BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 69 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
most of those kids dont even belong on the team. They let better kids go to keep the old team togther.

Very transparent responce. The old my sons freinds story. Give it a break. Who have you beaten to claim how good you are.

I agree. But your not on here claiming to be a top team. fl$ is a good team but not a top team in the age group. Maybe next year they will pick players who belong and who dont know the coach

If fl$ could play half as good as the parents claim to be a top team. The team would be AAAA. lol fl$ is an good team who has not beaten any one and has not played the top teams in the age group. Heres a thought, Stop talking unitl you beat someone. You are the ones that sound stupid.

Please reconsider throwing words like "stupid" in your posts. BOTC thought you might like to review your last four posts. Please back away from the keyboard as this constitutes assault and battery on the English language.

The best part is that this brain surgeon thinks his 'elite' kid will be playing at a prestigious university. He doesn't have a chance with your genes and level of education! Please keep posting, you are such a simpleton. You must have a great collection of tank tops.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout and your perception of its fairness has nothing to do with the best players on that or any teamteam. They would make any team they tryout for. Just give the best players credit and move on. We are not talking about good players or borderline players were are talking about some of the best players in that age group.

OK, lets try again.We are not talking about THOSE talented KIDS WHO WOULD MAKE A N Y TEAM. Some fl$ teams would have been BETTER(one in particular), if rumored favoritism wasn't a part of the selection process after try-outs ,last fall.It looked like a fares to some parents, who paid good money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If fl$ could play half as good as the parents claim to be a top team. The team would be AAAA. lol fl$ is an good team who has not beaten any one and has not played the top teams in the age group. Heres a thought, Stop talking unitl you beat someone. You are the ones that sound stupid.

Keep typing, your posts are hilarious........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just checked. There are five kids from one middle school, five from another middle school and 4 from another middle school.

Yes, the whole thing stinks and is very suspect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout and your perception of its fairness has nothing to do with the best players on that or any teamteam. They would make any team they tryout for. Just give the best players credit and move on. We are not talking about good players or borderline players were are talking about some of the best players in that age group.

OK, lets try again.We are not talking about THOSE talented KIDS WHO WOULD MAKE A N Y TEAM. Some fl$ teams would have been BETTER(one in particular), if rumored favoritism wasn't a part of the selection process after try-outs ,last fall.It looked like a fares to some parents, who paid good money.

If we are basing favoritism on the roster, then it has been going on for a few years. Either way, my son's team played them this year and it does seem as if they play their whole team. Can't say that about the team my son plays on and the kids on his team do notice this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, there is something to be said for chemistry...though maybe not in this case...can't wait for fl$ to come to MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel as if MD parents think that LI teams cant match up against teams from MD while as a LI dad I believe that most LI would beat the MD teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel as if MD parents think that LI teams cant match up against teams from MD while as a LI dad I believe that most LI would beat the MD teams

When you take the top tier teams from LI or Maryland they are very competitive with a slight edge going to LI. But once you get past that top tier the second and third tier teams from LI usually destroy their counterparts from all other states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a MD perspective, I think the top clubs match up well...Turtles from LI get the nod, but will be a tough game against Crabs (diff team than last year)...Breakers in Balt solid (lost to Terps in the fall, not sure that gets repeated)...VLC or FCA will give either LI team a good game, then you get to 91 from LI...would be nice to see the best from both at 1 tourney..seems a decent drop off in talent after that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all crazy!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a MD perspective, I think the top clubs match up well...Turtles from LI get the nod, but will be a tough game against Crabs (diff team than last year)...Breakers in Balt solid (lost to Terps in the fall, not sure that gets repeated)...VLC or FCA will give either LI team a good game, then you get to 91 from LI...would be nice to see the best from both at 1 tourney..seems a decent drop off in talent after that

How is the MadLax Orange team for 2017/U15 this summer? How do they compare to Crabs, Breakers, VLC, FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is becoming a real divergence in the talent level of the clubs. The better talent is migrate to a few select clubs and there is a drop off in talent beyond. The AA brackets are getting smaller and the A brackets are getting larger. Keep in mind these boys are 13/14 and the size and skill changes rapidly from year to year...It does seem that the boys focused on working on skills year round benefit early..hopefully they are participating in other sports outside lacrosse along the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on which Madlax team. Madlax National All Stars, draws best players from all regional teams, Madlax Capital, draws from DC, MD, VA, or Madlax Rock, the former Chesapeake Rock team draws from the Baltimore area. All good teams.
Crabs and VLC beat the Madlax Capital All Stars during the spring NPYLL season. For the league playoffs, Madlax brought in their National All Star team. Good squad. Beat both VLC and Crabs for NPYLL U15 championship. Madlax Capital lost to Breakers in semi final at last weekend's Green Turtle tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regard to LI talent... Yes there are 5 to 10 teams that are very good in 2017. The top 5, will match up well with most teams from MD. (if they are the same age, sorry, always been an issue) The Turtles are on another planet. No, not a turtle parent. If a team from MD beats them, it has got to be an age deal. However, there are so many more clubs on LI, must be close to 30 now. That's not taking into account the public school HS coaches from top programs that make their kids play on their own team. For example, Ward Melville, Smithtown, Sayville, SWR, Sachem, West Islip, etc, etc. One could take the top 25 kids from the 6 schools mentioned and beat any travel team from anywhere. You could field it with 25 top tier FUTURE D1 players... The point is, the depth of talent on LI is far deeper than anywhere else in the country. With so many kids on so many teams, the top LI travel teams while all excellent, are in effect watered down. One could say it's an embarrassment of riches...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we are basing favoritism on the roster, then it has been going on for a few years. Either way, my son's team played them this year and it does seem as if they play their whole team. Can't say that about the team my son plays on and the kids on his team do notice this.

Yeah, playing everyone is one thing, however wining is almost everything to teams of this caliber. What is DESPICABLE is , soaking parents for over a hundred bucks when you have little or no intention of choosing their kid for your team!!! RIP OFF,,,, 5 kids from the same school on a 20-24 man team....what a joke. Keep up the good work fl$. you may have a dozen kids show up this Fall for next years tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regard to LI talent... Yes there are 5 to 10 teams that are very good in 2017. The top 5, will match up well with most teams from MD. (if they are the same age, sorry, always been an issue) The Turtles are on another planet. No, not a turtle parent. If a team from MD beats them, it has got to be an age deal. However, there are so many more clubs on LI, must be close to 30 now. That's not taking into account the public school HS coaches from top programs that make their kids play on their own team. For example, Ward Melville, Smithtown, Sayville, SWR, Sachem, West Islip, etc, etc. One could take the top 25 kids from the 6 schools mentioned and beat any travel team from anywhere. You could field it with 25 top tier FUTURE D1 players... The point is, the depth of talent on LI is far deeper than anywhere else in the country. With so many kids on so many teams, the top LI travel teams while all excellent, are in effect watered down. One could say it's an embarrassment of riches...

Brine Long Island North.... Although we can all agree that they missed a few boys, let's face it, this is very close to a true all-Long Island team. FYI, my son is on the very talented South team and we're happy he'll have the experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, playing everyone is one thing, however wining is almost everything to teams of this caliber. What is DESPICABLE is , soaking parents for over a hundred bucks when you have little or no intention of choosing their kid for your team!!! RIP OFF,,,, 5 kids from the same school on a 20-24 man team....what a joke. Keep up the good work fl$. you may have a dozen kids show up this Fall for next years tryout

Don't all the teams do this? True blue was looking to change two players on their 2017 team as per the coach and 91 orange barely changed their rosters; both teams have b team options, but who would want their "superstars" to play at that caliber. Lax is a money making sport...why take it so seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suppose your comment is true "relatively". Sure, LI is and has always been a lax hotbed. And I'm sure these top 25 "top tier" players you refer to will most definately find a DI team, after all there are a ton of them now. But the best players, perhaps 5 or 6 overall will be the bigger, faster, stronger players will land on the top teams (acc, ivy etc). I guess my point is that not all DI teams are the same level, just as these top 25 "top tier" LI players you mentioned will be the tops in their class. AFTER ALL, there are over 70 some odd DI teams.... If your kid wants DI there is surely some team out there for him. He may not play on a team destined for memorial day games or ivy etc ... Parents need to be realistic with their sons talent. Embrace that. But most of all, stop bashing those kids (teams) that do have these top kids. And btw, you are delusional is you think any town team can compete on the same level as turtles or black..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question the Long Island North has the most talented players on Long Island . The south team is right there also. What a great experience this will be for these boys to play together against the best from other states. If I were a betting man I would bet the ranch the North team brings home the trophy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course all teams do this. They build a team around the talented kids they have. If the team directors perceive a weakness at a certain position they look to make a change there. In a try out some kids can have a great day and others can have a bad day. There are mistakes made. All of these teams in the various organizations are free to do what they want. All of these teams have dozens of kids trying out for what amounts to very few spots. Kids are going to get cut. Stop being so angry by what you think is unfair. Every kid at some point is going to fail. They will benefit from failure if you as a parent teach to not be angry and cry about lack of fairness. Instead you should teach your son grace and class and congratulate those that make the team. But most importantly teach them to learn from failure work harder and always get better. If remain so angry about what is perceived to be unfair and cannot get beyond you are doing your son a huge disservice. Talent and hard work eventually always end up on top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suppose your comment is true "relatively". Sure, LI is and has always been a lax hotbed. And I'm sure these top 25 "top tier" players you refer to will most definately find a DI team, after all there are a ton of them now. But the best players, perhaps 5 or 6 overall will be the bigger, faster, stronger players will land on the top teams (acc, ivy etc). I guess my point is that not all DI teams are the same level, just as these top 25 "top tier" LI players you mentioned will be the tops in their class. AFTER ALL, there are over 70 some odd DI teams.... If your kid wants DI there is surely some team out there for him. He may not play on a team destined for memorial day games or ivy etc ... Parents need to be realistic with their sons talent. Embrace that. But most of all, stop bashing those kids (teams) that do have these top kids. And btw, you are delusional is you think any town team can compete on the same level as turtles or black..

Not bashing anyone, calm down nut job!!!
I was replying to the poster from MD and his thoughts on MD teams. I am saying that the top travel teams could be even better from LI if A, there weren't so many teams, and B, if some of the kids from the afore mentioned teams were included. By the way if you took the top 25 kids from the 6 teams mentioned above they would compete and or beat the Turtles or Black. Look at the HS rosters from these schools D1 commits. UNC, DUKE, MARYLAND, HOPKINS, ND etc. Oh yeah, and some of these public schools are, or have been number 1 in the country. Also keep in mind that some kids that are D1 commits, while decent students, will not make the academic grid of a Hopkins or ND. They will go to great programs that may not be playing on Memorial Day.
WITH THAT SAID, MOVING FORWARD, NO ONE CARES ABOUT SCORES OR WHAT TEAM BEAT THE OTHER, ESPECIALLY THE COLLEGE COACHES. ITS ABOUT EXPOSURE AND FINDNG A SCHOOL THAT IS THE BEST FIT YOUR SON, BOTH ATHLETICALLY AND ACADEMICALLY, SO THEY CAN GRADUATE AND GET A JOB...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course all teams do this. They build a team around the talented kids they have. If the team directors perceive a weakness at a certain position they look to make a change there. In a try out some kids can have a great day and others can have a bad day. There are mistakes made. All of these teams in the various organizations are free to do what they want. All of these teams have dozens of kids trying out for what amounts to very few spots. Kids are going to get cut. Stop being so angry by what you think is unfair. Every kid at some point is going to fail. They will benefit from failure if you as a parent teach to not be angry and cry about lack of fairness. Instead you should teach your son grace and class and congratulate those that make the team. But most importantly teach them to arn from failure work harder and always get better. If remain so angry about what is perceived to be unfair and cannot get beyond you are doing your son a huge disservice. Talent and hard work eventually always end up on top

"OF COURSE ALL TEAMS DO THIS"
Do what? choose their friends kid over someone that is CLEARLY BETTER ! Perhaps some do, however, some of us thought the favoritism was VERY obvious last fall with fl$. I don't buy your argument

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to move on!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey anyone know why Turtles won't play Trueblue 2017 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was replying to the poster from MD and his thoughts on MD teams. I am saying that the top travel teams could be even better from LI if A, there weren't so many teams, and B, if some of the kids from the afore mentioned teams were included. By the way if you took the top 25 kids from the 6 teams mentioned above they would compete and or beat the Turtles or Black. Look at the HS rosters from these schools D1 commits. UNC, DUKE, MARYLAND, HOPKINS, ND etc. Oh yeah, and some of these public schools are, or have been number 1 in the country. Also keep in mind that some kids that are D1 commits, while decent students, will not make the academic grid of a Hopkins or ND. They will go to great programs that may not be playing on Memorial Day.
WITH THAT SAID, MOVING FORWARD, NO ONE CARES ABOUT SCORES OR WHAT TEAM BEAT THE OTHER, ESPECIALLY THE COLLEGE COACHES. ITS ABOUT EXPOSURE AND FINDNG A SCHOOL THAT IS THE BEST FIT YOUR SON, BOTH ATHLETICALLY AND ACADEMICALLY, SO THEY CAN GRADUATE AND GET A JOB...

k. glad we agree on 1 of your points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you need to get a hobby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from Ohio and played in a tournament recently with the top teams in Maryland Philly and Long Island. I thought they were all relatively close in talent. The Crabs were a very effective team that worked the ball around beautifully to the point where every shot was easy. The Bandits from Philly seemed to have a couple of really talented kids that had shots we couldn't stop. The Long Island Express Terps Black team was extremely athletic and they had a set of twin brothers who, while not super big, were the most animalistic 8th graders I have ever seen. So from our humble perspective we kind of see everyone in the eastern region as formidable in their own way. Your very lucky to have the talent you do out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from Ohio and played in a tournament recently with the top teams in Maryland Philly and Long Island. I thought they were all relatively close in talent. The Crabs were a very effective team that worked the ball around beautifully to the point where every shot was easy. The Bandits from Philly seemed to have a couple of really talented kids that had shots we couldn't stop. The Long Island Express Terps Black team was extremely athletic and they had a set of twin brothers who, while not super big, were the most animalistic 8th graders I have ever seen. So from our humble perspective we kind of see everyone in the eastern region as formidable in their own way. Your very lucky to have the talent you do out there.

Agree with this coming from a NJ Dad whose kid plays on one of the top NJ club teams. Not as much depth as LI across he board, but the top teams (Patriot, BBL, Tri-State, STEPS, etc.) can play with any of the top LI 2017 teams with exception of the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This winter the LI Express beat all the New Jersey teams pretty easily in all three age classes at the Indoor National tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think because Turtles are looking to play teams that they have to work to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you need to get a hobby

agree. omg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play on the outlaws and we did not lose to summit tht was our b team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles only play up - probably should move any conversation about them to the 2016 board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have consistently seen the turtles lose over the last few years to medium grade older teams from Westchester County. I am not sure that is the greatest strategy for those kids. Much better to dominate the 2017s consistently and get in their heads that way. Earlier this year I saw one if the Turtles best players at a series of workouts prior to the Jake Reed try outs. The kid was very good however when he went up against the best of rest he was far less dominant . Part of it was these kids where motivated to show him who was boss so to speak, and they got in this kids head who expected by virtue of his Turtle status everyone would collapse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have consistently seen the turtles lose over the last few years to medium grade older teams from Westchester County. I am not sure that is the greatest strategy for those kids. Much better to dominate the 2017s consistently and get in their heads that way. Earlier this year I saw one if the Turtles best players at a series of workouts prior to the Jake Reed try outs. The kid was very good however when he went up against the best of rest he was far less dominant . Part of it was these kids where motivated to show him who was boss so to speak, and they got in this kids head who expected by virtue of his Turtle status everyone would collapse

If the Turtles are consistently losing like you said you've witnessed then how do they win most tournaments that they enter?

Not a Turtle dad just asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do win a lot and a a great team for sure, just pointing out I have seen them lose several times to older bigger kids. Sometimes it's better to stay in your own age group and dominate. They should play the Crabs, Dukes, Bandits etc who play the game fast rather than playing up against older slower kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do win a lot and a a great team for sure, just pointing out I have seen them lose several times to older bigger kids. Sometimes it's better to stay in your own age group and dominate. They should play the Crabs, Dukes, Bandits etc who play the game fast rather than playing up against older slower kids.

Then everyone would make comments that they are destroying teams and be should playing up. It is a no win situation for them. They are the best in there age bracket......accept it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then everyone would make comments that they are destroying teams and be should playing up. It is a no win situation for them. They are the best in there age bracket......accept it.
As long as you accept you won't play anyone anywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sitting watching the Maryland team scrimmage
Long Island South. Maryland seems much more
athletic. Our boys better get it together heading
into the games! Lotta chatter about who is better,
we better back it up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sitting watching the Maryland team scrimmage
Long Island South. Maryland seems much more
athletic. Our boys better get it together heading
into the games! Lotta chatter about who is better,
we better back it up

The Maryland team is not strong at Brine. Got killed by NE team. Both LI teams and NJ teams undefeated so far.

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 69 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard