BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid getting to play against kids his own age for once…… Priceless!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OFF POINT. anyone that comes on here and corrects grammar or reading comprehension, really has no life.
I type and I send, not always perfect, but again who cares.
2029-Thread. IMA Taken legdacy in Da Carlombus da tounremat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can’t believe anyone is actually arguing in favor of the world series. Must be one of the Range Rover parents.

Most parents of a competitive on age kid.

We’re not following your logic, help us understand why you wouldn’t be in favor of a World Series tournament?

Because his kid loses his age advantage that he’s enjoyed for years. When he has to play with kids his own age he can’t hang.

If your kid can’t hang with an older kid, he has no shot at success at this sport. Older kids playing best thing to ever happen to my kid. Sharpen skills and built confidence.

Anyone else want to tell him??

Dude your older kid plays with younger kids and you are preaching about kids should play older kids. Smh

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, SMH

So your son is going to lose all of the skills he's developed
over the years playing against older kids when he plays a 3
day tournament against kids his own age?
More likely you're a holdback Dad that wants to crush
everyone else's good time or your a Dad of a kid whose
team that has little chance of qualifying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe anyone is actually arguing in favor of the world series. Must be one of the Range Rover parents.

Most parents of a competitive on age kid.

We’re not following your logic, help us understand why you wouldn’t be in favor of a World Series tournament?

Because his kid loses his age advantage that he’s enjoyed for years. When he has to play with kids his own age he can’t hang.

If your kid can’t hang with an older kid, he has no shot at success at this sport. Older kids playing best thing to ever happen to my kid. Sharpen skills and built confidence.

Anyone else want to tell him??

Dude your older kid plays with younger kids and you are preaching about kids should play older kids. Smh

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, SMH

So your son is going to lose all of the skills he's developed
over the years playing against older kids when he plays a 3
day tournament against kids his own age?
More likely you're a holdback Dad that wants to crush
everyone else's good time or your a Dad of a kid whose
team that has little chance of qualifying.

Dude, your kid is simply a bad lacrosse player. That’s the only people who complain about holdbacks. Sorry, try deck hockey, I’m sure he’ll be great at that. Leave lacrosse to the athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The athletes that can only compete if they play kids younger? Lol you peaked in Middle School didn’t you. That’s why you held your kid back. It won’t work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably all true but will anyone pull their kid from qualifiers to make a point? We’re all sheep and will go along with it like we always do.

point has been made

more points to follow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be as many North qualifiers this year as last? How does that even work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like teams are dropping out. Less to worry about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be as many North qualifiers this year as last? How does that even work?

will be some unexpected qualifiers this year
multiple big name teams opting to not attend, with a huge surprise as to who the first team is who pulled the plug

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No big teams have dropped out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams have dropped out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No big teams have dropped out.

Yes they have

Kids were told last night. Ask around. It’s the one team you would never expect to drop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are just a reflection of those pathetic parents who live vicariously through their kid. If your kid is such a student, have him play up a year (or two).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opting out because they know the competition is much tougher and they can no longer blow teams out regularly... welcome to Any Given Sunday! They'll use cost as an excuse to not go, yet they're the same parents who spend thousands per year on their lacrosse team wardrobe just to say their kid plays for the club, when in fact, he rides the bench. Comedy at its finest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opting out because they know the competition is much tougher and they can no longer blow teams out regularly... welcome to Any Given Sunday! They'll use cost as an excuse to not go, yet they're the same parents who spend thousands per year on their lacrosse team wardrobe just to say their kid plays for the club, when in fact, he rides the bench. Comedy at its finest!

It’s more than one club opting out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91 are out. Enjoy Minnesota without the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go Rebels!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine flying to Minnesota to see the same final we’re gonna see at the Columbus Day Invitational.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine flying to Minnesota to see the same final we’re gonna see at the Columbus Day Invitational.

Putting aside whether both of those teams are actually in the conversation as being "the best", does anyone have context about why they are dropping out? It's not because of the location of the final. Do they have many kids who don't meet the 9/1 age cutoff? I know there are some but don't know how many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Putting aside whether both of those teams are actually in the conversation as being "the best", does anyone have context about why they are dropping out? It's not because of the location of the final. Do they have many kids who don't meet the 9/1 age cutoff? I know there are some but don't know how many.

It’s exactly because of the location of the final.

If this was east coast there would be no opting out.

They are not the only 2 regular attendees opting out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other LI teams opted out? I hadn’t heard anything. Did any CT teams bail? They had the two finalists I think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are definitely bailing out because of the location not because the competition is getting tougher. Rebels Black/Team 91 Empire Combo will celebrate this as a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is going but just hoping for a participation medal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a little surprised and confused about this. A flight to Minnesota is not much different time-wise than a flight to NC. And it's not like staying in Mathews, NC was that big of a draw. And I don't think most of the kids care whether it's NC or MN. What am I missing? There's no way that it's just about the location of the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, seems kind of lame by them but if they took a poll of families willing to do it and the result was a “no”, then why go through with it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the official rule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, seems kind of lame by them but if they took a poll of families willing to do it and the result was a “no”, then why go through with it?

I agree with you. I would just be surprised if the poll resulted in a "no" vote solely because of the location. I'm sure people are underwhelmed by Minnesota but I haven't heard a single person from any participating club even suggesting that they wanted to back out because of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a little surprised and confused about this. A flight to Minnesota is not much different time-wise than a flight to NC. And it's not like staying in Mathews, NC was that big of a draw. And I don't think most of the kids care whether it's NC or MN. What am I missing? There's no way that it's just about the location of the final.

I think you’ll find that most east, southeast and northeast teams would drive to any location on the east coast. The majority of teams that compete in this tournament each year are from those regions. Not every lax parent is an infinite money glitch and wants to spend for plane tickets and rental cars and everything else during a holiday week. And if you look deeper into the situation, both Express and 91 play NLF Championship in July. That is regulary one of the top tournaments in the country year in and year out. This year it is on age for them. It’s also on Long Island this year as opposed to Lehigh. Kind of defeats the purpose of flying to Minnesota when they will get one of the best tournaments in the country, on age and in their own backyard. I’d bet on other northeast teams that compete at NLF to also opt out of the World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you’ll find that most east, southeast and northeast teams would drive to any location on the east coast. The majority of teams that compete in this tournament each year are from those regions. Not every lax parent is an infinite money glitch and wants to spend for plane tickets and rental cars and everything else during a holiday week. And if you look deeper into the situation, both Express and 91 play NLF Championship in July. That is regulary one of the top tournaments in the country year in and year out. This year it is on age for them. It’s also on Long Island this year as opposed to Lehigh. Kind of defeats the purpose of flying to Minnesota when they will get one of the best tournaments in the country, on age and in their own backyard. I’d bet on other northeast teams that compete at NLF to also opt out of the World Series.

Interesting points, thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would the NLF have to do with it? It's two weeks after the WS anyway. Maybe the WS location is not ideal, but I'd imagine the facility they'll be playing at will be top notch. Most of us spend enough time and money traveling up and down the mid-atlantic region May-July so what's the difference really, airfare? Last time I checked, MD, DE and NC weren't exactly top tourist destinations. Hotels in the area are more than reasonable (if not cheaper). You go for 3-4 nights, rent a car for a few days and watch some good teams compete. Isn't part of this about the overall experience for the boys? Cost is a cop-out excuse given the top clubs are printing money and could help subsidize if they wanted to. Or, did you ever hear of the word fundraising? Wow, what a concept that would be right? People would actually have to do something... imagine that? Most of the people complaining are the ones who spend thousands outfitting themselves in their team gear so they look like a walking billboard on the sideline, while their kid sits on the bench. Who cares if those teams choose to not go, their loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth! Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would the NLF have to do with it? It's two weeks after the WS anyway. Maybe the WS location is not ideal, but I'd imagine the facility they'll be playing at will be top notch. Most of us spend enough time and money traveling up and down the mid-atlantic region May-July so what's the difference really, airfare? Last time I checked, MD, DE and NC weren't exactly top tourist destinations. Hotels in the area are more than reasonable (if not cheaper). You go for 3-4 nights, rent a car for a few days and watch some good teams compete. Isn't part of this about the overall experience for the boys? Cost is a cop-out excuse given the top clubs are printing money and could help subsidize if they wanted to. Or, did you ever hear of the word fundraising? Wow, what a concept that would be right? People would actually have to do something... imagine that? Most of the people complaining are the ones who spend thousands outfitting themselves in their team gear so they look like a walking billboard on the sideline, while their kid sits on the bench. Who cares if those teams choose to not go, their loss.

I look forward to seeing you in MD forum chastising all of the DMV teams who choose not to go year in and year out.

I’m sure they’ll also appreciate you telling them how to spend their money.

Look at this as an opportunity. You have two decent teams out of the way. Seize the day, go win the World Series. It might help with getting kids into your child’s program in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is telling you how to spend your money... one word, fundraise!!! Imagine you actually having to do something to help your sons team raise money so they can participate? Maybe downgrade from your Range Rover to something more economical and save a few bucks? Stop making excuses! Or, maybe you're just worried your team won't qualify without those reclasses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is telling you how to spend your money... one word, fundraise!!! Imagine you actually having to do something to help your sons team raise money so they can participate? Maybe downgrade from your Range Rover to something more economical and save a few bucks? Stop making excuses! Or, maybe you're just worried your team won't qualify without those reclasses?

Here you are telling people what to do again. How to spend their money or their time. Even selling their cars for them.

You sound very bitter.

Try to enjoy the experience with your child. Stop worrying about who is going and who is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about those FL, GA and CO teams that consistently come to us. They do this nutty travel all summer Are we being sour because two CT teams broke up our LI monopoly and made last year’s final?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Express or 91 thought they could win, they would be in, Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comedy is any club parent thinking it’s a good investment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posted 2nd time, If BOC does not let it , Shame on you. Express and 91 will not go to WSYL because they know they will not win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re about as sharp as a spoon… keep running to that New Balance store, while your kid rides the bench. Or, are you afraid you can’t win against a level playing field? Downgrade from your Range Rover and stop making excuses!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard