Originally Posted by Anonymous
This begs the question - what would you do if you and your son are unsatisfied with the program. We've been told that we should stick it out then not come back the next year. That approach seems rather of fatalistic. Do you go to the coach and tell them your concerns? What topics are and are not acceptable to discuss with the coach/owner: Unequal playing time, poor training, poor/lack of plays, loosing record, too large a roster, poor communication/logistics. Just how much do you as a parent push back in these situations? Hasn't happened to me yet. I am just curious. Are you just supposed to stick it out and say goodbye at the end of the season? In the end we are customers with a right to expect a satisfactory product/service.

There is nothing you can do except not give them your money next year. If you want to eat the money you already paid you can jump ship before the end of the season but that teaches your kid a bad lesson.

I agree that we are customers but NONE of these directors see it like that. If they did the FULL prices would be listed before tryouts. It's crazy that in MD they can have a not for profit club charging WAY less than the worst clubs charge on LI and there kids get just as good of an experience as our best clubs A teams.