Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With regard to LI talent... Yes there are 5 to 10 teams that are very good in 2017. The top 5, will match up well with most teams from MD. (if they are the same age, sorry, always been an issue) The Turtles are on another planet. No, not a turtle parent. If a team from MD beats them, it has got to be an age deal. However, there are so many more clubs on LI, must be close to 30 now. That's not taking into account the public school HS coaches from top programs that make their kids play on their own team. For example, Ward Melville, Smithtown, Sayville, SWR, Sachem, West Islip, etc, etc. One could take the top 25 kids from the 6 schools mentioned and beat any travel team from anywhere. You could field it with 25 top tier FUTURE D1 players... The point is, the depth of talent on LI is far deeper than anywhere else in the country. With so many kids on so many teams, the top LI travel teams while all excellent, are in effect watered down. One could say it's an embarrassment of riches...

I suppose your comment is true "relatively". Sure, LI is and has always been a lax hotbed. And I'm sure these top 25 "top tier" players you refer to will most definately find a DI team, after all there are a ton of them now. But the best players, perhaps 5 or 6 overall will be the bigger, faster, stronger players will land on the top teams (acc, ivy etc). I guess my point is that not all DI teams are the same level, just as these top 25 "top tier" LI players you mentioned will be the tops in their class. AFTER ALL, there are over 70 some odd DI teams.... If your kid wants DI there is surely some team out there for him. He may not play on a team destined for memorial day games or ivy etc ... Parents need to be realistic with their sons talent. Embrace that. But most of all, stop bashing those kids (teams) that do have these top kids. And btw, you are delusional is you think any town team can compete on the same level as turtles or black..

Not bashing anyone, calm down nut job!!!
I was replying to the poster from MD and his thoughts on MD teams. I am saying that the top travel teams could be even better from LI if A, there weren't so many teams, and B, if some of the kids from the afore mentioned teams were included. By the way if you took the top 25 kids from the 6 teams mentioned above they would compete and or beat the Turtles or Black. Look at the HS rosters from these schools D1 commits. UNC, DUKE, MARYLAND, HOPKINS, ND etc. Oh yeah, and some of these public schools are, or have been number 1 in the country. Also keep in mind that some kids that are D1 commits, while decent students, will not make the academic grid of a Hopkins or ND. They will go to great programs that may not be playing on Memorial Day.
WITH THAT SAID, MOVING FORWARD, NO ONE CARES ABOUT SCORES OR WHAT TEAM BEAT THE OTHER, ESPECIALLY THE COLLEGE COACHES. ITS ABOUT EXPOSURE AND FINDNG A SCHOOL THAT IS THE BEST FIT YOUR SON, BOTH ATHLETICALLY AND ACADEMICALLY, SO THEY CAN GRADUATE AND GET A JOB...