BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,027
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 53 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny how tryouts are coming. Email after email advertisements of tryouts. This is where directors pad their pay checks. Get boat loads of kids to come to tryouts. Teams are doing this.Teams are doing that. It sounds so great. We welcome you. Look at our college commits. Come try out.(pay the fee). What they don’t put in those advertising emails is that the whole team is probably returning. So all those kids trying out are trying out for maybe 2 slots.(30 kids now on team). Everybody else gets put on a B or C team. None of those emails seem to say this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Andy Towers tweeting about the incident now. In the comments, someone posted a twitter account/pic of a woman with the same last name as the coach who looks like the woman in question.

Interesting! Maybe it wasn't the mom of a player after all.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake is beyond his expiration date and needs to pass this event onto someone that the kids can relate to like a Paul Rabil or Rob Pannell and who seem to have more and better knowledge and where with all to promote as s the sport and the event and can relate to the kids. This event was more about Jake and his new sports drink than the spirit of the game and the boys. I don’t think there was one kid who even knows who Jake is Having the 2025’s and the 2026’s play at the same venue at the same time was not about Covid, but cutting expenses and making it as profitable as he could. He actually diluted the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake is beyond his expiration date and needs to pass this event onto someone that the kids can relate to like a Paul Rabil or Rob Pannell and who seem to have more and better knowledge and where with all to promote as s the sport and the event and can relate to the kids. This event was more about Jake and his new sports drink than the spirit of the game and the boys. I don’t think there was one kid who even knows who Jake is Having the 2025’s and the 2026’s play at the same venue at the same time was not about Covid, but cutting expenses and making it as profitable as he could. He actually diluted the tournament.

I was surprised he didn't announce that they would do 13u and 14u every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would mean these teams would have to do it 2 years in a row. I don’t think you will get a lot of takers on that. Especially the ones from outside the northeast

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U14 definitely definitely looks better in tv.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would mean these teams would have to do it 2 years in a row. I don’t think you will get a lot of takers on that. Especially the ones from outside the northeast

Good point. Wonder what they do for location next year. By adding girls, they'll double that revenue anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny how tryouts are coming. Email after email advertisements of tryouts. This is where directors pad their pay checks. Get boat loads of kids to come to tryouts. Teams are doing this.Teams are doing that. It sounds so great. We welcome you. Look at our college commits. Come try out.(pay the fee). What they don’t put in those advertising emails is that the whole team is probably returning. So all those kids trying out are trying out for maybe 2 slots.(30 kids now on team). Everybody else gets put on a B or C team. None of those emails seem to say this.

The alternative is ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is awful a kid from TX played for LI WSYL. Parents were supposed to submit report cards to prove residence for a team. If that kid wanted to play he should have played for a Texas team. That is where he went to school. That FB post with him in his local Texas club for his Topps card is comical. There are a lot of teams that could have added on-age players that were outside of the 100 miles restriction. Team 91 cheated, knew they cheated and Jake let them cheat. Certainly national teams like Sweetlax, madlax etc should use Team 91 example for future WYSLs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? At least the kid was on age. Lets talk about other LI teams: Express, Rebels, Regulators....What about their performance? Did they have out of state kids or older kids?

Who cares?? The LI narrative is always that non LI teams use holdbacks. The WSYL is where they can play vs on age teams. That's great, until they go ahead and bring their MVP in from Texas to help win them the title. Bush league.

The Woodlands Mens Lacrosse Club facebook page, enough said.

Someone is very bitter
Not bitter JA you cheated..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is awful a kid from TX played for LI WSYL. Parents were supposed to submit report cards to prove residence for a team. If that kid wanted to play he should have played for a Texas team. That is where he went to school. That FB post with him in his local Texas club for his Topps card is comical. There are a lot of teams that could have added on-age players that were outside of the 100 miles restriction. Team 91 cheated, knew they cheated and Jake let them cheat. Certainly national teams like Sweetlax, madlax etc should use Team 91 example for future WYSLs.
All it takes is a couple of emails to the WSYL sponsors and the problem is solved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The alternative is ?
Stay where you are or leave. The grass is rarely greener. B team products are an absolute joke, you're better off not playing club at all. Same expense as A product, low level coaching, teammates than can barely catch and throw. Directors convince you it's better to see the field on their lesser team than be a role player on A. Hogwash either way, if you're standing on the sideline for 3500 dollars leave, if the alternative is a 3500 dollar B team find another program. Why do people continue to pay the same price for B teams. If you buy a lower model car do you pay the same price?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to let it go as the LI dads on here are saying. That's fine, then no more holdback, or LI school age cut off whining going forward. OK?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Sweetlax, Madlax, etc have players that relocate beyond the 100 mile radius they can absolutely do what 91 did - present the situation to the WSYL and ask them to rule on eligibility - if the player is deemed eligible he can play with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. Wonder what they do for location next year. By adding girls, they'll double that revenue anyway

Denver was great when my older son did it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No alternative. Just stating a funny observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should still be two separate venues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is over. 91 won. Move on. No other LI team is capable of beating them. Even without certain kids. And the reason why simple:

Instead of complaining, the Directors/Coaches should focus on what areas their teams need to improve upon. Most of these "coaches" do not DEVELOP kids or cultivate a team environment. They simply throw out the 11 kids they deem "the best" players and then scream for 48 minutes: "Good time, wheels, Syracuse, run, walk, breathe, speak, dont speak, shoot..." That's not coaching, its embarassing.

The successful coaches/programs build a team, tweak pieces here or there but actually mold that team over the course of years. I bet the "TX kid" was playing for them since he was in diapers. I'd bet he was a middie at one point or even a defender too. Good coaches find what a kid's skill set is and then build it into the system. At age 14, when a kid is asked "What position do you play?" The answer should be "I play lacrosse" The coaches/programs that get that are usually the successful ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, yeah. Imagine 600 13 year old boys and 600 13 year old girls at the opening ceremonies and banquet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The alternative is ?
Stay where you are or leave. The grass is rarely greener. B team products are an absolute joke, you're better off not playing club at all. Same expense as A product, low level coaching, teammates than can barely catch and throw. Directors convince you it's better to see the field on their lesser team than be a role player on A. Hogwash either way, if you're standing on the sideline for 3500 dollars leave, if the alternative is a 3500 dollar B team find another program. Why do people continue to pay the same price for B teams. If you buy a lower model car do you pay the same price?

Clearly you don't know how much various clubs cost. And how do you think your son is going to get any attention if he's never on the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, yeah. Imagine 600 13 year old boys and 600 13 year old girls at the opening ceremonies and banquet.
WSYL is over. 91 won. Move on. No other LI team is capable of beating them. Even without certain kids. And the reason why simple:

Instead of complaining, the Directors/Coaches should focus on what areas their teams need to improve upon. Most of these "coaches" do not DEVELOP kids or cultivate a team environment. They simply throw out the 11 kids they deem "the best" players and then scream for 48 minutes: "Good time, wheels, Syracuse, run, walk, breathe, speak, dont speak, shoot..." That's not coaching, its embarassing.

The successful coaches/programs build a team, tweak pieces here or there but actually mold that team over the course of years. I bet the "TX kid" was playing for them since he was in diapers. I'd bet he was a middie at one point or even a defender too. Good coaches find what a kid's skill set is and then build it into the system. At age 14, when a kid is asked "What position do you play?" The answer should be "I play lacrosse" The coaches/programs that get that are usually the successful ones.

Wasnt the 14u game close? Minus the MVP, would it be unrealistic to say that BBL, a NJ team, could have won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasnt the 14u game close? Minus the MVP, would it be unrealistic to say that BBL, a NJ team, could have won?

Without the MVP they wouldn't have even been in the championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without the MVP they wouldn't have even been in the championship game.

Sure looks that way. He had 16 goals in their 1st 7 games. three 1 goal wins, and two 2 goal wins in those games. Keep complaining about holdbacks LI dads!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
man you guys are sad and pathetic. Texas or not, its over, move on NO REALLY MOVE ON. Are you that bored in life that this is what you obsess over? Imagine if your kids grow up and become as obsessed and pathetic as you guys are, how proud you would be. (and I have no son in 25, but I was told I had to check out this thread for pure comedy)
Cant imagine the way you talk to your sons is this is how you act on anonymous forums

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just get your checkbooks ready as tryout season is upon you... Lax koolaide will be being served on the sidelines for $5 a glass... Drink up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
man you guys are sad and pathetic. Texas or not, its over, move on NO REALLY MOVE ON. Are you that bored in life that this is what you obsess over? Imagine if your kids grow up and become as obsessed and pathetic as you guys are, how proud you would be. (and I have no son in 25, but I was told I had to check out this thread for pure comedy)
Cant imagine the way you talk to your sons is this is how you act on anonymous forums

Yeah just move on its ok that they cheated to win....but its 91 so that's fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No 2025 son here either, but I do hear LI parents complain about holdbacks (keep reading in here if you dont think they obsess about it) and how the WSYL is a true test of on age lacrosse club teams. To bring in a stud from Texas to get them the win makes me laugh at their complaints about kids a few months older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, it's sad to complain about it. More sad to break U14 tournament rules to get a win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk about the woman with Express that got into it with the Iroquois. Any statement from Express yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you are new in here. Most posts and topics are sad and pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha. Imagine being on a lacrosse forum complaining about a game that you have no skin in and calling others sad and pathetic. 👌👌👌👌👌

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

Sounds like you need someone to call the waaa-ambulance!

Time to move on. Games are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

91 dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

91 dad?

How could anyone possibly defend the Texas kid playing? There's no way to say that wasn't violating the rules. 91 AND WSYL should be embarrassed. If 91 got some kind of special exception, it would be great for a 91 dad to let the board know. AND I realize that it's one kid and 91 likely still wins, but why was an exception made? Our team has a kid that has played since 2nd grade that missed the age cutoff by 1 month. He sat out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

91 dad?

How could anyone possibly defend the Texas kid playing? There's no way to say that wasn't violating the rules. 91 AND WSYL should be embarrassed. If 91 got some kind of special exception, it would be great for a 91 dad to let the board know. AND I realize that it's one kid and 91 likely still wins, but why was an exception made? Our team has a kid that has played since 2nd grade that missed the age cutoff by 1 month. He sat out.
91 likely wins? A previous poster said he had 15+ goals and they won three 1 goal games and two 2 goal games. I am guessing they do NOT win. What if VLC and Madlax got to choose one older kid each that was an MVP caliber team. I would bet they win the 91 game at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

91 dad?

Because they won. Give him a few weeks. When they lose to Laxachusetts, Madlax, 3d NE, Hawks or some other team that will have a few older kids and he will be crying about losing to older 2025s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cheated.

91 dad?

Because they won. Give him a few weeks. When they lose to Laxachusetts, Madlax, 3d NE, Hawks or some other team that will have a few older kids and he will be crying about losing to older 2025s.

Typical 91 move...

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: harsh words not permitted
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, let's simplify:

Seaford kid plays for 91 starting in 2nd grade
Kid submitted all Seaford residence and school paperwork and was approved in 2020 for WSYL
Same kid is on Team 91 and living on Long Island in July 2020
Kid moves to TX (during Covid) and continues to practice and play regularly with 91
Parents and 91 request and confirm with WSYL Organization that kid is still eligible due to unique circumstances
Multiple teams see kid during qualifiers and post the TX kid issue here on BOTC.
Several teams know, and even CoachC knows.
Kid and parents provide photo with TX club info and did not hide in any way
Kid was great in Qualifiers
Kid comes up frequently and works his rear end off.
Kid comes back full time after school year finishes in TX
Kid is really great in WSYL
91 won 5 games and lost 0 in preliminaries
91 wins quarterfinal and semi final games
91 Plays in Championship game on TV and wins 9-5

91 Received Trophy from Jake and Quint and are told they are the Champs
Kid gets a plaque and a watch from WSYL

91 not giving back trophy
Kid not giving back plaque or watch

Signed

The Champs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, let's simplify:

Seaford kid plays for 91 starting in 2nd grade
Kid submitted all Seaford residence and school paperwork and was approved in 2020 for WSYL
Same kid is on Team 91 and living on Long Island in July 2020
Kid moves to TX (during Covid) and continues to practice and play regularly with 91
Parents and 91 request and confirm with WSYL Organization that kid is still eligible due to unique circumstances
Multiple teams see kid during qualifiers and post the TX kid issue here on BOTC.
Several teams know, and even CoachC knows.
Kid and parents provide photo with TX club info and did not hide in any way
Kid was great in Qualifiers
Kid comes up frequently and works his rear end off.
Kid comes back full time after school year finishes in TX
Kid is really great in WSYL
91 won 5 games and lost 0 in preliminaries
91 wins quarterfinal and semi final games
91 Plays in Championship game on TV and wins 9-5

91 Received Trophy from Jake and Quint and are told they are the Champs
Kid gets a plaque and a watch from WSYL

91 not giving back trophy
Kid not giving back plaque or watch

Signed

The Champs

Thank you . That was an amazing explanation. Must have taken you some time to put that all together . Your brain must hurt now . Wear your champion shirt proudly , you're amazing ....oh I forgot it's your son that plays...your son is amazing . Scream that loudly and proudly .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi my name is Johnny and I would love to come to your university....

well kid your grades aren't that great what else have you done ?

Oh, I won the wsyl in 7th grade and my dad says I'm amazing at lacrosse .

See that door over there ? Don't let it hit you on the way out .

Page 44 of 53 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard