the brand?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don’t want to go anywhere they can’t control who they play so they can blow teams out and pound their chests about how good they are. Imagine being part of a team you pay $4k+ on and you’re afraid to play competitive teams so you can protect the brand?

let’s keep moving the goal posts. First it was holdbacks and now it’s schedule control which we all know is false because we can look up where all these teams played last year and see how many they played outside of their ownership as well as how many top ranked clubs each team played.

You should be thanking the club directors of Express and 91 and a few others for putting the pressure on the owners of the WS and getting the WS moved back east, saving you on plane tickets and rental cars. But maybe now you’re worried about your kids team actually qualifying as their will be one or two less spots to get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea where the world series will be moved to?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale State College

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are TRULY ignorant. Express and 91 don’t shy away from playing the best teams year in year out and across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD/DE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://thealliancelacrosseleague.com/

Same weekend as NLF. These are good teams and should draw some college eyeballs. Do we know if any teams from our area will go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coach is looking at 29’s unless you have one of their kids on the roster and they are there to cheer them on.

Looks like a good group of clubs to build a tournament foundation with.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same weekend as NLF. These are good teams and should draw some college eyeballs. Do we know if any teams from our area will go?

2 things..
-There are nw 'college eyeballs' at 2029 tournaments, &
- This would be the tournament for teams with 14 yr olds competing in 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way too early for college viewing. Go for fun, team, experience. Even film is not as important at this age because colleges don’t want to look at film this young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they’re saying that colleges won’t send their entire staffs to NLF to watch HS kids when something comparable is occurring the same weekend. May take away from prestige and chest thumping that NLF trumpets. This will likely be competitive up and down the age spectrum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a related note, I think there is a showcase in NJ this weekend and 2029s are invited. I know showcases can be important as the kids get older but is there any reason to go to one at this age? Obviously a lot of people go to them so they must see some benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 things..
-There are nw 'college eyeballs' at 2029 tournaments, &
- This would be the tournament for teams with 14 yr olds competing in 2029.

Those are all holdback clubs. LI clubs will get a smackdown at that tourney when showing up with 13 and some 12 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD/DE

Moving this year and scratching Minnesota or is this next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Staying in MN this year. Supposedly they worked with PLL to have it the same weekend. Should be fun for the kids of that is the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Moving it out of Minnesota for this upcoming event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spineless of the organizers if that’s true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real spineless when they’re about to not be able to host a tournament. You really think 91 and Express were the only clubs not going?

I hope they do leave it in Minnesota. Then when they only have 10 teams instead of over 20, we’ll get the MoneyMen behind Express or 91 or Primetime to take over and run the World Series going forward. Exactly what everyone wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos if they move it out of MN..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S and 2way are a part of this now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Alliance Lacrosse League that someone brought up yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S 2029 team is a powerhouse. Organizers are def scared now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Moving it out of Minnesota for this upcoming event.

#fakenews

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S and 2way are a part of this now

well no one elsw wants 2Way with their checkered past of roster games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know the real reason.Tristar run by Express
Igloo/Rebels play

NAL - Igloo Rebels play

Legacy tournament -igloo Rebels play

Any other tournament that exists - igloo Rebels play.

But not the NLF hmm I wonder who is blocking that?
Will that change now that it is on Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real spineless when they’re about to not be able to host a tournament. You really think 91 and Express were the only clubs not going?

I hope they do leave it in Minnesota. Then when they only have 10 teams instead of over 20, we’ll get the MoneyMen behind Express or 91 or Primetime to take over and run the World Series going forward. Exactly what everyone wants.

I thought 91 did run the World Series… Isn’t that whate everybody complains about year after year that they get the easy schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No!No reason at all except to have fun!Any other diluted lax parent bringing their future little Rabil to “get their name out there” are the ones ruining everything for their players and everyone else.Showcases mean NOTHING until HS.But it is fun to watch these “future all stars” show up and realize there is heavy comp sometimes.Then it turns into “We are here for the experience “ lol.showcases are there for players to SHOWCASE themselves to college coaches… why in the world would 7th graders go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tristar with a new tournament: Stars and Stripes. Same weekend as WS. Steeper than usual registration fee. Looks like they are trying to make it a direct competitor with an “experience” for players and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No!No reason at all except to have fun!Any other diluted lax parent bringing their future little Rabil to “get their name out there” are the ones ruining everything for their players and everyone else.Showcases mean NOTHING until HS.But it is fun to watch these “future all stars” show up and realize there is heavy comp sometimes.Then it turns into “We are here for the experience “ lol.showcases are there for players to SHOWCASE themselves to college coaches… why in the world would 7th graders go?

So the parents can put it on Facebook and Instagram of course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was my thinking as well. There is also a lot of FOMO going on. fool how much money people spend on these at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of tournaments to choose from every summer. Hopefully we end up at different ones. You sound like a real peach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was my thinking as well. There is also a lot of FOMO going on. fool how much money people spend on these at this age.

Spending money is the only way unfortunately. Whether it’s showcases, clinics or camps. You have to pay to play. Prove me wrong. Especially if you don’t have a hook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spending money is the only way unfortunately. Whether it’s showcases, clinics or camps. You have to pay to play. Prove me wrong. Especially if you don’t have a hook.

I genuinely don't understand what you mean. You have to pay $$$ at camps and showcases in order to play lacrosse? If you're good, I think most teams are happy to have you on their roster. I'm happy to be educated here if I'm wrong, but I don't see it. I can see how forking up more money can help you get/stay on a team if you're a borderline player. But if you're a borderline player, I guess I'm wondering what the value is to spending extra money to be on a team when you don't get to play much, if it even works that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay B team parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay B team parent!

What? Not a B team parent. If you want to go to showcases and you find value in that, be my guest. It sounds like you honestly believe it is pay to play, which has not been my experience. And when I speak with parents of older kids who now play in college, they have told me it's not worth it at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th grade showcases are for the ego plain and simple. No college coaches are watching 7th graders. So burn your money if you want that’s on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes B team parent! Keep your kid playing in his comfort zone so when he gets to college he rides the pine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get those Tristar predictions in!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard